What would Elrond do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kalantiaw
if you were lord elrond and you were in mount doom with isildur, would you kill him when he refused to throw the ring into the fiery chasm from whence it came?

remember, the race of men already shown weakness against the rings of power (ie. the ringwraiths), what more could they do against the will of the one ring... and the fate of the peoples of middle earth depended upon the destruction of the one ring...

i woulda chopped his head of so quick, put the ring in his pocket then throw his body with the one ring into the fires of mount doom...

what would you do? confused

Kitoky
Well I wouldn't try to kill Isildur to get rid of the ring, I was attempt to grab it and throw it in even if Isildur would be angry, it would be his decision whether to believe that it was for the best.

kalantiaw
isildur will fight for the ring. smeagol killed for it, and there is no doubt in my mind that isildur would try to kill elrond just to keep the ring...

Kitoky
Well you have to consider that Isildur may not have that same deep obsession/relation with the ring. Isildur, one of the great Numenoreans, should've had that stronger sense, unlike Smeagol which was only a small hobbit of the River folk.

shadowy_blue
I'll leave him alone and let him do what he wants with the Ring. Watch me care. evil face Besides, if I took the Ring from him, Mt. Doom will explode and neither of us could get out alive unless the Eagles are nearby. I don't want to die yet. I'll let him take the Ring for his own and I myself will flee to Valinor and leave the peoples of Middle-earth carrying their burden. evil face smokin'

Or maybe not. stick out tongue

I will try to wrestle with him at least, whoever wins could do what he wants with the Ring. smokin'

Bar-en-Danwedh
the books mention, how the ring must be given up freely to be over it. gollum lost it so his need for the ring never left him. Bilbo gave it up, and eventually got over it. as for frodo, it didn't matter 'cause it got destroyed. even when Isildur lost, just before he died, he felt a great sense of relief to be rid of it.

I think Elrond should have come up with a better speech than "throw it in!" but then, it was probably Gil-Galads job to give the 'cast it in' speech! unfortunatley he got killed.

also elrond wasn't going to kill him and take it, because the elves would be more susseptable to the evil of the ring and know to avoid it. It would have been far more dangereous in the hands of Elrond than Isiuldur...

me? I would have pushed the bastard in!

kalantiaw
Kitoky> does it really matter? sooner or later, he will be taken over the ring... still he would not give it up to elrond or anybody for that matter...

Bar-en> i'm with you on that thumb up

Aurora
I can't even think about what I would do! I would love to say that I would overthrow Isildurs decision and throw the ring into the fire. But the weakness of men did not run as strongly in Isildur as it did in many. As kit said he isone of the Numenoreans. Now for sure the weakness was shown after the ring had been possesed but Sauron was thought to be defeted,so why destroy the ring? Hind sight is always 20/20.

Rebel Racer
I'd grab Isildor, wrap my arms around him and jump into the fire!

(Im straight, btw. dont get no ****ing thoughts in ur head)

Lord_Andres
I would have tried to wresel with him to get the ring, and if I would have been unable to defeat him I would have chooped his head off, and trown the ring in, I would have told the Humans that he fell on the edge into the fire big grin

Iirima
ERR. Lord Andres stole my thoughts! So just loook up... roll eyes (sarcastic)

pip-foot
I would have probably pushed him and the ring into the fire. it would have saved a lot of trouble and death. Jsut isildur dieng would have been better than all those millions that died afterwards because of the ring during the war.

Lord_Andres
didint see that Iirima, but you would jump in the fire, why not just go over too him and say hey whats that on your foot and hi'd look down and you would punch him in the face and grab the ring and trow it in? thats acturly a better ida then to jump in the fire big grin

Iirima
yes, much better idea...but I liked the idea of saying to the humans,

"Err...he...he, well, uh...oh, yeah! He fell in the fire! And, uh, I forgot to try to grab him before he fell! Oh, and by da way...the ring's been destroyed!"

Elrond doesn't sound like that, but I think it'd be funny.

((Whoo-hoo, go me, now I have an avatar!!)

Exa
No. This would only cause problems between elves and men and thats really the last thing that would help us. Sure, maybe it would have killed (eeek no!!!) or at least defeated Sauron, but it would have continued as it always goes... one dark lord dead, the next comes. there are always people who seek for power and might, hidden if there is some ruler but as soon as he's gone they suddenly pop out of the shadows. Thats not worth it. Feanor's sons showed what acting like that causes - weakening the own lines.

Chapel
Could he have taken the ring from Isildur anyway? the ring would have given him incredible power.
And even if he took it from him with the intent to destroy it, could he have resisted the ring? the temptation of the ring was so great Gandalf didn't even want to touch it for a second. I doubt anyone of any race or creed in middle earth could destroy it purposefully
plus Isildur would die/kill before giving up the ring, Elrond taking it from him with force would have resulted in endless war between elves and men ruining what was achieved with the last alliance and probably all of middle earth too.

kalantiaw
sure the next dark lord is just around the corner, but i'd rather destroyed one dark lord rather than none. let him be the example for the next. and the elves would've abandoned middle earth anyways. i don't think they are very keen to lingering evil just waiting to pop out any minute. if i knew there was another dark lord coming, i would get the f@#$ outta dodge...

Bar-en-Danwedh
after pushing him in, I would have come out saying:
"alright everybody shows over, nothing to see here!! let's all go home."

some human: "where is Isiuldur? where is the King?"

elrond/me: "ah,... he's still inside, he said he wanted to watch the ring melt, he'll be out in an hour or so... he said he wanted to be alone for a while...
come on elves let's go... (quickly)."

shadowy_blue
^ laughing You and sauron always manage to make me laugh in this forum. laughing

kalantiaw
laughing thumb up

Bar-en-Danwedh
embarrasment

angelsflame265
i would have pushed him in, the fate of middle earth was in his hand!

Kitoky
I wouldn't, I'd just let him go on about his day, have him eventually murdered, have it reach Smeagol, make another chance for Sauron to find it to gain power, while me a prissy elf, make my way towards the Grey Havens to forget my sins upon sins, and Valinor shall take me not knowing my full intent. smile But that's just me.

kalantiaw
but if you are indeed planning to take your prissy elf-self to valinor, why not destrot the one threat that plagued the epoples of middle earth? men and elves were the last alliance, right?

Kitoky
Screw men, their issue not mine.

Bloom4ever
cant believe you Kit...

Id take the Ring from him (cmon do some Matrix, man big grin)

Kitoky
But that's just me. Every elf for himself.

kalantiaw
d@mn, that seriously made me laugh... thank you kit, thanks man laughing

Kitoky
Quite welcome.

fini
hmmm i woulda push him in, well he was gonna die soon anyway.

BUT i thought that Elrond and Isildur never went to mt doom. wasn't that just for the movie??????

Iirima
Can't remember... *goes off to read the book*

kalantiaw
i never read the books no sad so everything i know is from the movies...

Kitoky
You never read the books!??!?! *faints*

kalantiaw
nope no ... i wanna read them so bad but i'm just so busy at werk... paperworks and sh!t... plus i can't really leave my patients unsupervised...

sauron
yeah HIGHLY dangerous is elrond killed isildur and threw the ring in the fire

one: isildur is dad, so gthere goes nifty prologue scene and basically the entire film

two: if elrond got the ring, its jewellery, hes an elf, he would put it on see its toally his bling and kepp it

three: men would be like 'wheres isildur' and elrond would say 'oh, hes erm.....coming out soon' but some prissy elf who wans t paying attention would say 'oh i saw him fall into lava'

four: men would then fight elves and have war

which would clear the way for

five: saurons return...men and elves divided, divide and conquer

and even if they did manage to destroy sauron theres always another waiting to emerge

such as the great evil of the fourth age

BILL FERNY! AND TED! SANDYMAN!

Trickster
Surely i f Elrond took it he would be like..
"Duuuuude.... The power of this ring is totally out of this world." and then he would put it on, but Isildur would be like(Isildur was a nerd)
"hey! Hey, give that back! Come on, give it back right now, before I tell the Valar on youuuu!" and then Elrond would be like,
"Shut up ya pansy." and push him into the fire, and then go out side and some guy would go,
"Hey, where's Isildur." And so Elrond would say,
"Dude, he totally went to catch some surf. He gave me this knarly ring and told me to get you totally landlubbing dudes off to the beach."

And everyone, elves and men, would go surfing and forget about Isildur, except that the men would be too busy surfing to have sex, and so the human race would die out, and elves and hobbits would rule middle-earth uncontested. Except for those damn dwarves...

Trickster
Oh yeah, until whatever Sauron said would happen, happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.