KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sasquasch vs. The Thing, a virtual standstill

Sasquasch vs. The Thing, a virtual standstill
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Sasquasch vs. The Thing, a virtual standstill

Both are the same strength level, i believe. Right around 90 tons.
I think this would be one of the coolest looking fights in marvels strength battles.
They could duke it out over which country Wolverine has to stay in.
Perhaps it would be decided by environment. In the city, The Thing conquers, but in the woods, Sasquasch strangles Ben. I dunno.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 17th, 2004 05:51 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

they fought a long time ago...Sasquatch dominated most of the fight...back then i think he was stronger than the thing...but in the infinity war, sasquatch admitted "Im no where near as strong as Grimm"....just more evidence of the thing's strength increasing....I think presently Thing would hand him his head

Old Post May 17th, 2004 05:55 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

I like Sasquatch, there's something realistic about him that doesn't exist in all the other marvel characters. I'd like to see marvel bring back Mactaggert and have her island guarded by a superhero mutant dragon called Lock Ness.
*Edited- not too random, that something about Sasquatch is the real possibility of sightings in our world, like Loch Ness. *End of Edit

Last edited by Wonder Man on May 17th, 2004 at 06:08 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2004 06:00 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

hahaha...that was random....but yea Mactaggert had a cool story and setting....thats what makes the x-men stories so superiorally interesting over anything else.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 06:03 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Ben Grim would whoop his ass. When push comes to shove...Ben starts ripping hair out like a girl fight, and eventually it takes it's toll on Sasquatch. Then he lights up a cigar, says some racist comment about Canadians...and has a laugh.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 06:12 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

hahahaha....i doubt the Thing would say something racist....little known fact is that he is jewish...but since he smokes cigars, he probably would say something racist about Canadians and their weird flapping heads and beady eyes....hahaha

Old Post May 17th, 2004 06:15 PM
Linkalicious

oh, as stated in a previous thread, Grimm would only say something racist because racist comments make cigars taste SOOO much better.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 06:31 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Irish Wolverine

I know plenty of racist Jews.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 08:05 PM
Irish Wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send Irish Wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by Irish Wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

the Thing, and X-men haveing superior Interesting? Well Im all for variety but X-men never really appealed to me. I stick with Spidey and Venom. If I had the funds to branch out Id start with DareDevil Ive really wanted to follow that franchise. then the X-men, then Hulk, then Avengers bla bla bla So on and so forth

Old Post May 17th, 2004 08:15 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

no i was not referring to the thing....i was referrring to X-men in the mid 80's when Mactaggart was a frequent character.....it is only an opinion to call a comic more interesting....however, the sales spoke for themsleves and venom had just appeared at this time anyway...but the x-men were far dominant comic of that time.

Old Post May 17th, 2004 08:45 PM
Marcellus
executioner

I know what your saying, back in the day X-men were taking in most of the profits.reminds me of all the headings on the Spiderman comics...cant recall any right now tho

Its totally cool haveing differnt preferences, it keeps things varid

Old Post May 17th, 2004 09:24 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

yea so whats ur opinion about this thread?

Old Post May 17th, 2004 11:36 PM
Marcellus
executioner

If its the Thing vs Sasquach Im pretty sure Thing ould come out on top, just cuase he has increased his strength and is quite a skilled hand to hand fighter

Old Post May 18th, 2004 01:05 AM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

it'd be cool to see Sasquatch and Wolverine working together. Both are Canadians and former department x agents. Both are associated with the canadian frontier.
I'll take Sasquatch on this one. He has a longer reach and seems to have gone toe to toe with more of the big powerhouses than the Thing. The Thing usually fights the odds in F.F.
Recently Sasquatch knocked Juggernaut on his ass in X - men. Course Juggernaut got back and finished it or whatnot.
Still the Thing is brick and it would take a severe trauma to rattle him.
Sasquatch would have to land punch after punch while having him pinned against some sort of anvil to really damage the Thing.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 03:07 PM
Linkalicious

Grimm's awesome because of his commentary while he's fighting.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 04:43 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

not fought the type of powerhouses as the Thing?....r u serious...do u read comics?...Sasquatch has not been in nearly as many battles as the Thing...Thing fights cosmic beings....Sasqautch fights people who go camping in the woods...pleaase...Sasquatch fought Hulk once...got his @ss kicked....fought the thing when he was only like superhuman 50....and he didnt even win....and recently fought the severely downgraded juggernaut and still lost....heres a list of people the thing has gone toe-to toe with one on one: (in order of power)

The Beyonder!
Champion of the universe
Thanos (once with Thor and once without)
Occulus
Gladiator
Doctor Doom
Terrax
Graviton
Hulk
The entire Shiar emperial guard
Black Bolt
Annihilus
Juggernaut
Super Skrull
Hercules
Blastaar
Wonderman
She-Hulk
Titania
Absorbing Man
The Wrecker
Sasquatch
Rhino

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:30 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Sorry, helps me to know the Thing has indeed fought powerhouses but i didn't doubt that. What i mean is that Sasquatch is used more as the Strong guy in fights against other teams with strong guys. The Thing spends lots of his time defending the F.F. from assults. He is often faceing overwhealming circustances where his strength is used to even the odds rather than toe. to .toe slug fests like Colossus has or Sasquatch. Whenever the Thing, who has the longest history in marvel, goes toe. to toe its a big deal.
The others do it all the time. Whatever Sasquatch's power level used to be he is now at least 90 ton. He is no longer the tolken spiderman like strong guy. It wouldn't be a match like a 60 ton against a 90 ton.
No i don't know who Sasquatch has fought, but when Alpha flight made appearences he would always stand toe to toe with the big guy. He has grown in strength and character.
Dr. Langowski is a cool character as well. I just started collecting the new alpha flight. They have a rad team and i hope this canadian team becomes as popular as wolverine is.
Look out behind the tallest trees...bigfoot may be watching you!

Old Post May 19th, 2004 04:48 PM
Linkalicious

Huh? You do realize Thing has his own comic series right? what do you think he does in that series? just fight mediocre baddies?

Thing has fought more toe.to.toe matches with powerhouses than Sasquatch has even made appearances in comics.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 04:53 PM
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

I'd give it to sasquatch for two reasons:

1. Not only is he big, strong and fast, but he's a genius, so I'm sure he could outwit Grimm, say what you will, but a smart fighter always beats a street fighter (holyfield proved that in real life against tyson)

2. I'm a canuck, and it wouuld be unpatriotic to not side with the home team

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 03:51 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, those are two very queer reasons. The THing wins this one

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2004 04:09 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote