Crap Day of the Dead fell on a sunday !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Day of the Dead is a mexican holiday celebrated on November 2nd and we usually get that day off but this time it landed on a sunday, that sucked.

nazgulinthedark
we have all souls day on the second, that was on a sunday, but we usually don't get off for it

Fire
I know it is a holiday in every catholic country, dunno about anglican or other protestant countries tho

pablo007
Mexico isn't catholic, everyone can practice what they want. It's an old tradition that is celebrated intensely here, all kinds of activities take place.

BondJamesBond
It's a good excuse to go down to Tijuana wink

Fire
pablo if mexico ain't catholic than can you name me the national religion(s)

Fire
in any case than it is one of the few latin american countries which ain't

BondJamesBond
Oh here we go, got a Masters in Religion Fire??

Fire
Nah I don't, why would I

I just know a bit about the religion from which I used to be a part, and if I consult some books, articles and websites they still say that most of mexico is actualy roman catholic

FallingBlue
"most of" meaning you cant say teh whole country is catholic, i think thats what pablo is sayin

Fire
I never said the whole country

I said it is a catholic country and with figures between 90 and 80% of the population being catholic I think I can call it a catholic country

diegocala
I am with Fire on this one

Fire
woohoo big grin

diegocala
cheers mate!

Espantada20
Actually,in Mexico their are a lot of religions and some don't even have any thing to do with God and Jesus.It's like saying the majority of Americans in the United States are Christians.Mexico is just as diverse.There are Ctholics,Christians,Jews,etc,etc.And Dia de los Muertos is a Mexican holiday,celebrated on the 1st and 2nd of Nov.The first is the celebration of a child that's passed on the second is for adults.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.