The End

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nephalim27
Any theories as to what Eru imagined for the end? What about the gift/doom of men? And what of Morgoth? Pretty open topic, knock yourselves out.

BingaBonga
well, no one knows, you can only guess, tolkien is dead, and i know that his son is like doing some stuff with his dad's work, but i'm not for sure... i don't even know... i just wish that tolkien could have wrote more books... and won many many awards... because he deserves it.

Izz
That's a very interesting question... I never asked it myself, but I'm going to think about it now. Would make a very nice story no doubt. smile

BingaBonga
once again... i wish tolkien was still here.... sad

nazgulinthedark
hmmm, the ringwriths take over the world and kill all the hobbits! evil face

sauron
i thoutht that at the bitter end morgoth and sauron return for one last battle but are defeated,

Exa
I think I already posted my points in several other threads...
Morgoth comes back with the help of men, darkens the sky, kills the sun, sun's lover Fionwe gets angry and wants to kill Morgoth, well, blabla, Dagor Dagrath the Battle of Battles, and Fionwe realizes that the only way to kill Morgoth is to destroy the world well and that's what he does...
Hm the Elves die with the world cuz they're bound to it while men survive (nice quotes for that from the Lost Road A.O.W.) but nobody exactly knows what happens afterwards, it is said that Eru makes a new world but here's the point where fanfiction starts and u can never say exactly what's "right" and whats invented/interpretation up from here.

turin
well this is just how i imagine it and there is no where anything that supports it, but i picture that morgoths forces all return with him, all the balrogs, dragons, and countless orcs. once they start to swarm over the modern world, elves along with the fathers of men, the valar and mair come back to earth and the "straight road" to valinor is straight again. modern man will be trapped between them with many men jumping to either side. it all ends up coming down to one last confrontation with all that remain on either side and the battle is decided by the "gift of men" somehow, like a return of all the old hero's and such. who knows, thats just how i like to imagine it. i know there is some info on it out there though with someithing to do with some special weapon that the valar must wield. Exa knows about it and mentioned it in another thread though.

nephalim27
Where exactly does all this info come from? I'd love to read it...

It always seemed to me that the 3rd song (the song of men, made by Eru,) during the music of the Ainur, was made to contradict Morgoth's corruption of the song, and thus I thought men were supposed to be his doom...they weren't his doom, at least not yet, but they were certaintly Sauron's doom...

sauron
yeah exa, where is that from, sounds really cool

plz say its in unfinished tales, ive got that, not read it yet though as imon with simarillion

Exa

Exa
Sorry, I meant Lost Tales, not Unfinished Tales confused always mix them up

turin
ya celeg aithorn. theres refrences to the final battle all over, but theres nowhere i know of that is devoted to discussing it in detail.

nephalim27
What about the doom of men?

Exa
But is Celeg Aithorn mentioned anywhere else apart from the Lays of Beleriand?
I still dunno exactly what it actually is... the description sounds like a weapon but there are also other things who could "cleave the world"... battles etc

From the Lost Road AOW:

"And they knew that the fate of Men was not bounded by the round path of the world, nor destined for the straight path.
For the round is crooked and has no end but no escape; and the straight is true, but has an end within the world, and that is the fate of the Elves.
But the fate of Men, they said, is neither round nor ended, and is not within the world. And they remembered from whence the ruin came, and the cutting off of Men from their just portion of the straight path..."

shaber
Sauron will NEVER revive again. Morgoth might, but he was already severely weakened by the first age.

Exa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.