Sasquasch vs. The Thing, a virtual standstill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Both are the same strength level, i believe. Right around 90 tons.
I think this would be one of the coolest looking fights in marvels strength battles.
They could duke it out over which country Wolverine has to stay in.
Perhaps it would be decided by environment. In the city, The Thing conquers, but in the woods, Sasquasch strangles Ben. I dunno.

Wynndar
they fought a long time ago...Sasquatch dominated most of the fight...back then i think he was stronger than the thing...but in the infinity war, sasquatch admitted "Im no where near as strong as Grimm"....just more evidence of the thing's strength increasing....I think presently Thing would hand him his head

Maelstrom
I like Sasquatch, there's something realistic about him that doesn't exist in all the other marvel characters. I'd like to see marvel bring back Mactaggert and have her island guarded by a superhero mutant dragon called Lock Ness.
*Edited- not too random, that something about Sasquatch is the real possibility of sightings in our world, like Loch Ness. *End of Edit

Wynndar
hahaha...that was random....but yea Mactaggert had a cool story and setting....thats what makes the x-men stories so superiorally interesting over anything else.

Linkalicious
Ben Grim would whoop his ass. When push comes to shove...Ben starts ripping hair out like a girl fight, and eventually it takes it's toll on Sasquatch. Then he lights up a cigar, says some racist comment about Canadians...and has a laugh.

Wynndar
hahahaha....i doubt the Thing would say something racist....little known fact is that he is jewish...but since he smokes cigars, he probably would say something racist about Canadians and their weird flapping heads and beady eyes....hahaha

Linkalicious
oh, as stated in a previous thread, Grimm would only say something racist because racist comments make cigars taste SOOO much better.

Irish Wolverine
I know plenty of racist Jews.

VENOMfan
the Thing, and X-men haveing superior Interesting? Well Im all for variety but X-men never really appealed to me. I stick with Spidey and Venom. If I had the funds to branch out Id start with DareDevil Ive really wanted to follow that franchise. then the X-men, then Hulk, then Avengers bla bla bla So on and so forth

Wynndar
no i was not referring to the thing....i was referrring to X-men in the mid 80's when Mactaggart was a frequent character.....it is only an opinion to call a comic more interesting....however, the sales spoke for themsleves and venom had just appeared at this time anyway...but the x-men were far dominant comic of that time.

VENOMfan
I know what your saying, back in the day X-men were taking in most of the profits.reminds me of all the headings on the Spiderman comics...cant recall any right now tho

Its totally cool haveing differnt preferences, it keeps things varid

Wynndar
yea so whats ur opinion about this thread?

VENOMfan
If its the Thing vs Sasquach Im pretty sure Thing ould come out on top, just cuase he has increased his strength and is quite a skilled hand to hand fighter

Maelstrom
it'd be cool to see Sasquatch and Wolverine working together. Both are Canadians and former department x agents. Both are associated with the canadian frontier.
I'll take Sasquatch on this one. He has a longer reach and seems to have gone toe to toe with more of the big powerhouses than the Thing. The Thing usually fights the odds in F.F.
Recently Sasquatch knocked Juggernaut on his ass in X - men. Course Juggernaut got back and finished it or whatnot.
Still the Thing is brick and it would take a severe trauma to rattle him.
Sasquatch would have to land punch after punch while having him pinned against some sort of anvil to really damage the Thing.

Linkalicious
Grimm's awesome because of his commentary while he's fighting.

Wynndar
not fought the type of powerhouses as the Thing?....r u serious...do u read comics?...Sasquatch has not been in nearly as many battles as the Thing...Thing fights cosmic beings....Sasqautch fights people who go camping in the woods...pleaase...Sasquatch fought Hulk once...got his @ss kicked....fought the thing when he was only like superhuman 50....and he didnt even win....and recently fought the severely downgraded juggernaut and still lost....heres a list of people the thing has gone toe-to toe with one on one: (in order of power)

The Beyonder!
Champion of the universe
Thanos (once with Thor and once without)
Occulus
Gladiator
Doctor Doom
Terrax
Graviton
Hulk
The entire Shiar emperial guard
Black Bolt
Annihilus
Juggernaut
Super Skrull
Hercules
Blastaar
Wonderman
She-Hulk
Titania
Absorbing Man
The Wrecker
Sasquatch
Rhino

Maelstrom
Sorry, helps me to know the Thing has indeed fought powerhouses but i didn't doubt that. What i mean is that Sasquatch is used more as the Strong guy in fights against other teams with strong guys. The Thing spends lots of his time defending the F.F. from assults. He is often faceing overwhealming circustances where his strength is used to even the odds rather than toe. to .toe slug fests like Colossus has or Sasquatch. Whenever the Thing, who has the longest history in marvel, goes toe. to toe its a big deal.
The others do it all the time. Whatever Sasquatch's power level used to be he is now at least 90 ton. He is no longer the tolken spiderman like strong guy. It wouldn't be a match like a 60 ton against a 90 ton.
No i don't know who Sasquatch has fought, but when Alpha flight made appearences he would always stand toe to toe with the big guy. He has grown in strength and character.
Dr. Langowski is a cool character as well. I just started collecting the new alpha flight. They have a rad team and i hope this canadian team becomes as popular as wolverine is.
Look out behind the tallest trees...bigfoot may be watching you!

Linkalicious
Huh? You do realize Thing has his own comic series right? what do you think he does in that series? just fight mediocre baddies?

Thing has fought more toe.to.toe matches with powerhouses than Sasquatch has even made appearances in comics.

KharmaDog
I'd give it to sasquatch for two reasons:

1. Not only is he big, strong and fast, but he's a genius, so I'm sure he could outwit Grimm, say what you will, but a smart fighter always beats a street fighter (holyfield proved that in real life against tyson)

2. I'm a canuck, and it wouuld be unpatriotic to not side with the home team

Mane
well, those are two very queer reasons. The THing wins this one

Tron
Well that's not always the case, if you remember Professor Hulk fighting a red-headed construction worker who he couldn't quite recognize (Juggernaut of course). Sometimes it's brains, sometimes it's power, sometimes it's skill.

who?-kid
And sometimes it's bad writing.

Wynndar
yea maybe in that case...didnt peter david write that issue though....i still thought it was interesting
....neway...Thing still wins

crazyspinz
thing would win for 2 simple reasons,
1 he has way more experiance
2 he is way more durable, sasquach is like fluffy, and the thing is rock hard

juggernaut74
sasquatch is one tough mofo but thing takes this one.

JuggernautFan
i'm with you in thinking thing has more experience, and would pull out a victory (very close mind you) but gone toe to toe with this list of people?? as i recall most of the people on that list whipped his ass. but thier are a few i havnt seen. could you provide me with some issue numbers???

Absorbing man
wonderman
rhino
champion of the universe (i'm farmiliar with the story, but dont have the issue number)
gladiator
hercules

any information on thing vs. the above opponents would be nice.

but again i say half the list whipped him. -atleast-

Wynndar
i would say Gladiator, Thanos, and Jugs (awful writing) soundly beat him....as for the rest...he recently beat down Blastaar and two of his lackeys, the Wrecker...and went at it with black bolt in his own Thing comic...
here are some others u were interested in:
thing soundly beats wonderman and then she hulk consecutively

Wynndar
wait...1 sec

Wynndar
thing soundly beats wonderman and then she hulk consecutively:thing vs wonderman and shehulk

thing easily beats the Rhino

thing beats the beyonder

i think he fights absorbing man, titania, and she hulk under mind control in this one

thing vs Galdiator

Thing and everyone else vs Champion

...I can't find one of his other wonderman fights or his herc fight...they were not in FF books... but i may get back to u on them

JuggernautFan
well i know that gladiator beats up thing in the issue you provide, i thought you said toe - to - toe???

i'm going to check into the rhino/thing fight. its one i have often wondered about.

thanks for the links, very helpful.

JuggernautFan
also the beyonder would beat the crap outta thing. and of coarse its bad writing for juggernaut cause he did something impressive smile

Wynndar
the Thing was the first person Gladiator met on Earth....and they did go toe to toe...you dont sound like uve read it...and about Jugs vs THing...Thing fought Jugs under the assumption that he was 100x stronger than he actually was, Jugs surprised him...at 100x Thing would walk right through Jugs, thats why he fought him so casually...I dont think there is anything impressive about that at all, in fact i dont see how anything a cowardly character like Jugs has ever done could be considered impressive smile smile ...but Im sorry if he was your favorite character on x-men the animated series

JuggernautFan
it still doesnt say much for things durability cause juggernaut took him out with 3 punchs. yes i do understand about thing thinking he was 100x stronger, but it doesnt change the fact he is no match for juggernaut smile

actually, i started liking juggernaut when i purhcased incredible hulk 402. and apocalypse was my favorite character on the 90s cartoons. much more formidable vs. his comic book counterpart. he was wiping out all of reality, and had he not threw bishop off coarse in the time travel stream on accident, he would have succeeded in re-creating reality to his will/liking.

that and cable/x-men couldnt even scratch him.

Tron
I wouldn't call someone that challenges Eternity a coward. Stupid, but not a coward.

who?-kid
If it's the same story that I have in mind, Thing and other heroes had to fight the Champion of the Universe because otherwise, the champ would destroy Earth (or something like that).

It's a long time ago I read that story, but it's still not long enough, because it was one of the crappiest stories ever. It's only purpose was to make Thing more popular.

Wynndar
it took place in marvel two in one annual, it was practically Things own comic book...and i still think secret wars II was one of the worst written series ever...

Tron
Right in there with Onslaughtwink

JuggernautFan
onslaught wasnt that bad *unless you are a juggernaut fan*. otherwise i thought it was pretty cool. but i'll be damed, i hated the books with "the unsotppable" on the cover.

juggernaut was treated unfairly. but anyway, thing still pulls out a victory.

Tron
There too too many inconsistencies in that series for me, just my opinion though.

KharmaDog
Does anyone know where this pic appeared, cause it looks like Saquatch has laid a beating to Thing.

Wynndar
i think it was when they teamed up to fight a greater foe...im not sure though but i can find out

Wynndar
i think it was from Marvel two in one #84 when Thing and Alpha flight fought Ranark the Ravager...I have #83 where thing and sasquatch fight and that picture is not from there

juggernaut74
So who won the fight between Sasquatch and thing?

Wynndar
Sasquatch had the strength advantage and kept hitting him and hittin him...Thing just kept getting up and coming for him and eventually made a comeback...Sasquatch said in his head that the Thing left him in just as bad shape as the Hulk...then the Ravager appeared, they stopped fighting. by the way, this fight took place before the thing could even lift 50 tons...years later in the infinity wars when sasquatch nearly had to fight the Thing he said: "Im nowhere near as strong as Grimm"...fortunately for Squatch, i think moondragon knocked Thing out with a psi blast

muffin man
Sasquatch higher IQ

K3VIL
The limits of this resistance are not known, but he has, for instance, withstood armor-piercing machine gun fire.So he's not fluffy.He's not a big peluche, but anyway in hand to hand combat Benji is more skilled, so i give this to him.

snoopdogg
In Alpha Flight #94 Sasquatch and Thing fight and Thing gets pounded pretty bad. The catch was it was a robot of him or something I havent read it in awhile Ill have to dig it out and reread it. But I think it would be a close battle in the end Thing will win I think although Sasquatch is as smart at Reed so who knows.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by snoopdogg
In Alpha Flight #94 Sasquatch and Thing fight and Thing gets pounded pretty bad. The catch was it was a robot of him or something I havent read it in awhile Ill have to dig it out and reread it. But I think it would be a close battle in the end Thing will win I think although Sasquatch is as smart at Reed so who knows.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Hello! As smart as Reed?

olympian
Sasquatch when first appeared was stronger than Ben. That last pic is of that time. Recently and since some time ago Ben was powered up to class 100 and Sasquatch seemed a bit below ( practically since Byrne left Alpha Flight, he was the one who made Sas that strong ).

Infinity Crusade had Sasquatch admiting Thing was stronger now.

I like Sasquatch alot more tho.

And Ben did fough all those guys in that list, that doesnt mean he won or was close of winning. The only time i recall him figthing Herc they wer throwing building parts at each other and then the fight stopped.

Wich is in here. The pages are a bit out of order but still.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050711234239

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.