KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Why weren't the Sentinels in X2?

Why weren't the Sentinels in X2?
Started by: HockeyFace

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HockeyFace

Question Why weren't the Sentinels in X2?

Come on! I mean the movie was about how the HUMANS were possibly even a bigger threat than the Brotherhood of Mutants (Magneto's Team). In the comics the humans made the dreaded robot Sentinels. The Sentinels' sole purpose was to rid the world of mutants. The Sentinels would have been great in the movie so why weren't they in it? It seemed like the perfect move to put the Sentinels in X2.

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Dec 25th, 2003 01:32 AM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Farley07

Singer wanted them badly that and Angel but couldn't fit them into the budget.
Lets face it they need their own plot, not some second run sub-plot-Matt

Last edited by Farley07 on Dec 26th, 2003 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 03:36 AM
Farley07 is currently offline Click here to Send Farley07 a Private Message Find more posts by Farley07 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade_Eyes
High Hard one

Its better that they did not yet. There has not been anough development of the stories.

They will wotk there way into inot it it will be better. They have already rushed a few too many things for the sake of commercializing the film franchise.

Angel would have been cool though. But But to make it really cool they would have to go the Apokalips/Mr.Sinister route and that is lengthy and complicated.

...- . .-. -.-- / --. --- --- -.. / -.-- --- ..- -. --. / --- -. . .-.-.- / - --- / .-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. . / .- -... --- ..- - / -- . / --. --- - --- / .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- .-- .... .. - . -.. .-. .- --. --- -. ..-. .. ... - .- .-. - ... .-.-.- -.-. --- --

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 03:40 PM
Jade_Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Jade_Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Jade_Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Headbuster101

Tongue The sentinels

Bryan was saving them for X-Men 3 if you would have went to the X-Men 2 first web site you would have known and angel will be in X-Men 3 evil face

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 05:22 PM
Headbuster101 is currently offline Click here to Send Headbuster101 a Private Message Find more posts by Headbuster101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

There are some sentinal designs on the x2 dvd disc so they will eventually make an appearance. There was supposed to be one in x2 in the mansion attack when stryker went to get cerebro but singer couldn't see why a giant sentinal would attack if he already had an army and he was only getting a small machine like cerebro.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 05:33 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
verauko
Dreamer of the Month

for me X2 was great, in every inch! big grin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2003 05:28 PM
verauko is currently offline Click here to Send verauko a Private Message Find more posts by verauko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§H@Ñ€
???

i just wanna see some sentenal and danger room action in the next one!

Click my sig to go to my gallery!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2003 10:41 PM
§H@Ñ€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ñ€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ñ€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason Horan
Defender of the Innocent

quote:
Originally posted by verauko
for me X2 was great, in every inch! big grin

yes I agree

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 05:39 AM
Jason Horan is currently offline Click here to Send Jason Horan a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Horan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LipiDSama

just remember one thing, the movie line and comic line, even the cartoon line, they are all the same universe but a differnt story lines. In X3 I heard they are gonna show the start of the sentenal project, by those ex-Shield op guys. Im up to seeing mass sentenals walking thru New York City..that would make my day. I hope they dont jump into Pheonix.. I would like to watch it, buts it to early for it. And if they cant fit angel into the budget...try doing a space scene with the shi'ar and the star jammers lol with the em-cron crystal ... =\

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 06:01 AM
LipiDSama is currently offline Click here to Send LipiDSama a Private Message Find more posts by LipiDSama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Angel wasnt in X2 cos it didnt fit the story. sad
As for the sentinels I think it would look to fake, giant robots crossing the city. I mean ppl wouldnt like to see giant robots destroying their town messed A little bigger then humans but not much.

LipiDSama> They wont go into the alien thing. At least I dont think so, Singer intends to keep it as real as possible.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 04:14 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason Horan
Defender of the Innocent

How I see it is in X3 the Sentinels will be the main focus and the Pheonix will be a progressive thing...maybe, they'll need to call on the power of the Pheonix to destroy the sentinels, and then the Dark Pheonix could be the final battle or maybe it'll spill over into an X4...who knows wink

"The strength of Love is governed by the two that hold it"

Old Post Dec 30th, 2003 12:15 AM
Jason Horan is currently offline Click here to Send Jason Horan a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Horan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote