memoreizing elvish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

flamewielder
for all of u ppl out there that r trying to learn elvish...how r u doing it?? what is the easiest way to memorize??

Sauron
Well i find theeasiest way is not to make three seperate threads about itsmile

Exabyte

Princess Re
i am an expert at elvish! ask me any thing! i will be happy to teach you what i know if you need that of me

Melkórë
Keep a wordlist at hand, and continuously refer back to it.

Princess Re
well both or whatever

Hiriledain
Amin mela lle melamin...

Morgoths_Wrath

Agent Elrond
what's wrong withn learning elvish? People have learned Klingon (from Star Trek for all u non-trekkies) People learn non-real langs for fun. U can't stop ppl from having fun, can u?

eezy45
What the f**k?

Exabyte
Welcome wink Isdira?

Why only think so commercially erm
Maybe people learn elvish languages because they actually like the language and will never like any other language that much?
Maybe people learn it because no other language they know equals it in the beauty of its grammatical, phonetical and etymological structure?
Maybe they learn it because they think loving a language is worth a lot more than the ability to make money with it?
Maybe because they like playing around with languages that gives them creative freedom as there will never be somebody being able to tell them the way they express things is wrong?
Maybe they like the challenge of trying to work with a language that doesn't have words for anything so their own sense of finding alternate ways of expressing things is required?
Maybe they want to say things they would never tell anybody in a 'real' language because they don't want others to know it, and still have to get it off their chest?

Maybe they simply have a philological taste similar to Tolkien's?

Or maybe all of that together?

Elessea
smile I agree yes ELvish is a lot preetier and nicer than other languages to learn yes

And if you really love a language, it is easier to learn, because you WANT to yes

Kalozza
It is kinda hard though

Hiriledain
Amin mela lle - I love you

Melamin - My Love

Such a freak I am... Happy Dance geek

Demonslayer1000
How do you say Legolas in elvish

Suzuka
You know, I bet all of those geeks who learned Elfish in highschool by themselves got laughed at...And then, they got to help make LoTR and made lots of money...look who's laughing now!! I've tried multible times (though not recently) to try to learn Elfish from the back of RoTK (the appendix) but it's always been too complicated for me. I can write dwarfish!

Exabyte
'Legolas' is elvish blink
a silvan dialect of Sindarin, to be exact erm a combination of the words "Laigolas" and "Legolast" probably ("Greenleaves" and "Keensighted"wink

Written like this (first Tengwar, then Runes/Cirth)

deKboi
ill just say this

"Nithio Iifillin!"

deKboi
translate that!

Exabyte

Nazgul lord
my spelling may be a bit of but here goes

Avo thano ruth vigur alfirin

Exabyte
"Don't flame in anger ??? immortal"? confused

Sting86
Hi all,

I have a question. Is there someone who can translate these 3 words to dwarfish runes? "Ring of Power"

I would appreciate it very much if someone can help me out,

Sting86

Exabyte

Sting86

MC John 117

Sting86
Could you maybe send me a link to the same font you have used (if it's possible) and write down the letters I have to type? Because the runes are a bit small and I want to use an other fontcolor.

Thanks again for your help!

Exabyte

MC John 117
Exa, scratch that, but could you PM me the letters you have to type to use the font?
Like: @lj b4 1cF/@
For: Ring of Power
??

I'll be back online soon, thanks.

Sting86
Thank you so much!!!
Sting86 Happy Dance

Exabyte
Youre welcome wink

@Melko
cza2Fl@z ...... I'm not too sure about it though, I never tried to represent Anglosaxon vowels in Angerthas messed so I'm not sure about phonetic correctness

MC John 117
Okay.

ladygrim
to piss people off ...when u start speaking to them in elvish

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.