I dont understand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pixie1
I was watching C/S again last night and it made me wonder .....

harry could here the snake talking and although no one else in hogwarts can understand the language of snakes

why couldn't the here the hissing?

if it was loud enough for harry to understand the words surly it was loud enough for other students to here the hissing??

Secosera_TD
prolly would just shrug it off and think it was steam leaking thru pipes or something

Clovie
there are a lot of different noises and no1 would care to the hissing.

ladygrim
they are wizards and witches noises like that are normal to them its muggles that it would scare the crap out of

The Innkeeper
When the snake 'bassilisk' talks it doesnt hiss
when harry talks to the snae in PS/SS dudley says he saw the snake 'looked like it was talking'

so all other witches or muggles would see is a snake mouting its mouth

ladygrim
true but i would be freaked out by a snake doing something like that ???

The Innkeeper
Well unless you can see through walls you wouldnt need to worry

Secosera_TD
Wouldnt it have been nice if Moody was in CoS then lol

The Innkeeper
Well...not if you want a book thats more than what im about to write

Harry was unhappy with the durleys, you know this because i use this as an intro to every book. Harry then got into some kind of trouble and wasnt allowed back to hogwarts or back to the dursleys, harry met ron, ron said bloody hell alot. They flw to hogwarts, harry saw dumbledore, harry likes dumbledore. dumbledore said there was a new teacher. a weird looking man got up, it was mad eye moody, moody said you have a bassilisk you know, dumbledore and harry defeated it. harry went back to the dursleys.

<Tidus>
....... Dude if Dumbeldore doesnt know that the monster in CoS is a Bassalisk bloody hell Mad Eye wouldnt know!

Phoenix
Well, maybe Harry hisses to make the snake understand him, but maybe the snake doesn't need to hiss for harry to understnad it. Animals communicate far more through body movements, eye contact and pheromones than sounds.

shaber
Snakes actually hear by vibrations on the ground. However, in HP, maybe the basilisk's speech is on a different wave length entirely.

The Innkeeper
Dumbledore doesnt know what it is because he has never SEEN it

if he saw it he would
if moody saw it, he would

Jesus christ

Darth KickAss
I watched POA last night - exciting stuff, but there is alot of holes in the story. I havn't read any of the books, but would like to know - When Harry Zapped Snape - wasn't he suppose to get expelled or something? I mean he attacked a teacher... What does the book say?

And why the hell is those dominiators(mind my spelling) after harry the whole time - they tried to explain it the movie, but i did not get it.

And that whole story about going back into time...Bit technical - For the current time to change it means that it had to be affected by someone in the future right? So..If the current time had to follow it's path with out the future persons interference, then harry would have been cought at Hagrets house (being out after sundown) and he would not have continued on his path that the story followed - because nobody would have thrown the stone into hagrets house to warn him about the aprouching teachers...that means that they would not have gone back in time either - interesting isn't it.

The Innkeeper
everything fits in perfectly in the going back in time thingy....

btw- the dementors werent just 'after' harry but 'They cannot easily distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way'

Plus seeing as harry and sirius were related.....

Phoenix
KickAss, would you like my advice? Read the books. They are a million times better than the movies, and do not leave such gaping plot holes

shaber
Dementors are 'vicious creatures' (movie) 'souless and evil' (the book) and don't care who is inoccent and who is guilty. Their agenda is simply to cause as much harm as they can get away with. What exactly the Ministry's power over them was has not yet been revealed.

Phoenix
I think that the Dementors only work for the ministry because, at Azkaban, they are free to suck the souls and happiness from the prisoners. In OotP the Dementors all leave the Ministry to work for Voldemort, who will let them suck souls indiscriminately, whereas the Ministry only let them have the criminals

shaber
Did the Ministry let them suck out souls when they wished it? I infered that they were only allowed to do that occasionally. I was wondering why the Dementors have to serve anyone at all. Voldemort can offer them far more scope for their pleasures than the Ministry because he is unscrupulous, but the Ministry must have had some way of preventing them from doing just as they liked.

Darth KickAss
Thanks everyone...

Maybe, i will read the books.

Any explaination for this - When Harry Zapped Snape - wasn't he suppose to get expelled or something? I mean he attacked a teacher... What does the book say?

Phoenix
Well, in the book ((I think - I haven't read it for about a year!)) Snape tells the Minister that Sirius had put a Cunfuddlement ((or something)) Charm on Harry Ron and Hermione. The Minister then believes that Sirius made Harry attack Snape, not that Harry did it of his own volition

pixie1
Dementors were only aloud to suck souls when the ministry said so. The rest of the time they could only make you relive your worst memorys.

and i agree with shaber why would the all evil dementors that could reduce you soulless with one kiss do as they were told
why didnt they roam free kiss as they wanted ? why do they have to follow someone?
they a capable of killing all on there own so the ministry must have had something to make them do as they were told and now voldy has the power to do that ??
wonder wot it is???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.