KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » I dont understand

I dont understand
Started by: pixie1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pixie1

I dont understand

I was watching C/S again last night and it made me wonder .....

harry could here the snake talking and although no one else in hogwarts can understand the language of snakes

why couldn't the here the hissing?

if it was loud enough for harry to understand the words surly it was loud enough for other students to here the hissing??

I've got a pal, she's called Pixie,From Birmingham where they're all trixxy, ((fun))She thinks she can't spell,
I say "What the hell?"Doesn't matter because she's damn sexy!!
By syren Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 12:10 AM
pixie1 is currently offline Click here to Send pixie1 a Private Message Find more posts by pixie1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Secosera_TD
Tumerok

prolly would just shrug it off and think it was steam leaking thru pipes or something

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 12:15 AM
Secosera_TD is currently offline Click here to Send Secosera_TD a Private Message Find more posts by Secosera_TD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

there are a lot of different noises and no1 would care to the hissing.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 05:18 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

they are wizards and witches noises like that are normal to them its muggles that it would scare the crap out of

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 06:21 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

When the snake 'bassilisk' talks it doesnt hiss
when harry talks to the snae in PS/SS dudley says he saw the snake 'looked like it was talking'

so all other witches or muggles would see is a snake mouting its mouth

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 06:29 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

true but i would be freaked out by a snake doing something like that ???

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 06:33 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Well unless you can see through walls you wouldnt need to worry

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 06:44 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Secosera_TD
Tumerok

Wouldnt it have been nice if Moody was in CoS then lol

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 06:55 PM
Secosera_TD is currently offline Click here to Send Secosera_TD a Private Message Find more posts by Secosera_TD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Well...not if you want a book thats more than what im about to write

Harry was unhappy with the durleys, you know this because i use this as an intro to every book. Harry then got into some kind of trouble and wasnt allowed back to hogwarts or back to the dursleys, harry met ron, ron said bloody hell alot. They flw to hogwarts, harry saw dumbledore, harry likes dumbledore. dumbledore said there was a new teacher. a weird looking man got up, it was mad eye moody, moody said you have a bassilisk you know, dumbledore and harry defeated it. harry went back to the dursleys.

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 07:02 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

....... Dude if Dumbeldore doesnt know that the monster in CoS is a Bassalisk bloody hell Mad Eye wouldnt know!

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 07:26 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Well, maybe Harry hisses to make the snake understand him, but maybe the snake doesn't need to hiss for harry to understnad it. Animals communicate far more through body movements, eye contact and pheromones than sounds.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 08:54 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Snakes actually hear by vibrations on the ground. However, in HP, maybe the basilisk's speech is on a different wave length entirely.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 09:02 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Dumbledore doesnt know what it is because he has never SEEN it

if he saw it he would
if moody saw it, he would

Jesus christ

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 09:09 PM
Darth KickAss

I watched POA last night - exciting stuff, but there is alot of holes in the story. I havn't read any of the books, but would like to know - When Harry Zapped Snape - wasn't he suppose to get expelled or something? I mean he attacked a teacher... What does the book say?

And why the hell is those dominiators(mind my spelling) after harry the whole time - they tried to explain it the movie, but i did not get it.

And that whole story about going back into time...Bit technical - For the current time to change it means that it had to be affected by someone in the future right? So..If the current time had to follow it's path with out the future persons interference, then harry would have been cought at Hagrets house (being out after sundown) and he would not have continued on his path that the story followed - because nobody would have thrown the stone into hagrets house to warn him about the aprouching teachers...that means that they would not have gone back in time either - interesting isn't it.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 10:54 AM
Darth KickAss is currently offline Click here to Send Darth KickAss a Private Message Find more posts by Darth KickAss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

everything fits in perfectly in the going back in time thingy....

btw- the dementors werent just 'after' harry but 'They cannot easily distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way'

Plus seeing as harry and sirius were related.....

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 05:25 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

KickAss, would you like my advice? Read the books. They are a million times better than the movies, and do not leave such gaping plot holes

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 06:07 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

quote:
Originally posted by Darth KickAss
I watched POA last night - exciting stuff, but there is alot of holes in the story. I havn't read any of the books, but would like to know - When Harry Zapped Snape - wasn't he suppose to get expelled or something? I mean he attacked a teacher... What does the book say?

And why the hell is those dominiators(mind my spelling) after harry the whole time - they tried to explain it the movie, but i did not get it.

And that whole story about going back into time...Bit technical - For the current time to change it means that it had to be affected by someone in the future right? So..If the current time had to follow it's path with out the future persons interference, then harry would have been cought at Hagrets house (being out after sundown) and he would not have continued on his path that the story followed - because nobody would have thrown the stone into hagrets house to warn him about the aprouching teachers...that means that they would not have gone back in time either - interesting isn't it.

Dementors are 'vicious creatures' (movie) 'souless and evil' (the book) and don't care who is inoccent and who is guilty. Their agenda is simply to cause as much harm as they can get away with. What exactly the Ministry's power over them was has not yet been revealed.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 06:12 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I think that the Dementors only work for the ministry because, at Azkaban, they are free to suck the souls and happiness from the prisoners. In OotP [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the Dementors all leave the Ministry to work for Voldemort, who will let them suck souls indiscriminately, whereas the Ministry only let them have the criminals

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 06:16 PM
shaber
schizoid

Did the Ministry let them suck out souls when they wished it? I infered that they were only allowed to do that occasionally. I was wondering why the Dementors have to serve anyone at all. Voldemort can offer them far more scope for their pleasures than the Ministry because he is unscrupulous, but the Ministry must have had some way of preventing them from doing just as they liked.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2004 06:22 PM
Darth KickAss

Thanks everyone...

Maybe, i will read the books.

Any explaination for this - When Harry Zapped Snape - wasn't he suppose to get expelled or something? I mean he attacked a teacher... What does the book say?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 10:18 AM
Darth KickAss is currently offline Click here to Send Darth KickAss a Private Message Find more posts by Darth KickAss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote