Anchorman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I want to see this just because it is Will Ferrell but I'm curious to whether its actually going to be good. The trailer is alright at best. Thoughts?

Stewie is God
I don't know bout all you....but I'm counting down the days till Anchorman comes out (15). I know that Ferrell will be so funny and witty at the same time. And i love Christina Applegate. the real great thing bout this movie is Vince Vaughn will be in it!!!!! (sry i have a huge crush on him) and i give even more credit to Ferrell b/c he co-wrote the script. Well im interested to kno wut other ppl think bout this movie so write bak!!

Vengeance
well im sure it will be funny as all hell(will ferrel). but i really have no problems waiting for it, im not to siked abut it, im still waiting for spider-man 2, but since the trailer are so revealing i have basically seen it lol.

Cinemaddiction
I hope it does't fall to the wayside, like so many other failed SNL's actors movies. I love Will Ferrel, he's cooky cool.

Vengeance
what SNL movie did you think fall wayside?
i think that night at the roxbary was the best.

Cinemaddiction
"Superstar", "The Ladies Man", "The Coneheads", "It's Pat", "Stuart Saves His Family"..

"Roxbury" and the "Wayne's World" movies are indeed the best.

botankus
Damn, I thought this thread was about Anchorman, the drinking game.

WindDancer
I personally like Will Ferrell during his SNL days. I never got big laughs out his movies. His cameo in Austin Powers was hysterical.

Vengeance
well i have to agree with there, superstar realy sucked, the ladies man was no real movie, and con heads well thats just the peek of the crap pile.

ragesRemorse
i could wait the rest of my life for this movie, and then some

Vengeance
well not every one can like will ferrel just the normal people i guess. no j/k lol

vagaryatwill
Will Anchorman outperform Dodgeball as far as opening weekend box office numbers go?

Creechuur
Do you even have to ask? Will Farrell is a comedic GOD. Dodgeball looks funny, but I'm sick to death of Ben Stiller.

Anchorman will be the funniest movie of the year.

BackFire
I doubt it will. Dogeball was hilarious. Anchorman probably won't do very well considering it will still have Spider-man to contend with.

Cinemaddiction
Ooh, tough call. People see Stiller and Ferrell equally as annoying. That said, I think "Dodgeball" is still going to edge out the "Anchroman", god love 'em.

Backfire had a good point, in competing with Spidey, in addition, "King Arthur" opens 2 days ahead of "Anchorman" as well. I'll be seein' them both.

BackFire
Yeah, Anchorman will probably be good, but won't get the money it deserves.

Stormeister
Why cant anybody post this stuff in the box office results thread? roll eyes (sarcastic) is that too much to ask?

Ahnold
Hello all,

Just a quick question - in Britain, is Anchorman only showing at selected cinemas, or something? I just find it weird that none of the 3 cinemas in my city are showing it; I've never EVER had any trouble seeing a film at one of the three before ...

Many thanks,

Ahnold

ChickinMeat
i didnt think its even out yet, i saw a trailer for it in dodgeball, and im sure its not released yet. i could be wrong though.

if im right that could be the reason why its not showing in your cinemas

papabeard
Personally , I think Anchorman is funnier than Dodgeball, although, I didnt think it would be because I dont like Will Ferrel, but anchor man, although not hilarious for the entire movie had many scenes that made me cry with laughter, particularly the "Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!" scene, the sex panther scene, the anchorman fight and the scene after it it when they are talking about the fight and they are saying it got out of hand, playing it kind of straight, absolute genius, but also there were parts of the movie that were not very funny.

The commentary on the DVD is not really very funny either.

v1h
I was laughing beginning with the opening credits of the movie. It was definately a throw back to the sexist 1970's before political correctiveness was born. Will Ferrell was awesome and also Christina Applegate. I loved seeing some old Saturday Night Live cast members and some new fresh faces. If you like to laugh then you will love Anchorman. There are some hilarious dvd extras also. He has an audition for ESPN (1978) and they do a funny improv interview where he stays in character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.