Interesting thought while thinking...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediHDM
OK, i was going back and skimming the "Ascertain the fate of the One" thread, and i had this idea...Bear with me...Ok, so, Neo is an iteration of the anomaly code. which means his brain must hold some of the code as well. I originally thought this to be not the case, i thought that his mind, when loaded, had the anomaly code added to it somehow, but thinking back. Neo had to have the coding for the anomaly in his brain. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to speak to the Source. Now, if Neo was grown, and the code was then put into him, he would have scarring in his brain, like how Bane had scarring from Smith taking over his mind. But they never say anything about Neo having a scarred brain. They act as if he is perfectly normal. Which leads me to only one conclusion. Neo was designed. Created with the specific purpose of being the anomaly, by the machines. Which means if he is designed, wouldn't everyone be designed? so, what did they do to us? make us less susceptible to virus', disease? make us learn easier? change the way we think, act, feel?

whatshisface
interesting indeed. but that brings me back to the conversation neo had with the architect... archi said that his life "was a sum of a remainder of an equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. you are the eventuality of an anomaly in which despite my sincerest efforts was unable to eliminate in an otherwise a harmony of mathematical precission"... which has led me to believe that the anomaly code was not designed, it was an "accident"... the equation that supposedly is thomas anderson's life is without solution hence the remainder hence the anomaly. neo always had the anomaly code in him, but it was dormant... when all preceding events of M1 happened, it was only then that the code was "activated"...

what do you think?

mailedbypostman
Thats's possible. And i kind of always thought we were designed. Morpheus says "where humans are no longer born. They are grown." This points out some form of us being designed.

mook
i dont think that necessarily means we are 'designed' though.
i think he just meant that we are not born the natural way - instead we are grown in pods.

also i have to agree with 'whatshisface' as the architect conversation does seem to saw that the code is a result of an equation and not something that was designed with neo.

JediHDM
the architect says he is trying to get rid of the anomaly, not that they don't make it...if you realize that there is a glitch in your program, but there is no way to get rid of it without getting rid of a fundamental part of the code, wouldn't you try to make sure that the glitch is contained, controlled, until you can fix it? The architect realizes that it is a necessity, but until he can fix it, they must force the anomaly to do what they want, while he thinks he is doing what is best for humanity. I'm not sure how to describe it accurately...besides, whathisface, if the code just happens, what's to say it doesn't happen in more than one person? what if all those kids, the potentials, were also ONEs...

mook
i dont think they designed neo to be the one.

if they knew that he was gonna be the one then wouldnt the agents have known about him before the phone tap at the start of m1?

but the architect knows that the one will result due to the code problem

whatshisface
it doesn't just happen... archi said that he made attempts (sincerest efforts) to eliminate this anomaly. like i said before, neo was a part of an equation without solution making it unbalanced, out of the ordinary, peculiar, an anomaly. you and me are also inherent to the matrix but we do not have a remainder... neo's equation is like dividing 10 by 3, there will always be a remainder of one... no matter where you put the decimal point, the remainder is always one-- that "one" is the anomaly... repeating and lingering hence the cycles of the "ones".

and i know what you mean by keeping the anomaly, it is necessary to keep it to find a solution... which the architect created or found, if you will, but got maniacally out of control... enter the virus smith.

and besides, the potentials are already free minds... how can they be the one when neo already is? unless they get reinserted into the matrix just like how mr. reagan intended, which is to me highly unlikely...

JediHDM
but what i'm sayin is, his mind would be scarred if he was just randomly chosen at birth to contain the anomaly code. They would se it, and someone shoulda commented on it, esp. when he is lying there...but noone says anything about Neo's mind being scarred...which leads me to believe that, before he was even born (started to grow) he was destined to be the anomaly...but if there is something in his genes, then it should be inherent in everyone he is related to...since there isn't, it doesn't just happen that he mutates to have the code, which means he was designed/grown to be the anomaly. Meaning the machines shoulda known he was the anomaly all the time, and kept him from coming to harm. besides, do you think they keep tabs on EVERYONE, for their entire lives? how else would they just happen to have his entire life to show to him on the monitors?

sum1butno1
Okay. The way I see it, every human being jacked in to the matrix has a mirror digital avatar (something we sometimes improperly call an RSI). Every avatar must be exactly compatible with the human's body, mind, personality, etc. However, if this person (and, consequently, their avatar) were incompatible with some laws of the system, an anomaly would occur. This anomaly would be a result of the system trying to isolate the problem to keep the program/law from collapsing all together. So what the architect has been trying to do is design a system in which there are no "compatability issues" with any of the hardware (people) so there are no more people who can ignore the laws (like Neo and the other "potential ones"wink.
Therefore, in this case, for the Architect to develop compatible programs, he would need a detailed readout or whatever of the One's code, which necessitates the reintegration of the code into the source.

JediHDM
WHAT?!?! the RSI is created by the mind...not the matrix...the matrix just takes what the mind gives it and renders it. the anomaly has nothing to do with incompatibility...they are all compatible...

Neo6.0
JediHDM, you have stumbled onto something I always thought was possible, too. I believe the Matrix-borns are indeed designed differently for the Matrix. They are made more immune to viruses and diseases in the Matrix or should they ever escape.

It's possible that the First One was unplanned for and once the Source route was estabilished the One was continueously cloned and his DNA altered so the Anomoly Code showed up faster. Hence Mero and his suprise at how quickly and powerful Neo had become.

About the phone tap, the Architect doesn't give a rip about the Agents. Their unwitting pawns who are suppose to filter the One from the rebels. The Architect may or may not have changed Morpheus' hideout, but other than that he just studies the population and the progress of the One. He is a diest. He built the Matrix but has nothing to do with it other than making sure the One reinsirts his code and genetic info into the Source for the next cycle. The Architect even says Neo was designed or he could just be talking about the code. Not to mention, it makes the story more believable that everything that has happened until Neo leaves the Source was the plan of the machines.

The Alpha
Was "The One" a bug or a virus?
Did "Matrix" chose "The One" from its habitants?

whatshisface
but in neo, nothing was forced into his brain, unlike bane. and somehow, all those excessive activities happening and synaptic misfirings caused some scarring. the case with neo is, it has always been neo. no alien program took over his brain. and i totally agree that he was destined to be the one because he BECAME the one... if it is not his destiny he wouldn't be the one. but my theory is that ever since thomas anderson was introduced into the matrix, his equation was already f*cked up. it was to late to stop or delete it, that is why smith was created... to delete neo therefor deleting the anomaly code before neo realizes his full potential.

and don't you think one sentinel is too much for a child, or an old woman? but still the machines sent 250,000 sentinels to zion... maybe even more. i do believe the machines keep tab on everyone but they prioritize... sort of like a pecking order, to decide which one belonged to the 1% that rejected the matrix and who belongs to the 99% that accepted the matrix.

xeous
What's to say that it isn't in everyone? What's to say that Neo is the only one that believed that he WAS the one so, he became the one. "Know thyself." He did, after Morpheus was taken and tortured. Remember, the Oricle told Morpheus that he would find 'the One'...Maybe he did, 5 times...

Perhaps the phrase 'the One' actually means the one believer(in himself)...

Sifer
Oracle is there to unbalance the equation - so therefore, she created Smith. So if she tries to unbalance everything that "he" (The Architect) does, then Neo would therefore be created by The Architect.

But anyway...

mailedbypostman
I suppose so. But still, the possibilities of everyone having the potential to be the one is...whoa. *Thinks of everyone beliving they are the one.*

xeous
The only way you can even consider that the Oricle created 'Smith the Virus' is by telling Neo what he needs to know to become the one...So I guess that she did indirectly create him...

mailedbypostman
The oracle influences alot of things.

whatshisface
yeah, she can do that...

Numo
Actually she said that Smith was the result of the Equation trying to balance itself out. So actually it is more likely that Smith was created by the Architect to balance the equation, that's his purpose.

xeous
"Smith was the result of the Equation trying to balance itself out"

Balancing itself out because of Neo...Which the Oricle infleuenced by telling:
1. Morpheus that he would find the one, thereby dedicating his life to finding Neo.
2. Telling Neo that he would have to make the choice between himself dieing or Morpheus dieing. Therefore making him realize that he was the one because of the whole death thing...

TheOne101
once again i am blownaway at the knowledge of my fellow forum mebers....whoa

MC Mike
stick out tongue You should have been here before Revolutions came out - this was happening at a rate of 20 threads a day. wacko

JediHDM
yeah...those were the days...the days that the influx of lemmings was about 50/day

TheOne101
haha hey mike can u make me a sig?

xeous
TheOne>Was that sarcasm? wink sad

mailedbypostman
Who can say?

Sifer
"You bastard!" (This means someone without a father)

"You would know mom" (Implies he has a mother)

Is the Architect female? If so....ugly ***** or what!!!! yes

sum1butno1
Yes, the RSI is created by the person.
But what IS a Residual Self Image? A mental projection of a digital self. Now, I'm not saying that this is something no one has ever heard, but I don't think the RSI is what we're making it out to be.
This is merely self-image, NOT all the code behind it. Neo and the One and the Agents aren't the only ones with code assigned to them, are they? I mean, the system needs to keep track of everyone, right?
The way I see it, there is a huge number of accounts and every individual is matched with their account by certain neural characteristics or something, which are interpreted by the machines as some kind of code. This code tells the system that whether they are just another human being who is supposed to live out their life or whether they subconciously refused to check the little box that says "Yes, I have read the terms of use and agree to become a slave". That is where the issue of choice comes in.

xeous
The arcitect also says, "If I am it's father, she is undoubtidly it's mother."

JediHDM
i totally disagree with this...if this were the case, then the agents should be able to tell when and where rebels 'sign on'...they would slaughter them as they stepped out the door...no, the RSI is contained in the mind, and it is uploaded everytime...its like a webpage...you don't just keep a cache of a webpage, you reload it... whether the page has changed or not.

MC Mike
PM me with what you want and I will. Only PMs! I don't come here often... erm

Korri
really? eek! lol j/k

sum1butno1
Yeah, I kinda do too... but still, isn't it fun to see how many messed up ways you can try to analyze and explain this stuff? I love it.

sum1butno1
Anyways, the real question is, "Was Neo designed to be the One by the machines?". I don't think he was. I think he chose to reject the authority of the matrix because he realized it only had as much power over him as he gave it, and that it was this perception that actually made him the one. But if that's the case, what is the anomaly code? Is it just a certain behavioural pattern or sequence of neural activity?

xeous
Think of it this way:

There is a bathtub...In that bathtub there is an overflow drain. The overflow drain leads to a bucket. Water is doubt. When the water reaches a certain height, it overflows into the bucket. After so long, the bucket is full of water. This bucket of water is the anomaly. Once the anomoly is emptied, so is the bathtub. The water starts to run once again.

For this reason, yes, I think that the anomoly was created by the machines. It's a way to balance everything out...

BioLogos
I don't like the idea that the machines designed Neo to be The One from birth (or whatever you call growth in a pod). However, there is one "fact" that strongly supports this idea -- this is Neo's ability to communicate with machines in the REAL world, via wireless connection (seen in all sorts of places including his ability to stop the sentinels). I don't know how this would happen except by the machines intentionally putting some kind of wireless broadcaster in his brain.

Or, is there is similar broadcaster in EVERYONE's "pod-person's" brain??? Perhaps Neo is the only one who figured out (accidently) how to use it?

sum1butno1
Xeous, I'm not sure I understand how the anomaly code can be used to balance things in your analogy.

sum1butno1
Hang on a sec... Okay, so if the amount of doubt in the matrix is proportional to the size of the resistance/number of "freed" minds, then your analogy makes sense in the context of the Architect's discussion with Neo. My apologies.

BioLogos
I'm sorry, but I'm still confused about this -- how does Neo communicate with the Source in the real world if not by some extra machinery put into his physical body? If we can agree that there IS extra hardware in his head (and I think that people have said there is), how did this machinery get there, except by the machines deciding that he was The One when he was a growing in the pod?

Alternatively, all pod people have the hardware, but only a select few (the Ones?) figure out how to use it???

Thank you to anyone who can clarify this!

JediHDM
he doesn't need extra hardware in his head...he's got the code of the anomaly...but we can still say the Machines decided he would be the One, by putting the anomaly code in his mind.

Numo
When I heard the Architect say that Neo carries a code it got me thinking: Is the function of the One to improve the matrix code inside himself in a way that the Architect cannot.

Now when he says that he is to return to the source allowing a temporary dissemination of the code he carries - does this means that his new and improved code is taken from him and the original matrix program is inserted back into him thus rendering him as normal as anyone else again...reinserting the prime program.

Answers on a postcard, please.

JediHDM
no. They take out the anomaly code, which he has undoubtedly changed through his experience, and they reinsert the original anomaly code, so that he is exactly how they want him. Somehow they remove part of his memory as well, otherwise we woulda known that there were more than one anomaly.

BioLogos
>Jedi HDM "he doesn't need extra hardware in his head...he's got the code of the anomaly...but we can still say the Machines decided he would be the One, by putting the anomaly code in his mind."

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but how could having special "code" help him communicate directly with the source in the REAL WORLD? What does "code" mean in the real world, anyway?

I mean, Neo's brain is just a brain, and although I'm sure that our brains could be wired to broadcast information over a distance, they are not naturally engineered to do this. So, either the machines wired him specifically to do this, or something about the "jack-in" machinery that is in everyone's head can be used to broadcast (and receive -- he can "see" the machine's energy) if someone exceptional like Neo can figure out how (though of course he figured it out unconsciously).

Alternatively, this is just a "suspension of disbelief" thing, but I'd be surprised.

Thanks to anyone who can straighten me out on this -- this has bothered me for a long time! Happy Dance

Numo
If this were true then Neo would have told Morpheus and Trinity of the existence of previous Ones and the Architect but he CHOSE not to, just like the previous Ones.

xeous
First off, there is nothing normal about Neo. Neo is the sum of all the doubt in the Matrix, that alone should give you an idea that he isn't "normal". Besides, how many people do you know that can "feel" machines?

Second, the code is the anomoly code. It's an abnormality(doubt) in the programming of the Matrix. No one else has it but The One...Thus the name, The One. He is the only one that can have the code extracted from his brain to reload the Matrix.

Wrong, Neo did tell Morpheud and Trin because he COULD. The choice he made by taking the door on his left led him back to the Matrix to save Trinity...None of the other One's(Oxymoron, anyone?) COULD do this because they chose the door on their right...They had no reason to attempt to save anyone because they had a deeper love for the human race than they did for any ONE (who'se counting how many times I say "one" in this reply?) person.

Numo
Sorry, you missed my point.

xeous
Glad you explained it better in the last post.

Numo
very funny, but time now is always against me.

Numo
But look just read me post again and if you still disagree with what I'm saying then We will just have to agree to disagree.

But you reasons for disagreeing with Jedi just don't make much sense. To explain it would take one of Jedi's mammoth posts but which I don't have time to do sorry.

JediHDM
The code is the way Neo's brain is wired. It is a part of him, just like a processor is a part of a computer. Without the processor, a computer is just a box sitting by your desk. If you have a wi-fi connection, but you don't have the software to use it, what good is it. Alternately, you can write a program to make a computer do something it has never been able to do before. Neo's mind is configured (for lack of a better term) in such a way to allow him to make a connection, by his brainwaves, with the Source. However, this connection brings more information than he ever imagined insanely fast, straight into his brain, which shoulda killed him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.