KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Anchorman

Anchorman
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Anchorman

I want to see this just because it is Will Ferrell but I'm curious to whether its actually going to be good. The trailer is alright at best. Thoughts?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2004 08:27 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stewie is God

Smile Who can't wait for Anchorman?!!?

I don't know bout all you....but I'm counting down the days till Anchorman comes out (15). I know that Ferrell will be so funny and witty at the same time. And i love Christina Applegate. the real great thing bout this movie is Vince Vaughn will be in it!!!!! (sry i have a huge crush on him) and i give even more credit to Ferrell b/c he co-wrote the script. Well im interested to kno wut other ppl think bout this movie so write bak!!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 04:37 PM
Stewie is God is currently offline Click here to Send Stewie is God a Private Message Find more posts by Stewie is God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

well im sure it will be funny as all hell(will ferrel). but i really have no problems waiting for it, im not to siked abut it, im still waiting for spider-man 2, but since the trailer are so revealing i have basically seen it lol.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 04:44 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I hope it does't fall to the wayside, like so many other failed SNL's actors movies. I love Will Ferrel, he's cooky cool.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 06:12 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight

what SNL movie did you think fall wayside?
i think that night at the roxbary was the best.

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 06:22 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Superstar", "The Ladies Man", "The Coneheads", "It's Pat", "Stuart Saves His Family"..

"Roxbury" and the "Wayne's World" movies are indeed the best.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 06:29 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Damn, I thought this thread was about Anchorman, the drinking game.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 07:28 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I personally like Will Ferrell during his SNL days. I never got big laughs out his movies. His cameo in Austin Powers was hysterical.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 08:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Superstar", "The Ladies Man", "The Coneheads", "It's Pat", "Stuart Saves His Family"..

"Roxbury" and the "Wayne's World" movies are indeed the best.

well i have to agree with there, superstar realy sucked, the ladies man was no real movie, and con heads well thats just the peek of the crap pile.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2004 11:01 PM
jinXed by JaNx

i could wait the rest of my life for this movie, and then some

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 02:23 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i could wait the rest of my life for this movie, and then some

well not every one can like will ferrel just the normal people i guess. no j/k lol

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 07:53 PM
vagaryatwill

Will Anchorman's weekend numbers beat Dodgball's?

Will Anchorman outperform Dodgeball as far as opening weekend box office numbers go?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 09:12 PM
vagaryatwill is currently offline Click here to Send vagaryatwill a Private Message Find more posts by vagaryatwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Do you even have to ask? Will Farrell is a comedic GOD. Dodgeball looks funny, but I'm sick to death of Ben Stiller.

Anchorman will be the funniest movie of the year.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 09:20 PM
Creechuur is currently offline Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I doubt it will. Dogeball was hilarious. Anchorman probably won't do very well considering it will still have Spider-man to contend with.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 09:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Ooh, tough call. People see Stiller and Ferrell equally as annoying. That said, I think "Dodgeball" is still going to edge out the "Anchroman", god love 'em.

Backfire had a good point, in competing with Spidey, in addition, "King Arthur" opens 2 days ahead of "Anchorman" as well. I'll be seein' them both.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 09:42 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, Anchorman will probably be good, but won't get the money it deserves.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 09:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stormy Day
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why cant anybody post this stuff in the box office results thread? roll eyes (sarcastic) is that too much to ask?

Days until new season of CSI:26

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 12:23 AM
Stormy Day is currently offline Click here to Send Stormy Day a Private Message Find more posts by Stormy Day Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Miffed Anchorman ...

Hello all,

Just a quick question - in Britain, is Anchorman only showing at selected cinemas, or something? I just find it weird that none of the 3 cinemas in my city are showing it; I've never EVER had any trouble seeing a film at one of the three before ...

Many thanks,

Ahnold

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 06:20 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

i didnt think its even out yet, i saw a trailer for it in dodgeball, and im sure its not released yet. i could be wrong though.

if im right that could be the reason why its not showing in your cinemas

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Sep 9th, 2004 09:01 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

Personally , I think Anchorman is funnier than Dodgeball, although, I didnt think it would be because I dont like Will Ferrel, but anchor man, although not hilarious for the entire movie had many scenes that made me cry with laughter, particularly the "Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!" scene, the sex panther scene, the anchorman fight and the scene after it it when they are talking about the fight and they are saying it got out of hand, playing it kind of straight, absolute genius, but also there were parts of the movie that were not very funny.

The commentary on the DVD is not really very funny either.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:52 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote