KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Billy Joel

Billy Joel
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Billy Joel

Billy Joel is awesome. He is a master pianist, his song are well-written and meaningful, and he has had a #1 hit on most of his albums. He can also play the harmonica and the guitar really well, but his piano expertise is unfathomable.

What do YOU think?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 07:13 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Yep, at school my best mate was a huge Billy Joel fan and was subsequently subjected to much ridicule because of it. Only now can I appreciate how magnificent he is. Elton John seems to be portrayed as the best singer/pianist but Billy is miles better.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 11:21 AM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I love billy joel..I get crap for it too..but he can't be bad if some one would bother to steal your greatest hits cd.

yeah I swear it! I had a small party over here at my place and my cd's were laying out and someone helped them selves to a couple...billy was one of them *crys*

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 06:26 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The CDs that I have:
Piano Man-rock If you don't have this album you must die
Songs in the Attic- A live recording, which I don't usually like, but this one's good
The Stranger- This one's really good too
Turnstiles-This has 2 of my all-time fave songs by him: Miami 2017 and Summer, Highland Falls
Greatest Hits 1, 2, and 3- big grin
and The Essential Billy Joel- laughing

I wanna get Glass Houses and Storm Front next big grin

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 11:06 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by amity75
Yep, at school my best mate was a huge Billy Joel fan and was subsequently subjected to much ridicule because of it. Only now can I appreciate how magnificent he is. Elton John seems to be portrayed as the best singer/pianist but Billy is miles better.

Elton and Billy are often placed in the same category, simply because they both play the piano. But the truth is that they are "miles" apart. Billy Joel has a more bar man feel to his playing. It's a little less sophisticated than Elton's.

Billy Joel even said that Elton John "kicks my ass on piano" in an article he wrote about Elton for Rolling Stone Magazine

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:56 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

Billy is cool. I'd love to go for a drink with him. Elton, on the other hand, is a bit of a dick.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 10:32 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

I never liked Billy's music.

but i find it funny that he keeps hitting things when driving around

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 10:33 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote