R2 D2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Does anyone else think it would be cool if R2 didn't have his memory erased and therefore he knew all the time that Vader was Lukes dad and Leia his sister.

darth stu
why wouldn't he say something?

Jedi Mercenary
hes a droid.

UnknownBountyHunter
King Jedi I agree with that. Because he knew where to go to meet civilization (or so we assume), which means 3PO's memory was erased but Artoo's wasn't. R2-D2 could remember Tatooine from his previous experiences there, and completely mapped the planet, knowing where any and all civilization is located.

Xizor
I think it's more likely Artoo just has superior life sensing scanners then 3P0. That idea is real cool, but you wonder why R2 wouldn't tell 3P0, as info like that could have saved the characters loads of trouble.

UnknownBountyHunter
C-3PO is awfully ignorant, and thinks he's always right. He probably would ignore him anyways.

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
I could see it working. R2 is extreamly loyal, and he could have been working it from the inside, so to speak, to bring it all together for the Jedi.

Xizor
Maybe, but they'd have to pick and choose carefully what scenes and info R2 is privy to in the prequels for that to work.

King Jedi
Also if you watch ANH again, R2 seems to know Obi-Wan. He gives that little bleep which he does when he likes something and Ben says "come here my little friend". Even though Obi-Wan says he doesn't remember R2, I think he might.

UnknownBountyHunter
Are you sure that wasn't a "you aren't OB1!!!" bleep.

darth stu
right, or a "wow, you've really let yourself go" bleep.

It's curious, R2 seems to be suprised to see Ben, but on the other hand, he was heading in the right general direction to get to Ben's house.

Xizor
I think they each vaguely recall eachother, but have no great friend/ownership feelings for each other. Remember, Ben says he doesn't RECALL ever OWNING a droid. So he never owned R2, but he probably remembers him.

darth stu
And, Ben could have been suprised to see R2 again after a couple of decades. "what, you again?"

Xizor
yeah probably.

UnknownBountyHunter
laughing out loud I agree on that.

King Jedi
Artoos bleep was definatley a " Ah Obi-Wan, I haven't seen you for a while ", bleep.

Xizor
I concure, no way Ob1 is a clone, that would be really stupid.

The Maker
Very interesting. Although, remember that there are millions of droids like R2 in the Galaxy.

S.J.S

UnknownBountyHunter
There always is a way, and what does the multiple droid thing have to do with it?? R2 has an identification code on him.

Dim
Maybe it's an R2 clone...wink

UnknownBountyHunter
I started a new page MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dim
You worry me....

King Jedi
Is it true that there was a scene cut from TPM where R2 uses rocket boosters after he falls off a landing platform?

Ratcat
I heard that, I have the action figure with the jets (boosters the pack calls them) but I've never opened it so I don't know what they look like.

I think the scene, which is in the novel, has R2 D2 fall off of the floating platform on Coruscant as our heroes are about to depart to return to Naboo.

R2 wheels to cloise to the ensge, falls off and then bobs back up with the jets coming out of his main body.

I guess it was cut because it's such a domb idea in the context of the film as we have never seen a Astromech droid fly.

A cool idea if this was the first film to be seen but not after seen so many astromechs in the OT.

King Jedi
I hope it's included in the DVD along with the scene where Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan off for getting his lightsabre wet.

Ratcat
I seem to remember seeing pictures of that scene. Qui Gonn is examinging the sabre whilst OB1 and JJB look on.

King Jedi
I don't know in which part of the movie it took place though as we never see Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon coming out of water except when they are in the sub.

Ratcat
It happens when they first get to Naboo I think. OB1 is running through the swamps trying to escape the Trade Fed droids and he hides underwater and then makes a run for it.

The idea being that he couldn't use his water logged saber against the STAPS as Qui Gonn did because it wouldn't work.

King Jedi
Ah....... I forgot about that scene with Obi-Wan underwater. I hope that's on the DVD as well.

Great Master Brit Hunt
Are to should be completly destroyed in ep2 and then ee-built as he was in anh and rotj. What do you think?

King Jedi
He has already been blown up twice. Isn't that enough for the poor little guy? Doing it again would be boring. Maybe it's 3P0's turn.

theEviljedi
Ihave heard that the reason they edited the water scene out of TPM was because they needed to be able to get lightsabers wet,hence the fight in rain for Episode II.

King Jedi
That makes sense so it probably won't be on the DVD.

Darth Daft
Sorry I don't quite understand. Why did they take the waterfall bit out of TPM just because of the rain fight in Episode 2?

King Jedi
Not the waterfall scene. We are talking about the scene where Obi-Wan emerges from the water on Naboo and his lightsabre won't work because it is wet.

Darth Daft
Oh riiiiiiiiight.....I see. Good point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.