Thanos Vs. Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vu_Quang
Yesh the two big evil dc. marvel heavy hitters. who'd win? my vote goes to thanos because although darkseid has trumped superman it has been a bit of a challenge when supes gets mad enough. but who do you think would win ? sorry if this has been argued already.

manjaro
unfortunately, not only has it been argued, it has been written in a few cross over issues, and each time they showed that neither of them could gain the upper hand on each other. Also, every time when it seemed like thier would be a decision, something always interrupts them so we'll never know.

Linkalicious
I just hope people don't come in here and use the "Thanos has the Heart of the Universe" so he wins. Arguement.

I don't know enough about Darkseid to vote for him....so Thanos.

manjaro
If i were to seriously give my opinion, I would have to give it to Darksied becuase he's a god, while thanos is just a very very powerful near immortal being. as far as power levels are concerned they are both basically the same. with the Exception that Darkseid is naturally immortal. and unlike thanos who is merely a conduit for ambient cosmic energy, Darksied is truly a cosmic being. moreover, not only is Darksied capable of drawing power from all the ambient energy fields in the universe, he also taps into the infinite Omega Force that fuels the planet Apokolips, so theoretically, the only way to bring him down to a o level so it is possible for someone to *kill* him is to destroy the planet. In other words, as long as Apokolips lives so will Darksied. So the simple fact that thanos is a super genious, he probably would think of that and blow up the planet before he takes him on, but Darksied would still be able to power up with other cosmic energies, so from a logical point of view it would have to be a draw. but PPl might still have thier personal opinions

Arachnoidfreak
I'm going with Thanos, I have not seen Darkseid do anything too spectacular yet, while Thanos is always busy. If Darkseid is a god, he is a weak one. In Cosmic Odessey, he needed his own power, plus the power of Etrigan to merely take a fraction of the Anti-Life being's power, and then had to use his new powers, along with his old powers AND Etrigan's to seal up the passage way between realities. Alot of work for a ''god''. Thanos on the other hand, has conquered the universe. I pick Thanos.

Wynndar
I would not consider Darkseid's title of "god" as an argment...Thor is considered a god but he is fodder against Thanos...who is a "titan" and they r just as powerful and long lived as any gods...Darkseid has been given a lot of trouble form finite characters like superman and doomsday...however, the Hulk and X-man teamed up just to fight the Astral form of Thanos and barely survived...they r considered to have limitless power by themselves but couldnt handle a shodaw of the real thing...Darkseid's power is very understood, while Thanos has been able to engage galactus and Tyrant without the assistance of the infinity gems...it seems like sometimes he is very powerful, then sometimes he is even more powereful!...but oh well...it is DC vs Marvel so i dont think its a very viable argument...but i think Thanos is cooler

Never
Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Darkseid without it.

Magee
Thanos.
He has been able to hold his own with such people as Odin, Galactus, Thor and Galactus's heralds. Odin has said not only has Thanos the power to use cosmic energy but he can tap into dark matter (energy maybe might have been). Im not sure of darkseids power but going against supes must give him atleast 90 tons. But it has been said that Thanos has unlimited amount of strength, he has knocked The Hulk back a few miles with little or no effort. Thanos is immortal as he has been banished from deaths realm meaning he cant go there meaning he cant die. He can teleport with some effort but im not gonna go into with what Thanos can do, long list.
I just think Thanos could take Darkseid, im not a huge fan of DC Comics but ive never realy seen any extraordinary things done by Darkseid. yes

moshtitan
in mythology werent titans more powerfull than gods to an extent? besides that inquiery ill go with Thanos, but im a marvel man so its not an unbiased opinion.

Lord Ryugen
Didn't Death banish Thanos from her relm, effectivly making him unkillable? If thats true then Darkseid is gonna have a hell of a battle against a super being who can't die. But if he can die then Darkseid to take it after a hell of a battle.

Linkalicious
kinda off topic here but, are there any comics where Thanos comes to earth to meddle with it? I know he's a terror to the univers, but none of the comics i have him in show him going to earth.

IRTMU-Dragon
Thanos has that special heart, so he definatley wins.

Linkalicious
please read the 3rd post on this thread...

Bojangles
Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos Thanos

blink

papablkbear
Based on what i read and know of Thanos i have to go with him but it would b a VERY close battle. I can't find anything on darkseid but i'm sure a few of u have read this about Thanos particuarly( i can't spell today sorry) his strength level and fighting skills.

http://marveldirectory.com/individuals/t/thanos.htm

DarkCrawler
http://thanos.crowfans.com/powers.html
Thanos.

Never
I see a lot of people need to do their Darkseid homework...

*His origin --- he's the son of a Promethean Giant, the only being close enough in power to Yuga to potentially kill him, he possesses the totality of an energy all of The New Gods considered ultimate power (even LOOKING at it could destroy the minds of Gods), and he's The Source's natural counter to Highfather, who's solidly Skyfather-level, and always has been under all of Highfather's portrayals from each and every author

*His "definitive writers" generally write him as Skyfather-level --- Kirby had him as, by FAR, the most powerful being on Apokolips (a planet producing beings that were shown as more powerful than Superman in his original issues) and ruled it by complete fear.

Kirby also had Darkseid casually dismiss guys like Brola (who gave Orion quite a tussle), The Forever People, and both Mantis and The Infinity Man (who were each far more powerful than Superman, and the former of which was stated as having star-system destroying blasts).

Likewise, beings like The Deep Six, Mantis, and The Gravi-Gaurds matched or overpowered those such as Superman, Orion, and the star-creating Lightray, as well as having been stated as drawing on heavy-mass GALAXIES for power, or having solar system-shattering blasts, and they all lived in absolute fear of Darkseid, acknowledging his much greater power (in fact, he GAVE Mantis his powers).

Kirby also collaborated on Super Powers vol. 1-2, where minicule fractions of Darkseid's power, handed out to Earth's villains, provide each villain with team-bashing power, and they perform feats such as devolving Superman, creating alternate universes, freezing time, and mind-controlling Green Lantern, and later, Darkseid himself defeats Superman, Dr. Fate, Green Lantern, Red Tornado, Wonder Woman, Firestorm, Martian Manhunter, The Flash, and others with no more thanb the wave of a hand.

Byrne had Darkseid slaughtering Pantheons and performing feats that expended more energy than all of Apokolips combined used (plus imprisoning the Godwave-powered Ares with a thought), Walt had him easily humbling guys like Metron, Slig, and Raker (as well as the "star-shaking" power statement), Rachel had him besting Orion and Superman in a page each, stalemating Highfather, disrupting The Source itself with his essence, ressurecting Orion easily, and effortlessly blocking Atinai's blast, Levitz wrote him doing all of those Great Darkness Saga (and its sequels) feats while weakened, D n' A wrote the Foundations feats for young Darkseid, Evanier had him eliminating Aggog and Kalibak effortlessly, as well as being a relatively close second to the universe-threatening Yuga Khan in power, Ostrander wrote all of his feats in Martian Manhunter and The Spectre, and Paul Kupperberg collaborated with Kirby for the Super Powers stuff, as well as writing him above Takion and Stayne in power.

moshtitan
thanos basically wiped out the entire marvel universe, but he had the infinity gauntlet...darkseid beat all those d.c. characters with his own power and apparently no help from an out side force such as the gauntlet, or the heart of the universe. maybe darkseid is better than thanos?

VENOMfan
hmm...do you mean more powerfull? Im pretty sure Darkseid can take Thanos if he is not packing the infinity gauntlet or HOTU.*check Never's post to see for yourself*

otherwise who knows

or do you mean character wise? that is all about preferance. from what I know about the two Thanos seemed more interesting. but thats just me

Victor Von Doom
I'd back Thanos against most anyone.

moshtitan
oh ya, thanos is way cooler than darkseid.

Punstarr
I'd say that Thanos would win based on sheer genious. I mean come on, he outsmarted Marvel's version of Satan for Gawd's sake in the Infinite Crusades. Dr. Doom is like my God in terms of villains but he can't hold a candle intellectually to Thanos. He once came up with a moon sized ship/big fricking energy cannon that could atomize a solar system that he had "stashed away in a pocket dimension" and that he referred to as "a quaint little toy from his misguided youth". And Heck if needs be he could just get ahold of the Ultimate Nullifier... heh it's not like getting it is hard to do, seems like everyone but Aunt May has had access to it at some point. And I'm sorry, the Ultimate Nullifier would end Darkseid in less than a heartbeat... no escape once it's been directed at you.

Viva la Thanos

moshtitan
Viva la Thanos......Viva la Marvel.

Manowar
i dont know...i still cant see Darkseid defeating Thanos

moshtitan
i wish they would make a comic with a clear cut winner.....but can you imagine if they teamed up?
Thanos and Darkseid: Pure terrible titanic evil

Jason Wyngarde
thanos is way cooler and better. he wins

eleveninches
The creator of Thanos had admitted that he WAS a rip-off of Darkseid

kgkg
"The creator of Thanos had admitted that he WAS a rip-off of Darkseid"
yes they did.

i whould go with Thanos any day.

here is why.

who has deafated thanos? even stonger being such as tyrant and Odin he stood unharm.

thanos defeated : silver surfer , thor , avgenger , hulk the list goes on.

while ya i agree darksied was equal to Thanos is the early days now him and his omega beam is just a joke even superman beat the shit out him. And ya superman is stong but sufer , thor can beat him and hulk has a chance at him.

While thanos bitches slaps all of them.

They were creater for the same reason but marvel made the full usage of Thanos . The greatest terror in MU.

Hegemon875
the king rules! Does anyone know if he created any other DC characters besides the New Gods and Darkseid?

savagerampage
Thanos is now immortal he would crush darkseid

snoopdogg
Marvel has a habit of doing that.

Beyonder
You improving the character and make them more engaging, rather than set them up for a beat down by Superman? Yeah, guess I'll take my ripoff character in that case.

snoopdogg
The one thing I get a laugh out of is that is ok for Marvel to have a unbeatable character when DC has one they say that he is overrated or DC overpowers their characters. This is a good example of the narrow minded fans out there.

K Von Doom
I believe Thanos is Darkseid, done correctly.

Beyonder
If his name is Superman then yes. No doubt about overrated.

Kento
Well since in the Batman/Superman comic Batman outsmarted Darkseid, and only survived cause of Mother Box putting a field around him....I think that maybe Thanos could possibly do it. I've heard more stuff that Thanos has done instead of Darkseid next to being a lot more powerful then Supes.

kgkg
Thanos has beated: silver surfer , thor , Hulk list goes on...

which all of them can beat superman with the execption of hulk

Kento
I thought Supes has beaten Thor.

Hegemon875
That has nothing to do with who would win.

kgkg
"I thought Supes has beaten Thor."
when this happend

it's very unlike that thor will loose to Superman.

Hegemon875
Within the DC universe Superman is not overpowered, its only when compared to the Marvel Universe that some DC characters can seem overpowered. Maybe the problem isnt that DC is overpowered but that Marvel Heroes are too weak, its all relative.

kgkg
"Within the DC universe Superman is not overpowered, its only when compared to the Marvel Universe that some DC characters can seem overpowered. Maybe the problem isnt that DC is overpowered but that Marvel Heroes are too weak, its all relative."

True

but now i see it being more blanced that before

in marvel we have people like sentry , mag , king thor , hulk , jug , thanos which are bad as the DC char

but in term of team like x-men , FF , and other weak team their powers are limited to few powers , while DC gives all there member lots of power.

Super , MM , WW etc.

Kento
In JLA/Avengers. confused I could be confused or read what somebody said wrong though.

kgkg
Avenger / defender are at level of JLA defender are greater but other groups get distoryed easy like superman can take group like

FF4 , x-men , Alpha f , Sinister six etc . i think that's why people think DC is overpowered but if you look at defender you will see it's not really that much diff.

The Flash
Is this PreC Darkseid or ProC Darkseid?

snoopdogg
Thanks for contributing to the cause.

Pepito
If Darkseid pools his a large proportion of his army and allies into the battle then he might force Thanos into a retreat but since Thanos is totally immortal to anyone below death this could only be acieved by a constant impenetrable defence. In a one on one Darkseid falls pretty quickly.

eleveninches
Well, you can compare their powers to that of baseline (regular) humans

Hegemon875
yeah but that I dont agree that that is the standard you should use, rather judge the heroes by the villians.

Lord S
Someone mentioned that these two have fought before...I know they did (or tried to) in "DC vs. Marvel", but when did they fight before? Issues please.

As for the debate...I really wouldn't know without doing some proper research...they seem so equally matched, it's a toss up.

JWangSDC
Pre-crisis Darkseid wins, Current darkseid would get owned

savagerampage
Thanos hands down. he is immortal, meaning he cant die. superman has defeated darkseid, thanos has kicked the surfers ass numerous times, superman doesnt even stand a chance against the surfer. thanos creams darkseid

eleveninches
Just because he cant die doesn't mean he cant be beat

kgkg
Originally posted by eleveninches
Just because he cant die doesn't mean he cant be beat
he can be beat but not by darkseid when did we see thanos getting bitchslaped??? even if he did it has to be the likes of Tyrant , Odin , even then he was kicking.

while darksied is being murder by superman , DD .

i whould say Pre Crisis Darksied is = or greater than Thanos , but the current one will get own big time.

Superherovandal
what about Pre-Crisis Darkseid?

savagerampage
well using pre crisis darkseid is like using thanos with the infinitey gauntlet in which case Darkseid loses again and again. darkseid has no chance

kgkg
Thanos doesn't need Ig to put a fight against Pre Crisis Darksied .

I whould say Pre Crisis Darksied whould win , but Thanos will give him a fight.

But normal Darkseid will get own , and bitchslaped

savagerampage
If Darkseid goes pre crisis he would still lose.

juggernaut74
Thanos is a Darkseid rippoff. PC Darkseid wins but current version could go down against his Marvel clone.

savagerampage
we all know thanos is a darkseid rip off but he would still go down to thanos. We all know the surfer can kick pretty much almost anyone in the dc universe minus there really powerful characters. superman has kicked darkseids ass on numerous occasions if im not mistaken, and superman is no where near as powerful as surfer. thanos almost killed surfer.

its simple thanos will win

juggernaut74
Darkseid almost killed Surfer as well. He shot him with his omega beams and the mettalic stuff was flying of Surfer. Kinda like rock,paper and scissors dont you think.

savagerampage
yeah in a crossover bro.

juggernaut74
Well anytime any of these characters would fight would be a crossover. And that is all we have to go on here.

savagerampage
Well not really you go on there strengths and weakness in there own worlds. all crossovers do are screw up the characters that are in them.

kgkg
Originally posted by savagerampage
Well not really you go on there strengths and weakness in there own worlds. all crossovers do are screw up the characters that are in them.
exactly , then if we go by crossover than here is a logic that u will most likely not agree.

Wov stabed , lobo and knock his shit ass in seconds.

Lobo is equal to superman if not better(he did beat superman)

so Wov will knock the shit out of superman TOO.

And superman is one of the Stongest JLA

than Wov will be top dog in DC

JWangSDC
anyone have any evidence of Pre crisis darkseid's great power? pictures..

Decay
im sure this would have to have been done before but i took a quick look and if it has it wasnt very recently. this is thanos without imortality of course, and its not on apokalips.

Juntai
Everyone says how Darkseid is so depowered and he's not shit anymore, bla bla bla, but the fact is Darksied has only been even harmed by four people that I know of, Orion, Superman, The Spectre and Doomsday, and being harmed by beings of this level does NOT mean you're weak in any way.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Juntai
Orion, Superman, The Spectre and Doomsday, and being harmed by beings of this level does NOT mean you're weak in any way.

All weaker then Thanos, except Spectre. Now as it stands, Darkseid doesn't stand a chance, easy match for Thanos.

Juntai
Originally posted by Xplosive
All weaker then Thanos, except Spectre. Now as it stands, Darkseid doesn't stand a chance, easy match for Thanos. Who has harmed Thanos? I seem to recall Wolverine shanking him. I recall Thor bashing him pretty good. I recall him saying a nuke would kill him.

Magic_attack
Who has harmed Thanos? I seem to recall Wolverine shanking him. I recall Thor bashing him pretty good. I recall him saying a nuke would kill him.

?

Wolverine? come on now... No one ever stated Thanos couldnt be cut by Wolvie. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Thor w/ the power gem? That was a stalemate AT BEST for Thor, because Thanos won with a plot device. But Thanos was asked to handle Thor, who had gone mad.
Everyone keeps saying the nuke would kill Thanos... The nuke exploded, and Thanos was there. a couple of pages later he is on some planet farming looking for inner peace. So it didnt kill him. Did anyone actually read the Infinity Gauntlet series? confused

If you want to list Characters who have harmed Thanos... Odin, Galactus.

Juntai
Originally posted by Magic_attack
?

Wolverine? come on now... No one ever stated Thanos couldnt be cut by Wolvie. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Thor w/ the power gem? That was a stalemate AT BEST for Thor, because Thanos won with a plot device. But Thanos was asked to handle Thor, who had gone mad.
Everyone keeps saying the nuke would kill Thanos... The nuke exploded, and Thanos was there. a couple of pages later he is on some planet farming looking for inner peace. So it didnt kill him. Did anyone actually read the Infinity Gauntlet series? confused

If you want to list Characters who have harmed Thanos... Odin, Galactus. And Wolverine and Thor, and Gladiator too..?
I also seen human cops taking Thanos off.
lol. Doug Side has never sank that low.

Magic_attack
And Wolverine and Thor, and Gladiator too..?

Gladiator? I dont recall that one... issue?
Wolverine? no.not really...
Thor? Only when he had the Power Gem. Otherwise its been all Thanos.

Human cops? well u got me there. But that was an early showing of Thanos. embarrasment

dvampire
Originally posted by Xplosive
All weaker then Thanos, except Spectre. Now as it stands, Darkseid doesn't stand a chance, easy match for Thanos.

Prove that they're weaker than Thanos?

dvampire
Gladiator? I dont recall that one... issue?
Wolverine? no.not really...
Thor? Only when he had the Power Gem. Otherwise its been all Thanos.

Human cops? well u got me there. But that was an early showing of Thanos. embarrasment

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7364/thanos2pc.jpg

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5038/thanosboom1vs.jpg

Hes been hurt by alot lesser attacks.

Decay
just becuase he was sent off his feet doesnt mean he was hurt.

Juntai
lol^
exactly I'm not saying who kicked his ass. .I'm saying those are the only people who have even made Darkseid stumble a step or even turn his head. Many more people have done that to Thanos than Darkseid.

Xplosive
Originally posted by dvampire
Prove that they're weaker than Thanos?

Darkseid of now would be pretty easy match for Thanos.

Decay
maybe thanos is just kind of a goofy clutz. i dont really know much about darkseid, other than i heard someone saythat thanos is darseid but well written and alot cooler. the only tine ive seen him in a comic was when he was scared of doomsday kicking the crap out of him. i dont know all that much about thanos either, apart from most people think he can take out the surfer, and there is serious debate as to wether superman can beat the surfer, so it seemed like a pretty cool match up. i have some what ifs with thanos. mostly infinity gauntlet stuff.

Dizzle

Neither of those did any real damage to him. The closest he's been to "killed" is when Odin went and beat the crap out of him. He still managed to stand up though...

Juntai
Originally posted by Dizzle
Neither of those did any real damage to him. The closest he's been to "killed" is when Odin went and beat the crap out of him. He still managed to stand up though... It doesnt need to have killed him. What I'm saying is what has affected him, because those few guys I've named are the only ones who've even made him back up a step, and they're some of the universes baddest.

Smaxxer
Originally posted by Dizzle
The closest he's been to "killed" is when Odin went and beat the crap out of him. He still managed to stand up though...
Barely wink

Magic_attack

Where does it say that he was hurt?
The first is an early showing of Thanos.
The 2nd is one where he was talking about the nuke.

No one has stated that Thanos cant be hit.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Decay
maybe thanos is just kind of a goofy clutz. i dont really know much about darkseid, other than i heard someone saythat thanos is darseid but well written and alot cooler. the only tine ive seen him in a comic was when he was scared of doomsday kicking the crap out of him. i dont know all that much about thanos either, apart from most people think he can take out the surfer, and there is serious debate as to wether superman can beat the surfer, so it seemed like a pretty cool match up. i have some what ifs with thanos. mostly infinity gauntlet stuff.

It's not that Thanos "could" take out Surfer... He has. Many times. Surfer unloaded as much power cosmic as he could put into a blast directly into Thanos's face. He just kinda laughed. Surfer beats Superman pretty easily... The ability to control and project any type of radiation that he wants and all that.

Darkseid HAS gotten a lot weaker. Your list of heroes is flawed, since Supes is pretty much the only guy he faces. While Thanos has fought... pretty much everyone there is to fight in the MU.

Juntai
Where does it say that he was hurt?
The first is an early showing of Thanos.
The 2nd is one where he was talking about the nuke.

No one has stated that Thanos cant be hit. and that Thor coming down with the hammer might have maybe staggered Darkseid, Superman smashed Thor and can barely stagger Darkseid.

Magic_attack
And Wolverine and Thor, and Gladiator too..?
lol. Doug Side has never sank that low.

What about Darkseid in Superfriends???? That was pretty low... big grin

Juntai
What about Darkseid in Superfriends???? That was pretty low... big grin cartoon, irrelivent.

Magic_attack
cartoon, irrelivent.

Crossovers are?

Juntai
Crossovers are? Crossovers are what? What crossover?

Magic_attack
and that Thor coming down with the hammer might have maybe staggered Darkseid, Superman smashed Thor and can barely stagger Darkseid.

Crossovers are relevant?
Not for debates on this forum. They arent cannon. Bad writing.

Darkseid almost died at the hands of Doomsday, if it werent for the motherbox saving his life.

Thanos survivied a battle with Odin.

Current Thanos wins if Darkseid is post crisis.
Pre-crisis Darkseid would probably take it.

Juntai
Crossovers are relevant?
Not for debates on this forum. They arent cannon. Bad writing.

Darkseid almost died at the hands of Doomsday, if it werent for the motherbox saving his life.

Thanos survivied a battle with Odin.

Current Thanos wins if Darkseid is post crisis.
Pre-crisis Darkseid would probably take it. JLA/Avengers is a canon event.

Warmonger
If you are in afight and someone takes a snap shot of you getting punched and shows it to people, it won't matter how little damage the punch actually did to you it will look to onlookers like you were getting your ass whupped.

That is the case with this two pics you have. Why don't your show the entire fight, whre Thanos manhandles them?Why don't you show Thanos taking out the Champion? Why don't you show Thanos beating down Hulk and Drax the destroyer simultaneoulsy?

The two pics you show only show that you come into this fight with an axe to grind against Thanos. The fact remains that against the most powerful heros in his universe Thanos takes them down more often than not. Darksied dosen't do any thing more sinster than walking around with his hands behind his back, and when a fight finaly breaks out, agianst a poweful oppononent, he folds up like oragami.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Warmonger
Darksied dosen't do any thing more sinster than walking around with his hands behind his back, and when a fight finaly breaks out, agianst a poweful oppononent, he folds up like oragami.

laughing out loud

GalacticStorm
Thanos wins against Post crisis Darkseid. This debate has occurred many a time in the past and all came to the same conclusion.

Supes alone can handle Darkseid. Thanos can take on multiple class 100's such as the hulk, Hercules and Thing and do just fine.

Juntai
If you are in afight and someone takes a snap shot of you getting punched and shows it to people, it won't matter how little damage the punch actually did to you it will look to onlookers like you were getting your ass whupped.

That is the case with this two pics you have. Why don't your show the entire fight, whre Thanos manhandles them?Why don't you show Thanos taking out the Champion? Why don't you show Thanos beating down Hulk and Drax the destroyer simultaneoulsy?

The two pics you show only show that you come into this fight with an axe to grind against Thanos. The fact remains that against the most powerful heros in his universe Thanos takes them down more often than not. Darksied dosen't do any thing more sinster than walking around with his hands behind his back, and when a fight finaly breaks out, agianst a poweful oppononent, he folds up like oragami. Well, Darkseid is an omnipresent force, earthlings lifetimes go by in moments to him.. he has no need for battling heros unless they come to him. The fact is, only 4 of the strongest baddes in either universe have hit Darkseid with everything they had and he barely staggered. Meanwhile you see Thanos getting knocked around galaxies like a ***** and chopped by Wolverine and taken down and handcuffed by humans and walked to jail.

Magic_attack
Doomsday left Darksied for dead. Superman had to use a motherbox to save him.

I dont recall anyone leaving Thanos in that kind of shape. anyone?

olympian
"Who has harmed Thanos? I seem to recall Wolverine shanking him. I recall Thor bashing him pretty good. I recall him saying a nuke would kill him"

None of those ever came close to beat him. You just have to remember what happened to Wolverine after.

And what he said its mooth since its was proven wrong iirc. Didnt he survive the explosion anyway.

"I also seen human cops taking Thanos off.
lol. Doug Side has never sank that low."

Wasent he robbed once in an alley in some comic?

Juntai
Doomsday left Darksied for dead. Superman had to use a motherbox to save him.

I dont recall anyone leaving Thanos in that kind of shape. anyone? Doomsday=higher level than human cops.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"Who has harmed Thanos? I seem to recall Wolverine shanking him. I recall Thor bashing him pretty good. I recall him saying a nuke would kill him"

None of those ever came close to beat him. You just have to remember what happened to Wolverine after.

And what he said its mooth since its was proven wrong iirc. Didnt he survive the explosion anyway.

"I also seen human cops taking Thanos off.
lol. Doug Side has never sank that low."

Wasent he robbed once in an alley in some comic? Show me.

Warmonger
Well, Darkseid is an omnipresent force, earthlings lifetimes go by in moments to him.. he has no need for battling heros unless they come to him. The fact is, only 4 of the strongest baddes in either universe have hit Darkseid with everything they had and he barely staggered. Meanwhile you see Thanos getting knocked around galaxies like a ***** and chopped by Wolverine and taken down and handcuffed by humans and walked to jail.

What difference does it make if you get knocked around, if your opponet can't beat you? Darksied wasn't "staggered", he got beat by Superman twice, Doomsday beat the piss out of him till he had to call on Superman to save him. When has Thanos ever folded up agianst a foe? Never. Even when he is fighting against someone more powerful than him, like tyrant or Odin, he just kept coming. In what Canon has Wolverine ever chopped him up? Never. Wolverine stabbed him straight in the chest and he didn't even blink. Never seen him get handcuffed and walked off to jail, but don't tell me that you think he can be held by handcuffs, I know you posses enough independance of thought to know BS when you see it.

He beat Silver Surfer to death wiht his bear hands, then brought him bakc to life just to prove a point, and the srfer could hang with any of those 4 and beat at least 3 of them.

Juntai
Thanos has high showings, but Thanos has very low showings too. Darkseid, win or lost, has never ever been slapped around like Thanos...Darkseid's low showing is getting beaten by the indestructible apocalypse creature. This is what I'm trying to say.

Magic_attack
Doomsday=higher level than human cops.

Yeah, but Darkseid couldnt even knock out batman.

Thanos has gone toe to toe with Odin.

Juntai
What difference does it make if you get knocked around, if your opponet can't beat you? Darksied wasn't "staggered", he got beat by Superman twice, Doomsday beat the piss out of him till he had to call on Superman to save him. When has Thanos ever folded up agianst a foe? Never. Even when he is fighting against someone more powerful than him, like tyrant or Odin, he just kept coming. In what Canon has Wolverine ever chopped him up? Never. Wolverine stabbed him straight in the chest and he didn't even blink. Never seen him get handcuffed and walked off to jail, but don't tell me that you think he can be held by handcuffs, I know you posses enough independance of thought to know BS when you see it.

He beat Silver Surfer to death wiht his bear hands, then brought him bakc to life just to prove a point, and the srfer could hang with any of those 4 and beat at least 3 of them. Superman beat Darkseid in the resultion of the conflict at the end of Our World's at War, and all he did was rough him up and stagger him. The later showing you're talking about MUST be in Batman/Superman, when all he did was grab him and boom tube him and leave, which isn't even actually fighting him.

Juntai
Yeah, but Darkseid couldnt even knock out batman.

Thanos has gone toe to toe with Odin. Batman had armor and tech created by the Gods.
The cops didnt
And Batman started spilling the plot so he didnt get hit anymore, because he was about to die

Warmonger
Wasn't Darkside Stabbed and wounded by an amazon? Not Diana either Ill have to look it up.

I know for a fact that Darkseid used his Omega beams on Jimmy Olsen once and they had know effect because he was wearing a bullet proof vest. Imagine that a item evey 'human cop' has acces to.

Magic_attack
Thanos has high showings, but Thanos has very low showings too. Darkseid, win or lost, has never ever been slapped around like Thanos...Darkseid's low showing is getting beaten by the indestructible apocalypse creature. This is what I'm trying to say.

The low showings that you are using are from like the seventies. Thanos has been powered up.
Darkseid has been powered down to give post crisis-superman a higher showing. If this is current versions of both characters Thanos wins.

Juntai
Wasn't Darkside Stabbed and wounded by an amazon? Not Diana either Ill have to look it up.

I know for a fact that Darkseid used his Omega beams on Jimmy Olsen once and they had know effect because he was wearing a bullet proof vest. Imagine that a item evey 'human cop' has acces to. Show me.

Juntai
The low showings that you are using are from like the seventies. Thanos has been powered up.
Darkseid has been powered down to give post crisis-superman a higher showing. If this is current versions of both characters Thanos wins. And getting chopped up by Wolverine?

Warmonger
Show me.

Show me when Thanos gets choped up by Wolverine or where Thanos gets arrested, and can't escape.

Magic_attack
And getting chopped up by Wolverine?

I already stated that he was stabbed. But there was no effect. I never said that Thanos couldnt be pierced or stabbed, or that he didnt bleed. I doubt that Darksied couldnt be stabbed either. But wolverine had no effect on Thanos.

Juntai
Show me when Thanos gets choped up by Wolverine or where Thanos gets arrested, and can't escape. They're posted all over in the other Thanos threads, and everyone knows it, meanwhile these mythical ones of anyone besides the apocalypse beast, another god.. his own son no less.., Superman, and Spectre even making post crisis Darkseid even flench don't exist.

Magic_attack
Show me when Thanos gets choped up by Wolverine or where Thanos gets arrested, and can't escape.

The Thanos getting stabbed happened 2x. I know the comics.

Thanos getting arrested happened in the 70's. I dont remember the comic. It was kinda pathetic.

Juntai
Look, I'll use current Superman as the benchmark here.....

Superman bloodlust can stagger and knock Darkseid down at most... If Thor is smacking Thanos across the Universe do you have any idea of what Bloodlusted Superman would do to him?

olympian
"Show me."

Show you what. I asked if anyone knows of this to be true.

"Thanos has high showings, but Thanos has very low showings too. Darkseid, win or lost, has never ever been slapped around like Thanos"

Nah. Thanos has that low showing pre power up and the wolverine one, where the midget still got owned like a baby.

How many times Darkseid has lost so far, post crisis? Even having problems with Byrne Superman.

Juntai
"Show me."

Show you what. I asked if anyone knows of this to be true.

"Thanos has high showings, but Thanos has very low showings too. Darkseid, win or lost, has never ever been slapped around like Thanos"

Nah. Thanos has that low showing pre power up and the wolverine one, where the midget still got owned like a baby.

How many times Darkseid has lost so far, post crisis? Even having problems with Byrne Superman. Look, I'll use current Superman as the benchmark here.....

Superman bloodlust can stagger and knock Darkseid down at most... If Thor is smacking Thanos across the Universe do you have any idea of what Bloodlusted Superman would do to him?

Magic_attack
Look, I'll use current Superman as the benchmark here.....

?

Thor cant smack Thanos around the universe. Thor can catch him off guard with Mjolnr. Thor can use the power gem to stalemate. Thats about all....

That is a bad analogy.

Warmonger
The Thanos getting stabbed happened 2x. I know the comics.

Thanos getting arrested happened in the 70's. I dont remember the comic. It was kinda pathetic.

Thanos was never "chopped up" by Wolverine. Wolverine stabbed him during the Infinity Gauntlet thing, though as I said Thanos didn't even blink. The other was during the DC/Marvel fan vote crossover where Wolverine slashed Thanos across the back, of course if you want to start bringing in that crossover you might as say that Superman can't beat venom, or that Storm beats Wonder Woman.

Also this whole thing is a poorly disguied deflection to atke the heat off of what this debate is really about. How many of these fights have Thanos acutally lost?

Also is that the basis of your argument? Thanos was once arrested by cops, and stabbed by Wolverine, there fore he loses to Darkseid? I hope not. Anyone knows PIS when they see it, Thanos's high feats heavily out way nay silly writing thrown his way.

While Darkseid should be a big badass he has consitently been written as much less than that.

Decay
thanos was arrested by humans? isnt that kind of like building security showing up and kicking galactus off earth for illegally parking his energy converter on a helipad?

olympian
"Look, I'll use current Superman as the benchmark here....."

Fair. But you know Darkseid as lost to both versions.

"Superman bloodlust can stagger and knock Darkseid down at most"

And has beat him.

"... If Thor is smacking Thanos across the Universe do you have any idea of what Bloodlusted Superman would do to him?"

I may have missed this one. When did Thor ever smacked Thanos across the Universe.

Juntai
"Look, I'll use current Superman as the benchmark here....."

Fair. But you know Darkseid as lost to both versions.

"Superman bloodlust can stagger and knock Darkseid down at most"

And has beat him.

"... If Thor is smacking Thanos across the Universe do you have any idea of what Bloodlusted Superman would do to him?"

I may have missed this one. When did Thor ever smacked Thanos across the Universe. http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5038/thanosboom1vs.jpg

olympian
You call that smacking?

Not only that isent a fight, he also survived it.

Magic_attack

roll eyes (sarcastic) I already said getting hit by Mjolnr by surprise.

Juntai
... If Thor is smacking Thanos across the Universe do you have any idea of what Bloodlusted Superman would do to him?

olympian
As good as that " smacking " you posted there.

Nothing.

HigH ScholaR
hmm that's not around the universe

and as stated before from someone thanos was not on guard and he got hit from mojilnir, but i belive to be honest thanos wanted and expected someon to hit him so he can use his explosive so they can think he was dead

Magic_attack
Thanos was never "chopped up" by Wolverine. Wolverine stabbed him during the Infinity Gauntlet thing, though as I said Thanos didn't even blink. The other was during the DC/Marvel fan vote crossover where Wolverine slashed Thanos across the back, of course if you want to start bringing in that crossover you might as say that Superman can't beat venom, or that Storm beats Wonder Woman.

Also this whole thing is a poorly disguied deflection to atke the heat off of what this debate is really about. How many of these fights have Thanos acutally lost?

Also is that the basis of your argument? Thanos was once arrested by cops, and stabbed by Wolverine, there fore he loses to Darkseid? I hope not. Anyone knows PIS when they see it, Thanos's high feats heavily out way nay silly writing thrown his way.

While Darkseid should be a big badass he has consitently been written as much less than that.

I agree smile

Beyonder
he has no need for battling heros unless they come to him.

?Is that why he came to Earth and hid behind a door to ambush Superman?

Barely staggered?

Darkseid: Aaargh!! (DD hit him from behind)

Darkseid: I cannot believe a Krytonian insect beat me. What? All you want is a mere human when you could be Lord of Apokolips? (after Superman kicked his ass.)

Darkseid: But I...am Darkseii... (after Superman broke his face and arm)

Mastersn only removed him away from the heroes because of the nuke. As for Wolverine, did it hurt Thanos? He didn't even care.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
hmm that's not around the universe

and as stated before from someone thanos was not on guard and he got hit from mojilnir, but i belive to be honest thanos wanted and expected someon to hit him so he can use his explosive so they can think he was dead

wow. Someone who actually read The Infinity Gauntlet series....

Juntai
As good as that " smacking " you posted there.

Nothing. I'm just saying, the mightiest in the universe have barely barely staggered Darkseid, and characters much less than those have swatted Thanos around. I've never said who would win this fite, I came into it, because I knew a bunch of Thanos cockriders would talk about weak Darkseid is when the only people you can show me even of him even considering an opponent are Superman, his own son, the wrath of god, and the apocalypse creature. It's an impressive lineup.

kgkg
haa Darksied looses badly

Juntai
Originally posted by kgkg
haa Darksied looses badly I'm just saying, the mightiest in the universe have barely barely staggered Darkseid, and characters much less than those have swatted Thanos around. I've never said who would win this fite, I came into it, because I knew a bunch of Thanos cockriders would talk about weak Darkseid is when the only people you can show me even of him even considering an opponent are Superman, his own son, the wrath of god, and the apocalypse creature. It's an impressive lineup.

Magic_attack
yeah. maybe one time Darkseid will actually have a good showing.

HigH ScholaR
wow. Someone who actually read The Infinity Gauntlet series....

yep got it in graphic novel form published in 1992 wink

Juntai
yeah. maybe one time Darkseid will actually have a good showing. I'm just saying, the mightiest in the universe have barely barely staggered Darkseid, and characters much less than those have swatted Thanos around. I've never said who would win this fite, I came into it, because I knew a bunch of Thanos cockriders would talk about weak Darkseid is when the only people you can show me even of him even considering an opponent are Superman, his own son, the wrath of god, and the apocalypse creature. It's an impressive lineup.

olympian
"I'm just saying, the mightiest in the universe have barely barely staggered Darkseid"

And here lies your mistake. He has lost against those post crisis. Thanos barring one low showing pre power up has lost to who, of the top tier?

You have one low showing vs some. Its not difficult to see who would win, given theyr rep post crisis.

Magic_attack
yup

kgkg
I'm just saying, the mightiest in the universe have barely barely staggered Darkseid, and characters much less than those have swatted Thanos around. I've never said who would win this fite, I came into it, because I knew a bunch of Thanos cockriders would talk about weak Darkseid is when the only people you can show me even of him even considering an opponent are Superman, his own son, the wrath of god, and the apocalypse creature. It's an impressive lineup.
?

swatted Thanos

maybeeyou mised most of his showing?

wink

Thanos take cares of SS , Thor , Quasar , Marvel , Hulk , Champion.

and fights guys like Odin.

A guy who shook the multiverse.

while Darkseid get's his OB reflected by what 11 00 degree heat vision wink

Beyonder
Staggered? Bloodlust Superman CRACKED Darkseid's arm and busted up his face. Then boom tubed somehow and stuck Darkseid into the Source Wall. He didn't just stagger - he OWNED Darkseid.

Tsk Tsk. Thanos got arrested in a comic FOR KIDS. It featured Spiderman, Hellcat, Thanos, and a kid. Heck, they were using rhymes such as "Cat got your tounge" throughout the comic.

Also, Thanos lost in that fight because the kid grabbed the Cosmic Cube and wished for it. It ain't canon.

I've also seen a non canon Darkseid lose his powers and getting owned by street thugs. Darksied selling fries at a fast food as well.

And this one:http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/images/E80-LSH.jpg

Juntai
Originally posted by kgkg
?

swatted Thanos

maybeeyou mised most of his showing?

wink

Thanos take cares of SS , Thor , Quasar , Marvel , Hulk , Champion.

and fights guys like Odin.

A guy who shook the multiverse.

while Darkseid get's his OB reflected by what 11 00 degree heat vision wink What Im saying is that THERE IS NO SHOWING OF THAT HAPPENING TO DARKSEID BECAUSE NO ONE CAN DO IT, regardless of who he's taken down, he got beat in that scene and smacked across the galaxy

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Beyonder
And this one:http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/images/E80-LSH.jpg laughing out loud

Wickerman

It's funny that he didn't feel the need to post the consequences laughing

consequence of first link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/avengers40jp.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/hulkthing0mf.jpg

If you really want one-sided scans that show half-truths, by all means click on these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/galactus14jn.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/tyrant8.jpg

plenty more where that came from.

if you want to see the real thanos.......click on these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/surfer34as.jpg

(yes, that's him beating SS to death)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/preacherofnothing/others/bbt56ro.jpg

~wickerman~

Juntai
Originally posted by Beyonder
Staggered? Bloodlust Superman CRACKED Darkseid's arm and busted up his face. Then boom tubed somehow and stuck Darkseid into the Source Wall. He didn't just stagger - he OWNED Darkseid.

Tsk Tsk. Thanos got arrested in a comic FOR KIDS. It featured Spiderman, Hellcat, Thanos, and a kid. Heck, they were using rhymes such as "Cat got your tounge" throughout the comic.

Also, Thanos lost in that fight because the kid grabbed the Cosmic Cube and wished for it. It ain't canon.

I've also seen a non canon Darkseid lose his powers and getting owned by street thugs. Darksied selling fries at a fast food as well.

And this one:http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/images/E80-LSH.jpg That IS funny, now show me someone in a canon comic swatting Darkseid around like a ***** like you saw Thor, who is inferior to Superman, smacking Thanos across the galaxy?

olympian
"I've also seen a non canon Darkseid lose his powers and getting owned by street thugs. Darksied selling fries at a fast food as well"

Thats the one! I knew ive seen it before.

"What Im saying is that THERE IS NO SHOWING OF THAT HAPPENING TO DARKSEID BECAUSE NO ONE CAN DO IT, regardless of who he's taken down, he got beat in that scene and smacked across the galaxy"

There was no fight in the scans you posted. Darkseid yes has been beaten before and continues so.

"That IS funny, now show me someone in a canon comic swatting Darkseid around like a ***** like you saw Thor, who is inferior to Superman, smacking Thanos across the galaxy?"

- laughts-

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Wickerman
It's funny that he didn't feel the need to post the consequences laughing

~wickerman~

yup. big grin

Juntai
"I've also seen a non canon Darkseid lose his powers and getting owned by street thugs. Darksied selling fries at a fast food as well"

Thats the one! I knew ive seen it before.

"What Im saying is that THERE IS NO SHOWING OF THAT HAPPENING TO DARKSEID BECAUSE NO ONE CAN DO IT, regardless of who he's taken down, he got beat in that scene and smacked across the galaxy"

There was no fight in the scans you post. Darkseid yes has been beaten before and continues so. now show me someone in a canon comic swatting Darkseid around like a ***** like you saw Thor, who is inferior to Superman, smacking Thanos across the galaxy?

kgkg
What Im saying is that THERE IS NO SHOWING OF THAT HAPPENING TO DARKSEID BECAUSE NO ONE CAN DO IT, regardless of who he's taken down, he got beat in that scene and smacked across the galaxy
and that proves Darkseid will give Thanos somewhat of a fight.

let's think about it

Marvels top heroes.

SS --- calls himself powers --- this guy have power to blow planets with his blast , his durabilty are so high that Korvac couldn't hurt him.

not Thanos comes here at laughs at him.

Quasar --------- NO match , this guy can absorb enery and is a Gl of Marvel ( top one at that) hal's level.

Thanos went toe - to - toe with Mad Thor with Power gem.

now let's see

Mad Thor with power Gem > Strange , Adam( with gem) , SS , BRB , Drax etc

all these guys are planet busting levels

Darksied best showings are talking few hits from Superman.

Pre-Crisis Darkseid whould stomp Thanos , but this one is useless

Warmonger
I'm just saying, the mightiest in the universe have barely barely staggered Darkseid, and characters much less than those have swatted Thanos around. I've never said who would win this fite, I came into it, because I knew a bunch of Thanos cockriders would talk about weak Darkseid is when the only people you can show me even of him even considering an opponent are Superman, his own son, the wrath of god, and the apocalypse creature. It's an impressive lineup.

Well if that is what you are saying then you are wrong. Doomsday, and Superman have done more than merely "stagger" Darkseid. Superman roke his arm, and Doomsday left him for dead. I would hat to see you as a doctor, a patient comes in bleedin and barely unable to stand and youwould say that he was barely staggered, and give him some advil.

What character Thor is the only one who hit Thanos anywhere near as far as Superman hit Darkseid (straight to the damn source wall) and not only was he expecting it but he asked him to do it.

If you aren't in this fight to say who would win then why bother? It was just to sling mud at Thanos and people who belive he is better than Darkseid? Then you say that Thanos fans are dickriders? Do you belive this will make people simply say "Damn he is right, Thanos was stabbed once by Wolverine of course Darskeid wins I'm such a dickrider!"

Is it really impossible to belive that the opinons expressed are not dissing Darkseid but saying that, if he can't beat guys who hes higher on than the cosmic chain but Thanos has been shown to have everything neccassary to punch far above his weight then its only reasonalbe that Thanos wins.

Wickerman
yup. big grin

Not like anybody's gonna take my post into consideration though roll eyes (sarcastic)

~wickerman~

Magic_attack
Well if that is what you are saying then you are wrong. Doomsday, and Superman have done more than merely "stagger" Darkseid. Superman roke his arm, and Doomsday left him for dead. I would hat to see you as a doctor, a patient comes in bleedin and barely unable to stand and youwould say that he was barely staggered, and give him some advil.

What character Thor is the only one who hit Thanos anywhere near as far as Superman hit Darkseid (straight to the damn source wall) and not only was he expecting it but he asked him to do it.

If you aren't in this fight to say who would win then why bother? It was just to sling mud at Thanos and people who belive he is better than Darkseid? Then you say that Thanos fans are dickriders? Do you belive this will make people simply say "Damn he is right, Thanos was stabbed once by Wolverine of course Darskeid wins I'm such a dickrider!"

Is it really impossible to belive that the opinons expressed are not dissing Darkseid but saying that, if he can't beat guys who hes higher on than the cosmic chain but Thanos has been shown to have everything neccassary to punch far above his weight then its only reasonalbe that Thanos wins.

agreed.

olympian
"now show me someone in a canon comic swatting Darkseid around like a ***** like you saw Thor, who is inferior to Superman, smacking Thanos across the galaxy?"

laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>