When should a kid start a coffe habit...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Linkalicious
Ok, so i went into Starbucks today and while i'm waiting for grande carmel machiado. i see a mini-van full of what seemed like 11 and 12 years olds stroll in. I couldn't believe my eyes! What the hell were 11 and 12 year olds doing ordering coffee in Starbucks. I coulda understood if mommy wanted to stop by and pick something up for herself, but she treated a boat full of 6 kids to coffee (the bill was $31.64) I know i started drinking coffee when i was about 18 years old and that was so late because i got my usual 8 hours of sleep during high school and i drank a lot of soda.

So my question is, what age should kids begin drinking coffee habitually?

badkittykitty
my parents gave me coffee when i was like 8! I dont see it any different than pepsi or coke...full of empty calories and caffeine

juggernaut26
well i never liked it until i was in college then i just drank it to keep up at night but i still don't like it very much.

Linkalicious
I talked to my girlfriend's...err...ex-girlfriend's little sister and she told me she couldn't wake up and go to school until she had her morning cup of coffee....she turns 9 in march. <-----that's the riddiculus crap that i'm talking about. when i was 9 there weren't 3 coffeshops in every shopping center. Finally i can say "back in my day....kids didn't do those kinds of things....kids these days"

juggernaut26
haha my sister works at a daily grind so i get coffee there alot

DeNiro
i started drinking coffeee at like 9 years old and i still drink it luv coffeee espeecially frnehc vanalia

Friend44
thumb up I think 2 or 3 months is ok. When he's a teen he'll be all worn out and it'll be easier to convince the social workers to take him off your hands.

ragesRemorse
You know up to about five years ago coffee drinking was aquired with maturing tastes. Or simply from routine. I for one dont like coffee, i try and stick to as much caffine as i can in my soda addiction. Although I to see alot of younger people drinking coffee often. There is a very simple explanation for this, atleast i believe. Coffee is no longer coffee, it's no longer pure freshly ground beans brewed with hot water. Today coffee is a new candy. Even though i am a victim to a few drinks at starbucks i still acknowledge the only thing i am drinking is a block of melted chocolate, 30% milk, 20% flavoring mixtures, 40% candy, 7% whip creme, and about 3 % coffee. So of course kids are going to drink the shit out of somthing that gives them a hyper streak equivelant to snorting crack that taste good,and is legal

kalantiaw
i started drinking coffee when i was seven, but it was decaff so no biggie... but i never really liked the taste and i grew out of it... but why the hell would you wanna pumo a van full of kids with so much caffeine..? like they don't have enough energy on their own (ADHD, anyone?)...

SilverFighter
Drinking coffee at a very young age doesn't sound like a very good idea. I mean you are in a developing age and things like caffenie and sugars are not good for you. I started drinking coffee at the age of 18. My very first time was when I was 8 but I didn't like it much. Now that I'm older I do drink it more often but I don't think I will let my kiddies get into it at a young age.

Sesshomaru
It's just coffee. I had my first taste of coffee when I was like, 5. I don't drink it too much these days. It's been like, 7 months since I've had a sip of coffee.

Linkalicious
that's the best damn answer i've heard...and will probably ever heard.

lil bitchiness
Totally!! thumb up

Couldnt have put it better myself!

gabimr2
Iam 14 and I still dont use to drink cofee!no

lil bitchiness
I love coffee...always have thumb up

juggernaut26
well i'm 23 (about to be 24) and i still don't like it much

gabimr2
hahalaughing coffe not yet.. coco-cola 4e!!! yes

juggernaut26
YES!!!

realworlddreams
it depends, was there espresso in the coffee? cuz that stuff is deadly...i know a girl who had like 6 shots in her coffee...she was messed up
THAT STUFF IS CRAZY
i dont like coffee...it tastes like dirt.

gabimr2
I just like capuccino love

N.Tonks
I only drink coffee when I go snowboarding because I have to wake up so freakin' early and it's so freakin' cold...

lil bitchiness
Coffee is the best thing ever....its just amazing!!!

N.Tonks
mmm...caffeine...

lil bitchiness
Indeed...its adictive, but....its also.................................................................................................................................................

really tasty and lovely and best when its rich and with no sugar and bit of milk.....love

juggernaut26
haha for caffeine there's always sprite or gatorade

N.Tonks
I don't drink soda...............................................much big grin

juggernaut26
laughing out loud

tptmanno1
I only drink cold coffe,
Like Iced Blended Mochas
MMM.

lil bitchiness
Kids should be free to drink coffee...if they want!! big grin

coffee is...my one weakness, my achilles heel, if you will!

Tired Hiker
Coffee is a tool, so why not use it? I don't make coffee at home but I do at work because work has all the fixings! And it's free and tastes decent if you drink the first cup. The best thing that I just discovered recently, though, is that sipping on coffee during a long movie like Master And Commander or Return Of The King is key!!! Most movies are only slow becuase you are tired. Coffee cures that. I didn't know movie theaters even sold coffee until I discovered it just weeks ago! So crazy.

Tired Hiker
I like the Carmel Machiato at Starbucks. big grin

juggernaut26
well kids can drink coffee if they want but i think that people use it in college to stay awake then they get hooked on it

lil bitchiness
Shut up embarrasment

Korri
caffine can be scary!

Linkalicious
me too. Iced for hot days and hot for cold days. Iced is better because you getta suck the carmel outta the drink through the straw. Mmmmm carmelly goodness...

Korri
i like creamy coffee

Linkalicious
or if i'm really hurting at work i can drink their generic crap coffee...atleast they have french vanilla creamer. 2 of those and anything will taste good.

Fire
who gives a crap, I dont like coffee I aint gonna start drinking it for some obscure reason

Korri
ok sad

silver_tears
I drink lots of coffee, and dont sleep much either wink
My favs are caramel mochas and such yes *drools*
Or french vanilla caps eek!

Korri
i drink too much of it...makes me all high! angel

SilverFighter
Try decaf coffee with light sugar to avoid the after taste.

Korri
lol ok

Linkalicious
woah..woah... i get high all the time and coffee is NOTHING like being high. Coffee is like eating 8 sugar cubes (in terms of energy) except your breath ends up wreakin just like coffee

Korri
laughing

Linkalicious
two hours of sleep last night.....star bucks was good to me this morning. too bad my eyes look like i've been smoking pot for 5 hours straight. I thought i'd get in trouble at work, but my boss just keeps laughing at me when i look him in the eye. Clear eyes and Visine aren't helping...

Korri
coffee can kill but thats the best thing about it

stinkfist462
yes anything that kills you ... i will try

Korri
laughing me too!

stinkfist462
big grin ......

Korri
angel

stinkfist462
^ = angel

Korri
yes

Linkalicious
can sex kill you? because i'd love to die from too much of that one day...

stinkfist462
well you can have a heart attack .... lol.... so yeah .. i would try that many a times

Korri
me too eek!

stinkfist462
^ ditto...

Linkalicious
well then it's decided....that how i'm going out. Save the car crashes and drive bys for someone else.

stinkfist462
now all i need is a girl ......

Korri
*coughs*

stinkfist462
big grin

Korri
angel what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.