5 - 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Can't believe nobody else has posted about the England v Germany match on Saturday. As you may have expected I got completely rat-arsed on beer and double whiskey chasers.

Owen walked away with the match ball but I was carried out by some friends. Hurrah. smile

King Jedi
I was hoping no one would mention it. sad

According to a journalist on BBC2 you have already won the World Cup.

yerssot
Let's talk about the 0-1 defeat of Holland!!!

King Jedi
Let's talk about how Scotland are going to beat Belgium on Wednesday! big grin

yerssot
Hey kid, don't get cocky!!

btw: it's going to be a draw, that's when Scotland finally plays well, they didn't deserve to win against Croatia big grin

King Jedi
I know. But if you read the press over here then you'd think we got beat. We've played Croatia twice and drawn twice but they still say Croatia are a better team. They're not. They've had two chances to prove it and they still can't beat us.

I think we'll beat Begium and Latvia in our last matches and qualify.
And Belgium will beat Croatia because their not as good as everyone thinks.

finti
That was a great match (Germany- England)
I always cheered for England that is where my football heart lies.
Leeds United big grin Norway suck big time at the moment. The Norwegian coach is probably the only coach on a loosing streak that get an offer for 5 new years good work Norway...not fire his ass. Gonna play Wales on wednesday if we loose to the taffys I personally gonna go to Oslo and kick the coaches ass, he uses palyers that are ready for geriatric department at retiering home for elders.

Ratcat
I think there are some realists out there, including the team might I add, who realise that one victory a world cup does not make.

Let's see what happens on Wednesday, it may be a lesser team, but at least it will give us more to measure by.

King Jedi
laughing out loud Tore Andre Flo is playing terrible for Rangers as well.

It looks like a few big teams might not make it like Holland, Germany, Brazil and the Czech Republic.

yerssot
You don't hear me complaining smile Go Belgium!!!!
btw: Czech Republic can still go on, but they than have to play extra, against the number 2 of group 6 (where Belgium is)

King Jedi
And where you're going to stay, while we take top spot! big grin

mah
go czech republic! they're my favourite team, except norway (who's not much of a team to be liking these days).

King Jedi
Why the Czech Republic?

mah
i like their playing stile, and have enjoyed watching their matches for many years.

King Jedi
Their the reason we never qualified automatically for Euro2000. sad

Ushgarak
Now, Yerssot raises a good point. Only a few months ago, queeq wwas mocking the poor performance of the England team. Well, who has just given the German's their worst competitive result since 1936, their first home qualifiying defeat in 15 years... and who has just lost to the Republic of Ireland and is NOT GOING TO THE WORLD CUP!

I wish queeq were here, he deserves to hear all this. May I add that the Dutch manager blamed it on he hard pitch. Diddums...

finti
of course he blaimed the hard pitch they live under the water levell you know. big grin I`m really glad on Englands behalf, if England played Norway I would have a hard time to choose side. Sounds strange comming from a Norwegian. The reason is that I followed the English league since I was around 6 years old, of course my heart beats for Norway. I cant really explain it but I really do cheer for England and curses the way Norway are playing at the moment.(Ask Monika she has to calm down my abbusive language everytime Norway plays) This is her during a match "Live is going to pick up all those foul words so get a grip on your language boy and they cant hear you through the TV anyway so stop yelling." "Do you have to use that kind of language?" big grin

Ushgarak
Watch that language as in bad langauge or English...?

I understand more Swedes watched the England match than the Swedish one as well.

yerssot
In the Czech republic- team plays Koller, he was one of the greatest in Belgium were he played for Anderlecht.

finti

yerssot
If you hadn't put the translation there we wouldn't understand a f*ck what you were saying laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

King Jedi
And some people say that club football is more important and popular than international football. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I nearly broke my neck on Saturday when I jumped of a chair when I thought we scored. But it was offside. sad

yerssot
Seems like you're made for suffering, tomorrow Belgium-Scotland smokin' smokin'

King Jedi
Scotland 3 - Belgium 0 smokin'

yerssot
Actually I agree with that

King Jedi
Don't worry. You WILL beat Croatia as they are diving cheats and not nearly as good as everyone makes out.

yerssot
So scotland and belgium played a draw against them for charity

finti
well Belgium showed a very weak figure against Finland in the friendly game between them a couple a weeks ago, my bet for the Belgium-Scotland game is a draw. (1-1) big grin

mah
norway will get their first victory on a long time (10 matches) against Wales. the welshmen can't beat us.

finti
so certain are you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Zereil
oh its all fair enough, I dont like football...

finti
blasphemer big grin

Ushgarak
I MUST see you watching football one day, Finti... and don't mind Zereil, you know what he is like.

yerssot
Well KJ, I just saw your coach on the Belgian news and he seemed very nervous and rumor has it, if he fails he can look for another job.

mechmoggy
He always looks nervous, he's a big teddy bear!

Off to the pub again tonight, (same pub and drinking the same again - superstition you see), for Albania Mania. Under 21's gave them a kicking last night so I feel a good 3-0 coming on.

Be gentle with me tomorrow, whisky chasers on a week night aren't a good idea. COME ON ENGLAND. big grin

yerssot
I knew he was big but the rest ...

Only a few houres left ...
Come on Scotland, I mean Belgium!!!!!!!!!

finti
Come on Dominic Matteo you handle the Belgian`s with ease. smile

yerssot
He knows and I know, but those other guys, I don't know...

King Jedi
Fence sitter! smile

I didn't want Dominic Matteo in the team at first because he chose England over Scotland and had under21 caps for them, even though he is Scottish. But he's done alright so far.

Yerrsot they've been saying Craig Brown is on his last chance for years. He and the Luxembourg manager are the longest staying managers in international football.
His record is great. We've played 49 competitive matches under him and only lost 8. That's some record.

Your manager is getting stick over here because he say's the group is between Belgium and Croatia and Scotland don't have a chance.

yerssot
To be honest, he said that Belgium and Croatia will have to fight out for the second place, because Belgium still needs 4 points, and we play against Croatia as last game. And if we are still honest here; he is quite afraid of Scotland

King Jedi
Groovy! big grin

Only 2 hours to go! smokin'

yerssot
I'm generous, am I?
Only 2 hours!!

King Jedi
Are the press getting involved over there? The game is all over the papers and news here.

Ushgarak
England 2 Albania 0; bit less comfortable than that looks; bit edgy by England.

Belgium 2 Scotland 0; bad luck, KJ, but stranger fightbacks have happened. Pleasant surprise for you, Yerssot?

Raz
Englands on top of the league, yay!

Ushgarak
About time too. A win at Greece and we're on our way to the World Cup... unless Germany wins by 10 goals or something mad like that.

finti
No way the Finland team are very impressive at the moment. Germany is gonna get theirhandsfull. It seems Germany gonna meet either Belarus or Ukraine in the playoffs which would end in a German victory. Belgium seem to be on their way to the world cup after a LUCKY big grin win over the men in skirts.

mechmoggy
Tee hee, we beat um. Suffering this morning though, apparently - according to Mrs.Mechmoggy - I made myself a chicken sandwich last night whilst steamin', dropped it several times from the kitchen to bed and still ate it. She was gonna stop me but thought it was funnier to leave me and remind me this morning.

Greece are a better side than Albania in my opinion but I still think we'll win, even if we defend as deeply as we did last night. Fowlers goal was class - he must have had a reds t-shirt on under his England shirt - cus he's never pulled something out of the bag like that before in a white top.

yerssot
finti,finti,finti!!!!

Can I say this: 1 time against the wooden frame and twice they've beaten the keeper there last man kicked it away.

WE WON!!!!!!!
Sorry, KJ, I promise we would win so Scotland can go with us.

Ushgarak
Here that? That's the sound of silence from the US contingent here...

King Jedi
sad sad sad sad sad sad mad mad sad

That's the worst performance I've ever seen from a Scotland team. It was pathetic. I'm ashamed to wear the top. Belgium deserved to win as we were pants!!

If we beat Latvia by 6 goals and Belgium beat Croatia then we will qualify. But we have NO chance!

yerssot
Did they sent that out in Scotland: Robert Waseige who said that he wanted Scotland as second and not Croatia.

What did I saw???? USA out Costa Rica in !!!!!!!!!! cool cool

King Jedi
Yerrsot it doesn't matter if you beat Belgium bacause there is NO WAY were are going to score 6 goals against Latvia. And we don't deserve to be in the World Cup anyway.

Holland are out! What is the world coming to? Is America out?

finti
America beeing what country? If you thnk about the great soccer nation of USAlaughing out loud they have three games left to sort it out as for now it is Costa Rica, Honduras and Mexico but USA are levell on points with Mexico.
Well England is on their way at least one team to follow.

Ushgarak
Let's keep repeating that Holland are out, just so queeq gets the message on when he gets back.

Losing to the ROI, eh? Dearie me...

(I'll just repeat for those who think I am being nasty that queeq REALLY invited this...)

yerssot
Did anyone said that HOLLAND IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Ush, as someone from Belgium I have to rub it under his nose!!!!!!!

Anyone knows something about Brasil?

King Jedi
Brazil are fourth in their group and I think they need to win all of their remaining games to qualify.

yerssot
Against who is that?

Holland is out

King Jedi
I don't know. But the way they are playing I don't think it matters. They won't make it.

yerssot
KJ is always optimistic rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

finti
He is right, they wont make it.

King Jedi
It could well be the worst world cup ever.

finti
Yes Sweden could win laughing out loud laughing out loud

yerssot
Why?
We won 2-1 against Sweden, so: BELGIUM WINS THE WORLD CUP!!!
(if we get qualified)

finti
dream on Belgian blue, there is no way Belgium is gonna win WC by the way the first goal aginst Sweden should have been disallowed because off for a handball on that black striker of yours. My pic for the winner next year ARGENTINA. Remember you heqard it here first.

yerssot
Mpenze controlled the ball with his shoulder wich IS accepted as part of the body and not the arms.
Still we beated the crap out of them evil face evil face

Belgium is going to lose against Croatia, win the other games against the other (Denmark, Chech,...) and than we win the WC!!!

Reminder to myself; stop drinking Belgium beer

finti
You must hope for the Chech`s then because you dont stand a snowballs chance in hell against Denmark. You just drink your Belgian beer and we stick with the good stuff like Heineken big grin

yerssot
You don't know what good beer is, even if it drives straight at you evil face evil face

King Jedi
Yip, Argentina will win it.

finti
Norwegians knows good beer, and it sure as hell aint no belgian beer. So you can just have your different glasses for the different types of beer and I`ll stick with Heineken or Carlsberg maybe a Tuborg, now that is beers for ya. big grin
And Im not so sure Belgium is gonna loose to Croatia, but it doesent matter they dont stand a chance in the world cup anyway. If they go to the WC I hope they draw a group with Argentina evil face

yerssot
Very nice, Finti.

Heineke is Dutch beer, and you DON'T want that do you?
If you are here in Belgium I'll invite you to a 'cafe' and you'll see that you missed the good ones all your life cool

Argentina? We whipe the floor with them!!!!
(That is BEFORE they come on the field!)

BTW: is Norway qualified already?

finti
Norway is fighting for not to be last in the group embarrasment mad . They really suck big time at the moment, there is a generation change in the Norwegian team and it has not been handled very well so far.
I`ve been to Belgium, Interrailing in my younger days smile Hated France though.

yerssot
Hey, can't blame you for the France thing.

Too bad for Norway, I find them a good team

King Jedi
I hate France as well. It smells.

finti
I hated France for the unwillingness to speak English. I know France is a big country, but they cant excpect every tourist that visit the country speak French.

yerssot
That's why God created Belgium big grin
Whe speak Dutch,English,French and German

King Jedi
I went to Paris and hated it. The tourist parts are fine. But go 10 minutes in any direction and you hit slums. There were hundereds of Noth African imigrants sleeping on the streets and one of my friends was mugged by some of them. The French police weren't very helpfull.
There attitude was "Well you should have been more carefull".

finti
What yerssot is it to confusing to have one language big grin and I dont think it was God who created Belgium, my guess for the creator would be evil face <------------

King Jedi
Tin Tin created Belgium. Sorry, I was watching tin tin this morning and it's freaked me out!

yerssot
darn, I' discovered!!!!
*makes himself ready to kill finti*http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/otn/violent/awing.gif

finti
a challange from Belgium, lets coupe the Un while we are at it.
Finti makes his Viking army ready to invade Belgium.

yerssot
Hey, we're now in charge of the EU so, don't do it!

finti
even more reason to do it evil face

yerssot
Darn it,
now let's get the USA involved in this!

finti
Yeah the entire EU would be no match for us Vikings. evil face

yerssot
We will get you all drunk so you wouldn't remember those plans!

finti
Do you know how much it takes to get Vikings drunk, evil face Finti starts to sing no more beer is left in Belgium. lalalalala wink

yerssot
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
don't drink ALL the beer!!

finti
Yes we will all the beer and fill that pissing guy in the middle of town up wit beer as well. big grin cool

yerssot
You mean manneken Pis?
Do that! That wuold be fun

yerssot
Queeq is back, so let's say it again:

Holland is kicked out of the World Cup

queeq
Yes I know. I didn't actually see the match itself. And it didn't surprise me much, to be honest. I wonder if Holland would have qualified for the European Championships two years ago if they weren't hosting it.

So we're out, those guys can cool their arrogance a bit and learn how to score. Because that's always been our problem: we play great, we create excellents scoring opportunities but we don't score. But.... these guys score a lot when they play for their well paying foreign employers.... shucks!

I hope Belgium gets their nad has a great championship.

UK: my congrats on humiliating the Jerries. big grin

Ushgarak
Ta, queeq, anytime. Well, anytime in theory, anyway.

yerssot
rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing
but thanx for hoping our WC (if we get there) will be good

King Jedi
What world cup? Is their a World Cup happening? I don't know what you guys are talking about? smokin'

yerssot
You don't O BOY!
The World Cup is a place were only the best countries come togather and they all play some toe-wrestle.

King Jedi
I've erased the world cup from my brain.

yerssot
leaving nothing in it... evil face

finti
So if it it is a place where the best teams gather, why should Belgium be there then? laughing out loud

yerssot
We bribed them

King Jedi
Scotland are bidding for the 2008 Euro Championships(if the world still exists) so if we get it then we won't have to qualify. Hooray!! That's probably the only way we will get to a major championship anytime soon.

yerssot
Scotland isn't THAT bad
(smell the sarcasm)

queeq
Yeah Scotland!!! Ah, the drums, the painted faces, the kilts, the atmosphere.....

finti
yeah Belgium the eh... ummm ehh the languages big grin What a hell are the Belgiums known for besides beeing run over by the Germans twice with in 25 years. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
Errrmmm... for being a buffer zone between Holland and France?

Oh and chocolate. big grin

King Jedi
Tin-Tin! smokin'

queeq
Yes, that too. And that's about it. big grin

yerssot
Someone forgot the French Fries and the waffels.
(now let's not talk about the Brussel spruits)

finti
Do you mean a belgain invented the French Fries? Sounds like a real nationalist big grin Belgian fries nah it sucks

yerssot
We didn't invent it, btw, we also don't take credit for the spruits

queeq
They did not invent it, but honesty demands they make the best ones.

Dim
They make the best ones huh?..hmmm..I find that hard to believe.

yerssot
Thanx Queeq.
You don't believe me Dim???
Well come over to Leuven and I will give you some REAL fries. Than you'll know what making fries is all about

queeq
He's right Dimmy. And when you do go and eat some Belgium fries with yerssot, feel free to drop by in Holland. wink

Texas
I love Polish sausage(please dont perverse my statement) eek! wink big grin

finti
Take a fairy trip to Warzaw then. big grin

yerssot
What do you think we are Texas? little children??
no wait...
what do you think the others are Texas? little children??

Texas
Yes, your all little spoiled brats whose buns need punishing *now where did I put that whipping cane?* evil face smokin'

yerssot
yes daddy, let me help you http://www.contrabandent.com/pez1/otn/evil/fork_off.gif

finti
What is this a kindergarden uprising?

Texas
I dont think Finti ever graduated from kindergarden stick out tongue *goes off to polish cattle car horns* wink

finti
You are right from a certain point of view. I never attended kindergarden. smile

queeq
Time to close this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.