KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The End

The End
Started by: nephalim27

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nephalim27

The End

Any theories as to what Eru imagined for the end? What about the gift/doom of men? And what of Morgoth? Pretty open topic, knock yourselves out.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 06:36 AM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

well, no one knows, you can only guess, tolkien is dead, and i know that his son is like doing some stuff with his dad's work, but i'm not for sure... i don't even know... i just wish that tolkien could have wrote more books... and won many many awards... because he deserves it.

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 06:09 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

That's a very interesting question... I never asked it myself, but I'm going to think about it now. Would make a very nice story no doubt. smile

'But I say to you, king of the Numenoreans, not untill now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, then it is bitter to receive.'

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 06:20 PM
Izz is currently offline Click here to Send Izz a Private Message Find more posts by Izz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BingaBonga
**-Away-**

once again... i wish tolkien was still here.... sad

◦•~The KMC Sisterhood~•◦

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 06:29 PM
BingaBonga is currently offline Click here to Send BingaBonga a Private Message Find more posts by BingaBonga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

hmmm, the ringwriths take over the world and kill all the hobbits! evil face

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 07:20 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

i thoutht that at the bitter end morgoth and sauron return for one last battle but are defeated,

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 07:38 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

I think I already posted my points in several other threads...
Morgoth comes back with the help of men, darkens the sky, kills the sun, sun's lover Fionwe gets angry and wants to kill Morgoth, well, blabla, Dagor Dagrath the Battle of Battles, and Fionwe realizes that the only way to kill Morgoth is to destroy the world well and that's what he does...
Hm the Elves die with the world cuz they're bound to it while men survive (nice quotes for that from the Lost Road A.O.W.) but nobody exactly knows what happens afterwards, it is said that Eru makes a new world but here's the point where fanfiction starts and u can never say exactly what's "right" and whats invented/interpretation up from here.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 02:33 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well this is just how i imagine it and there is no where anything that supports it, but i picture that morgoths forces all return with him, all the balrogs, dragons, and countless orcs. once they start to swarm over the modern world, elves along with the fathers of men, the valar and mair come back to earth and the "straight road" to valinor is straight again. modern man will be trapped between them with many men jumping to either side. it all ends up coming down to one last confrontation with all that remain on either side and the battle is decided by the "gift of men" somehow, like a return of all the old hero's and such. who knows, thats just how i like to imagine it. i know there is some info on it out there though with someithing to do with some special weapon that the valar must wield. Exa knows about it and mentioned it in another thread though.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 07:38 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

quote:
Originally posted by Exa
I think I already posted my points in several other threads...
Morgoth comes back with the help of men, darkens the sky, kills the sun, sun's lover Fionwe gets angry and wants to kill Morgoth, well, blabla, Dagor Dagrath the Battle of Battles, and Fionwe realizes that the only way to kill Morgoth is to destroy the world well and that's what he does...
Hm the Elves die with the world cuz they're bound to it while men survive (nice quotes for that from the Lost Road A.O.W.) but nobody exactly knows what happens afterwards, it is said that Eru makes a new world but here's the point where fanfiction starts and u can never say exactly what's "right" and whats invented/interpretation up from here.

Where exactly does all this info come from? I'd love to read it...

It always seemed to me that the 3rd song (the song of men, made by Eru,) during the music of the Ainur, was made to contradict Morgoth's corruption of the song, and thus I thought men were supposed to be his doom...they weren't his doom, at least not yet, but they were certaintly Sauron's doom...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 07:57 PM
nephalim27 is currently offline Click here to Send nephalim27 a Private Message Find more posts by nephalim27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yeah exa, where is that from, sounds really cool

plz say its in unfinished tales, ive got that, not read it yet though as imon with simarillion

Im Back happy

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 08:19 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by turin
i know there is some info on it out there though with someithing to do with some special weapon that the valar must wield.

Where?
You mean Celeg Aithorn that shall cleave the world?

Hm, a bit of it (the parts with Túrin standing beside Fionwe in the Final Battle and the servants of Morgoth cursing his sword) is from the unfinished tales... I dun remember exactly where everything comes from, but I couldnt find a complete story about it, only "bits and pieces" of information

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 11:17 AM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Sorry, I meant Lost Tales, not Unfinished Tales confused always mix them up

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 12:37 PM
turin

ya celeg aithorn. theres refrences to the final battle all over, but theres nowhere i know of that is devoted to discussing it in detail.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 05:04 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nephalim27

What about the doom of men?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 07:01 PM
Exabyte

But is Celeg Aithorn mentioned anywhere else apart from the Lays of Beleriand?
I still dunno exactly what it actually is... the description sounds like a weapon but there are also other things who could "cleave the world"... battles etc

quote:
Originally posted by nephalim27
What about the doom of men?

From the Lost Road AOW:

"And they knew that the fate of Men was not bounded by the round path of the world, nor destined for the straight path.
For the round is crooked and has no end but no escape; and the straight is true, but has an end within the world, and that is the fate of the Elves.
But the fate of Men, they said, is neither round nor ended, and is not within the world. And they remembered from whence the ruin came, and the cutting off of Men from their just portion of the straight path..."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 12:32 PM
shaber
schizoid

Sauron will NEVER revive again. Morgoth might, but he was already severely weakened by the first age.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2003 07:28 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Yes, but in contrary to the other Valar, Morgoth really cares about Men in Middle-earth, and he tries to understand them. For evil purpose, of course, but he does try - that already worked before with other people, just think of Sauron in Númenóre and Eregion or Morgoth imprisoned in Valinor.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 11:09 AM