Your first time...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
...seeing or hearing about "The Matrix." Did you research it after you saw a trailer for the first one in theaters in 1998? Did you only really look for it when the two sequals were announced? Did you see Reloaded before the original? Share your stories here smile

Mine:
My family was watching ET sometime early 1999, and I was 11. I saw the whole idea of babies being grown, and the world isn't real, and that was so cool to me, but I forgot the name of it. Probably a year later, I was flipping on HBO and I found it in mid-movie, it displayed some corny info saying "Neo, the computer hacker, finds the world to be a lie, and he adventures to find the truth about The One" or something like that... it was on around 3am again and I made my dad tape it. It was also my first DVD when we got a dvd player, and well, the addiction has been fed ever since stick out tongue

Korri
I had heard about it and heard it was good but i didnt get to see it until it came out on DVD because i was only 10 at the time sad

The 1st Smith
I stupidly bought the 2nd one first i watched it and a couple of days later i bought the first.The i got revolutions on day of release.

Korri
thats not stupid its just......different stick out tongue

The 1st Smith
If you say so

Korri
that i do no expression

The 1st Smith
ok yes

Korri
smile anything else?

The Ones
my freind made me watch it then i was addicted to it, i even snuck into the cinema to see reloaded and revolutions because i was only 14

Korri
i did that too heehee...

The 1st Smith
I very nealy went to watch reloded on the worlds biggest movie screen.But they wouldnt let me in as i was only 13.blowup

Korri
omg i would love to see that on the world biggest movie screen drool

The Ones
i saw revolutions on the worlds biggest movie screen, the projecter got busted and we had to wait 20 minutes for them to fix it

The 1st Smith
me tooooooooooooooo.

Korri
that sucks sad

The 1st Smith
i know

The 1st Smith
The suspense omg

Korri
lmao yeah

The Ones
and it was just before the superbrawl, i WAS YELLING LIKE HELL

Korri
jesus christ! mad

The Ones
i know

Korri
i hope they gave you a refund mad

The Ones
they didnt

Agent Elrond
Alright, the first time I saw a trailer for The Matrix, I remembered looking up the word "Matrix" on my comp, some crappy Mac with a crappy dic, and it had something to do with math I didn't understand. We just finished Matrices in math so that little piece of unknowing what a matrix is is over. That's all I remember.

Shape Shifter
i saw the first one when my bro dragged me to the cinema cos they wouldnt let him in without a 'responsible' adult (hahaha yeah right, lets just say they didnt know me personally) and I'll admit at first i didn't like it cos *looks around to make sure Korri isnt near by* Keanu Reeves was in and i dont like him (cept in bill&ted) but when i went the second time i paid attention to what the film was about...wasnt until i saw the second one (with my Roland) that i actually started getting into them...u see, having a good looking guy in films makes people want to see them more (or is that more of them...the guy i meanwink

sith_darth_jay
i saw the matrix trailer when i went to see some movie, i think it was "i still know WYDLS", i was blown away by it, but inmediatly afterwards the episode I trailer came out, and i forgot everything about it (the matrix)

i didn't see matrix when it was realesed, instead i saw Episode I. like a month after that, a cinema was showing both Episode I and The Matrix, it was my 4th time seeing Episode I (big SW fan in case you haven't noticed), but i forgot all about it when i saw the matrix::: the FX, bullet time, fights and specially the story make me a fan....then the movie was over and i saw EI again big grin

i've been a fan ever since

JediHDM
i admit, i was a late comer to the matrix crowd...I didn't see the Matrix until it came out on pay-per-view. I watched it like three times in a row that first time, got the DVD when it came out, you know the stuff...but i didn't really become an uber-fan like i am now until reloaded came out. And here i am today big grin

The Ones
yes, im a huge Matrix fan

Korri
that sucks ass! mad

The 1st Smith
Actually i my first experiance of the matrix was when i played enter the matrix.after that i was hooked.

Korri
well thats a completely different can of worms stick out tongue

The Alpha
I first saw "The Matrix" through cable network at my Aunt's home accidently. I was searching different channels on their TV when I suddenly got "Trinity's Raven Kick" on screen. It was dubbed in Hindi Language. So I was not able to understand it completely. When I got back home, I rented the SVCD and wathced it 3 times the same day.

Korri
all last summer i watched it every day embarrasment

The Omega
Sometime in the beginning of 1999 I was ICQ-chatting with a friend of mine from the states, who was running around, arms flailing, shouting praise about "this new movie" called the Matrix which I absolutely HAD to see when it got to Denmark.
At the time I hadn't even heard about it, but a few weeks later it opened in the Danish cinemas and it blew my mind.

sauron
eek! omega i havent seen you post in foooorever stick out tongue

well never seen new post then you who made it

yes...there is no point in this embarrasment lol laughing so i will fare thee well

The Omega
Sauron> I'm a very very busy coppertop these days. And I DO mean - I wish there were 36 hours to a day kinda busy...
Yet, I still manage to make my humble contributions... yes

dragonpisces272
the first time i saw the matrix i was just...blink at the story stick out tongue

JediHDM
Omega> lol...i know how you feel...

whatshisface
the only trailer i saw about the matrix is when neo was doin the bullet time on the roof top and then a voice over: "unfortunately no one can be told what the matrix is..." fade to black then www.whatisthematrix.com. when i saw the uber karate kid kick trin did to the cop i knew i was hooked.

VenomVA
I saw the trailer for The Matrix and first thing that came to mind was Dark City with Keifer Sutherland. I didn't think much of it from the trailer but then I saw the HBO first look with my brother on Thursday and when we saw that we both took the day off from work and then went to see the first showing of it that Friday (the next day). We returned that Sunday to see it again and I was hooked. Like Kozzy it was my VERY First DVD after getting my PS2 big grin

I stumbled onto here shortly after watching Reloaded and have been a junkie ever since big grin The rest is history smile

Korri
we can still be friends no expression

xxphreakxx
i remember when the matrix came out and i wasnt allowed to see it while my brother was giving me crap about bein too young... anyway when it came out i bought the video (we had no dvd player) then when we got a dvd player i bought the dvd... yeah... my life story

Korri
laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.