Joel Silver-Blah Blah Blah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slinger
Ok, I like Joel Silver but, he talks way too much about how the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions will never be copied. If they can do it, somebody else can too. What do you guys think?

burlyman
i think joel silver is stuck to a seat somewhere, because on the reloaded dvd he is sitting in front of the same fountain as on the matrix revisited interviews
...if i remeber rightly...

forumcrew
well slinger.. they did invent a lot of the stuff they did.. it can be copied.. but the people who did it for the matrix would have to do it.. and that wouldnt reallu be copying cause they are the special fx people who invented it in the first place.... other people could do it but it will prolly take them a while to copy it good.. if they kept making matrix movies (which they arnt) i think they would always be 1 or 2 or 3 steps above everyone else

sith_darth_jay
joe silver can kiss my @$$

burlyman
$$ is wat his is made of

slinger
I know it'll take a while to copy it and get it perfect but still, someday somebody will copy it.

sith_darth_jay
hey guys, has anyone noticed how blade used almost the same FX than matrix, and then blade 2 used those CG characters as reloaded did?
and blade came out before matrix (both of them)

burlyman
"We have done visual effects for the movie that, because of the time that we took to make them and the cost, will never be seen again. So I really think that the bar has been raised so high that, you know, there is no bar. This will end the way movies have been made up to now, because they can go no further."

forumcrew
hahahaahaha sith, blades fx werent close to matrix.. they may of had a similar idea but no..

slinger
I'm gonna get rid of Jay, guys, don't worry.

forumcrew
haha good work

sith_darth_jay
ok, of course blade FX don't come close to those of the matrix!!!!!!!!
i'm just saying that they were almost the same (in concept), and came out before matrix, but the matrix FX are the unique.

tshirt
They will be copied, just like bullet time was copied. They will be surpassed, just like Star Wars, Close Encounters, T1, T2 - big jump there, Armageddon, Independence Day, Men In Black, The Matrix and so many others that were ground breaking were surpassed.

It is simply a matter of time. And some money. It might not be this year, but it will happen.

Instead of a 1 mile highway, someone will build a 2 mile highway. Or a 4 square city block. Instead of One Neo fighting 200 Smiths, they will have two gangs or armies with thousands on each side (LOTR?) fighting each other.

SimplePriest
yeah, I agree with Tshirt. It will eventually happen. I still remember how blown away I was when I saw Jurrasic Park in the theatre. Now I'd look at it and wonder what the big deal was. The bars will always be raised. That's just how things work. I can see some things in Matrix one that aren't nearly as well done as they were in Reloaded. Such is life. wink

Noola
Joel "there is no bar" Silver just makes me mad . The Matrix is great, but is not the be all and end all of movies. Eventually, things from the movies will be copied. C'mon - how long will it be before it's, say, Austin Powers vs 1000 Mini-mes

spydar1982
Thank you I agree. I got bashed for my thoughts on Joel. I have never seen one producer blab his lips so much. He is the cause for the overhype.

burlyman
does anybody agreee with me that his fat @$$ is stuck to a chair somewhere??

JediHDM
I am the producer, i created the hype...

burlyman
hes been sitting on the same chair in front of a fountain for 4 years

sith_darth_jay
how big is that chair anyway?
with the money he has, it must be made of gold

slinger
Hello, Jay.

SimplePriest
Jedi> Well I hope your movie lives up to the hype! I've got a lot of emotions riding on this movie now.

sith_darth_jay
hi

slinger
hi back

slinger
you still haven't answered my question.
how many candles do you want on your cake?

sith_darth_jay
i still don't understand why you asked me that

slinger
Because I'm crazy, you should have learned that by now.

slinger
Read my sig, that's proof.

sith_darth_jay
uh ... ok

slinger
Yeah man, it's morphin time. santa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.