How did the hobbits come to middle earth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue

LOTRLUVR
.....Not sure......posting random things....MUST BE WELL KNOWN!!!!*shifty eyes*......

Kitoky
'The beginning of Hobbits lies far back in the Elder Days that are now lost and forgotten. Only the Elves still preserve any records of that vanished time ... (...) ... Yet it is clear that Hobbits had, in fact, lived quietly in Middle-earth for many long years before other folk even became aware of them.' ~JRRT FOTR

That means they've had Middle-Earth all to themselves at one point.

Exa

Jade_Eyes
Exa I have to ask. How old are you? Do you have a masters degree in all things tolkien. If not someone whould give you one. Its sick how much of this stuff you have in your head.

I love it. but it is kinda creepy, lol.

Exa
LoL laughing laughing creepy...
I'm 15... and I have no master degree big grin big grin
And there are people here who know far more than I do

sauron
the hobbits first appeared shortly after the arrival of the istari...nobody knows where they came from...an entirely different race , from valinor...explaining the resistance of the ring, but if that was so saruman would pay more attention to them

others say they are elves..that changed and became mortal..the ears and soundless footsteps back up this view....i dont know what to believe

sauron
hahahahahaha yeah right stick out tonguestick out tongue

exa you should just accept it big grin you are the brainiest and bessterest here

Camellia
Oh, I thought you grew them out of Shireling Seedsconfused

.....smile, sorry!

Exa
big grin embarrasment

but how could I accept something untrue?

shadowy_blue
Oh..ok...so nothing's still all that clear about them. Thanks Exa!! big grin You are the genius of this board! Accept it! big grin

Jade_Eyes
Yup, accept it.
Plus, most smart guys find brainy chicks extremely SEXY!

sauron
lol stick out tongue

well it is kinda clear its one of those two choices for sure....so thank meee too please big grin

sauron
and exa...it is SO true

you are the besterest here.....and if you deny it then who do you feel is worthy of YOUR title stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
sauron, thanks for the explanation too. Along with Exa, both of you guys made the issue about the Hobbits somehow cleared up, and to Kitoky too. big grin

Jade_Eyes
Yes sauron I have to admit as well you have been extremly helpful at times. Just not as willing to go into explanations as Exa is. Sometimes you are rather short with people.

You'll say stuff like, Its at such and such link, Go look it up. Wich is justifiable considering how often you probably get asked the same questions over and over again.

Still, Exa always aswers.

sauron
well you may notice that i give longer answers after six...when i am on MY pc...my grandas which i am currently on is a kinda slow one stick out tongue took 3 minutes to load this thread up big grin

well i do get asked alot...but thats not it its just we get two threads on the same thing which i cant stand

exa is cooler and alot more patient big grin

isnt that right 'lynx'

Exa
3 mins? awww sad nasssty pc... *hugs sauron*

Lol me and patient stick out tongue big grin interesting idea, Dark Lord smile

Im not the besterest here, whom I would give the title? Well I named several potentials in an other thread, I think... you know, SKUTBFSandsoon

Jade_Eyes
Ouch, 3 minute is an eternity in cyber time. You must be jumping up and down cursing that dial up.

Thats a very interesting theory that the Hobbits are derived from elves. Makes sense, but funny considering how they view elves, not knowing there own origins. If that is the case.

I also tend to think that we all try to think too much about it all. I bet Tolkine had no intention of having to explain as much as is asked. Kind of like the Bombadil thing. Over thinking something that just was not supposed to be.

sauron
good point...im on MY computer now big grin with fast connection big grinbig grinbig grin

so now i cxan give loooong answers big grin

Camellia
So, let me get this straight. It ISN'T the Shireling Seeds theory?....smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.