Has anyone read the back of the appendix in ROTK!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cgtuna21
Well if you have go 2 1072 i think but if i am wrong it will be very close to it. Well has anyone read the dates after frodo left out of valinor. Did any of you guys read what happened 2 the fellowship. it's sad, almost made me cry. well i am going to write a book of what happens after rotk

shadowy_blue
uuhh...yeah..I have...smile

Exa
Yes I did big grin

Best and easiest source for information about the third age stick out tongue

cgtuna21
that and then starting the 4th age

Ushgarak
And the only info about any of the LOTR/Hobbit background that Tolkien ever thought was ready for release- and even so, he regretted doing so.

Discos
erm, what is this book called,

Ushgarak
He is talking of the appendices to Return of the King.

Kitoky
Appendices are quite useful

cgtuna21
yup they sure are

kelita_33
he he, i tried to read it all, but it was really really really long so i only got to like the end of appendex c or something. I read about the fellowship and such, it was kinda sad. I liked how when Legolas leaves, it says something like, with the passing of his boat came the last of the fellowship in middle earth, or something like that, anyway it was kind of sad. Ill get to finishing the rest eventually

anaritearbina
I liked all that stuff. It's lots of fun. So is the Silmarilion. I've read it three times.

Iirima
I love the appendixes! They're so fun to read through...

cgtuna21
yes indeed they give alot of info about lotr

lkotbr33
especially the history of m.e. and the 2nd age

PippinTook
Of course I've read the appendixes. How else could I have known about Diamond? She - when I say "she," I mean "I" stick out tongue - wasn't mentioned in the books because she - again, I - married Pippin after the book ended....It would have been cool if Tolkien wrote about Pip and me big grin But the books are wonderous as they are and, besides the Pip and me thing, I wouldn't change a thing. Hehe.

Exa
My favourit parts are the Annals and especially all the stuff about the writing systems.... the last were probably the beginning for me to be a fan.

Ariadne
The appendices are great, but very distracting. Whenever I'm reading RotK it takes longer than the others because I'm always flipping back to look at one of the Tale of the Years or one of the other appendices.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.