Bound --> Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
The W.Bros wrote and directed Bound AFTER they had written the Matrix trilogy to prove they could direct etc.

Therefore im wondering if anyone has Bound and has noticed any similarities in camera work/presentation etc or forward referencing to the Matrix...?

Chapel
no real foreshadowing to the matrix but you can definitely tell its a Wachowski Bros film.

Lil Seraph
Hey did the Wackowski's write the matrix cuz i heard they bought a japanese comic that was the basis for the matrix it pretty much was the matrix. In one of the makings it says they knew they had bought something big but they didn't know wat it was.

Sifer
Yes, they did write the Matrix with inspiration coming from MANY different sources including movies such as:

Ghost in the Shell
Terminator
Akira
Transformers

Books were a big part in the creation of it:

Baudrillard - Simulcra & Simulation

But there are too many allegorical references in the Matrix to list them. How deep does the Rabbit hole really go? It's up to you to keep digging smile

realworlddreams
DBZ played a role in the fight-chematics (im pretty sure thats the right word choice..sumone correct me) as viewed in #3
also, about a million other things played into it...not jus anime n manga.

realworlddreams
i hvaent seen bound, wuts it about? where can i find it?

JKozzy
At your local Blockbuster....

The Alpha
local Blockbuster?

mook
its a story about a mafia guy (who also plays cypher) whos wife starts a lesbian affair with the girl next door and then they decide to steal from the mob.

its a good film.

should be on dvd/video - look around.

realworlddreams
um...is it like, safe to watch w/parents? wuts it rated?
kinda hard to explain lesbos to a 16 yr olds parents.

JKozzy
A place where you rent movies... in the U.S....

sum1butno1
Actually, in Revisited they said that the Warner Bros rep asked them to explain it to them because they said "Okay, we know we bought something cool. We're not really sure what it is."

Actually though, there was some woman that claimed the Wachowskis stole her script. What was her name? Sophia Stewart? But yeah, I saw part of her script. No resemblance.

mook
i wouldnt watch it with my parents if i was 16...

mook
question:How would you say Bound and the Matrix are similar?

WachowskiBros: "Both films examine the idea of an individual searching for their true self while attempting to escape the box that we often make of our lives"

AliasNeo15
LOL, bound is a great movie, Joe Pantiliono is a ***laughing out loud

lilith66
TO sum1butno1,
I'M SURE U NOW KNOW THAT YOUR BOYS ARE PLAGIRISTS OF THE WORST KIND AND THEY WILL SUFFER!!!
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud
PLUS A SISTA IS GETTING ALL THE KIZZASH!!!! AND SHE DESERVES EVERY CENT!!!! laughing laughing laughing

Wolfie
Hmmm... right....

Bound is a good flick. Some of the camera shots let you know it was a Wachowski film.

Clavis
why dont you make a sophie's devotion corner thread?

nobody really cares about wachowski's being so called thieves coz everybody likes the matrix in here hence they like wachowski's work. Most of them anyways...

toldyaw
Could it be possible that she wrote a story that influenced the W brothers to make the Matrix. I mean one can read steal anothers idea.

Wolfie
Have you ever thought of an idea only to find it's been done already or something similar? I had my own Million Dollar Man and Underworld-type ideas. Then I found out about Million Dollar man and Underworld came out.

Also, can you say that no two ideas are at all similar?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.