KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Crazy REDNECKS in horror movies

Crazy REDNECKS in horror movies
Started by: Striel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

Crazy REDNECKS in horror movies

Something about crazy hillbilly rednecks in horror movies is creepy. I don't know what it is, maybe it's because I live in the country. Not that I've ever seen anyone like the way they portray country folk in these movies... anyways, my question is:

What are some of your favorite movies or characters involving crazy redneck hillbillies? I think the most demented movie scene involving rednecks is the rape scene in Deliverance. Of course there are tons of horror movies involving country folk, so what are some you like?

I watched a really REALLY bad movie a couple days ago called "Junior". Have you seen it? It's AWFUL. It's about 2 women that get out of jail and randomly decide to move to the country. When they get there, the sheriff warns them to get out, that they don't like their kind there. Keep in mind the women look like prostitutes, and it isn't long before they use random reasons for nudity. The women buy a run down house on a river/lake and decide to fix it up and one will sell sandwiches while the other one will fix boat motors. That first night they stay there and a bunch of rowdy folks wake them up with a party outside. The girls go out and tell them to leave, but of course they tell the girls to go away, they don't belong there...blah blah blah.

Junior is one of the redneck men who doesn't like the girls and decides he wants them out. It shows him talking to his mother on occation, she looks like a man dressed in drag with makeup on.

The movie is basically about all these redneck men trying to run these two so called hot women out of town. The women end up having to kill all these people to stay alive, while Junior keeps killing thier only friends. Yeah, that sounds REALLY realistic, doesn't it?

So have you seen it?
I also rented a movie called "A Crack in the Floor". It's a new release, but was straight to video. It's not too great, very predictable. Have you seen it?

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Oct 7th, 2003 09:09 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

Redneck Zombies
Lowest budgeted movie ever!!!!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 02:49 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

Redneck Zombies??? LMAO! I didn't know there WAS such a movie...

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:42 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

the redneck in Evil Dead II was kinda creepy when he threatened Ash and Annie with the shotgun.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:48 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Deliverence has teh best rednecks.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 11:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Espantada20
Sexual Entity

What's a crack in the Floor about?Deliverance a redneck,hillbilly cousin humping classic.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 02:18 AM
Espantada20 is currently offline Click here to Send Espantada20 a Private Message Find more posts by Espantada20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

A Crack in the Floor is about a group of twenty-somethings going into the woods for a camping trip. The run into a couple nutty hillbillies on their way... then they start to die one by one. It's one of those movies with an annoyingly frustrating ending.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 05:53 AM
chico
chopper style

Would you count the guys in I Spit on Your Grave as rednecks? If so, they were pretty creepy.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 07:22 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

I have 2 agree with many the Rednecks in Deliverence where the best.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2003 07:48 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Espantada20
Sexual Entity

Rednecks in general are scary.I tend to stay far far far far far far away from their neck of the woods which is probably across the country from where I live which is a very comfortable space between.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 02:11 AM
Espantada20 is currently offline Click here to Send Espantada20 a Private Message Find more posts by Espantada20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Yeah you wouldn't want to come to my neck of the woods (KY)YYEEEEHHHAAAWWW!!! *banjo play*

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:36 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I dug the rednecks in House of 1000 Corpses. The ones in Deliverance are a breed of their own, along with Zed from Pulp Fiction, but the rednecks in Corpses were likable and funny, like good warm friends.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:39 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

....I wouldn't consider them warm an' friendly TH. But I think the rednecks in Delieverence were pretty creppy

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 05:30 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

yeah, the deliverance rednecks were definatley not warm and friendly. That's why I don't like them.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 05:34 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

all the family in TCM are hillbillys, how screwwed are those guys?

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:47 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hills have eyes have awesome rednecks.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 08:52 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yes, the hills have eyes deffaintly have some demented canibalistic rednecks

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:01 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

have you guys ever seen Redneck Zombies? Netflix has it.
This guy is transporting toxic waste in his jeep and he hits a bump and the can goes flying out, of course he doesnt notice (its the only can in the jeep). Anyway three necks and pa find it. And they are responsible for all the Swill the nearby townfolk drink. So they decide to try a special batch with there new found canister. After a hardcore trip, They become Zombies, and of course they already sent there Swill to market!!! its a great Flick!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:27 PM
Cowboyography is currently offline Click here to Send Cowboyography a Private Message Find more posts by Cowboyography Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wanted to see Deliverance, my mom said that "wrong turn" copied alot of what made Deliverance so good...so I wanna see it big grin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:48 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cowboyography
Eye Of God

LOL, Deliverance is alot, and in a good way, alot different thanwrong turn. Although I wouldnt mind seeing what they did to Ned done to any of those chikys in Wrong turn, Seeing as how there wasnt any TandA with three hotties! Dileverance is a Gritty, hardcore, and sick movie (I thought it was awsome) very well made. Burt does great. I listen to the soundtrack all day

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 04:06 PM