Billy Joel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
Billy Joel is awesome. He is a master pianist, his song are well-written and meaningful, and he has had a #1 hit on most of his albums. He can also play the harmonica and the guitar really well, but his piano expertise is unfathomable.

What do YOU think?

amity75
Yep, at school my best mate was a huge Billy Joel fan and was subsequently subjected to much ridicule because of it. Only now can I appreciate how magnificent he is. Elton John seems to be portrayed as the best singer/pianist but Billy is miles better.

badkittykitty
I love billy joel..I get crap for it too..but he can't be bad if some one would bother to steal your greatest hits cd.

yeah I swear it! I had a small party over here at my place and my cd's were laying out and someone helped them selves to a couple...billy was one of them *crys*

Lord Soth
The CDs that I have:
Piano Man-rock If you don't have this album you must die
Songs in the Attic- A live recording, which I don't usually like, but this one's good
The Stranger- This one's really good too
Turnstiles-This has 2 of my all-time fave songs by him: Miami 2017 and Summer, Highland Falls
Greatest Hits 1, 2, and 3- big grin
and The Essential Billy Joel- laughing

I wanna get Glass Houses and Storm Front next big grin

Capt_Fantastic
Elton and Billy are often placed in the same category, simply because they both play the piano. But the truth is that they are "miles" apart. Billy Joel has a more bar man feel to his playing. It's a little less sophisticated than Elton's.

Billy Joel even said that Elton John "kicks my ass on piano" in an article he wrote about Elton for Rolling Stone Magazine

amity75
Billy is cool. I'd love to go for a drink with him. Elton, on the other hand, is a bit of a dick.

ElectricBugaloo
I never liked Billy's music.

but i find it funny that he keeps hitting things when driving around

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.