What openning sequence for X3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lau_timmy
I would definetly either choose the danger room, phoenix rising, gambit, or the introduction of the sentinel for the opening sequence for x3.

Nightcrawler attack in the white house was the best openning for X2.

What opennig would you prefer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professor X: Mutation. It is the key to our evolution. It has enabled us to evolve from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow and normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward.

SK88728
i'm not 100% complete on it, but i should be a big part of it. big grin

xboy
phoenix rising

SK88728
no that should happen twords the end, more suprise to the 'x-men stupid' ppl, and then they will be like, "jean died thought!" Trust me.

VallejoKid707
They should have Jean raising from the water with her hands up likes a cross and she should have a new uniform and have a firey Phoenix bird behind her cawing. That would be cool.

Vampiree
i know one thing: no more prof's speeches -.-; can be the phoenix rising

metalruskie07
I think maybe having the sentinels tested out somewhere over sees and gambit is maybe fighting it or running or something. I think it would be pretty cool if they are going in that direction

BarmyBrummie
The x men fighting the sentinals. They are losing then out of no where phoenix comes and saves them. Something like that anyway. Oh and i agree with vampy- NO MORE SPEECHES!!! More of the cool graphic openings though, they are wicked

Kes
The speechs explain the story to the non-fans.

BarmyBrummie
Yeah i know but by time x3 comes out people are going to know the story because there have already been two movies. Most people have seen one of them so they will understand it.

Maelstrom
Nothing can stop a Juggenaut. An all out b-line by Juggernaut.
A plasma cannon can momntairly stop him, but then he only resumes his attack. They need to show the powers with colored energy, the t.k. and telepathy.
Also i'd like to see the X-men knock of Cain's helmet and proffeser X mind blast him, like he used to do in the original x-men

buffymitch
I think it would be cool if they show gambit in the opening sccene. i think it will rock. that why i like metal rusky's idea but i don't like the sentinel too much especially if they are as big in th e comics.

I like professor X's his voice in the beginning in the movies. it give the feeling it is really happening somewhere.

The danger room sounds cool two. But who should be practising. I think Logan and Colossus.

SK88728
no, logan was in the 1st movies earily earily starts, and he was in the second ones, maybe cyke or JUBILEE!!! and they can be with Colussos. yeah, thats should be good, and wait, i could be in there to!!!! yay!!!

juggernaut26
i think that they should have gambit breaking into some high security place like the mansion and that's where the xmen meet him for the start.

SlayerChick1188
That is ALWAYS how they should meet Gambit big grin Letting him use his theiving skills love

juggernaut26
yea perfect that's how it should start

lau_timmy
We first have Pro X voice in the beginning as in the other two movies.

We see gambit being chase in the middle of the night and comes to an alley. In the dark we see 2 glowing red eyes and we get to see the sentinel.

We then cut to the dangerr room and to show that we don't know it is the danger room we see the x-men fighting magneto and his brotherhood of mutants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nightcrawler: My name is Kurt Wagner. But in the Munich circus, I...
Wolverine: Ah, save it.

juggernaut26
well at the beggining during the credits we need the prof but then we need gambit just breaking in somewhere and then like wolverine smells him or somthin.

darkphoenix
I think the best opening sequence would be like the X-men fighting the Sentinels, X-men are loosing then the prof. stop the simulation and tell them that if they cant beat the danger room, they dont stand a chance when the sentinels come for real

(see, good opening sequence: no speech, the sentinels AND the danger room)

Sk: Lol i totally see you as the opening sequence of X3! lol

who got nice opening sequence ideas? i do!

SK88728
(me) http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/pray.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/in_love.gif (darkphoenix)

lau_timmy
X3 should open in the same way that Lord of the Ring: The Two Towers opens. We see how Jean has died from X2 and then show her turn into Pheonix so we see what wasn't shown from the last movie.

William Stryker: "The tricky thing about adamantium is, that if you ever manage to process its raw, liquid form, you got to keep it that way, keep it hot. Because once the metal cools, it's indestructible. But you already know that. I used to think you were one of a kind Wolverine... I was wrong."

Be@st
I say phoenix rising. Like in one scene we can see chaos like people figting; storms raging and things like that and suddenly phoenix rises from the flame with a big noise and alot's of fire around her.

lau_timmy
If it was the danger room, they should have the x-men fighting the sentinel in the street. They could have wolverine and cyclops scoring how many sentinel they have killed to make it look funny like in The Two Towers when Gimli and Legolas were scoring. People won't know its the danger room till the end of the scene.

Wolverine: What's a Magneto?
Prof. Charles Francis Xavier: A very powerful mutant. He believes that a war is brewing between mutants and the rest of humanity. I've been following his activities for some time. The man who attacked you is an associate of his called Sabertooth.
Wolverine: Sabertooth?

Wolverine: Storm.

Wolverine: What do they call you? "Wheels"? This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

BarmyBrummie
That one sounds real good lau timmy. It's a good way of introducing the sentinals and the danger room both at the same time.

funygirl38
*Stands up from her comfy chair and gently pushes Kurt forward* Well what about including my buddy in the mix? *smiles sweetly and flutters her long lashes* love

lau_timmy
Another part of the danger room they could have are the x-men including cyclops and wolverine fighting the Brotherhood of Mutants with maybe magneto, pyro or avalanche. The fight is going fast and hard. Cyclops is about to use his optic blast at magneto, but then wolverine finishs him off. Finally, thier most villianous enemy is finally dead. It is revealed that the entire sequence was a training exercise.

Prof X: Mutants. Since the discovery of their existence, they have been regarded with fear, suspicion, and often hatred. Across the planet, the debate rages: Are mutants the next link in the evolutionary chain or simply a new species of humanity, fighting for their share of the world?
Either way it is an historical fact, sharing has never been humanity's defining attribute.
rock rock

BarmyBrummie
I agree with the whole danger room idea.It should definately be the intro. They can be fighting the sentinals like i said before but after reading a few posts i realised. The danger room is not only a perfect way to introduce the sentinals but other characters too. Now that wolverine is part of the X men it could be him leading the X kids into battle against the danger room. It would show that Logan has really become a part of the school and is training them like he does in the comics, the perfect intro for the danger room and the sentinals and a great excuse for us to see loads of the x kids in action like Colossus, jubilee, shadowcat, rogue, iceman and if they are there- Magma, sunspot, wolfsbane, syrin, cannonball, bezerker and multiple. Cool or what?

Hypester
I like the danger room thingy... Logan, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat and Colossus would be good, maybe even a bit of Nightcrawler... they could be fighting Sentinels, which are later revealed as the products of diagnostics Xavier has gotten his hands on...

If you really want to make things rough, when the X-Men find out this Gambit character has been stealing anti-mutant intelligence for Xavier they begin to doubt his motives... this is all while Phoenix is getting down...

lau_timmy
They can have like a new mutant in every openning sequence.
Since they have nightcrawler in the beginning, let's bring on gambit.

Logan: Got any beer?
Bobby: This is a school.
Logan: So that's a no?
Bobby: Yeah, that's a no.
Logan: Well do you have anything other than chocolate milk?

Wolfie
I would prefer a Gambit action opening.

X-Menfan2003
I think it should start with a Professor X voiceover as usural. It should then switch to a birdeye view of New York, then a shot of a squard of Sentinals flying down towards the heart of the city. It should then cut to Gambit, who is about to be beaten up by a gang. The Sentinals show up, and Gambit is forced to use his mutant powers to escape.

remy_zero
I like the idea of Logan in the danger room, training the X kids... heck, I love it. And to make it more intense, cutting to a scene with Gambit would be great. But I think they should hold off on the sentinels part... maybe have rumors of mutants mysteriously disappearing, but you don't really see why until halfway through.

Gambit Lebeau
they should have scott fighting in the danger room where he goes berserk. or its starts from the place where jean dies. with the phoeinx outline and then the phoeinx rises

flavinho
i think that's a great idea, sentinels should only appear in the middle of the film, so that everyone would be eek!

Old Schooler
I think it would be kind of cool to start the movie off like this:
In the heart of New York city a seemingly unstoppable mutant surropunded by flames floats above the landscape. This fiery being begins to wreak an untold amount of wavok on the surrounding city and human population.
---The mutant is (obviously) the Phoenix; however, Jean's identity is masked by the blazing hellfire that rages around her body. By doing this those who are unfamiliar with the comic's stroyline would be in for a surprise when it was revealed that the attacker was none other than Jean herself.---
Following the attack, the general human population demands the immediate passing of the Mutant Registration Act. With little opposition the act is made federal law and the Sentinels are created as a means to capture and catalog all mutant kind.

flavinho
But even non fans noticed the flames around her and her red eyes at the end when she lifts the jet . Everyone would know she was the "mutant who attacks the city" if they saw the flames...but this is just my opinion.

Old Schooler
When I talked about the upcoming X3 movie with my friend (he liked X2, but had only seen it once and knew little or no of the comic story line - just like the average movie goer) he thought Jean had died at the end of X2, or that she was damaged or paralyzed beyond repair. He had no idea that the "redness" around her eyes represented fire - he just thought that the color change was part of her power (because so many other mutants had color changing eyes, like Mystique, and Nightcrawler's eyes were yellow so I suppose red wouldn't be unreasonable). He didn't even pick up on the Phoenix force flying across the Ocean at the end, he just thought the camera was scanning across the water, as many other people did. So, I'm not sure if they would make the connection between someone engulfed in fire and a little color change around the eyes. It's just seems like common sense to fans though.

flavinho
ok, your right, i just thought they would note, but if you have an example, well, the idea may work then...

remy_zero
How about it starts with a buch of the X kids (Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat, Colossus, and maybe a couple new ones) fighting against Wolverine and Cyclops... and then just before the X-men are about to be beat by their own students, the program is shut down and we see that it was all in the Danger Room. Then Xavier rolls in and says he shut it down, because he felt some sort of strange psychic energy... then it cuts to a phoenix rising scene

eristole
i dont like to much the idea of it starting with a danger room sequence.
It would get real hairy to fast. I mean it would start the movie off with a
pace it could never keep up to. The starting of a movie should usually
make a set pace for the rest of the movie. Instead of a crazy insane
super FX action sequence. It should start with something silent yet very
deadly/basis for the whole movie.

introducing a character is almost the perfect time for this. i really like
the idea of gambit sneaking into the mansion to kill xavier. this would
put a PERFECT "shady" aura about gambit from the beginning. It would
setup the whole bishop time travel setup for a later on movie. Also it
would stop the x-men from trusting him completely. I'm just a little
short on idea's of why gambit would attack xavier. Maybe he would like,
sneak in, and stalk around the house, finding xavier's room then you just
see like a king of spades start to glow in the dark. Wolverine light's a
cigar in the corner of the room and says something along the lines of
"Hey bub, i wouldnt do that if i were you". then gambit tosses the card
at wolverine. Next it fades outside the mansion and you see this guy in
a trenchcoat explode through the window in his patented little legs
tucked in arms out in the superman pose trenchcoat flailing behind him
as he falls and dissappears into the night.

See that would setup alot of the movie. It would also raise concerns
about the alliances of certain characters. While not setting a huge
amazingly hard pace to keep up with the entire movie. you'll still awe an
amazing amount of people and from what i think, Make a general
majority of the x-men fan base really happy.

/shrug

Old Schooler
Now that I think about it, that last idea is great.

I like the whole dynamic of Gambit being shady throughout the movie, and the X-Men not being able to trust him completely (just like in the comics when they thought he was the mutant who would betray them in the future and turn it into the future that bishop existed in - although it ended up to be Xavier himself in the form of Onslaught.)

Maybe they can explain him trying to assassinate Xavier with that mind control serum, the same stuff they used on Nightcrawler to get him to try to take out the president.

Kes
Not bad but...why would he do that? Try to kill Xavier?
And set up the time travel thing?! Time travel is a very tricky subject...plus it would ruin the kind of reality base the movies have.

eristole
yeah, i'm just saying. So far there have been no x-men with really "shady"
past's. gambit if anyone is someone with that. if and when they put him
in. he needs some thing to make fans and non fans believe it. It's what
gives him that, special something extra. i mean he started out working
for sinister so maybe that will be the reason. Gambit had been in
"Cahoots" with essex since he was a kid. They met because gambit
couldnt control his kinetic energy transfer, and would basically just
randomly explode when his power was charged. essex(sinister) helped
him control this, which put him in his debt starting the whole thing.

as for the time travel, i'm just setting up a possible scenario where
they can bring another x-man into the group(a good and always cool)
something believable would be to show bishop talking to xavier about
the "future" and never knowing quite how real he is. I mean in the
comics you get to see everything that happens(ie. bishop in the future
and how he got back) in the movies. It would look like some insane
crazy guy who shows up and claims to know what the future is... see
how that just opens doors for something really "movie worthwhile"

Kes
I agree that Gambit should be a shady character (thou if he is in the movie,he will most likely be a cameo) they could make him a member of the brotherhood.Or make the x-men believe he is a member of the brotherhood.

Has for the insane guy that claims he is from the future messed Too done.
They dont need to complicate things. Remember this movie is for non-fans too.

turtlegirlpower
I think the opening of X3 should flip back and forth between a very skillful break in by Gambit and a very intense Danger Room session with the junior X-men. Gambit should start out as a "bad guy", having him work for Magneto (or Sinister) to steal files dealing with anti-mutant sentiments or something like that. After an hour into the movie he should save Storm which would gain her trust first since in the comics he was her best friend.

n3zZ
i dunno if people read ultimate x-men but they should do that story with gambit. cuz he saves this little girl and then prof X gives him the x-men card. And then Gambit will join smile. But that would be a great start with gambit saving this little girl etc. i dunno if thats to long for gambits part?smile would be cool u know :P

eristole
hmm, It would be cool to see gambit save someone. But that's all to
"nice" of a story line for the big gumbo's appearance in the movie i think.

There is really one problem i see with the danger room thing. If your
thinking of a really cool danger room fight. with all the bells and whistles
i think your going to be pretty dissappointed. At this point, they dont
have alot of foe's. Or even alot of data on enemies at the moment.
It would look something like the old school danger room sequences i
think.. with just like, jumps, and hoop's maybe closing walls.. I dont
think that it would be this super intense cool futuristic fighting arena.

i'm all for the cool danger room thing, i just think if they do it that it will
be pretty dang dissappointing.

another thing that kinda makes me edgy, is iceman isnt supposed to be
an iceman yet. In his school days he was a prankster and underachiever
he never even got into doing "ice" things for a long time after his
"graduation" to the x-men. I think he's gonna have a problem turning
this into something really workable.

while my hopes are high, i've got a bad feeling that this x-men could
bomb something bad with hard core fans of x-men =(

Gambit Lebeau
they could start with how jean got her powers. the car crash

eristole
actually, since it's a movie based gain of power. It will probably be linked
somehow back to her little "cerebro" incident. something like she was
concentrating to hard and her power attracted the phoenix or something
like that. That is probably the most likely.

It would be kind of cool to see some kind of flash back synopsis of jean
and her struggle with it in her mind or something.

Clovie
let's do everything at once
Gambit breaks into the institute, while they're in the danger room...
and they're figthing with someone.. (the watcher, don't know that, it is the danger room)
and they're aborting the simulation..
becouse logan smells remy big grinbig grinbig grin
and then Rogue sees him, and she fall in love in him and she breaks up with Bobby.... love

Paola
...and Bobby joins the brotherhood but gets "accidentally" murdered by Pyro ... angel evil face

n3zZ
then apocalypse shows up in xmen 4

Clovie
why not? shifty

Vampiree
evil face teeheehee... me likes the idea.... especially the 'bobby getting killed' part shifty

Gambit Lebeau
i like the pyro killing him part

Clovie
yeah.. but it is too beautiful to happen....erm

beastnpyro
lol... you guys are soooo mean... wut did bobby ever do to desserve this???? NOT!!! go and KILL THAT BLOODY MOOK!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.