Vader Vs. Dr. Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyonder
A one on one fight between Darth Vader and Dr. Doom, who'd take the other one out. No assistance from anything or anyone, just one on one to the death.

tkitna
No assistance from anything or anyone meaning,,,,,? If your talking about just pitting both of them in a room with just Vaders use of the force and whatever weapons Dooms armor has at its disposal,,,,,I think Doom would pretty much fry him fairly quickly. The force is strong, but i've never witnessed a Jedi instantly killing somebody. It takes some amount of time whether it being minutes or even 30 seconds. Doom doesnt need that kind of time. I also seriously doubt that the mind tricks would work either.

Linkalicious
No way would the Jedi Mind Trick work on Doom. Doom would stomp Vader into the ground before he could even reach for the Light Saber

Beyonder
I was thinking that Vader could slash through Doom's armor. And is Vader wearing an armor himself?

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/_gfx_/magazines/wizard/WZ20030821-lmsL.gif

Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Doom sends a blast dirctly into Vader's chest, disrupting his CPU life support systems, thus effectively killing him.

eleveninches
Id have to go for Doom.
In the future of the earth (not sure if it is a real future or an alternate future), there are no humans left alive, and earth has been colonised by aliens. The only record they have of humanity is a recording from the supreme ruler of earth, (Dr Doom). So he does win in the end, even in the marvel universe.

DarkCrawler
DOOM will prevail.

Asian Hulk
What the hell are you talking about
?

VENOMfan
Doomsy sweet pic tho

FrothByte
well even though doom can literally fry the floor with vader's corpse, don't discount vader that easily. i mean, he's a lot faster than doom i presume. plus he's got that crazy telekinesis and that lightning bolt used by jedis with superior knowledge of the force.

Arachnoidfreak
Vader is not faster than Doom. besides, like i said before, it just takes one energy blast to Vader's chest and he's done.

Ecob16
vader could deflect the bolt with his lightsaber(assuming he has it) or even grip it with telekinesis and throw it into the wall,

i dont know too much about doc doom but if were talking about vader with the full use of sith powers powers from the books and comics, and not just the movies then my moneys definately on Vader

VENOMfan
Doom is not only dangerous, he's leagues smarter than Vader

Arachnoidfreak
well, thats why you make that assumption, you dont know much about Doom. thats understandable.

Doctor Doom does just about anything he wants. tricks Mephisto(marvel's equivalent to the devil), steals a nearly omnipotent being's powers(Beyonder), is runner up for the title of Sorcerer Supreme(held by Dr. Strange...but i dont think he will be relinquishing it anytime soon though...ok, ever) , cheated death by transferring his brain into another body, is super smart(everything he has was made by his own hands) and i believe he was once omnipotent for a short while, but i could be wrong there(with the Cosmic Cube...?). His determination is what keeps him going, his determination is unmatched by any character.

Give him 10 minutes(no, not even...maybe 6 or 7) and he'll figure not only how to take out Vader, but then the Emporer, and then become leader of the Imperial Empire, and take over the rest of the Star Wars universe. he'll also crush the Rebellion.

VENOMfan
he would indeed Doomsy dont mess around

Ecob16
SMARTER yes, MORE WEAPONS definately, DOES IT REALLY MATTER when hes being melted with force lightning stick out tongue

but seriously vader can read doc dooms every thought and prepare for it

Arachnoidfreak
Doom is not anywhere near weakminded, and the telepathic powers only work with the weak minded. and His armor is nearly invulnerable, the only one better is Tony Stark's Ironman suit. lightning will not melt his armor, or get through it to melt him.

Ecob16
planting a suggestion in someones mind only works on the weak minded, telepathy on the other hand works on anyone.

also on a side note planting a suggestion is a Jedi trick, a true Sith can take complete control weak-minded or not

Arachnoidfreak
Well, seeing as Vader depends on a life support system, i dont see how he is winning against a fully-capable opponent like Doom.

Also, Doom has fought, and beaten, all kinds of telepaths before. they are nothing new to him. Experience man!

how many things on that list i wrote has Vader done? none? wow. oh, no, wait i think im wrong...Vader has cheated death right? the life support system, i remember.

I cant imagine Doom with his hands on lightsaber technology...oh man, imagine the possibilities

VENOMfan
Mindcontrol Doom!? are you kidding me Doom use's mind control on Vader not the other way around

Doom took out Magneto with mind control and Mag's could crush every major character from starwars at the same time.

he could turn a Imperial crusier inside out. problem solved

http://www.seanbaby.com/hostess/images2/doom.jpg

Ecob16
Emperor Palpatine once switched conscience to another body.... big grin ok so it wasnt Darth Vader but really Sith have loads of powers that werent shown in the movies.

alright i give in, he probably would lose but only due to that darn life support machine no expression

Wynndar
In 2 minutes Vader would be washing Doom's underwear and making him some breakfast...Im aware of the emperor's mind switch...into his clone bodies...an Im aware of Sith force lightning...non of this would have any effect on doom....his armor can handle a full onslought from just about any earthly character...compared to the blasts of the Silver Surfer, force lightning is relatively "weak as hell"...due to his personla force field...vader wouldnt be able to injure Doom with a lightsaber either...well unless his armor eventually ran out of reserve energy...but by that time Doom could have unloaded enough blasts to level the Fantastic Four and the X-men...additionally, Dooms mind control and body swapping is far more effective than that of any person in the Star Wars Universe..

Arachnoidfreak
*bump* Because I felt like it.

Kontraz
Well.... JUST IN THEORY... couldn't vader just make doom explode with his electricity? Because in the comics and stuff, it is not electricity as we know it, it is the force "comming to life" or something like that. It doesn't need a conductor. It doesnt follow the laws of physics. It is basically like God''s HOly Spirit suddenly, being omnipotent, just giong insane. If Vader can wield that... what defense does doom really have against it?

crazyspinz
ok, here we go

veder sees *loud breath* doom *other breath*, doom sees vader, yawns, vader *breath* wips out lightsaber, doom laughs, vader says "*breath* o sh*t b*reath*", then gets fried by doom

Kontraz
if vader is as strong as he supposedly is, he also has a matter-haulting force shield...

crazyspinz
but he still got his arm chopped off...

WarSpawn
first off, Doom would not be able to fry Vader due to the fact that he can absorb any amount of energy and use it to boost his Force power.

secondly, Vader can read Doom's moves, only the Mind Trick is reserved for the weak minded, the Jedi/Sith/Force User can still have insights of when and where an opponent will strike, even for the most powerful minded people. Sith however, can NOT take control of whoever they want. They are still bound by the rule of the weak-minded only.

third, Vader cannot weild the powers of Force Lightning as far as i know. I may be wrong about that though, but i believe he favors (and can only do) Force Grip.

this fight would be close, but only if Doom got Vader's lightsaber away. If Vader gets his lightsaber out and gets close to Doom, its over. A lightsaber can cut through anything because it's pure energy. Vader could also just Force Grip Doom to death in a second (un-like the movie, Force Grip doesnt take forever to take a hold of. Vader could just break his neck with the Force or crush the windpipe.)

crazyspinz
if he gets close to doom, and we all know that doom will see the light saber and stay the hell away from it

WarSpawn
exactly. But Vader could always just throw it and make it follow Doom while Doom is busy tryin to stay away from it.

crazyspinz
doom could break it with some magic

WarSpawn
and then Vader would just Force Grip Doom's neck and break it. End of fight. no expression

crazyspinz
yer sayin that vader will out magic doom

rightthumb up

laughing laughing out loud laughing

WarSpawn
the Force isnt magic no expression

vitaldragon
Dr.Doom is about a billion times smarter than Vader..

crazyspinz
pfft, doom is still way outta vaders leauge

WarSpawn
Smarter has nothing to do in a fight if your opponent can sense your every move your going to make even before you make it.

WarSpawn
and how is Doom still out of Vader's league huh

crazyspinz
umm lets see, doom has invented time travel, made interdimentional crap, beat the likes of the xmen, avengers, ff4, and spidey

and vader wheres a buket on his head

WarSpawn
the same could be said of Doom. He wears a bucket on his head too.

and none of the things you mentioned matter except Time Travel. and that wont help Doom much in a fight.

Vader can also travel interdimentionally. Its called hyperspace.

and as for beating the X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman...that doesnt say much since Vader could beat them too.

crazyspinz
umm no dude, one member of any off those teams would use vader as a can opener

crazyspinz
and dooms bucket is under a stylish green hood, and vader looks like an ace of spades

WarSpawn
but nevertheless it is a bucket stick out tongue

and no, Vader could do the same thing to those people what he's going to do to Doom. Either slice em apart with his lightsaber (Spidey cant even get close to him since Vader has a "spider sense" as well) or use Force grip on all of them and break their necks.

Tron
I don't think the forcegrip would be too much help for Vader. Doom had his body casually ripped apart by Beyonder and still magaged to beat him. And allowed Purple Man (a psychic more powerful than Xavier) to attack mind directly, and it didn't even phase him. I think Doom can handle Vader in a straight fight, although it won't be easy.

(Oh, and y'all left out that he also beat Silver Surfer, Galactus, and the Freakin' WORLD!! Just incase y'all forgotwink)

WarSpawn
did Doom die when he got ripped apart by Beyonder?

Kontraz
why do people keep saying "doom beat THE WORLD!!!" Umm.... how many planets has vader conquered? And i don't mean with the imperial army backing him either... Oh, and the "force grip" used to "choke" people isn't actually draining them of oxygen. Its the force sapping the very life essense out of them.... nothing can live through that, litterally... (unless of course they can combat against the force itself... aka one with force powers... aka a jedi of some sort, NOT a telepath/psychic)

WarSpawn
thank you, finally someone that sees things from my point.

Arachnoidfreak
The lightsaber would NOT help Vader here, basically the only thing Vader has is the Force, which I'm pretty sure Doom can find a way around. Just because you can't think of a way, doesn't mean it's impossible.

Ever hear of Ironman's energy displacement/converter field? It's on the surface of his armor, and it absorbs all energy, and converts it into power for Stark's suit. Guess what Doom can make? Hey, what's that lightsaber made of again...?

Kontraz
so he can't use a light saber... wow, thats great. Like you said he could use a force... and the only way "around" the force is for it to not exist.

To make this match simple, if the force applies to marvel universe, then vader wins. If it doesn't, vader loses.

Beyonder
Yup. Doom does have his own pernsonal force field. Vader would eventually get fried.

Mane
well its energy, but the energy derives from the crystals that power it.

Arachnoidfreak
lol, it was a rhetorical question, I know what it's made of. Basically it would come down to Doom's magic rivalling Vader's Force manipulation. I'm sticking with Doom.

Beyonder
Mane
well its energy, but the energy derives from the crystals that power it.

Silver Surfer's powers > Crystal

I doubt that crystal's power is much for Doom's armor to worry about.

WarSpawn
you all seem to underestimate the power of the Force...but whatever. to each his own.

Arachnoidfreak
And you seem to underestimate the power of Doom. Again, to each his own.

Mane
ooh game set and match my friend. theres not much i would put past Doom.

Kontraz
I don't underestimate doom.... but there have been many in the star wars universe to use magic (NOT the force). They were no match for vader. Then there were those who used both the force AND magic... again, no match. I'm not saying doom's magic isn't stronger than the magic that vader (and others) have faced, because it most likely is, i'm just saying that magic, nomatter how powerful, isn't anywhere near as powerful as the very substance of existance.

Beyonder
Tell that to Doom and his tech; suit runs on nuclear power as well. If Doom does lose - he pulls the mind trick takes Vader's body.

Arachnoidfreak
Doom has stolen the Power Cosmic itself(from Silver Surfer). I think this would be close to the Force.

How do you know that if Doom made the jump into the Star Wars Universe, he wouldn't have access to the Force?

Kontraz
because things from other galaxies, even within the star wars lore, cannot access the force.

Arachnoidfreak
That really isn't proof. Scince when does being from a certain galaxy mean you can't access the Force?

WarSpawn
yes there is proof. read The New Jedi Order series. then you'll learn all about how other beings from different galaxies cant access the Force.

Nataku8188
Not only is doom overall better, but he can still pop boners with the best of em. :: Thrusting motions :: I'm pretty sure the effort would kill/cripple vader-tater.

WarSpawn
Another way to counter that: Vader just Force lifts Doom so he cant move anywhere. Then he just gets on a shuttle, flies up to a Death Star, and blow up the planet Doom's on. All the while maintaining his Force lift.

crazyspinz
wow, ive been gone for a day and a half, and havnt we astablished that vader has no chance here, i mean cmon, its frikin doom, warspawn i think yer the only vader fan left here...

Kontraz
dont forget me.... i've contributed a few arguements that have yet to be coutnered, such as the fact that doom cannot counter nor access the force.

Wynndar
this is dumb...doom has used a Gun that would have disintegrated Thor in a millisecond and shot the Thing with a gun firing 1,ooo megavolts...Doom's armor can contain more energy than a whole fleet or star destroyers (the power of Silver Surfer, Uatu the Watcher, the Beyonder) and people r questioning whether or not he can take vader? Vader possesses vast energies from the force but he doesnt even have enough power to fly, only float around or leap...not true flight, let alone the power to reach escape velocity

Arachnoidfreak
That pansy Luke ****ing Skywalker kicked Vader's ass. Give Doom a lightsaber and he will do the same.

DarkCrawler
Let's see. Doom is smarter, stronger, faster, more durable and has more weapons then Vader has. Lightsaber can't cut through everything. Remember what problems Qui-Gon had in Episode 1 with that door? Oh, and the lightsaber didn't get past from those energy doors in the same movie. Guess what would happen if Doom activates his personal force field? smile Oh, yeah, and Doom can fly too. Vader can't.

Doom has faced omnipotential beings like Beyonder, Silver Surfer and Memphisto, and won most of them, Vader has faced a brat with lightsaber and couple of months of training and lose to him. Doom has tens of years of experience, and better weaponry then Luke had when he fought Vader. Go figure.

Nothing against Vader, I think he is the cooles movie villain ever, but he would certainly lose.

Kontraz
flying is irrelevent... you do realize that you can have an endless supply of energy and still never be able to fly, right? All i'm saying is that vader can theoretically sap doom's life force instantly if he willed it so. there is no way of stopping that... also, about luke beating vader. Yeah, he did. Why? 1) Vader was holding back and 2) luke tapped into the dark side.

Kontraz
oh, i have another question... which vader are we talking about... pre- "accident" or post?

WarSpawn
Remember what problems Qui-Gon had in Episode 1 with that door?

Qui-Gon was still cutting through the door. Just not instantaniously.
and yes, force fields do repel lightsaber blades, so you have me on that one.

but Vader can absorb any amount of energy, and the more energy you pump into him the more Force power he gets. He transfers harmful energy into Force energy, therefor if Doom does use his little gun thingies then he's just committing suicide.

Nataku8188
Not if he punches him. No one brought up the fact that he can just pummel vader to shit. If the lightsaber is drawn, doom can just put up a force field.

WarSpawn
easy way to keep Doom from gettin close to Vader: put up a Force wall.

who?-kid
I'm not going to underestimate Vader (If you see him coming, better step aside, a lot of men didn't, a lot of men died), but against Doom, who has faced (and beaten in most cases) so much more dangerous heroes/villains/mutants/creatures/entities...

I don't know. And Doom has another advantage: he's too smart for Vader. I'm pretty sure Doom would know everything about the force there is to know, and counter it.

Vader only has a good chance when he meets an unprepared Doom while doing the dishes.

WarSpawn
How would Doom stop the Force though? The only way he'd be able to do that is to get a ysamilari (or howerver you spell it) and bring it with him. And even then it might not work, because some Jedi have found out a way to use the Force while even in a ysamilari bubble.

Beyonder
Ovoid mind trick - switch minds and takes Vader's body. DOOM WINS. If Doom is forced choked and figures he can't break free and is going to die -Doom gets a new body, while Vader's mind goes bye bye.

WarSpawn
not exactly. the Force helps block mind probes and such, which is why Jedi cant be mind tricked. Doom's ability to mind trick probably wouldnt help him.

Arachnoidfreak
It's not a trick, he is actually switching bodies with his victim.

Beyonder
Yup. He doesn't read your mind. He takes over your entire body and his mind operates your body hence "mind switch."

crazyspinz
i thought that we settled this argument along time ago, doom owns all

Beyonder
Appearantly not for some people. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maestro
i was thinking, if doom had prep time, couldn't he prepare an item which could steal or do something to darths powers?

This is seeing as he has done the same to surfer and beyonder, who rank up there as two cosmic beings.

Beyonder
If he had time, he could learn everything about the force. But again, without prep, Doom still beats Vader's ass.

crazyspinz
no dude, as strong as the force is its no match for dooms magic, and vader knows this would be a tuff fight, and he never uses his force stuff first in a tuff fight, he always goes with the light saber fisrt

Kontraz
that's like saying voodoo is stronger than God... (no comments on that one, please) but seriously. The force IS existance... magic is just manipulation of existance, and hence the force completely overwhelms it.

Arachnoidfreak
You contradicted yourself by your own logic. If the Force IS existence, and magic is the manipulation of existence, could a magitian manipulate the Force?

Force = Existence. Magic = existence manipulation. Subsitute "existence" for it's apparent equal, and you get Magic = Force manipulation.

Mwahahaha, Dr. Doom is victorious again! Vader doesn't have shit on Doom.

Kontraz
alright, allow me to be more specific... the force is existance, controls everything in existance, and willingly allows things to control it. Magic is the manipulation of existance, but in a universe where existance has to "give permission" for something to wield it (jedi) then magic cannot perform AGAINST it.

Beyonder
Isn't that what magic does. When you chant something, you're basically asking existence to bend in an unnatural way? Doom>Vader

crazyspinz
in the starwars universe there is no magic, just the force, so in the marvel universe how do u know that magic users arent just force users, it is probably the equivilant, so doom in the starwars universe would just be a kick ass force user

Kontraz
actually, in star wars there is magic... read whats already been typed... magic being in both universes has already been brought up

Kontraz
yes, but one is being allowed to control existance (vader/jedi) and the other is asking the existance being controlled to falter in its ways (doom/magic). Sorry, but the force isn't gonna bend for a non-force wielder.

Beyonder
So then you agree that Doom >>>>>>>>>>> Vader. Yeah!big grin

Kontraz
dude... really... LEARN HOW TO READ... never once in any of my posts did i say doom would beat vader. in fact, saying that there is magic already in SW universe is giving more power to vader than doom. Cuz any of the magic people in SW get whooped up on by the force, seeing as the force wielders can just take away their abilities...

Beyonder
dude...really...LEARN WHAT SARCASM IS....notice that smiley face?

sarscam:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm

WarSpawn
Yup. He doesn't read your mind. He takes over your entire body and his mind operates your body hence "mind switch."

so its a mind switch...no expression

and that means it cant work on Vader because its still a form of telepathy.

i thought that we settled this argument along time ago, doom owns all

you havent stated any reasons to counter mine why doom owns all...

If he had time, he could learn everything about the force. But again, without prep, Doom still beats Vader's ass.

as we stated before, beings from outside the Star Wars galaxy cannot use the Force in any way.

as strong as the force is its no match for dooms magic

the Force is life itself. how is magic stronger than life?

Kontraz, your on the right track, but your not hitting it right. The Force is in all living things, therefor its life itself. Its what creates life. Magic, no matter how powerful, cannot beat the creation of life. It may give life to the dead again, however it is not "pure" life, but rather a half-life. Also, the Force allows itself to be manipulated by certain people with certain traits. Magic, as well, allows itself to be manipulated, but not at a grand scale. Sure Doom could probably create anything he wanted, but with the Force there are no impossibilities. If any Jedi tasked himself to it, he probably could fly and achieve escape velocity. He could hold an atmospheric bubble to himself in space so he could survive. Again, magic isnt as powerful as the Force due to the fact that the Force is life itself, and that it has no impossibilities.

Also...me and Kontraz have given numerous reasons of why Vader would beat Doom. All ive heard so far for Doom's defense is "Doom would kick Vader's ass" with no reasoning behind it. If you want Doom to win this arguement, then post some reasons why he would win.

Nataku8188
You guys are all looney. Magic isn't part of anything to do with the force (based on marvel logic) as a matter of fact, magic would destroy doom. Why, you ask? Marvel's version of magic is a force that completely overule physics in general. Saying magic is existance is like saying matter is existance, but that doesn't stop magic from destroying matter, or creating it. Magic doesn't have to follow the laws of physics, therefore it doesn't have to follow the guidlines set down by the force. By the way, if we took both of these guy from their world and put them into a random room, neither would be able to use their abilitie. Why? Because how do we know medichlorines (Sp?) even exist in Marvel? Or doom's form of magic exists in SW universe? One form of magic isn't all forms of magic.

Also; if Vader has no force, he might as well kiss his ass goodbye, because that's all he's got.

WarSpawn
because midichlorians arent removable. they're part of your body and they're the basis of all life. no expression

Kontraz
i agree that vader relies 100% on the force...and i think this fight would boil down to this.... where does it take place? If its star wars universe, vader wins with the force, hands down. Marvel, there is no force, Doom wins, no question. If its somewhere else entirely (real world, maybe?) its up in the air. if neither get any "powers" its going to be a bitter brawl... what condition is doom in minus his suit and magic? Cuz if hes fine and healthy, he could PROBABLY beat up on an old man on life support... unless we are talking about pre-accident vader, who then would be victorious if no powers were in use.

DarkCrawler
Vader cant still kill Doom quickly enough. I have always thought that using force take some concetration...

How is Vader going to concetrate in choking when Doom is launching couple of force blasts at him and he'll have to use the lightsaber in same time?

WarSpawn
you forget. Vader's the Chosen One. His control of the Force isnt matched by any other except perhaps Luke Skywalker and Kyp Durron.

Arachnoidfreak
Doom minus his suit and magic is still Doom. People think that he is the greatest villain in Marvel because of his suit, which is completely wrong. Doom is the most intelligent(Richards is his only equal), most cunning, most determined man in ALL of comics. You can bet that in the first match, Vader will not be fighting Doom himself, but a Doombot. Doom would be watching and learning from elsewhere, and when he is ready, appear before Vader, and use everything he learned against him. What's Vader got? 1. The lightsaber. Easy to parry. An energy absorbtion feild is enough. 2. The Force. Doom would realize after careful study that is a superior form of magic/some sort of manipulation. To counter this, he would have to incapacitate Vader right away. If you had read my posts before I bumped this thread up, you'd have seen that I pointed out Vader's life support system on his chest. Whoa! Vader's weakness! Guess what Doom will do? The life support system is his first proirity, and Vader would go down shortly after a blast to the chest.

WarSpawn
you once again ignored the fact that Vader cant be blasted....he can absorb the energy.

Arachnoidfreak
Who said he had to be blasted with energy? You don't think Doom would know this from watching a fight? There are such things as projectile weapons you know. I find it funny that Doom can kick vader's ass with a 9 mm.

WarSpawn
LOL

funny

projectile weapons are the stupidest weapons to use against a Jedi. They can just Force push it back to the shooter.

DarkCrawler
Doom would still win. There are too many ways to him kill the Vader. Like I said, if Luke could beat him, so could Doom. And, Doom would not leave it only to beating. And Doom's armor can absorb energy too.

WarSpawn
once again, all i hear is "Doom would win". Why dont you try posting some of those numerous reasons of why Doom would win.

who?-kid

WarSpawn
there's proof all over the comics and books. read them.

who?-kid
Your wish is my command.

Dr. Doom

- without a doubt smarter than Vader
- probably stronger
- has a true armor with lots of hidden, powerful weapons, forcefields and God knows what
- is extremely strongwilled
- has no special weaknesses
- has magic at his disposal
- has fought much tougher enemies than Vader

Vader

- has a lightsaber
- has some kind of armor, which at the same time is his lifesupport
- weakness : life support
- has the Force (which isn't the most powerful and certainly not the fastest thing ever, don't care what everybody says)

So, Doom wins.

DarkCrawler
Lightsaber couldn't cut through Doom's force field, nor it wouldn't cut through Doom's armor quickly enough.

If Doom would just get a clear shot, he could destroy Vader's life support system.

If Doom would get Vader unarmed, he could just hit him uncounsius or crack his back. Super strenght, you see.

Those are some. And remember, Electrity was deadly to Vader.

who?-kid
Aah, thanks for sharing your proves with me wink.

WarSpawn
Dr. Doom

- without a doubt smarter than Vader
- probably stronger
- has a true armor with lots of hidden, powerful weapons, forcefields and God knows what
- is extremely strongwilled
- has no special weaknesses
- has magic at his disposal
- has fought much tougher enemies than Vader

Vader

- has a lightsaber
- has some kind of armor, which at the same time is his lifesupport
- weakness : life support
- has the Force (which isn't the most powerful and certainly not the fastest thing ever, don't care what everybody says)

all right except your view of the Force. and that's what makes the difference in this fight.

If Doom would just get a clear shot, he could destroy Vader's life support system.

If Doom would get Vader unarmed, he could just hit him uncounsius or crack his back. Super strenght, you see.

Those are some. And remember, Electrity was deadly to Vader.

first statement is true. Second statement isnt. Force absoprtion. Next statement isnt true either. Vader would be able to sense Doom before he had the chance to get close. Last statement is also true, but that is only due to the fact that Vader was weakened due to his fight with Luke. If at full fighting capacity Vader could take on the Emperor, Force lightning or not.

WarSpawn
there are way too many books and comics that prove the Force is stronger. I cant name all of them, and i cant name all the reasons why the Force is stronger because there are too many.

DarkCrawler
Ha. I would like to see when Vader does some tricks that Dr. Strange, a very powerful MAGIC user has done. Can Vader:

-Form bolts of energy with a great destructible power?

-Make an astral form?

-Teleport anywhere, even in another dimensions?

-Levitate?

-Create portals anywhere?

-Create illusions?

Dr. Strange can do this and many things else. And he would beat Vader about 7 seconds. Doom's magical abilities are only second to Strange.

Ha.

WarSpawn
-Form bolts of energy with a great destructible power?
yes, if he tasked himself to it
-Make an astral form?
yes
-Teleport anywhere, even in another dimensions?
with a ship, yes he can
-Levitate?
yes
-Create portals anywhere?
yes
-Create illusions?
yes

and i fail to see why you're laughing.

who?-kid
To be honest, dr. Doom isn't exactly the greatest magician ever... He's not bad at it, but nothing more. But he certainly is good enough to beat Vader.

So in these book they say that the Force is stronger than magic in the Marvel-universe ? I find that very hard to believe. Like DarkCrawler said, dr. Strange has done much more impressive things than Vader, the Emperor, Yoda and Luke together !!

WarSpawn
well, no, but these books have stated numerous times that the Force is more powerful than any other type of sorcery or "magic-manipulation".

and you still have yet to state anything Doom's done that Vader, Emperor, Yoda and Luke havent done.

who?-kid
Well, I would like to see one of those guys (of all together, I don't mind) against the Beyonder, you know, the all powerful being Doom defeated when he was almost dead, by using his gigantic willpower...

Now don't get me wrong, I like Vader as much as anybody, maybe even more (don't like the Anakin dude in the new movies however), and he's an extremely dangerous man in the Star Wars universe. But Doom is too much to handle for him.

WarSpawn
no i dont know. no expression

and im not saying that Dooms a little weakling that cant beat anyone, im just saying that he cant beat the Force. Which Vader is an embodiment of.

DarthCyrax
dude vader would kill doom. omfg mod please close this

WarSpawn
why would a mod close this? this is a good discussion

Beyonder
Fixed that for you newbie. No thank yous neccessary. wink

DarkCrawler
I meant under his own power...I doubt that Vader can travel between dimensions...

WarSpawn
ok, that's the one thing Doom can do that Vader cant do under his own power. And Doom doesnt even do that anyways. His armor does. no expression

who?-kid
If this is your only contribution to this forum - by the way it is a good thread - well, just leave it, will you ?

DarkCrawler
Doom traveled to Hell, I think. But I think that Strange helped him with that...or not. Someone, help me.

But anyways, Dr. Strange could beat Vader with magic.

Where he did that? I never have seen it. But yeah, if Emperor did that, Vader could probably learn it.

Ok, maybe. But where he did that?

Aha! But he can't do it under his own power! Doom probably can.

Yeah, I believe that he can do this with his own power. But he can't fly- Strange can.

I believe that Vader can't etc. travel to planet to planet under his own power.

Yeah...maybe. But they aren't as strong as Strange has, I can assure that.

So yeah, I believe that magic is stronger then force.

DarkCrawler
dude, doom would annihlate vader. so, omfg, shut the f*** up.

Beyonder
Kontraz

if neither get any "powers" its going to be a bitter brawl... what condition is doom in minus his suit and magic? Cuz if hes fine and healthy, he could PROBABLY beat up on an old man on life support... unless we are talking about pre-accident vader, who then would be victorious if no powers were in use.

Probably? He'll kill old Vader. Pre-accident Vader would have a fight on his hand and might either stalemate or get his butt kicked. Reason being that Doom once fought and KILLED a lion with his bare hands while nake. Though Jedi's are trainned fighters, this trainning is in conjunction with the force. They rely on the force to sense moves to counter, even more than their eyes. Luke blind folded himself during trainning and relied on the force to guide him; he also did this during the aerial battles. Thus without the force, pre-accident Vader have a handicap. He still does have skills but lacks the force sense that all Jedi skills rely so much on.

DarkCrawler
Yeah, Doom is very good martial artist.

WarSpawn
Vader can create a type of "telepathic image" which is like astral projection form.

not really. its the armor doin it for him.

notice the title of the thread is "Vader vs Dr Doom"

in one comic the Emperor uses a Force storm to transfer Luke from one planet to another instantaneously. If the Emperor can do it, Vader can probably learn it and do it better.

they're still good enough to trick someone.

lets not be immature here.

Beyonder, that's not exactly true. In the New Jedi Order series, the Jedi had to learn to fight without the Force due to the fact that their enemies didnt exist in it. And though some died, they still kicked their asses in the end.

DarkCrawler
I was just joking about the dude part...

WarSpawn
i know. so was i. smile

Nataku8188
Warspawn, you totaly forget that Doom has doombots. There is no way he can use the force to combat 5 doomboots AND doom at the same time.

"Narf narf force throws energy absortion narf narf "

How in the hell is he going to absorb something... he cant ****ing see coming ? Oh wait. He cant. You are basing every point of your argument on the fact that this fight will be in the starwars universe, but why dont you go back and read my post and try to prove ME wrong! You CANT! So shut the hell up you goddamn FANBOY!

who?-kid
Stay polite please. You give the Doom fans a bad name.

Beyonder
WarSpawn

you forget. Vader's the Chosen One. His control of the Force isnt matched by any other except perhaps Luke Skywalker and Kyp Durron.

You mean his sperm was, right? Everyone in the council objected (including Yoda), except Qui-Gon Jinn said he'll teach Anakin himself and be his mentor. He's good, but Luke Skywalker is the Chosen One.

once again, all i hear is "Doom would win". Why dont you try posting some of those numerous reasons of why Doom would win.

In a NEUTRAL UNIVERSE (is always applied when a threat does specify the place of battle), where both have their standard weapons and powers, where the force operates as it does in SW universe and magic operates as it does in MU, Doom would win. Why? Here's the proof WarSpawn.

Vader's Suit (nothing special) - Doom's armor is comparable to Iron Man's (durability for one), photon blast, force field, sonics, super strength, aborbtion of energy, flight, scanning & analysis of subjects

Light Saber - negated by Doom's Force Field

Force Ligthninig - shield again

Jedi skills - shield & superstrength (Class 2 or above)

life support weakness - Doom has none

Force choke, telekenesis-like ability, force sense - magic, ovoid mind switch, flight, energy projection, superstrength, suit sensors (to analyze fight & at least try to counter force sense), sonic

Jedis can only control weak minded people, so Vader won't be controlling Doom. Doom, on the other hand, has one of the strongest minds in the MU. He beat the Beyonder through cunning and determination. And how can you resist the Ovoid Mind Switch when Doom's mind and will is greater than Vader's.

If Vader tried to cut Doom with his light saber, would be close enough to rip Vaer's arm off, or blast a sonics at him. Even if Vader had him in a force choke, Doom can still turn up his sonic and kill Vader that way. Magic isn't Doom's specialty - it's his technology & intellegence & determination.

Good enough reason and proof for you?

Kontraz
okay, doom bots would be idiotic... if he's allowed doom bots then vader's allowed his own clones (which he did have)...

force lightning MIGHT be abble to penetrate any force field. Its not electricity... its an embodiment of raw power (hence why it killed vader... it didnt shock him to death, it completly drained him of any life force).

The force "choke" would definately work, as it is simply the draining of life out of another person, barriers are not an issue.

Dooms "mind switch" would NOT work on Vader, as the force keeps one's mind 100% intact (and under their control). This is why jedi cant even PROBE another's mind (not force trick, but even take a glance in there...) and how the emperor was able to clone himself so many times...

oh, and "jedi strength" is pretty much unlimited... they are able to lift, suspend, freeze, etc, PLENTY. Don't really know how strong doom is, so im not gonna say vader is stronger, but in the books they could lift falling buildings, etc.

crazyspinz
brute strength is usless againt doom, he beat hulk

Beyonder
Guess you decided to ignore my post which was above yours huh? roll eyes (sarcastic) And then blabbed on about Doom not being able to mind switch with Vader. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And force lightining looks a lot like electricity to me. And lightning isn't raw power? Doom's shield will hold and he can also absorb the stuff (whatever it is) as well.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/laserdisk/sw6/dvbones02.jpg
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

Arachnoidfreak
Vader can see a bullet coming at him at 300 mph? No? Even if a 9mm doesn't work, if Doom was forced to, he'd have a Doombot nearby with a sniper rifle. Yea, it's cheap, but like I said, Doom is the most determined man in all of comicdom. He does what has to be done to be victorious, whether it's seen as honorable or not.

Beyonder
Since when does Vs fights include outside help unless specified? Usually if there are no specifications, it's a one on one fight.

And Dr Doom does not need his bots or to even spy and learn Vaders secrets; he'll win by himself and his standard gears...or do you doubt the good Doctor, Arachnoidfreak? wink

Arachnoidfreak
hahaha, doubt Dr. Doom? I'm not foolish enough to do that. I've said all throughout this thread that he would hand Vader his ass. Though, he nearly always has a Doombot go in before he does, this is Doom's "preperation time" that he sometimes needs.

Beyonder
True but this IS still a one on one fight. That has to be taken out of consideration even though he often uses it.

Arachnoidfreak
Well, in any case, I believe Doom would crush the old bald guy. I mean Vader.

crazyspinz
ya doom owns all

WarSpawn
do i sense a little hostility over a simple arguement? erm

no he's not because he has a father. Anakin was formed by midichlorians.

well lets see, if Jedi can deflect blaster shots, which travel at the speed of light, then Jedi can certainly push away a bullet travelling 300 mph

willpower has nothing to do with the mind switch, it still wouldnt work because the Force is unlimited.

crazyspinz
the force is unlimmeted, but darth vader does not have access to the whole force, where doom can pretty mutch do wut ever he wants with his magic

Kontraz
force lightning might appear as electricity, but its not. Oh, and my comment about the mind switching was actually DIRECTLY referring to your comment above mine. The force shields a jedi's brain 100%, no mind swapping going on in any form...

Beyonder
And yet a Jedi can only use mindcontrol over the weak minded - gee the Force IS unlimited. roll eyes (sarcastic) Doom mind switches with him. Doom wins.

Read what I wrote earlier:

In a NEUTRAL UNIVERSE (is always applied when a threat does specify the place of battle), where both have their standard weapons and powers, where the force operates as it does in SW universe and magic operates as it does in MU, Doom would win. Why? Here's the proof WarSpawn.

Vader's Suit (nothing special) - Doom's armor is comparable to Iron Man's (durability for one), photon blast, force field, sonics, super strength, aborbtion of energy, flight, scanning & analysis of subjects

Light Saber - negated by Doom's Force Field

Force Ligthninig - shield again

Jedi skills - shield & superstrength (Class 2 or above)

life support weakness - Doom has none

Force choke, telekenesis-like ability, force sense - magic, ovoid mind switch, flight, energy projection, superstrength, suit sensors (to analyze fight & at least try to counter force sense), sonic

Jedis can only control weak minded people, so Vader won't be controlling Doom. Doom, on the other hand, has one of the strongest minds in the MU. He beat the Beyonder through cunning and determination. And how can you resist the Ovoid Mind Switch when Doom's mind and will is greater than Vader's.

If Vader tried to cut Doom with his light saber, would be close enough to rip Vaer's arm off, or blast a sonics at him. Even if Vader had him in a force choke, Doom can still turn up his sonic and kill Vader that way. Magic isn't Doom's specialty - it's his technology & intellegence & determination.

Kontraz
i know, i did read it... hence why i said doom WOULDN'T be able to mind switch him... the force shields it "in a neutral universe". Also, i didnt say the lighting WOULD hit, i said it might, i dont really know how it works, i just know its not electricity. That, and doom would have no way to counter the force choke (or lift or push for that matter)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>