KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Velvet Underground

Velvet Underground
Started by: Ikobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

Smile Velvet Underground

They are cool. Discuss. (:

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 10:48 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Yes, yes they are.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:13 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

They were a great, beautiful and perverted band smile

I enjoy a lot Nico's songs with VU.

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post May 25th, 2004 11:57 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Think_Souls
The All In One

They were the first noise band...............precursor to punk...........rewad please kuill me......theyhave the first half of the book.it's the un abrieved version of the punk early days....just abinch of interviews.its funny.sick.beutiful......pure genius

Old Post May 26th, 2004 01:24 AM
Think_Souls is currently offline Click here to Send Think_Souls a Private Message Find more posts by Think_Souls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

THe Velvet Underground is agreat band. They werent very popular in the 70's because they were ahead of their time.

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 03:21 AM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Think_Souls
The All In One

they were realy the 60's, they were a cult band....they really started all the bands you know....The new york dools....iggy.....Nico....Ramones

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:02 AM
Think_Souls is currently offline Click here to Send Think_Souls a Private Message Find more posts by Think_Souls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SeptemberRain
Killer

my bad, i thought they were both 60's and 70's, but they basically were the starters of punk, right?

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 05:12 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Loaded was released in 1970.

And yes, they were higly influential on rock as a whole.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 07:28 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

It's really too bad. They were a great band, you just never hear their name anymore

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 09:46 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fuct_up_kid
Trash Flavoured Trash

yeah i know what you mean. i'm 12 and have grown up listening to them. my dad loves them...i've been hearing quite a bit about lou reed at the moment though.

I hate to break this to you, but being a coward is not a legitimate career

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 10:51 AM
fuct_up_kid is currently offline Click here to Send fuct_up_kid a Private Message Find more posts by fuct_up_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

You do hear about them now though..They're on all those " Best albums" lists and Vu & Nico was recently re-released in a special edition.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 02:31 PM
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

No I don't

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 09:59 PM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Then you are just watching mtv and reading billboard charts.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 11:31 PM
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

No I'm not

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 08:35 PM
JimMorrison227
What A Wonderful World

The Velvet Underground and Nico is number 13 on Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time. Loaded is 109, White Light/White Heat is 292, and The Velvet Underground is 314.....

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 03:38 PM
JimMorrison227 is currently offline Click here to Send JimMorrison227 a Private Message Find more posts by JimMorrison227 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

oh god yeah..

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 07:42 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

Guy, first there is the peel slowly and see edition with 4 releases and 2 cds with raw material. With this box you have all you want.
VU and Nico is from 67 or 69's and is one of the most influential ones.
Lou Reed was pointed by some magazine as the grandpa of punk and their second album (WL/WH) is the precursor of white noise.

Perhaps we all wish to had the chance to see them (VU) alive, but it could be like too much.

Vu and Nico is amazing (take sunday morning as an example)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 08:50 PM
blalocklover is currently offline Click here to Send blalocklover a Private Message Find more posts by blalocklover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Velvet Underground

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ikobe
They are cool. Discuss. (:

what is there to discuss...velvet underground as gods among us mere imperfect humans

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 09:11 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

VU and Nico is a brilliant album. I like most of their stuff but that is what makes them a great band in my opinion.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 12:30 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blalocklover
Akodon

Re: Re: Velvet Underground

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
what is there to discuss...velvet underground as gods among us mere imperfect humans

You said it Pray VU, pray Lou and Street Hassle

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 03:05 AM
blalocklover is currently offline Click here to Send blalocklover a Private Message Find more posts by blalocklover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote