KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » When should a kid start a coffe habit...

What age should kids start drinking coffee habitually
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Any age, it's just coffee! 7 33.33%
Middle School because your mature enough 2 9.52%
High School because all the cool kids do it 2 9.52%
College because its a necessity to finish the work 10 47.62%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

When should a kid start a coffe habit...
Started by: Linkalicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

When should a kid start a coffe habit...

Ok, so i went into Starbucks today and while i'm waiting for grande carmel machiado. i see a mini-van full of what seemed like 11 and 12 years olds stroll in. I couldn't believe my eyes! What the hell were 11 and 12 year olds doing ordering coffee in Starbucks. I coulda understood if mommy wanted to stop by and pick something up for herself, but she treated a boat full of 6 kids to coffee (the bill was $31.64) I know i started drinking coffee when i was about 18 years old and that was so late because i got my usual 8 hours of sleep during high school and i drank a lot of soda.

So my question is, what age should kids begin drinking coffee habitually?

Last edited by Linkalicious on Jan 14th, 2004 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 05:57 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

my parents gave me coffee when i was like 8! I dont see it any different than pepsi or coke...full of empty calories and caffeine

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:06 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

well i never liked it until i was in college then i just drank it to keep up at night but i still don't like it very much.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:11 PM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

I talked to my girlfriend's...err...ex-girlfriend's little sister and she told me she couldn't wake up and go to school until she had her morning cup of coffee....she turns 9 in march. <-----that's the riddiculus crap that i'm talking about. when i was 9 there weren't 3 coffeshops in every shopping center. Finally i can say "back in my day....kids didn't do those kinds of things....kids these days"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:12 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

haha my sister works at a daily grind so i get coffee there alot

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:14 PM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

i started drinking coffeee at like 9 years old and i still drink it luv coffeee espeecially frnehc vanalia

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:57 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Friend44

thumb up I think 2 or 3 months is ok. When he's a teen he'll be all worn out and it'll be easier to convince the social workers to take him off your hands.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:12 PM
Friend44 is currently offline Click here to Send Friend44 a Private Message Find more posts by Friend44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

You know up to about five years ago coffee drinking was aquired with maturing tastes. Or simply from routine. I for one dont like coffee, i try and stick to as much caffine as i can in my soda addiction. Although I to see alot of younger people drinking coffee often. There is a very simple explanation for this, atleast i believe. Coffee is no longer coffee, it's no longer pure freshly ground beans brewed with hot water. Today coffee is a new candy. Even though i am a victim to a few drinks at starbucks i still acknowledge the only thing i am drinking is a block of melted chocolate, 30% milk, 20% flavoring mixtures, 40% candy, 7% whip creme, and about 3 % coffee. So of course kids are going to drink the shit out of somthing that gives them a hyper streak equivelant to snorting crack that taste good,and is legal

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 12:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i started drinking coffee when i was seven, but it was decaff so no biggie... but i never really liked the taste and i grew out of it... but why the hell would you wanna pumo a van full of kids with so much caffeine..? like they don't have enough energy on their own (ADHD, anyone?)...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 12:41 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Drinking coffee at a very young age doesn't sound like a very good idea. I mean you are in a developing age and things like caffenie and sugars are not good for you. I started drinking coffee at the age of 18. My very first time was when I was 8 but I didn't like it much. Now that I'm older I do drink it more often but I don't think I will let my kiddies get into it at a young age.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 01:05 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesshomaru
I love Chris

It's just coffee. I had my first taste of coffee when I was like, 5. I don't drink it too much these days. It's been like, 7 months since I've had a sip of coffee.

*Anubis Rocks!*

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:06 AM
Sesshomaru is currently offline Click here to Send Sesshomaru a Private Message Find more posts by Sesshomaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
You know up to about five years ago coffee drinking was aquired with maturing tastes. Or simply from routine. I for one dont like coffee, i try and stick to as much caffine as i can in my soda addiction. Although I to see alot of younger people drinking coffee often. There is a very simple explanation for this, atleast i believe. Coffee is no longer coffee, it's no longer pure freshly ground beans brewed with hot water. Today coffee is a new candy. Even though i am a victim to a few drinks at starbucks i still acknowledge the only thing i am drinking is a block of melted chocolate, 30% milk, 20% flavoring mixtures, 40% candy, 7% whip creme, and about 3 % coffee. So of course kids are going to drink the shit out of somthing that gives them a hyper streak equivelant to snorting crack that taste good,and is legal

that's the best damn answer i've heard...and will probably ever heard.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:14 AM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
my parents gave me coffee when i was like 8! I dont see it any different than pepsi or coke...full of empty calories and caffeine

Totally!! thumb up

Couldnt have put it better myself!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:14 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

Iam 14 and I still dont use to drink cofee!no

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:16 AM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I love coffee...always have thumb up

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:17 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

well i'm 23 (about to be 24) and i still don't like it much

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:19 AM
gabimr2

hahalaughing coffe not yet.. coco-cola 4e!!! yes

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:23 AM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

YES!!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:26 AM
Real
I have more tech than you

it depends, was there espresso in the coffee? cuz that stuff is deadly...i know a girl who had like 6 shots in her coffee...she was messed up
THAT STUFF IS CRAZY
i dont like coffee...it tastes like dirt.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 04:44 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

I just like capuccino love

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 05:13 AM