Why weren't the Sentinels in X2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Come on! I mean the movie was about how the HUMANS were possibly even a bigger threat than the Brotherhood of Mutants (Magneto's Team). In the comics the humans made the dreaded robot Sentinels. The Sentinels' sole purpose was to rid the world of mutants. The Sentinels would have been great in the movie so why weren't they in it? It seemed like the perfect move to put the Sentinels in X2.

metalruskie07
Singer wanted them badly that and Angel but couldn't fit them into the budget.
Lets face it they need their own plot, not some second run sub-plot-Matt

Jade_Eyes
Its better that they did not yet. There has not been anough development of the stories.

They will wotk there way into inot it it will be better. They have already rushed a few too many things for the sake of commercializing the film franchise.

Angel would have been cool though. But But to make it really cool they would have to go the Apokalips/Mr.Sinister route and that is lengthy and complicated.

Headbuster101
Bryan was saving them for X-Men 3 if you would have went to the X-Men 2 first web site you would have known and angel will be in X-Men 3 evil face

BarmyBrummie
There are some sentinal designs on the x2 dvd disc so they will eventually make an appearance. There was supposed to be one in x2 in the mansion attack when stryker went to get cerebro but singer couldn't see why a giant sentinal would attack if he already had an army and he was only getting a small machine like cerebro.

verauko
for me X2 was great, in every inch! big grin

SK88728
i just wanna see some sentenal and danger room action in the next one!

Jason Horan
yes I agree

LipiDSama
just remember one thing, the movie line and comic line, even the cartoon line, they are all the same universe but a differnt story lines. In X3 I heard they are gonna show the start of the sentenal project, by those ex-Shield op guys. Im up to seeing mass sentenals walking thru New York City..that would make my day. I hope they dont jump into Pheonix.. I would like to watch it, buts it to early for it. And if they cant fit angel into the budget...try doing a space scene with the shi'ar and the star jammers lol with the em-cron crystal ... =\

Kes
Angel wasnt in X2 cos it didnt fit the story. sad
As for the sentinels I think it would look to fake, giant robots crossing the city. I mean ppl wouldnt like to see giant robots destroying their town messed A little bigger then humans but not much.

LipiDSama> They wont go into the alien thing. At least I dont think so, Singer intends to keep it as real as possible.

Jason Horan
How I see it is in X3 the Sentinels will be the main focus and the Pheonix will be a progressive thing...maybe, they'll need to call on the power of the Pheonix to destroy the sentinels, and then the Dark Pheonix could be the final battle or maybe it'll spill over into an X4...who knows wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.