Animatrix 2 ?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
People are mentioning 'Animatrix 2'?

is this just wishful thinking or has anything been suggested/confirmed by w.bros?

what would it show, as im guessing it would have to be set after Revolutions? my ideas are;

1. the aftermath in Zion

2.something involving Seti/Oracle/Architect - an extension of the final talk scene in Revolutions.

3.something set in 01- maybe what happens to Neo?

4.people who want to be freed from the matrix being freed.

5.the start of the civil war- leading into matrixembarrasmentnline

any other ideas?

AliasNeo15
well for me, its just wishful thinking, but also practical thinkingsmile

jetzhere101
i think the animatrix 1 series laid the ground for the sequels of the main movies.and it also gave us the bckground which was so needed....so animatrix 2 if created will give us the info. on the future i.e what happens after the peace.....

ragesRemorse
or maybe it would be about godzilla taking on the machines. I mean after three movies no one mentioned anything about godzilla. I bet godzilla could put a dent in the machine city. Also how come none of the hackers of the matrix thought about making a program to introduce godzilla into the matrix, im tellin you im sure the agents would have a damn hard time taking on NEO and godzilla. So yeah there you go, you have your plot for animatrix2

Lil Seraph
lol thats funny as hell.

sum1butno1
It would be cool if they made one to explain exactly how the Oracle's shell got deleted, and the whole process of getting a new one. Because some of us got sick of ETM after the second level of terrible gameplay.

JKozzy
I saw rumors on Comingsoon.net... big grinsmilebig grin

Thomas Anderson
I'd like them to do one. It's all over now and I wish it wasn't. Although the Animatrix wasn't my favourite part of the stuff so far, but I guess I'd settle for another one...

mook
yeah id agree with that;

1. the aftermath in Zion
2.something involving Seti/Oracle/Architect - an extension of the final talk scene in Revolutions.
3.something set in 01- maybe what happens to Neo?
4.people who want to be freed from the matrix being freed.
5.the start of the civil war- leading into matrix online

kalantiaw
animatrix 2 would be cool.

The Omega
There could - conceivably be a story on exactly what happened to Tank. It would be an obvious one.

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/320843/news?item_id=3264772

JKozzy
eek! YES OMEGA! THAT'S THE ONE!!! eek!

mook
Omega>there could - conceivably be a story on exactly what happened to Tank. It would be an obvious one.

yeah thats a good point.

they could show what happened between the end of M1 and the start of M2 including what happened to Tank.

Shade
ohhhh!

lives of the programs, now that there is no need for them...More pleasing, an Agent

clavis9495
that way the animatrix could become a trilogy aswell cool

AliasNeo15
i think if they did Animatrix 2, people would forgive the Wachowski Bros

xxphreakxx
I like the idea of tanks story
but what about the story of morpheus and niobe?

mook
yeah they could show the aftermath in Zion and what happens with M+N

Shade
They had a little Morpheus thing, they showed him as a kid in the Real World in the Comic book

Lil Seraph
They have how Tank died. And all the things that happened in the 6 months between M1 and M2. They should have the point of view from an agent making him look like a good guy too. And the Twins Story wat happens to them. And a CGI mini-movie like Final Flight of Osiris about the reconstruction of Zion or sumthing with a cameo of Troy and Dujour/or somthing with heaps of fight scenes.

JKozzy
Somehow they could make it a trilogy and explain it, and possibly intricately tie it in with The Matrix Online big grin

Korri
Kozzai!

JKozzy
Korrai!

Korri
ur a special member!

JKozzy
Of? blink

Korri
lol nvm

AliasNeo15
I want it really bad

sum1butno1
Not likely. I know I'd probably just start to see them as kinda... money-grabbing sellouts.

The Omega
The Wachoskis have nothing to be forgiven about.
Just because many people didn't like the un-Hollywoody ending of Revolutions does NOT make it bad!!!

mook
amen.

JKozzy
Double amen. yes

Ahnold
It makes it bad in my eyes - but to each his own...

Mordecai
To each his own is right, but you just basically said that if the majority thinks its bad, it just automatically is, and that then makes it bad "through your eyes".

But isn't that like a contradiction in terms?

Or is it that you thinking that if the majority of opinions is that it is bad, means that it is bad, making your opinion that it is bad?

Am i making sense? confused

*shrugs*

Me = bored + tired = not quite sure about what i'm trying to say. no expression

LarryTheArch
errr.... okay. Basically, the movies were good, though a few parts were lame and yuseless like Trin's death scene, and other good and well-scripted. The point of this thread is about Animatrix 2 not how bads the Matrix is or isn't.

Metamorphisis
There currently is no reports of concept ideas or production that I can find. I searched all reported movie releases up through 2007's possible June release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix both on comingsoon.net and movies.yahoo.com/upcoming/. However movies that may interest some include:

X-Men 3
xXx 2
Star Wars Episode III (we knew it was coming)
Rocky VI
Mission Impossible 3
Jurassic Park IV
Indiana Jones 4
The Fantastic Four
Blade 3 (aka Blade: Trinity)
Alien 5

Sadly Back to the Future IV has been permanently shelved, but for all the little ones the old 80's kid flick Benji returns this year with "Benji Returns: Rags to Riches" laughing

Enjoy!

Numo
No the Matrix trilogy was made and could not have been made any other way. How do I know? Because they were still released.

Wasn't Tank thrown off the set of the matrix because he broke into either the Producer's or the Director's office one night while drunk to look at the script.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.