Green Goblin vs. Doc Ock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I'm mainly talking about the movie versions of these guys, I think Doc Ock would win, those tentacles would do some major damage.

DarkCrawler
Movie version Goblin sucked. Ock wins. Oh, Dafoe was great as Norman Osbourn.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I think the movie Goblin looked great. But Dafoe was great as Norman. smile

Austinzilla
the movie goblin's plastic costumes was cheesy...but ya cant go wrong with my homie Dafoe big grin

Daywalker
Y'all can say what you want about "Gobby" but Doc would have his hands full. While GG is keeping Doc busy, the glider could come in for the kill. I don't care what he looks like, GG is very tricky and would defeat Doc Ock.

Green Goblin has enhanced strength, he's very resourceful and crafty.

Maelstrom
They've gone way beyond the means with these characters hearing voices and projections. Boring and not entertaining. Contain the voices and get down to business. Goblin, Golem, this that and the other thing. We get that you got a screw lose if you want to punch a hole through someones chest. So boggy.

FrothByte
its golum

Red Superfly
In your opinion.

I think we can forgive them because Gollum is from Lord Of The Rings, originally written in 1937 (The Hobbit), and Green Goblin made his appearance in the sixties.

There are millions of people that will disagree with you there, bub.

They are based loosely on characters such as Macbeth, (should need to explain this? yes I do *sigh*) written by William Shakespeare, and is largely considerred one of his finest plays.

The whole mirror scene with Norman talking to himself in the Spiderman movie is probably the best bit from the entire film. Andy Serkis has recieved academy awards for his schizophrenic portrayal of Gollum.

Green Goblin and Gollum have every right to act like they do - it's only because they get copied time after time by pretenders. They are the trendsetters, so they can do what they bloody well like.

It's also down to the fact Lord Of The Rings and Spiderman have been released months between each other, and it seems similar, when in actual fact, theres about 30 years separating them historically.

Freddy_vs_Jason
yes

eleveninches
DOK OCK
would kick gobbys @$$ yes yes yes

klipso
the green goblin would win, doc ock is no match for those pumpkin bombs and the glider...

the goblin armor didnt look that bad, it was made to be body armor not a costume

VENOMfan
Are you kidding? Ock has no chance against the Goblin in a fight. Goblin dosent have an agenda with Ock he wouldnt play mind games with him

one pumpkin bomb to the chest and its over.

tho I have to say Ock kicked major ass Spiderman 2. every one needs to see this flick

IRTMU-Dragon
The only reason goblin would win this... is the fact Ock HAS NO enhanced durability, and no special missiles or anything. Thats what bugged me about the second movie, and the comic books with doc ock. Those cops, I was like Damnit! Somebody just freggin shoot him. But no, they couldnt seem to hit him. Because, the only thing special about ock is that he has four giant arms. Thats it.
And would someone tell me why his arms have knives in them? Why would you put knives into mechanical arms that are supposed to be used for nuclear fision tests?! Dock ock is just... a really bad villain, but they did make him bad ass in the movie.
Goblin would soar around on his glider, firing missiles like nuts. Ock would be trying to throw things at him, and hed dodge them easily. No question, Goblin.

VENOMfan
Goblin is much more sisnister in the comics as well. the movie dumbed him down.

the Goblins are easily the most dangerous enemy's Spiderman has
aside from Venom and the Lizard, Ock should stick with his brain and avoid brawls

IRTMU-Dragon
Yea, they ubered doc up, both in the movies and in the comics, it seems stupid some guy with mechanical arms can avoid barrages of bullets, and never get hit, and ETC, ETC.
VenomFAN, Venom is a protector of the innocents... I bealive so, he hates seeing innocents hurt, correct? Well, if venom got on ocks ass, he wouldnt last longer than... uh... dr dooms fear fall at universal studios... uhhh...

VENOMfan
Yeah, Venom does go out of his way to protect innocent's. It would be hilarious to see Venom go after Ock.

in the comics usually landing one punch is enuf to drop Otto. it was the tenticles that made this a problem

the film let them trade blows for show. it was visually immpressive but a regular human taking class 10 blows and not having his brain turned into jelly? not very likely

Bojangles
well, look at it this way. Ock's tentacles can reach from, what 6-25 ft.? Gobby could destroy him with some long-ranged missiles....i bet even Ock's tentacles cant stop one of gobby's missiles...maybe a pumpkin bomb, but not a missile

IRTMU-Dragon
Doc ock is only a good villain because of his intelligence. And yes, spiderman punching otto in the face, as he did in the movie, He would be DEAD, TOTALLY dead. Actually... Dock ocks tentacles are shitty. The only good thing, as I said, is hes so super intelligent, the bad guys look to him as a leader. In the movie, it showed may hitting him with an umbrella with enough force as to break his glasses, shatter them. That alone, would have put him down for the count for some time with a blow that hard.
Dok ocks tentacles can fulley retract, to where its just the four grabbers coming out, and you cant even tell there tentacles, or they can fulley extend to only about 20 feet. Theres really nothing special.
"Anyone take shop class?" Those saws in the movie, wouldnt even have scrached his arms however. His arms are impervious to virtually everything, but... I dont see why they couldnt just shoot him...

Gobby would be up there, tossing pumpking bombs, and ock would be dead in a few seconds.

Now... Venom... VS dock ock... whooo boy... I would love to see that. Id also love to see dock ock try to take on juggey, lol.

klipso
did you even watch the movie? anybody with a gun was taken out before they got a shot off. and they wouldnt shoot him while he has a hostage

wrathofachilles
I searched and there were no topics with this title even though I figured there would be after the movies. Anyway, just pointing that out so I don't get yelled at by the jerks who take this forum way too seriously. No offense......well maybe a little wink

Oh, and Green Goblin.

MatchesMalone
Now that's pretty funny. I like the hidden joke. Anyway, my guess is green goblin.

Mane
GG wins. one projectile and/or a barrage of gattling gun shells to Ock's chest or head and hes done.

wrathofachilles
Well Octopus' arms could block the batarangs or whatever they're called. And I guess I should rephrase: without the glider's guns or anything. Still the Goblin of course, but I think it would be a good fight.

How about this question: which one's smarter? Of course Ock is brilliant and all, but Osborn is incredibly intelligent in his schemes and manipulations.

Mane
Ock is smarter, but Osborn is a better tactician...

wrathofachilles
Lol, you're no fun. Someone's sure to disagree eventually. If people think Batman can beat Thor, anything's probable.

Mookermadness
Dock Ock's cool and all, but the Green Goblin could win both ways: comics AND movies. Besides, in the movie, they increased Osborn's strength from the comics to match Otto's. So even without the glider, the Green Goblin would have a chance(even though they are both my favorites along with the Joker and others).

crazyspinz
well, one bullet in the head and ock is well, dead. he has no way of stopping a bullet either. but i was suprised to see how durable doc oc was in the movie, like spidey punches him in the face as hard as he can, and ock doesnt even get knocked over, then spidey goes and stops a train?, since when is ock that durable

wrathofachilles
Your favorites along with Joker and others? lol, that's too many favorites. As for Ock not having a way of stopping bullets, perhaps you missed the crux of his character: the arms! He can move the arms at the speed of thought, he could block bullets. Probably not an automatic weapon, but a regular handgun no problem. Ock's body isn't as strong as Goblin's, but his durability was increased slightly with the accident. Still, in the comics, Spider-Man can knock him out with one good shot, but that would make for a boring movie you know. A comic fight is rarely longer than a few pages, a movie has to have a good 10-20 minutes of fight time.

wrathofachilles
One point of interest: Ock's name has always been written as Otto Octavius, but in Amazing #3 where he's introduced *I just got it* it's written as Octavious. Also, he calls Spider-Man 'Superman' on one page, lol. Stan Lee was obviously drinking when he wrote that issue.

Paola
lol... it would be great to see a scan of that ^

crazyspinz
hahaha, stupid writers

wrathofachilles
That would damage the integrity and value of the comic.

Oh screw it, I admit, I don't have a scanner, lol.

Paola
laughing out loud

Dr. Joke
I am reading a book where a man who calls himself the Gentleman organized a new Sinister Six. He was also responsible for Peter's parents' death and brain washing his sister! He kills people for profit, and was going to erase all the legal documents of Manhattan, causing an international crises. What do you say about a guy like this

Dr. Joke
Doc Ock because he is stronger and smarter and he even struck fear into the Gentleman.

wrathofachilles
Doctor Octopus is not stronger, not by any means. Green Goblin is stronger than Spider-Man. As for intelligence, Octavius is a scientist, but Osborn is much more intelligent from a battle stand-point. To which 'Gentleman' are you referring?

wrathofachilles
Peter doesn't have a sister....what the hell book is that?

Dr. Joke
Yes he dose her name is Carla May Meldoson. The reason her name is Meldson is because she was born when Peter's parents were under secret identities.

Dr. Joke
And if you don't think Ock is bad I will quote what Spidy says. Mind you he has all ready told somebody about about The Vulture, The Chameleon, Electro, Mysterio, and Pity (His sister). Here is the quote, "And as if all of that wasn't bad enough, I have considerately saved the worst for last. Dr. Otto Octavius, who goes by the name Dr. Octopus. Here's a guy, I can't even begin to tell you what's dangerous about him. Just to start with, he's one of the ten most brilliant scientists on the planet-an expert is the electromagnetic spectrum, who knows more about the effects of radiation than anybody else alive. Combine this with the fact that he's also a totally murderous psychopathic terrorist, who only one year ago (just picking one example at random, you understand) tried to kill about a billion people with nuclear weapons planted in several dozen major cities worldwide. Not a nice guy, and that's not the least of it, because I haven't even mentioned this special harness he wears that comes equipped with four flexible metal tentacles which move fast enough to deflect gunfire and are strong enough to swing subway trains like baseball bats. I'll note that the harness and the tentacles are made out of adamantium, an artificial alloy that once forged is indestructible enough to survive ground-zero nuclear explosions without a scratch. Next to that, anything else you might throw at it is just a bad joke." Now what can GG do that is better than that?

Arsenal
Otto has had adamantium tentacles outside of the revenge of the sinister six series?

wrathofachilles
Wait, you're getting this from a book? Unless Peter's 'sister' was introduced within the past year, he doesn't have a sister in comics.

Ock doesn't have adamantium arms outside the Revenge plotline. What can GG do? He has enough firepower to decimate Ock. Octavius can stop bullets with his arms, not rockets, missiles, or a barrage of pumpkin bombs. Ock cannot even touch Goblin when he's on his glider.

muffin man
hand-to-hand doc ock but green goblin doesn't fight like that so of course the osborn wins

DarkCrawler
In comics, Green Goblin is strength level slightly weaker then Spider-Man's. Each of Dr. Ock's arms can lift three tons, so their strength level counted together is 12 tons. So he is couple of tons stronger then Spider-Man

From Spider-Fan.org

Yeah, I dont know does that mean battle-wise, but anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.