Velvet Underground

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ikobe
They are cool. Discuss. (:

mah
Yes, yes they are.

Corlindel
They were a great, beautiful and perverted band smile

I enjoy a lot Nico's songs with VU.

Think_Souls
They were the first noise band...............precursor to punk...........rewad please kuill me......theyhave the first half of the book.it's the un abrieved version of the punk early days....just abinch of interviews.its funny.sick.beutiful......pure genius

SeptemberRain
THe Velvet Underground is agreat band. They werent very popular in the 70's because they were ahead of their time.

Think_Souls
they were realy the 60's, they were a cult band....they really started all the bands you know....The new york dools....iggy.....Nico....Ramones

SeptemberRain
my bad, i thought they were both 60's and 70's, but they basically were the starters of punk, right?

mah
Loaded was released in 1970.

And yes, they were higly influential on rock as a whole.

plenTpak52
It's really too bad. They were a great band, you just never hear their name anymore

razzle_dazzle
yeah i know what you mean. i'm 12 and have grown up listening to them. my dad loves them...i've been hearing quite a bit about lou reed at the moment though.

mah
You do hear about them now though..They're on all those " Best albums" lists and Vu & Nico was recently re-released in a special edition.

plenTpak52
No I don't

mah
Then you are just watching mtv and reading billboard charts.

plenTpak52
No I'm not

JimMorrison227
The Velvet Underground and Nico is number 13 on Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time. Loaded is 109, White Light/White Heat is 292, and The Velvet Underground is 314.....

Korri
oh god yeah..

blalocklover
Guy, first there is the peel slowly and see edition with 4 releases and 2 cds with raw material. With this box you have all you want.
VU and Nico is from 67 or 69's and is one of the most influential ones.
Lou Reed was pointed by some magazine as the grandpa of punk and their second album (WL/WH) is the precursor of white noise.

Perhaps we all wish to had the chance to see them (VU) alive, but it could be like too much.

Vu and Nico is amazing (take sunday morning as an example)

jaden101
Originally posted by Ikobe
They are cool. Discuss. (:

what is there to discuss...velvet underground as gods among us mere imperfect humans

Victor Von Doom
VU and Nico is a brilliant album. I like most of their stuff but that is what makes them a great band in my opinion.

blalocklover
Originally posted by jaden101
what is there to discuss...velvet underground as gods among us mere imperfect humans

You said it Pray VU, pray Lou and Street Hassle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.