Gandalf Vs. Dumbledore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Who would win and why ? This guys have always seemed similar to me and I can't post this thread on the harry potter or lotr forums cuz it would be biased.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ummm i voted for number 3.

ragesRemorse
dumbledore died recently so i'd go with gandalf, because he died and that diddnt stop him from comming back and dumbledore is still dead

pablo007
the actor that played Dumbledore died man

pablo007
not the character

silver_tears
voted for gandalf........but i chose gandalf based on the belief he would be white and not grey big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
rr meant it as an expression lol smile

ragesRemorse
yeah but still. that should count for somthin

N.Tonks
I think dumbledore would win cause he can do all those shielding charms and he can do al these charms on statues and stuff to protect him and he can do a lot of offensive spells too. but I'm a huge harry potter fan so my opinion is probably biased.

ragesRemorse
LOL expressions kick As*.

i think dumbledore would win. He has a lot more powers. And just for the record i like the Lotr series more than the harry potters ones

BackFire349
Gandalf

ragesRemorse
gandalf can return from the dead as a spiratual mediator of a magical God. that should be enough to decide this match

movie_freak
Gandalf....Hes way more powerful than Dumbledore..since he becames Gandalf the White

pablo007
But Gandalf didn't die he entered into some sort of trance

FallingBlue
Gandalf, seens as he has alil more than kiddy spells

Tied Hiker
Gandalf would win. He fell into shadow with the Balrog of Morgoth and survived. Dumbledore is out of shape.

badkittykitty
I swear to god I was just going to write this!!!

Nivvy
Gandalf.

He's used to travelling, baring it out in the snow, the hills, fields, He's like an Infantryman. He has an equal balance between his magic and his physical endurance.

Rogue Jedi
dumbledore would kick his medeival ass.

Tied Hiker
RJ, you are just saying that to be a dick. You don't really care.

BackFire349
Hmmm, when deciding between the 2, you have to keep in mind the crappiness of the harry potter series...

Rogue Jedi
what? who rattled your cage?

pablo007
Yeah but Dumbledore is a powerful wizard.

BackFire349
Gandalf helps save teh world from teh dark lord, dumbledore runs around with little british kids in a school.....come on..

Rogue Jedi
dumbledore is more powerful, yes.

Tied Hiker
RJ, you really think Dumbledore is more powerful?

Tied Hiker
Gandalf craps bigger than Dumbledore.

badkittykitty
I am with th here,dumbledore is just plain dumb

Rogue Jedi
ok...what was the name of that wizard who byatch slapped gandalf around in the first lotr movie?

Tied Hiker
That was Saruman the white. Gandalf was under him. Then, Gandalf fell into shadow and killed the Balrog. That was such an important and historical event that Gandalf went from Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White, becoming as powerful as Saruman. But Since Gandalf is unselfish with his powers, it makes him more powerful than Saruman as long as Middle Earth doesn't fall into Darkness.

Rogue Jedi
whatever.......not my cup of tea......why are you upset that i think dumbledore is more powerful? its just an opinion.

Tied Hiker
I'm not mad. I'm sittng here chatting and drinking whiskey and coke and watching dish net, couldn't be happier.

Rogue Jedi
then why did you call me a dick?

BackFire349
gandalf would kick dumbledore's pedafile ass. Why do you think dumbledore hangs out with a bunch of little kids?

badkittykitty
Very good point BF

Tied Hiker
I never called you a dick. I just thought you were being a smart ass.

Rogue Jedi
well, you got me there......also, why is voldemort afraid of dumbledore?

BackFire349
Doesn't want dumbledore to penetrate his corn hole.

Tied Hiker
RJ, I just want to make it clear that because of you and BKK, I was able to quit smoking. I highly respect both of you for that fact. I never thought of you as a dick. You are one of my favorite people on these forums and I like to think I can f*ck around with you.

Tied Hiker
I'm a huge smart ass and I can't help it. I'm sorry to all I have offended.

Rogue Jedi
its all good, baby.

badkittykitty
wow we helped you quit...thanks th,that is really nice what you said.wish i could have quit with you th...I just started my stop smoking program,I have to pick a quit date,like soon!

ragesRemorse
i havent read any harry potter books, maybe he has actually done somthing in one of the books but in the movies he hasnt done a damn thing. gandalf saved existence, defeated a creature of evil darkness, and tapped into magical links of unknown powers. So maybe dumbledore coud take out a troll or somthing,but put him in middle earth and his skills in wizardry wuld be laughable even by a hobbit

Tied Hiker
That is funny. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
maybe, but ill put my money on dumbledore.....he is like yoda, he only uses his powers when he has to.

ragesRemorse
as does gandalf

Nivvy
Gandalf has a stick, he could swipe his stick at Dumbledore's ankles and probably break his old ass hip.

Tied Hiker
Gandalf does too, but to Dumbledore's credit he has a money pheonix and the books ain't over yet so I'm sure he'll show some crazy shit we haven't seen yet like him in serious action.

Tied Hiker
Dumbledore probably gets laid more. He's always hanging out with that one witch chick who turns into a cat. A pussy cat.

ragesRemorse
i bet he makes her turn into a cat when they get it on

BackFire349
I bet he gets arrested for having sex with harry potter.

Rogue Jedi
or gandalf.

BackFire349
gandolf doesn't run around with little boys all day long. The only thing gandolf may be accused of is HobbitRape, but that is not nearly as bad as a pedafile

Rogue Jedi
so the kids should be allowed to run free with no supervision?

BackFire349
Well if they're so special, why not?

Rogue Jedi
but they are still kids. besides, you know that gandalf was doing that little hobbit bilbo....or is it dildo?

Tied Hiker
Gandolf has a bigger staff.

Rogue Jedi
mine is bigger than yours.

ragesRemorse
gandalf does some bad ass magic tricks with his staff.

Tied Hiker
Gandalf owns the lord of all horses. Shadowfax. He rides it bareback because you don't really ride Shadowfax. Shadowfax takes you for the ride.

Rogue Jedi
they are both pussies....i could whip their magical asses.

Tied Hiker
What book are you in?

sauron
well i think dumbledore would win

now im a massive lotr fan but just hear me out

gandalf is one of few wizards in middle earth
the story s not based on him being a wizard so he doesnt need to use much magic
dumbledore however is in a story full of wizards and always said to be the best so jk gave him amazing powers that gandlaf just wouldnt need

Hegemon875
If anyone here votes for dumblewhateverthehellhisnameis they definitely haven't read the Silmarillion.

sauron
i have read the silmarillion but here we go hedgemon i pmed this to you cos you showed considerable outrage lol

so here i am to show my true mening of why i chose dumbledore even though i love gandalf sooom much

i meant it as this

dumbledore holds greater power than gandalf because he NEEDS it see the evil in harry potter is voldemort and people have always said dumbledore was stronger so he was given a VAST array of spells in the upcoming book six we get to see him using unthought of spells he advances the avada kedaveda making it shoot out as liquid to kill anything it touches (rumour going about)

gandalf was never said to be as powerful as sauron

gandalf would put up on HELL of a fight but i do believe he would lose

look at the charms dumbledore uses, making things leap to life and save him, gandalf could not do that as it say in simarillion nothing can give new life apart from illuvatar

plus gandalf favours to use his sword alot

Hegemon875
Well then youre just INSANE!

sauron
given this pm from hedgemon

Re: WHAT!!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sauron wrote on 11-22-2003 12:42 PM:
no i meant it as this

dumbledore holds greater power than gandalf because he NEEDS it see the evil in harry potter is voldemort and people have always said dumbledore was stronger so he was given a VAST array of spells in the upcoming book six we get to see him using unthought of spells he advances the avada kedaveda making it shoot out as liquid to kill anything it touches

gandalf was never said to be as powerful as sauron

gandalf would put up on HELL of a fight but i do believe he would lose

look at the charms dumbledore uses, making things leap to life and save him, gandalf could not do that as it say in simarillion nothing can give new life apart from illuvatar

plus gandalf favours to use his sword alot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gandalf is a Maia (sp) there is no way Dumbledore could win. Dumbledore has many TRICKS but has he never fought thousands of advancing orcs ready to rip him apart limb from limb. Gandalf never uses his full powers in the books, he's not allowed to. His purpose was to get the people of Middle Earth to fight for themselves. Gandalf is one of the most powerful beings in Middle Earth, he directly defies Sauron, the right hand man of the source of ALL evil. How could he be defeated by a school principle?

i have decided to withdraw my selection of dumbledore and vote gandalf

BingaBonga
Gandalf all the way, dumbledore is cool, but Gandalf kicks ass

sauron
yeah ive decided to choose gandalf but gandalf does need a wash, dumbledore cuddly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.