Another great question...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOne101
ok i was watching revos again a few days ago and then saw animatrix on sat night, the second reniassance part one a nd two...in revos i and plenty of other probly noticed that the machine breeding grounds place and the big scy scrapes of people is HUGE. in the animatrix the big scyscrapers are also HUGE. so the question comes to mind, i know that there are about 50 billon people on earth but do u think that there are like 2 or 3 other matrixes exactly like each other? like in an online game- servers=all the same just diff people. do u think the machines had to make more "servers" of the matrix because they are making to many people?

just a thought...

TheOne101
or u know how some people claim to remember past lives and stuff like that do you think when you die in the matrix the machine might just erase ur body and memory and have you reborn again and maybe even change ur appearence in the matrix(forgot what morph called it in M1). that could be a reason for people to say that ...or they just want to be on t.v?

JediHDM
50 billion people? where did you get that number from? and no, there is just one Matrix. have you ever read Le Petit Prince (The little Prince) ? if you had, you would know it is possible for billions of people to fit in a relatively small amount of space.

TheOne101
o ok that helps i guess lol thanks bro

xeous
I acutally wondered about this also. Why would they name the city 01 if there was only one of them? And how do we know for sure that there is ONE matrix? How do we not know that there are a few Matricies and a few Zion-like cities?

((The_Anomaly))
50 billion?????????????????? blink huh , theres just over 6 billion people on earth........and there is only one matrix.... yes

TheOne101
well sorry im not good with numbers lol atleast i was close...sorta.

Lil Seraph
ya got he billions number right

mook
because it shows the logic of machines

what number does 01 represent in binary?

TheOne101
dont know lol what does 01 represent??

JediHDM
it just represents 1...01 is 1, 10 is 2, 11 is three...and so on and so forth...it is similar to decimal, in that each additional digit adds another multiple of two, rather than ten. Anywho, i think they called it 01 because it just sounds better. plus, they had that cool logo, the square that was half black, half white (which is the same as off/on, which is 01)

xeous
Exactly my point, Jedi. How do the people of Zion know that there isn't a 11 or 10 somewhere else in the world? The world is a big place...

JediHDM
why do they need to expand? are they having babies? are they growing beyond their means? no. Also, they don't need to have multiple Matrices. They can keep all the people they will ever need right where they are at. It seems illogical to have multiple colonies of Machines. The originally had one city, in their country, 01, so there is no need to expand.

TheOne101
only forthe masses and masses of gowing farm places where they grow us...

sum1butno1
While it is true that the machines/programs were obviously beginning to take on some human characteristics, I'd have to agree with Jedi. The humans aren't a big enough threat to make multiple cities tactically advantageous, and if their population grows, they delete/recycle the obsolete ones. So they wouldn't really have any need to expand because even the number of humans in the matrix is probably pretty constant. However, after Revos, if they change the system, they may need to expand. Although 01 IS in the Middle East, so they could just extend it into Africa, Asia, or Europe, which gives them PLENTY of room to grow.

TheOne101
ok i got it.

Shape Shifter
*is almost afraid to say this cos u could give her a compass, map and direct instructions and id still get lost*

But isnt 01 sorta up by canada?

JediHDM
no

have you watched Animatrix? 01 is in the cradle of civilization, approximately northern Saudi Arabia.

whatshisface
if i was a machine, i'll definitely build over canada no expression

not that there's anything wrong with that...

Shape Shifter
yes i saw the animatrix and 01 was up in that direction...near america home of the *is taken out of room b4 she gets herself in toruble*

mook
in one part of '2nd R pt 1' there is a shot of 01 and it does appear to be inbetween US and Europe?!!

can someone find that shot to settle this pls?

TheOne101
its like jedi says south sudi it shwos the world then goes to europe then u see the small city in the desert of afgan or arabia.

TheOne101
ok i found a pis but dont know how to put it???

TheOne101
CAN SOME ONE HELP ME???

Shape Shifter
if u go to the official matrix site then u can download the animatrix shorts including SR part 1

Shape Shifter
which ive just watche again...goddammit i hate being wrong mad mad mad

TheOne101
lol still i still want to know how to poswt pics plz tell me

Korri
is the picture on another website?

Shape Shifter
dont look at me i dunno never tried it yet...if i did the comp would prolly blow up and take me with it

TheOne101
finally

TheOne101
and this one

TheOne101
oops

xeous
How can we see the city? The sky is clouded.

Shape Shifter
Look at Theones first picture Xeous

JediHDM
the first picture shows the general area of 01, the second shows it in more detail. in 2nd renaissance, it shows the top, then zooms in to saudi arabia and shows the bottom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.