traitor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dark lord
i dont think there is a traitor on the jc but there is defenetly a traitor who is something to do with padme, how else did the sith find them on tatooine someone replied to holo transmission from sio bibble

sand person no. 10
its mace, got to be, the "choices" film confirmed it for me. no one else just mace.

Ushgarak
There is no given explanation as to how Maul found the ship; it is an anomaly in TPM. But if there was a traitor on board the Trade Fedartion would have found them; Sidious would not have had to intervene.

That line in 'Choices' is certainly interesting... but I am hesitant to say anything definitive yet.

sand person no. 10
i'm still convinced maul "found" them by sensing padme/jedi.

however mace i think tries to side with dooku or palpatine too beat them and then betrays the jedi because of palpatine's mind games.

sand person no. 10
he appears arrogant in the trailer. sure sign of a traitor.

Ushgarak
Sorry, SP, but it's still not credible that Maul can simply sense anyone he wants from any distance, anywhere in the galaxy. Nor would they have referred to this as a 'trace'.

And if Mace IS the traitor, he's acting weirdly in AOTC, because he appears to be fighting for the Jedi cause very hard; causing the bad guys no end of problems. I'd have thought if he was even thinking about jumping ship, he would be more cautious.

sand person no. 10
how's mace fighting for the jedi (have you seen the film????). what poblems does mace cause for the bad guy's (including any scriptment details.)?

vader sensed rebels/luke on hoth, maul sensed the jedi on tatooine. easy!!!

Ushgarak
We;ve already been through this. Vader did NOT sense Luke from that distance, If he could have done, he wouln;t have needed the bloody probes, would he? He just knew that was what they were looking for in the same way Needa did.

Sorry, SP, but virtually no-one credibly believes such ridiculous over-powered abilities from these people.

Mace is the leader of the Jedi task force sent to the final battle in AOTC, according to the scriptment, which is ghetting harder and harder to contradict. To look at his actions in that makes it VERY hard for him to be a credible traitor. As far as we know.

Texas
I think Padme is the traitor!

I have no idea why, it just seems scandalous!!!!big grin

sand person no. 10
if mace is leader of the jedi task force, then he would be in a perfect position to eventually betray the jedi. would he not?

if it's not mace then who. i've heard yoda but i find that hard to believe.

was not vader hard to believe as the good guy of sw's, but he is.

Texas
The most shocking thing that could ever happen in AOTC that would mirror the shock of the I am your father bit in ESB, is if Yoda is infact the traitor. That would be so kewl!

Ushgarak
Mace leading the task force would NOT put him in an ideal position to betray anyone because the situation is all over by the end of the film. Thre fact is he leads a mission to try and wipe out the bad guys you suspect he will betray himself to makes the whole thing look rather unliekly. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Texas
Yup, that's why it's Yoda. We assume that Yoda is good beacuse he is so in Ep's 4,5,6 but how do we know that he wasn't a bad guy in 1,2 and then has a change of heart in Ep 3? I think it would make sense. No one would ever suspect Yoda.

Ushgarak
Unfortunately, that would break the flow of the narrative too much, there would not apear to be anything in it for him, and Yoda is held up as a paragon of wisdom and virtue; GL is even known as 'Yoda' on the claipper boards during filming. I very much doubt GL would make Yoda the traitor, if any.

Yoda also, according to the scriptment, spends far too much time opposing the bad guys in II to be a potential traitor.

peluffo
AFAIK there is no traitor, just ONE of the JC who knows something about the Sith (and who speaks about "the mistery of the Sith" is Mace Window (Gates related smokin' )

Shmi a Sith?????? Yeah, right!!!!!!!
I always had doubts about a WOMAN who can deliver a Cool guy such as Vader!!!!!!

Maybe Yoda is not detected as a Light source during the OT because he is very near (and maybe hidden by it) the Dark Caveconfused confused

peluffo
AFAIK there is no traitor, just ONE of the JC who knows something about the Sith (and who speaks about "the mistery of the Sith" is Mace Window (Gates related smokin' )

Shmi a Sith?????? Yeah, right!!!!!!!
I always had doubts about a WOMAN who can deliver a Cool guy such as Vader!!!!!!

Maybe Yoda is not detected as a Light source during the OT because he is very near (and maybe hidden by it) the Dark Caveconfused confused

King Jedi
It's Mace!!! That's if there is a traitor.

yerssot
Heck, doesn't ANYONE listen to me? (don't answer that!)
THERE IS NO TRAITOR!
There is one that KNOWS that the Sith are returning, it's not that he walks to Palpatine and says:
"Well, Darthie, we are going to Tatooine now, be sure to send someone!"

dark lord
the jedi who knows that the sith are about to rise up is yoda he is the only one on the jc who objected to anikain being trainend he is the only one who sees the truth about him, i still cant see a jedi being the traitor as no else than the people on padmes ship ni ep1 knew they they were on the planet, there is no way that the sith could sense them at that distance, if they could then how come the jedi can't sense the sith and for gods sake there on the same planet, the traitor is one of padme handmaidens no jedi would betry the order,

yerssot
well, yoda has the highest MC count (not counting anakin now) so he is very good with the force, so that was normal for him to know that, just sense fear...

all those things about padmes ship again... nobody knows about that, but Maul said: if the TRACE was correct...

and mind you that the both sides on Coruscant are very good at the Force so they could hide easily I guess.

Join the club big grin

dark lord
i just don't belive that there is traitor on the jc, yoda is defenatly the jedi who knows whats coming you don't think obi wans smart enough to plan there escape and to place the twins in hideing

ToMacco
Obi-wan didn't know there were twins. Yoda told him in ESB "There is another"

And Mace couldn't be a traitor. Yoda would see that, for sure.

dark lord
thats what i mean at this time yoda is the most powerful force user in the glaxley so i'm he would be a ble 2 spot a traitor on the jc a mile away

bigsef2
as implossible as it sounds, i think those that say yoda might be a traitor may have a falid point. the scriptment mentions how to see the future, a jedi must use the dark side of the force, and yoda spends several days probing the dark side to try to see what will happen with the war. and remember how yoda tells luke in ESB, that "once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." i honestly doubt yoda will openly betray the jedi, but it could be one of those situations where you have to loose to win. the jedi must die so that one day peace can be restored to the galaxy, through luke. yoda could forsee that.

ToMacco
*ToMacco smacks bigsef2 for doubting Yoda*

dark lord
big self u should go and sit in corner and think about what you have just said, no jedi can see what will defenatly happen in the future yoda couldn't see waht was going to happen to han and leaia in ESP and u can bet that the emperor didnt see that vader would throw him down a shaft on the death star he thought that luke would join just as his father had

Texas
*Texas smacks ToMacco with Yoda doll*

bigsef2
dark lord, you should sit in a corner and read the scriptment. sure, its not set in stone, but it says yoda probes the dark side to see what will happen in the future. what would be the purpose of seeing the future, and risking falling to the dark side, if not to figure out a way to change it. yoda is a very wise jedi, and very very old. the old republic was falling apart. he could see it happening. destroying it and allowing the empire to exist for a short time, so that a newer, more just goverment would emerge could easily be considered a necessary evil.

jedi212guy
I can't believe some are dooubting Yoda. YODA??!!??? Good lord, Yoda is the only purely good character in the whole films. Now when Yoda starts using force-lightning on somebody, THEN I'll have my doubts about him.big grin

peluffo
Yeah! YODA is the Rebel Scum who fights against the New Order of the good guy of the OT and PT: Palpatine, the palladin of Justice!!!
Jedis? arrogants with Lightsabers and tricky mind powers
Aliens? Slaves for the rich and Powerfull
The Old Republic was a Chaos until Palpy gets the controls!!! Never Forget it, guys!!!!!!

Gosh, if my party of RPG discovers that, they will recognize my Iron Fist on that line of thougths
smokin'

King Jedi
Traitor doesn't have to mean that he is Evil. He just makes a bad choice and turns his back on the Jedi. That's if there IS a traitor.

dark lord
go back and watch ep1 r there any other jedi on padmes ship,NO, what does darth maul say 'if the TRACE was correct' its not someone on the jedi council but someone who was on the SHIP,who can any one doubt the master, i cant see yoda making a lack judgement after all we are not talking about some wet behind the ears jedi padawan we are talking about someone who has 'trained jedi for over 500 years'

yerssot
almost 800 years...

and trace could also mean that someone DID replied to the message of Sio Bibble.
Like a handmaiden that wanted to know if her mother was still alive...

dark lord
i knew it he was older, if it was a hand madien did make contact why wasn't it mentiend in the novel or movie

yerssot
I know! It's an error that will not be solved; but you can be certain that the jedis didn't do a thing wrong...

dark lord
at last some one who is talking sense the jedis are the protectors of peace and justice

yerssot
but you can fall out of the order...

queeq
That's what Dooku and his buddies did. And what Anakin will do. What's your point?

yerssot
that they are not all peace and justice...

and Dooku is still a guess!

dark lord
i know that but can u honestly see yoda or any one on the jc turning

queeq
Not really. Well, maybe Mace...

Dooku is pretty much confirmed, yerss.

yerssot
no, that's the surprise..

queeq
No, it isn't.

yerssot
*gets axe*
yes it is!

dark lord
the suprise is who is anakins father or what happend to anakins father

jedi212guy
For the last time, this isn't about Anakin's bloddy father. AOTC and Episode III are about Anakin's fall and how Palpatine becomes Emperor. If you try to have too many things going on in one story, then nothing is given proper screen time, like in Episode I. There are so many blasted characters that it's hard to get to know any of them.

bigsef2
i agree wholeheartedly. lucas only has 4 hours to show (1)palpatines rise to power, (2)anakin and padme falling in love, (3)anakins fall to the dark side, (4)the elimination of the jedi, (5)the birth of luke and leah and how the end up where the do in episode iv. not to mention a little thing called the (6)clone wars. my guess is lucas doesnt really show us anakin murdering the jedi or much of the clone wars. id further speculate that anakin doesnt kill any jedi, except maybe mace and ki-adi. from the sounds of the scpriptment, they all get killed by droids. so much for what ben told luke in ANH

darthyogi
Could someone please tell where I can get a read of the scriptment?

yerssot
You can't get it, it's closed; but as you know there are always ways... and besides it's not updated anymore...

darthyogi
Watto guessed that QGJ was a jedi. Maybe in EpII we'll find out that Watto reported the pressence of jedi on Tatooine to the Hutts and Jabba put the feelers out through his network of thugs and bounty hunters to try and find out what was going on and Maul found out that way? Just a theory, but I think we probably will find out in EpII...

Ps - re: scriptment, that's a shame but cheers anyway yerrsot. wink

yerssot
god! I need to watch SW more often!
When did he said that? I can only remember Anakin knowing it...

King Jedi
Anakin has no father!!!

bigsef2
yes he does. we just dont know who yet. anakin was NOT conceived by the force. thats just a little too far out there. the identity of his father will probably be revealed in some later episode

King Jedi
Why after all this time do people still not get this? He WAS conceived by the force. To bring balance.roll eyes (sarcastic)
HE HAS NO FATHER!!

yerssot
well, being conceived by the midi-chlorians and therefor having no father =being special is the way the profacy goes... and Anakin is the Chosen One...

King Jedi
Yeeeeeesssssss!!!!big grin

yerssot
I only got it from Ush...

King Jedi
Got what?

yerssot
the thing I said two posts ago...

King Jedi
But that was in the film.

peluffo
I got it, I got it!!!!!!!

The traitor is Anakin!!!!!!!
Well, actually, he IS (for a few hours) PHISICALLY in the JC in TPM
And he will be one of most prepared on sith stuff in the whole saga!!!!!

Why I can't get my fingers quiet???? they get the control of my keyboard and do stupid things!

yerssot
yeah I know; just got that...

and may I say again that GL said that there was SOMEONE that knew that the Sith were rising? He didn't say:
Watch TPM again, there is a traitor in it.

dark lord
in the tpm every one on the jc dissagree with gui gon when he says the sith have returned apart from 1 little green guy who says'hard to see the dark side is' its yoda who knows that there back

yerssot
perhaps, but the one that knows it, could lie because perhaps he knows Sidious?

Ushgarak
Where the heck did this idea come from that you need the Dark Side to see the future? Heck, ALL Jedi have a limited sense of the future! This is a nonsense idea.

The closest I have heard to it is that Dooku had a particular talent for future sense, and of course Dooku is a bad guy. But there is no DIRECT link between the two.

Meanwhile, a true traitor in the JC is unlikely, Windu's line in 'Choices' still confuses me, and you can make up any reason at all (within reason...) as to how the ship in TPM was traced but the fact is the film SHOULD have told us.

bigsef2
TPM DID tell us who sent the message. when obiwan tells them to send to message, the camera focuses on a member of amidala's group, i dont know the characters name. that was lucas's way of telling us

yerssot
the fake queen and amidala? hard to belief!

Ushgarak
That's not really telling us who did it in the traditional 'telling us who did it' sense of the word.

It was abundantly UNCLEAR how the trace was made.

bigsef2
i dont think anyone BETRAYED them to the sith. the fake queen simply wanted to know the status of her people, and thought ben was overreacting about a trace. that was my view of things, anyway

Ushgarak
It is certainly possible. But it still should have been made clear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.