Van Helsing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mknight666
LATEST NEWS

Added a pic of Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing.--Jackman revealed more info about the plot while speaking to the Edmonton Journal. Here's what he said: "In the original Dracula story, Van Helsing is a 60-year-old Dutch professor who's been into the occult and ends up being the Dracula hunter. But this is the 34-year-old version of him at the beginning ... a kind of mercenary of the Catholic church who is sent to kill any possessed soul. So his mission is to go to Transylvania and find out what's going on with Dracula and take him out. But he encounters a lot of monsters along the way."

--The Chigaco Sun Times talked with Hugh Jackman recently about the movie. Here's a little of what was said: "I fight Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula and a few other surprises are thrown in. It's a huge movie. Don't get me wrong. 'X 2' was a big movie, but 'Van Helsing,' my God. The sets, the action pieces--it's out of control. It's like I walked into 'Indiana Jones.' "

--Hugh Jackman talked with SciFi wire a bit about his character and all the weapons he gets: "I've got so many weapons in Van Helsing, I've lost count. I'm almost like one of those watch salesmen. I have this huge overcoat. It almost becomes a joke by the end. My ... sidekick is going, 'Well, what else do you got in there?' I pull out this crossbow, and I got this and a mace, and you name it."

Production contines to L.A. this week. Some new concept art can be seen on your right.--Release date has been pushed forward a month.--Josie Maran and Elena Anaya are set to play two of Dracula's three brides.--Variety reports that Richard Roxburgh will play Dracula.-- Variety reported that the f/x company, Industrial Light & Magic, has been tapped to create the computer-generated visuals for the film.

ragesRemorse
ok ive pissed myself after reading that. what is the movie going to be oriented with do you know? I mean like is it going to be like an action horror flick like blade or LXG? i hope not but i heard aobut this movie a while ago i htought it was another rumor but now im going to be looking forward to this flick

mknight666
Well I posted all that the DS Forum had on it. I think it's like a horror/fantasy movie. It looks like it's going to good. Here's another pic I got...

Tired Hiker
I can't wait to see this movie. I wish I could freeze myself and then thaw out on it's release date just to make the wait seem shorter.

mknight666
laughing out loud Yea, I think this movie is going to rock!

TMWATA
i asked one of my frineds if he knew who van helsing was an he said no...............why are my frineds such cinamatic fools

RebelPhoenix
I'm really looking to this - I love dark movies but I just hope it does justice to all three characters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Werewholfe) and doesn't end up like the whole Freddy vs Jason movie which didn't do anything for me at all. I also hope Kate get's a strong female role like in Underworld.

BackFire
I believe this film will suck as bad as Queen of the Damned. Don't ask me why, just a feeling I have.

Lord Soth
It's not a horror movie. This thread doesn't belong here. Van Helsing is an action movie. Horror characters do not automatically make a movie Horror

Cinemaddiction
Think we can cut the guy some slack. Especially when themovie gets alot of press on both BloodyDisgusting and Fangoria's homepages.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to it. As mentioned before, it's sort of LXG-ish, and I liked that movie alot. Heres to hoping CGI doesn't ruin the film.

Lord Soth
I like comparing it to the Mummy more (the 1999 version) seeing as it's the same director and it has a very similar style. LXG, no matter how good it seemed, had its faults. The Mummy was great. I'm really looking forward to Van Helsing, it looks like a kick-ass movie that finally brings the literary legend to screen. It has one of my fave writer/directors, and one of my fave actors, AND Kate Beckinsale, who is w/o a doubt hott as hell

dannyh321
http://joblo.com/big-poster-images/postervanhelsing.jpg

Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein's monster, Hugh Jackman in a long coat....

Who thinks that this has all the makings of being the film of the year?

Cinemaddiction
May want to post your thoughts in the other "Van Helsing" thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9872&highlight=van+helsing

HockeyFace
Why does Van Helsing have to be young? IT takes away the aurora surrounding the best character in the Dracula novel.

zombieman
Maybe but in the Dracula novels you get the impression that he very experienced in slaying vampires, this movie will show us how he got a lot of that experience.

Lord Soth
Maybe not movie of the year (too bad that Spider-Man 2 had to come out in the same year) but it will certainly be the resident blockbuster for a time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.