Cirdan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corlindel
Anyone can expain me why everyone is missing Cirdan sad ???

I think he it will be completely forgotten in LOTR movies and his role is so important as Elrond or Galadriel as the owner of the third elven ring.

Exa
Good question
The problem is that the fellowship didnt travel to Mithlond yet
And hm he's "just" the ex-owner of Narya big grin

I hope we'll see him at the end of RoTk (lol Im wonderin what he gonna look like cuz in the book he has a long beard big grin )

I think Cirdan is even one of the most important people I mean just look at him he had been fighting Sauron and supporting Elrond&co for centuries (maaaaany centuries)

Corlindel
Ex owner but owner for centuries smile

Thanks for the explanation but independently of the travel to Mithlond it will happens only in ROTK, the problem is that i am afraid he might be forgotten by Peter Jackson.

Do you know something about that. Dis anyone knows if he will appear in ROTK

Exa
Hm yes right
But the also showed Gilgalad so shortly yet he even had two rings of power for a very long time...

"forgotten", yes, like *some* other characters... :angry:

No dunno anything I just found some pix that might show parts of Mithlond but empty.

Corlindel
Empty Mithlond and Rivendell without Glorfindel sad

Exa
mad yes glorfindely... and then Arwens horse even got the same name as his *cries*

Empty cuz I think its just a photo of a set... perhaps it isnt even Mithlond.

turin
dont we see cirdan in the prologue in the fellowship, when they are showing the rings of power and the elf with the grey hair in the back i assume is cirdan. PJ has to show him at the havens, he just has to. and you say he was aiding elrond for ceturies but his history is much more then that. he endured the long march from lake cuiniven (i beleive thats the name) and when osse persuaded some of the teleri to remain on the shores of middle earth cirdan took their lordship. he sent aid in all the great wars of beleriand (except perhaps the war of wrath) he looked after gilgalad when fingon sent him to the falas, he aided the remanents of menengroth and gondolin. he remained in middle earth after the first age and aided gilgalad in the wars againt sauron. he marched in the amy of the last alliance. he was the man! lol. he is the oldest living elf (in middle earth) and i dont beleive treebeard could be too much older then him.

Exa

Corlindel

Exa

Corlindel
thanks

Corlindel

Exa
lol big grin I also restarted reading some days ago with the Sil and the unfinished Tales... and rotk big grin
Its only one or two years since I read them but I also forgot everything big grin

turin
well i dont beleive it says anywhere that he was born there but i doubt he would have been born on the journey and still be held as a leader among his people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.