KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Crap Day of the Dead fell on a sunday !

Crap Day of the Dead fell on a sunday !
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Crap Day of the Dead fell on a sunday !

Day of the Dead is a mexican holiday celebrated on November 2nd and we usually get that day off but this time it landed on a sunday, that sucked.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 10:55 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

we have all souls day on the second, that was on a sunday, but we usually don't get off for it

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 10:57 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Re: Crap Day of the Dead fell on a sunday !

quote:
Originally posted by pablo007
Day of the Dead is a mexican holiday celebrated on November 2nd and we usually get that day off but this time it landed on a sunday, that sucked.

I know it is a holiday in every catholic country, dunno about anglican or other protestant countries tho

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 10:58 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Mexico isn't catholic, everyone can practice what they want. It's an old tradition that is celebrated intensely here, all kinds of activities take place.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 10:59 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BondJamesBond
Scaramanga Thug

It's a good excuse to go down to Tijuana wink

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 11:00 PM
BondJamesBond is currently offline Click here to Send BondJamesBond a Private Message Find more posts by BondJamesBond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

pablo if mexico ain't catholic than can you name me the national religion(s)

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 11:00 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

in any case than it is one of the few latin american countries which ain't

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 11:01 PM
BondJamesBond
Scaramanga Thug

Oh here we go, got a Masters in Religion Fire??

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 11:01 PM
BondJamesBond is currently offline Click here to Send BondJamesBond a Private Message Find more posts by BondJamesBond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Nah I don't, why would I

I just know a bit about the religion from which I used to be a part, and if I consult some books, articles and websites they still say that most of mexico is actualy roman catholic

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 11:04 PM
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

"most of" meaning you cant say teh whole country is catholic, i think thats what pablo is sayin

God is only a false hope

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 12:49 AM
FallingBlue is currently offline Click here to Send FallingBlue a Private Message Find more posts by FallingBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I never said the whole country

I said it is a catholic country and with figures between 90 and 80% of the population being catholic I think I can call it a catholic country

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 12:56 AM
diegocala
Replicant

I am with Fire on this one

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 01:07 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

woohoo big grin

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 01:08 AM
diegocala
Replicant

cheers mate!

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 01:10 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Espantada20
Sexual Entity

Actually,in Mexico their are a lot of religions and some don't even have any thing to do with God and Jesus.It's like saying the majority of Americans in the United States are Christians.Mexico is just as diverse.There are Ctholics,Christians,Jews,etc,etc.And Dia de los Muertos is a Mexican holiday,celebrated on the 1st and 2nd of Nov.The first is the celebration of a child that's passed on the second is for adults.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2003 01:39 AM
Espantada20 is currently offline Click here to Send Espantada20 a Private Message Find more posts by Espantada20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote