This is Your Brain on Rejection

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Alright I was reading a cosmo mag and this is what i found.........

"Ever wonder why you feel so rotten the next day when your date doesnt call? It turns out that your brain is responsible and not your heart. It takes snubbing almost as bad as physical pain. Researchers at a university in Australia have discovered that physical pain and the pain of rejection are linked in the same part of your brain making you hurt physically when you hurt emotionally from rejection."

I found that very interesting yes

Shadowskill
Well, I read in my Mom's WomenWorld that you get some of the headaches you do because of flourescent lightbulbs. You only see them blink once or twice ever couple of seconds, but they actually blink over 1,000 times a second... Your brain can't register it, thus, you get a headache...weird, eh?

silver_tears
weird but i find my topic sad sad
thats why you just gotta get over these things yes

Fire
didn't know that Silver
Shadow we learned that 2 years ago in our physics class

silver_tears
well now you do big grin

DeNiro
i can belive that when i get like exited about sumthing then someone cancells i feel sick but ne way u know that u keep ur eyes shut for a half hour ever day cause thats how much u blinck but that doesnt work on me cause i have contacts and air doesnt get to them so i never have to blink

silver_tears
messed where did that come from laughing out loud

Fire
Btw same with TV headaches and Computer screen headaches. Tho they should form less of a problem

silver_tears
im always using the comp for homework or forums and such and im quite healthy big grin

silver_tears
actually i dont feel too good right now messed

Fire
well you get used to it, but too many screens are bad for your eyesight and they will cause headaches eventualy

of course ur heart is not responsible, the brain controls all emotion, the heart thing is just a figure of speech.

bigbadbike2
Hey so that's why I have a headache after the girl from Sonic turns me down.

DeNiro
i am so tired and i dont know how i got on to this thread but ill post on it ne wayand i just want to see how long i can type without looking till i mess up and i keep fo damn it i messed up

bigbadbike2
That's great D.

silver_tears
*clap clap clap* laughing good job D big grin

Outbound
roface

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.