KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Green Goblin vs. Doc Ock

?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Green Goblin 12 63.16%
Doc Ock 7 36.84%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Green Goblin vs. Doc Ock
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Green Goblin vs. Doc Ock

I'm mainly talking about the movie versions of these guys, I think Doc Ock would win, those tentacles would do some major damage.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 04:53 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Movie version Goblin sucked. Ock wins. Oh, Dafoe was great as Norman Osbourn.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 09:11 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I think the movie Goblin looked great. But Dafoe was great as Norman. smile

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 09:23 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

the movie goblin's plastic costumes was cheesy...but ya cant go wrong with my homie Dafoe big grin

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 05:20 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daywalker
Vigilante

Y'all can say what you want about "Gobby" but Doc would have his hands full. While GG is keeping Doc busy, the glider could come in for the kill. I don't care what he looks like, GG is very tricky and would defeat Doc Ock.

Green Goblin has enhanced strength, he's very resourceful and crafty.

Blade

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 09:25 PM
Daywalker is currently offline Click here to Send Daywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Daywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

They've gone way beyond the means with these characters hearing voices and projections. Boring and not entertaining. Contain the voices and get down to business. Goblin, Golem, this that and the other thing. We get that you got a screw lose if you want to punch a hole through someones chest. So boggy.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 06:14 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

its golum

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 02:15 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom
They've gone way beyond the means with these characters hearing voices and projections. Boring and not entertaining. Contain the voices and get down to business. Goblin, Golem, this that and the other thing. We get that you got a screw lose if you want to punch a hole through someones chest. So boggy.

In your opinion.

I think we can forgive them because Gollum is from Lord Of The Rings, originally written in 1937 (The Hobbit), and Green Goblin made his appearance in the sixties.

There are millions of people that will disagree with you there, bub.

They are based loosely on characters such as Macbeth, (should need to explain this? yes I do *sigh*) written by William Shakespeare, and is largely considerred one of his finest plays.

The whole mirror scene with Norman talking to himself in the Spiderman movie is probably the best bit from the entire film. Andy Serkis has recieved academy awards for his schizophrenic portrayal of Gollum.

Green Goblin and Gollum have every right to act like they do - it's only because they get copied time after time by pretenders. They are the trendsetters, so they can do what they bloody well like.

It's also down to the fact Lord Of The Rings and Spiderman have been released months between each other, and it seems similar, when in actual fact, theres about 30 years separating them historically.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:06 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

yes

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 03:37 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

DOK OCK
would kick gobbys @$$ yes yes yes

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 11:04 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
klipso

the green goblin would win, doc ock is no match for those pumpkin bombs and the glider...

the goblin armor didnt look that bad, it was made to be body armor not a costume

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 07:45 PM
klipso is currently offline Click here to Send klipso a Private Message Find more posts by klipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Are you kidding? Ock has no chance against the Goblin in a fight. Goblin dosent have an agenda with Ock he wouldnt play mind games with him

one pumpkin bomb to the chest and its over.

tho I have to say Ock kicked major ass Spiderman 2. every one needs to see this flick

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 10:18 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

The only reason goblin would win this... is the fact Ock HAS NO enhanced durability, and no special missiles or anything. Thats what bugged me about the second movie, and the comic books with doc ock. Those cops, I was like Damnit! Somebody just freggin shoot him. But no, they couldnt seem to hit him. Because, the only thing special about ock is that he has four giant arms. Thats it.
And would someone tell me why his arms have knives in them? Why would you put knives into mechanical arms that are supposed to be used for nuclear fision tests?! Dock ock is just... a really bad villain, but they did make him bad ass in the movie.
Goblin would soar around on his glider, firing missiles like nuts. Ock would be trying to throw things at him, and hed dodge them easily. No question, Goblin.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 12:15 AM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Goblin is much more sisnister in the comics as well. the movie dumbed him down.

the Goblins are easily the most dangerous enemy's Spiderman has
aside from Venom and the Lizard, Ock should stick with his brain and avoid brawls

Attachment: deathinthefamily1.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 01:53 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Yea, they ubered doc up, both in the movies and in the comics, it seems stupid some guy with mechanical arms can avoid barrages of bullets, and never get hit, and ETC, ETC.
VenomFAN, Venom is a protector of the innocents... I bealive so, he hates seeing innocents hurt, correct? Well, if venom got on ocks ass, he wouldnt last longer than... uh... dr dooms fear fall at universal studios... uhhh...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 02:53 AM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Yeah, Venom does go out of his way to protect innocent's. It would be hilarious to see Venom go after Ock.

in the comics usually landing one punch is enuf to drop Otto. it was the tenticles that made this a problem

the film let them trade blows for show. it was visually immpressive but a regular human taking class 10 blows and not having his brain turned into jelly? not very likely

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 03:54 AM
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, look at it this way. Ock's tentacles can reach from, what 6-25 ft.? Gobby could destroy him with some long-ranged missiles....i bet even Ock's tentacles cant stop one of gobby's missiles...maybe a pumpkin bomb, but not a missile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 05:38 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Doc ock is only a good villain because of his intelligence. And yes, spiderman punching otto in the face, as he did in the movie, He would be DEAD, TOTALLY dead. Actually... Dock ocks tentacles are shitty. The only good thing, as I said, is hes so super intelligent, the bad guys look to him as a leader. In the movie, it showed may hitting him with an umbrella with enough force as to break his glasses, shatter them. That alone, would have put him down for the count for some time with a blow that hard.
Dok ocks tentacles can fulley retract, to where its just the four grabbers coming out, and you cant even tell there tentacles, or they can fulley extend to only about 20 feet. Theres really nothing special.
"Anyone take shop class?" Those saws in the movie, wouldnt even have scrached his arms however. His arms are impervious to virtually everything, but... I dont see why they couldnt just shoot him...

Gobby would be up there, tossing pumpking bombs, and ock would be dead in a few seconds.

Now... Venom... VS dock ock... whooo boy... I would love to see that. Id also love to see dock ock try to take on juggey, lol.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 07:44 PM
klipso

did you even watch the movie? anybody with a gun was taken out before they got a shot off. and they wouldnt shoot him while he has a hostage

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2004 03:02 AM
klipso is currently offline Click here to Send klipso a Private Message Find more posts by klipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Green Goblin vs. Dr. Octopus

I searched and there were no topics with this title even though I figured there would be after the movies. Anyway, just pointing that out so I don't get yelled at by the jerks who take this forum way too seriously. No offense......well maybe a little wink

Oh, and Green Goblin.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 03:18 AM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote