KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Has anyone read the back of the appendix in ROTK!!!

Has anyone read the back of the appendix in ROTK!!!
Started by: cgtuna21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

Question Has anyone read the back of the appendix in ROTK!!!

Well if you have go 2 1072 i think but if i am wrong it will be very close to it. Well has anyone read the dates after frodo left out of valinor. Did any of you guys read what happened 2 the fellowship. it's sad, almost made me cry. well i am going to write a book of what happens after rotk

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:24 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

uuhh...yeah..I have...smile

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:25 PM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

Yes I did big grin

Best and easiest source for information about the third age stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:29 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

that and then starting the 4th age

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:42 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And the only info about any of the LOTR/Hobbit background that Tolkien ever thought was ready for release- and even so, he regretted doing so.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

erm, what is this book called,

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:45 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He is talking of the appendices to Return of the King.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Appendices are quite useful

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 10:52 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

yup they sure are

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 02:15 AM
kelita_33
Wanna-be Director

he he, i tried to read it all, but it was really really really long so i only got to like the end of appendex c or something. I read about the fellowship and such, it was kinda sad. I liked how when Legolas leaves, it says something like, with the passing of his boat came the last of the fellowship in middle earth, or something like that, anyway it was kind of sad. Ill get to finishing the rest eventually

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 02:32 AM
kelita_33 is currently offline Click here to Send kelita_33 a Private Message Find more posts by kelita_33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaritearbina

I liked all that stuff. It's lots of fun. So is the Silmarilion. I've read it three times.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 04:31 AM
anaritearbina is currently offline Click here to Send anaritearbina a Private Message Find more posts by anaritearbina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nienna
nonexistent

I love the appendixes! They're so fun to read through...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 04:34 AM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

yes indeed they give alot of info about lotr

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 10:35 PM
Mr. Bacon
Who?

especially the history of m.e. and the 2nd age

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 10:37 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PippinTook
Billeh <3

Of course I've read the appendixes. How else could I have known about Diamond? She - when I say "she," I mean "I" stick out tongue - wasn't mentioned in the books because she - again, I - married Pippin after the book ended....It would have been cool if Tolkien wrote about Pip and me big grin But the books are wonderous as they are and, besides the Pip and me thing, I wouldn't change a thing. Hehe.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 02:50 AM
PippinTook is currently offline Click here to Send PippinTook a Private Message Find more posts by PippinTook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

My favourit parts are the Annals and especially all the stuff about the writing systems.... the last were probably the beginning for me to be a fan.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 01:46 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ariadne
Frodo Lives

The appendices are great, but very distracting. Whenever I'm reading RotK it takes longer than the others because I'm always flipping back to look at one of the Tale of the Years or one of the other appendices.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 09:55 PM
Ariadne is currently offline Click here to Send Ariadne a Private Message Find more posts by Ariadne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote