KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Van Helsing

Van Helsing
Started by: mknight666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mknight666

Warning New Van Helsing Movie~!

LATEST NEWS

Added a pic of Hugh Jackman as Van Helsing.--Jackman revealed more info about the plot while speaking to the Edmonton Journal. Here's what he said: "In the original Dracula story, Van Helsing is a 60-year-old Dutch professor who's been into the occult and ends up being the Dracula hunter. But this is the 34-year-old version of him at the beginning ... a kind of mercenary of the Catholic church who is sent to kill any possessed soul. So his mission is to go to Transylvania and find out what's going on with Dracula and take him out. But he encounters a lot of monsters along the way."

--The Chigaco Sun Times talked with Hugh Jackman recently about the movie. Here's a little of what was said: "I fight Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula and a few other surprises are thrown in. It's a huge movie. Don't get me wrong. 'X 2' was a big movie, but 'Van Helsing,' my God. The sets, the action pieces--it's out of control. It's like I walked into 'Indiana Jones.' "

--Hugh Jackman talked with SciFi wire a bit about his character and all the weapons he gets: "I've got so many weapons in Van Helsing, I've lost count. I'm almost like one of those watch salesmen. I have this huge overcoat. It almost becomes a joke by the end. My ... sidekick is going, 'Well, what else do you got in there?' I pull out this crossbow, and I got this and a mace, and you name it."

Production contines to L.A. this week. Some new concept art can be seen on your right.--Release date has been pushed forward a month.--Josie Maran and Elena Anaya are set to play two of Dracula's three brides.--Variety reports that Richard Roxburgh will play Dracula.-- Variety reported that the f/x company, Industrial Light & Magic, has been tapped to create the computer-generated visuals for the film.

[InfoFromDSforum---arborwood.com/awforums/show-toparea-1.php?fid=8091&taid=1]

Attachment: helsing.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 11:25 AM
mknight666 is currently offline Click here to Send mknight666 a Private Message Find more posts by mknight666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

ok ive pissed myself after reading that. what is the movie going to be oriented with do you know? I mean like is it going to be like an action horror flick like blade or LXG? i hope not but i heard aobut this movie a while ago i htought it was another rumor but now im going to be looking forward to this flick

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 11:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mknight666

Well I posted all that the DS Forum had on it. I think it's like a horror/fantasy movie. It looks like it's going to good. Here's another pic I got...

Attachment: helsingii.jpg
This has been downloaded 81 time(s).

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:57 PM
mknight666 is currently offline Click here to Send mknight666 a Private Message Find more posts by mknight666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I can't wait to see this movie. I wish I could freeze myself and then thaw out on it's release date just to make the wait seem shorter.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 01:56 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mknight666

laughing out loud Yea, I think this movie is going to rock!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 07:12 PM
TMWATA
Rachel Leigh Cook is god

i asked one of my frineds if he knew who van helsing was an he said no...............why are my frineds such cinamatic fools

"What you just think because a guy reads comics he cant start some shit, come on ill take all of you on"-Mallrats.

"Whats a nubian!!"-Chasing Amy.

"****in' "Breakfast Club," where all these stupid kids actually show up for detention. ****in' "Weird Science," where this chick wants to take her gear off and get down, but oh no, she don't 'cause it's a PG movie."-Dogma.

"We came to Hollywood, I fell in love. ****, we got shot at, we stole a monkey, and I got punched in the mother****ing nuts by a guy named Cock Knocker"-Jay and silent Bob strike back.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2003 07:26 PM
TMWATA is currently offline Click here to Send TMWATA a Private Message Find more posts by TMWATA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

I'm really looking to this - I love dark movies but I just hope it does justice to all three characters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Werewholfe) and doesn't end up like the whole Freddy vs Jason movie which didn't do anything for me at all. I also hope Kate get's a strong female role like in Underworld.

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 08:03 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I believe this film will suck as bad as Queen of the Damned. Don't ask me why, just a feeling I have.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 08:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by mknight666
Well I posted all that the DS Forum had on it. I think it's like a horror/fantasy movie. It looks like it's going to good. Here's another pic I got...
It's not a horror movie. This thread doesn't belong here. Van Helsing is an action movie. Horror characters do not automatically make a movie Horror

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 06:57 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Think we can cut the guy some slack. Especially when themovie gets alot of press on both BloodyDisgusting and Fangoria's homepages.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to it. As mentioned before, it's sort of LXG-ish, and I liked that movie alot. Heres to hoping CGI doesn't ruin the film.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 07:17 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I like comparing it to the Mummy more (the 1999 version) seeing as it's the same director and it has a very similar style. LXG, no matter how good it seemed, had its faults. The Mummy was great. I'm really looking forward to Van Helsing, it looks like a kick-ass movie that finally brings the literary legend to screen. It has one of my fave writer/directors, and one of my fave actors, AND Kate Beckinsale, who is w/o a doubt hott as hell

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2004 07:32 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dannyh321

Van Helsing

(please log in to view the image)

Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein's monster, Hugh Jackman in a long coat....

Who thinks that this has all the makings of being the film of the year?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 10:17 PM
dannyh321 is currently offline Click here to Send dannyh321 a Private Message Find more posts by dannyh321 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

May want to post your thoughts in the other "Van Helsing" thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ght=van+helsing

Old Post Apr 19th, 2004 10:22 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HockeyFace

Why does Van Helsing have to be young? IT takes away the aurora surrounding the best character in the Dracula novel.

Dr. Loomis: "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DEATH IS!"

Halloween II

Old Post Apr 20th, 2004 12:52 AM
HockeyFace is currently offline Click here to Send HockeyFace a Private Message Find more posts by HockeyFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Maybe but in the Dracula novels you get the impression that he very experienced in slaying vampires, this movie will show us how he got a lot of that experience.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 09:10 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Re: Van Helsing

quote:
Originally posted by dannyh321
Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein's monster, Hugh Jackman in a long coat....

Who thinks that this has all the makings of being the film of the year?
Maybe not movie of the year (too bad that Spider-Man 2 had to come out in the same year) but it will certainly be the resident blockbuster for a time

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 06:16 AM