Superman vs Gladiator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
I did a search and none of these topics came up. So.....

Who wins? Why? WHY I SAY?!

Gladiator is a possible Supes rip-off but then again Doomsday is a rip-off but we debated him Vs Hulk.

So Superman/Gladiator...

Discuss.

-AC

norrin radd

who?-kid
Lol, I just wrote in another thread that Gladiator is the Superman of Marvel. Didn't know I was telepathic.

1. Superman vs Gladiator from Marvel : Superman wins, because I think he's a little bit stronger and more durable, but I'm not certain. But Gladiator will, after a while, lose his self-confidence, and if I'm not mistaken, that has something to do with the source of his powers.

So, after a long and hard fight, Superman wins. Way to go, Kal-El.

2. Superman vs Gladiator from Ridley Scott : Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions (and so on) will bite the dust after an incredible short battle. But he still is cooler big grin.

Manowar
Gladiator...because Superman is a dick

who?-kid
LMAO

big grinbig grin No offense, norrin radd, but you said something funny (typo in your fourth sentence). big grinbig grin

Alpha Centauri
Hahahaha yeah I thought that was funny too.

Not as funny as Manowar's but funny.

-AC

ragesRemorse
Naw i still say maximus can take supes

As of gladiator the marvel character, this is hard to say, because the few appearances i have of him he does similar tasks and actions that supes does. there is no real understanding on gladiators powers, only that he is seemingly limitless in brute strength. I know for a fact that gladiator has fought enemies as equally deadly and maybe a just a little more threatning,thgouh juggernaut is not nearly as powerfull as some of supermans enemies, Gladiator did level jugg head with very little attempt. In space Gladiator wins, because yeah he doesnt need to breath and this is basically his battle grounds, on a planet i would say superman, i would also say that superman has far more experience, and i believe supes is faster. It took Gladiator 3 days to get from mars to earth

Alpha Centauri
3 days from Mars to Earth is no way slow, even if Supes would do it faster.

-AC

ragesRemorse
no i wasnt saying it is slow, but superman did go around our galaxy in a week

moshtitan
i say gladiator loses after he realizes supes is on par with him, and his self confidence statrs to decline.i wondlnt say supes has more experiance seeing as how gladiators a trained soldier, but supes is definitly faster.

ragesRemorse
i was just saying superman has more experience that we know of. Gladiator probably has been in situations that superman doesnt even know that are possible, but we dont know of them so just assuming isnt proof enough

Linkalicious
Yawn....Superman.

Alpha Centauri
I have to go with Superman in the long run even though Gladiator is one of my favourite characters.

Maybe they'll join up in terms of who has the corniest costume.

Although Gladiator IS really cool looking. More imposing and intimidating than Superman anyway.

-AC

Manowar
well neither Glads nor Supes are one of my favorite characters...but i despise Superman with every fiber of my soul!

Shadow_King
superman

manjaro
this is a difficult matchup becasue its a known fact that Gladiator is a precise archetype of superman.his real name is Kallark for crying out loud! they just changed a few minute details so that they dont look corny(marvel that is). his hyperbole is he can move planets and fly thru the hearts of stars, and unlike superman whose speed is not readily accepted by anyone. anywhere you look it will state that Gladiator is capable of achieveing faster than light speeds(warp speed)

Regardless, I guess I would have to pick Superman cuz his power isnt rooted in will power, but he has the strongest will, and after a long battle seeing that his opponent is matching him blow for blow Gladiators willpower, will diminsh.

norrin radd

Jason Wyngarde
superman would win but he is a lame character

Alpha Centauri
"unlike superman whose speed is not readily accepted by anyone"

I accept his speed. I just know it's a cheap power to give someone that already has what he has.

-AC

manjaro
ok i agree

jtkirkuk

ScarletSpider
It depends on the battle grounds and stuff. Out in space, Gladiator takes it, on earth, Superman would probably win. And there the self-confidence issue arises. Does finding someone who is his equal devestate Gladiator? Or does it strengthen his resolve to seriously kick the shit out of them? All told there will be a large bill for property damage and I would like to see Gladiator win.

Alpha Centauri
I think it would more than likely dampen his spirit but you never really know. He doesn't like, fade away right away. Even if he thinks someone is a good match he'll keep fighting. It's happened before. It's only if those efforts seem futile and if he is easily damaged by opponent.

-AC

DarkCrawler
Superman can breath in space for several hours.

I think that Praetor of Imperial Guard, Gladiator loses this one. Superman is just...better. Although Gladiator is lot cooler. You saw his entrance in NXM #123? Perfect.

Alpha Centauri
Possibly the best entrance ever I might add.

-AC

SnakeEyes
what was the entrance?

DarkCrawler
I have the Finnish version, but I try to translate it.

Emma and Stepford Cuckoos are in grounds of Xaviers. One of Stepford Cuckoos, Esme's new boyfriend turns out to be one of the Imperial Guards in disguise. There is some talking and then enormous flames engulfs the grounds. Gladiators calmly walks through the flames and starts to talk.

Gladiator: "I am Gladiator, one of the guardsmen of Shi'ar. I have sworn duty to preserve the stellar harmony. May the eternal heavens to forgive us for what we must now do."

Then he says: "Kill all mutants."

You can read the issue summary from here:

moshtitan
that was a sweet entrance indeed.

FrothByte
gladiator will win, you know why? coz he has his training. he's a trained soldier and commander of the imperial guard. il bet he probably has more experience, coz superman's base of operations is basically earth... but gladiator goes around space a lot more.

Alpha Centauri
Good points one and all.

I'm indecisive in who to back now.

-AC

lft4ded
I'd still back Superman, especially after his training by Mongul 'the Merciless'!

JuggernautFan
let me help you. even though gladiator is supposed to be all powerful, he couldnt even defeat eric masterson thor. what is eric masterson thor?? it's a mortal man, in the body of thor basically. gladiator was winning the fight, but eric masterson commandeered living lightning and stunned gladiator. in only about a page of fighting, that version of thor nearly killed gladiator after that.....

if that was a clumbsy, less warrior like thor. i would hate to see what the "real" thor would have did to him. although gladiator is made to be allpowerful, he is in actuallity far from that.

Linkalicious
yah, in the new Thanos series of comics. They talk as if Gladiator is supposed to be the one that will bring down Thanos..Pfft. That'll be the day!~

JuggernautFan
gladiator in the 1st 2 pages, might be able to take superman. but he better bring him down before flipping to page 3.... if it gets that far, i see the fight going down with gladiator getting brutally beaten to death. if superman wanted to take it that far.

Beyonder
The real Thor nearly got his butt kicked by Kallark. They fought in Across All Worlds and a Gladiator from the future beat Thor's ass throughtout most of the pages. Mljornir was kicked right out of Thor's hand but later returned with outside interference. Then later Tarene assisted Thor in blasting Kallark and putting him down. Without outside intervention, Gladiator would have killed the REAL Thor.

Gladiator>Superman

GreatMuta
Gladiator is always going to be a hit or miss opponent. On a off dayfrom work (imperial guard) i see Gladiator knocking around superman ....but he better make it quick. If Gladiator is on the clock with lliandra than superman will make Gladiator think twice about flying into his space. Gladiator must check his ego and stay confident if he is to beat the man of steel.

ALSO CONSIDER:

Hyperion
Champion of the Galaxy (elder of the universe)
Beta ray Bill
Heracules

All could give Supes a run!

superboriqua
Hulk Annual 2001?- fights and defeats Gladiator.... basically a knock-off of Superman.... has supreme strength, heat vision, flight, etc.. supposedly cannot be defeated unless his confidence is shaken..... well when the Hulk got done with him, he was Shaken AND Stirred (yes pun intended for those Bond fans out there)... in this fight the Hulk overcomes Gladiator trying to burn his heart out... you see the Hulk's heart exposed due to Gladiator's heat vision..... massive.....this post from HULKMOVIE.COM

JuggernautFan
issue?? was it in -continuity-??? that would be the key word here.

Beyonder
JuggernautFan

Yes. The Mighty Thor #34-35.

Here's a site:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/1434/comics/thor_040.htm

Give the thing some time, damn geocities.

Ironman 66
gladiator i think

ash007
well Superman needs a yellow sun to give him his powers. So lets say for example both of them were fighting in space and they were no were near a Yellow sun then Superman will grow weaker.

Also Superman i believe can only hold his breath for 2 hours

manjaro
im gonna have to go with gladiator on this one........after carefull consideration. Kallark has more of a warrior's spirit, whether in battle, or just punishing traitor's to the empire, this guy has killed more ppl than cancer. supes on the other we can literally count on one hand how many ppl he has killed. this being said, Gladiator would go balls out from the get go, while supes would just fight on the defensive and try to talk it out. just like he always does with metallo and cyborg superman

then when he launches his offensive it would be more to knock him out rather than to kill him, and when you think about it, hitting sum1 hard enuff to maim is a lot less forceful than hitting hard enuff to kill. and i just dont see that happening, even if his confidence is momentarily shaken.

Vash TFA
They've got nearly identical powers. But Gladiator isn't solar powered or weakened by proximity to a certain green mineral. However, Gladiator's power fluxuates defending on how confident he is that he can win a battle. If Superman faced Gladiator when he's "off the clock" Supes would take it. But if Gladiator was fighthing in defense of the Shi'ar and had to seriously defend something, or at least believe that's what he was doing.. then he could put up a good fight, maybe take the win. Too close to call in that scenario.. but again, once he started to believe he was going to lose, his power would drop and he'd get his ass kicked.

x_danny_x
seems like Gladiator has somewhat been proven to be much a better fighter than what the Marvel Comics made him out to be because of the Hulk losing to Superman. He got his ass handed to him by Thor and ofcourse the Hulk. Some people said that he fought the Hulk on more than one occasion and was defeated both times

So how about Gladiator with all his abilities fighting the guy that Marvel clone him from, Superman! Well that is what some people are saying.

I dont know much about Gladiator except he has some of the same powers of Superman and that he took a punch from Juggernaut and just threw him to the sea in one of the X-men episodes.

Please can you guys give me more info on him and how he will do in a fight against Superman

jinzin
Well, Gladiator vs. Hulk=a@@ rapage for gladiator, Superman vs. Hulk=big green door stop. Superman. not to say Gladiator isn't impressive, but Supes would beat him, how much confidence could gladiator have fighting a guy who is "THE BEST" period.

juggernaut74
those are fighting words in these forums. But i agree with you.

Tron
And, Juggernaut and Gladiator never met in comics, just so you know.

baddspellahl4
yes they have

x_danny_x
when??? I couldnt find no issue about the two

Beyonder
laughing ...right because Gladiator reads comics, especially DC comics and Superman titles. He'll surely know that Superman is an icon and job to him.

Gladiator is leader of the Imperial Guard, which is the highest ranked troops of the Shi'Ar Empire - a galaxy size empire. Not only that, Gladiator is known and feared throughout other parts of the universe and other empires such as the Kree and the Skrull. He's loved and respected by his empire's people, feared and respected by his own enemies and that of the empire. He knows this; you think his confidence isn't boosted by this.

Superman is what now compared to Gladiator?

Cosmo Kramer
Gladiator is a DD villain, and got his ass kicked by the old man without Fear on more than a dozen occassions.

Tron
Oh would you stop Cosmo, you know damn well we're not talking about that Gladiator, lol.

And badspellah, no Juggernaut and Gladiator have NOT met in the comics, only the cartoon. JUST the cartoon. And if they have met in any comic, then give me an issue number.

Anyways, given their respective abilities, this could be pretty close, but I'd probably put my money on Supes in the end. Why? I don't know yet, I'll get back to you on that later.

Cosmo Kramer
Marvel Comics are superior to any other

supremthor
not realy that ur opinion

SarKastic_OJ
Superman would defeat the Gladiator without a friggin doubt..I mean is this even debatable!?

Sure Gladiator matches Superman's abilities to a tee, but Superman has a few things which give him the edge, all-american heroes edge, superior marketing popularity, and a good win loss record...Much as I like Gladiator I have to admit that the Marvel writers make him job TOO much for my standards, I mean losing to Cannonball/Invisible girl is one comic, The hulk in another, Thor is another is just too many losses to compete with The "Quintisential" superhero of all-time whom NEVER really loses in his own respective comics...I hate to say it but popularity would come in to play and no sane DC writer would let any marvel writer make somebody only half the public knows about defeat their flagship franchise player...sorry...Superman has proven time and time again that he can go with the best of them, no matter if their stronger, smarter or faster than he is, Superman uses superior logic(Superhero mojo) to find "some kind of way" to defeat any and every being within his power range or even alittle beyond...Gladiator is just your average I meet you...lets fight...kinda guy...not really a "I have to find a way to defeat him" kind of fighter...

Doomsday is about as strong as the hulk, IF NOT stronger, Superman creamed Doomsday the second time around....Need I say more!? In the end Superman is just too "cheesy" to lose, he won't be defeated by any Marvel hero or DC unless its circumstantial(he has clymidia or something)......In the end Gladiator ain't high enough on the food chain to beat the man of steel, anyone who thinks otherwise has to be a die hard Gladiator fan...

Cosmo Kramer
embarrasment yeah...of course I knew the whole time

x_danny_x
wow good post!

I keep hearing there is more than one version of Gladiator. Which is the stronger version or we are simply talking about the same Gladiator before he was destroyed and made cocky and weak by the Marvel Comic book Writers?

jinzin
hmmmm well there ya go beyonder, i think that post says it all. Plus supes never shows fear to an enemy, He's crush gladiator crush him.

....but sarkastic OJ one thing the incarnation of Doomsday that superman "creamed" was a much much weaker one than the DD that killed him. just food for thought... but I agree that's a great post.

Beyonder
He LOST to Cannonball? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beyonder
smile

Beyonder
embarrasment

Beyonder
big grin

Beyonder
stick out tongue

Beyonder
cool

Beyonder
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beyonder
eek!

Beyonder
laughing

Canonball channeling his powers to block one punch from Gladiator, taking Kallark by suprise then knocking Gladiator flying with one blow means a win for Cannonball? Hows about taking into account that Gladiator wasn't their to fight or kill Cannonball but rather to find the X-Men. He was toying with Cannonball throughout most of the fight. Even after than one shot, Gladiator emerged fine. Then he talked with the other X-Men and sent them to the Shi'Ar empire, all except Cannonball who wanted to come but was DENIED by Gladiator who still refered to him as a KID.

Cannonball did squat to Gladiator. Since when does one shot to an opponent means a win when the opponent gets up without a scratch.

Beyonder
Gladiator Vs. Ego

Beyonder
confused

Beyonder
evil face

Beyonder
laughing out loud

Beyonder
rolling on floor laughing

Beyonder
smokin'

Beyonder
laughing

Beyonder
Happy Dance

Beyonder
sick

Beyonder
reading

Beyonder
smart Superman who now? He can do what? Gladiator fears?

Beyonder
You act as if Sue is weak. And his confidence dropped after Reed used a device to make Captain America, hiding behind his shield, appear to be Reed as Gladiator's many punches were absorbed by the shield. Then after his confidence dropped, thus his concentration and Sue was able to knock him out with her invisible force field.

As for Thor, when did he lose to Thor? And don't even bring up Masterson Thor, he was getting beat up most of the fight; he then used his teammate Living Lightning to attack Gladiator unsuspectingly and then Masterson quickly used his hammer to put down Gladiator. Gladiator dominated that fight; and before that, Kallark easily beat down Wonder Man who volunteered to fight Kallark after Masterson CHICKENED OUT.

In Man of Tommorow and Across All Worlds, Gladiator dominated the fight. Thor barely survived and won only with the assistance of Enchantress and Tarene/Thor Girl.

As for Hulk, I already explained this. Go search Gladiator on this board and look up Hulk Vs. Gladiator. As for Superman beating Doomsday, the first time they met; Superman killed himself trying to beat DD. When Superman easily defeated DD, it was a weaker version, someone already mentioned this.

As it stands, I fell to see Superman beating Gladiator friggin easy in any way.

supremthor
this wat i dont get i read a comic were gl smashed a whole planet without any problem but he gets his assed kicked by banner hulk

Beyonder
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t312047.html

Hope this helps. You don't have to read all of it, but the first few pages should explain. Not every writter is unbiased, neither is Marvel. Sometimes things happen when it shouldn't: Wolverine beating Exodus, Spiderman beating Firelord, etc.

ScarletSpider
Majestic would just come and own both their pansy asses.

Beyonder
...or get the shit kicked out of him. It could got either way.

SarKastic_OJ
Beyonnder: The point is in those fights...he LOST...the battle ended with Gladiator either unconscious and out of his misery...no matter the circumstances or "how" they did it, the fact is it was done, defeat still lingers around those battles like stink on a dog....

You "Dont" see Superman beating the Gladiator...are you insane!? What in gods name makes you even begin to think that Gladiator would stand up to the #1 Super hero of all time!?

Gladiator was defeated by Masterson Thor, The Hulk, Phoenix, Cannonball/Invisible woman, Superman did die in the battle against doomsday but HE TOOK DOOMSDAY DOWN WITH HIM...You guys always say Doomsday did this and that but as far as I saw it Doomsday was dead on the ground RIGHT BESIDE Supes...

Superman's losses in the comic book world are a rarity and if he loses its to market some Big comic plot thus The Death/Return of Superman, other than that Superman always concocts some kind of way to win unlike the Gladiator who's faced defeat on many occasions despite any excuses you have for "HOW" he lost..

The only way I can see the DC writers condoning Superman losing to someone not nearly on his popularity level is one of two ways: One being in some crossover comics Gladiator and Superman get into a scuffle and Glad either lands more blows or lands the final hardest attack right before the fight is "Interrupted" by some outward factor, the other way is obviously if some mega-villain(Apocalyse, Onslaught) goes on an all-out rampage resulting in Superman having to "team-up" to fight him, even then Superman would probably be a prime factor in the villains defeat....There is NO WAY dc writers are gonna let Superman in an all-out official battle lose to Gladiator, it just won't happen I "guarantee" it..Cheesy as it sounds Superman is just too powerful in the comic universe to be beaten by some nobody-rip-off version of himself whom loses most often in comic books...

It could go either way my ass, like I said above, the only way Glad would win is in a scuffle where he either lands more blows OR lands the last blow before some type of interferance occurs...In an all out official comic titled Superman vs Gladiator, DC WILL NOT ALLOW SUPERMANS REPUTATION TO BE TAINTED by some alien whom HALF DC FANS EVEN KNOW ABOUT BEAT THEIR FRANCHISE PLAYER...Be realistic for ONE SECOND, I'm sorry but comic politics would reign supreme, their top-selling multi-million dollar franchise/flagship character ain't gonna lose, if the dc writers ever condone that I'll admit all of them to a mental asylum..Their franchise heavy hitter losing his credibility to one of Marvel's imitation characters...are you an idiot!? Now we can go back and forth on their abilities every day of the week, but in reality stop being a fan for one second and "think" about how the comic business works....Superman is considered #1 in the DC universe no doubt about that, DC established the persona that Superman is the ultimate superhero to all comic fans alike, Gladiator is ummmmm his rip-off, known by 45% of the comic world and on top of that is an blatant imitation of the greatest hero of our time, do you really think dc writers are gonna condone Gladiator beaten Superman!? I mean really, if you do think they will then I got a bridge I'd like to sell you.....Gladiator was made to mock superman's cheesy hero-like qualities and if dc were to let this mockery defeat their main attraction then you shouldn't even post on this board because you're too much of a fanboy to comprehend my point...

SarKastic_OJ
Another point: Obviously the Marvel writers don't care enough about Gladiator to make his defeats frequent, I mean much as I hate to admit the hulk TRASHED gladiator in that comic, every move Glad tried failed miserably no matter how biased or one-sided the writers opinion was, Glad lost....Marvel "allowed" it to happen.....So the comic is official... .Superman and hulk fought it out in a official battle once and it was a flat out draw...It resulted in Superman and hulk teaming up against Lex Luthor and winning..Towards the end of the battle Superman even landed more blows than the hulk just before Supes thought of a plan to defeat Luthor's gamma gun...Sorry Marvel cares little enough for Glad's character to have him beat DC's main character, they sort of use Gladiator as a measuring stick as if any Marvel character owns Glad then they stand a good chance of owning superman...point blank...

Superman pummeled thor in one comic right before the avengers ganged up on him and Supes STILL held his own....I don't care how many anti-superman fans exist on this board, unless it's dc-induced then you aren't beating Superman in a one on one all out battle...Gladiator was "out-smarted" by Invisible girl/Cannonball...Superman has never been so naive in a battle, he always finds a way to defeat his adversary, he always rises to the challenge and if brute strength isn't enough then his intellect comes into play thus resulting in Superman winning...yeah Supes is as cheesy as they come but hell he made it this far selling comics so I guess the fans consent it..... laughing

supremthor
rock rock VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY TRUE

MatchesMalone
Sarkastic, I think most people are pretty certain that DC writers won't let Superman lose to any superhero from Marvel. However, I believe the point of these threads is to pit these characters in a fair fight and decide who would win logically, based on character traits and abilities they display more often than not. Comic politics and battles were a character needed to ambush or use somebody else's help to gain victory shouldn't be able to hold water as evidence.

Cipher
Superman would kick Russell Crowe's ass......

x_danny_x
wow, This answers all my questions, thanks kat!!!

One thing, Superman is DC number #1 super hero? I though it was Batman cause of all the movies and stuff

Didnt Batman defeated Superman somehow I keep hearing?

Beyonder
You know NOTHING OF VERSUS THREAD. What the hell does politics have anything to do with it? You think DC would let Superman lose to Loki, Apocalypse, Magneto, Black Bolt, etc.? They wouldn't, but does that mean Supes gets an automatic win in a thread fight? Listen to Cipher, you obviously know nothing of versus threads. This isn't a freaken popularity contest. roll eyes (sarcastic) Please don't bring that in as evidence to Superman winning. And you act as if circumstances don't play a role in an argument for or against, it does. Stop acting as if everything was black and white. Sue beat Gladiator when his confidence dropped after Reed's trickery - Sue beat him because Reed exploited a weakness. If Superman got his ass kicked by Batman due to the fact that Bat's had Kryptonite, that's not evidence that Batman can take on Superman one on one.

And on another note, Superman almost never loose IS AS YOU SAID "DC established the persona that Superman is the ultimate superhero to all comic fans alike." That's why Superman almost never loose in a fight with anyone in the DC universe. Hell, Superman nowadays is kicking the living shit out of Darkseid. Darkseid the Lord of Apokolips, Apokolips the home of half the New Gods population, the other half living in New Genesis. Darkseid is Highfather's equal, and Orion's father. But instead of Orion finally defeating Darkseid as it should be or Highfather doing, DC allowed Superman to beat Darkseid like twice. Superman almost never lose and that's right. It was a top god that was beaten twice by Superman - which Superman shouldn't have been able to do. What next, he beats up Highfather as well? Not only that, Superman's jobber aura won out over Kirby's Darkseid; that's how much DC kisses Superman's ass. So much for the Third World, so much for top gods meaning anything.

As for it could go either way, I was responding to Scarlet Spiders comment that Majestic comes in and beats them both. Go back and read that again.

Gladiator would take the majority over Superman IMO, not either way.

supremthor
this is a popularity contest. think about it you have people saying hulk can defeat thor,superman,greenlantern cuss of his strength but they are forgetten how thor,superman,greenlantern have a million pluse ways to put hulk down when all hulk has is bashing

MatchesMalone
I completely agree with you. However, I do not think that popularity was meant for these threads.

supremthor
true but thier's that one fanboy that cant see there hero lose

SarKastic_OJ
100% of these vs threads are based on popularity alone, you like this character you debate him defeating that character..its that simple..you say Gladiator would beat superman? where's your backup, its easy to post pics of gladiator looking all godly but the same can be done for superman....

My back-up was the fact that superman battled a man whom Gladiator got his ASS kicked by and that is the hulk...Like I said Superman and hulk=draw, gladiator/Hulk=hulk....face it...it happened its official..

You accuse me of using politics in a thread? Didn't you post this argument over at the Hulk vs Gladiator thread.....
Beyonder:
C'mon Wynndar, this fight was rigged so that Hulk would win.
1] Didn't this story happen AFTER the Marvel vs. DC crossover? Where Superman beat Hulk's ass? Marvel basically used Gladiator (Superman clone) to save face for Hulk in this fight you posted.

If that quote didn't have politics written all over it than i don't know what does...ya little hypocrit...How can you accuse me of using politics when you use them yourself when a comic seemingly doesn't go your way...Some people will say anything to save face from looking stupid or being proved wrong in a debate...

oh but there's more:

Beyonder:
The fight was rigged. Hulk pulled out of his ass a weakness Gladiator never had. Glad's was portrayed as an idiot.

more politics for dat ass.....

In the end, THEY both have the same exact abilities down to a tee, so what pushes Gladiator over the edge, what makes Gladiator stand out above Superman IN YOUR EYES?And don't name the typical, gladiator lifted a heavier object, or beat a stronger opponent whom Superman never met because we don't know what would happen in that case...so besides that what gives Gladiator the edge in your eyes???

I'll give you reasons that make my opinion tilt towards superman:
1.Superman tied with the hulk in an "official" battle, Gladiator loss(badly)
2.Superman's win/loss record far exceeds that of gladiator
3.Superman beat Thor into the ground right before the avengers teamed up and ganged up on Superman, Masterson Thor beat Gladiator.
4.Superman's results to using superior logic to defeat foes stronger than himself, Gladiator slugs it out and gets beaten(badly) by foes that exceed him in power...
5.Superman's name is too high on the markee to be beaten by Gladiator,I'm sorry for how political that sounds but it's the damn truth, if this confrontation were to happen tell me why in the hell would DC writers make their franchise player lose in ANY type of battle with one of Marvel's background players???

Now list your reasons.....and don't say because Glad beat this person or moved this mountain, come with some actual facts, not just opinionated assumptions...

MatchesMalone
Sarkastic, I realize that you probably directed your comments towards Beyonder. However, I would appreciate if you will pardon my interruption. It is incorrect to say that 100% of these threads are based on popularity and that people always debate characters, that they like, defeating other characters. I have never used the preference that I have towards certain characters to influence my debating on who should win in a fair match up. I have noticed a few other individuals seem to remain unbiased. I do not know the percentage of people that base their decisions on popularity. I do know it is not 100% and there would be no point for the vs. threads if they were just a popularity vote. Also, Beyonder's point is that certain outcomes in the past occurred due to comic politics. Unlike you, Beyonder is not using the prediction of comic politics in a vs. thread fight as a reason for his choice of a logical victor. Despite that the outcome was based on Marvel's attempt to save face, you are correct to say that Hulk beating Gladiator was official. It did happen. Hulk beat Gladiator. Unfortunately, Wolverine with no adamantium beat Lobo. That match happened. It was official. Wolverine beat him fair and square. However, that match was decided on fan votes and makes no friggen sense. Most people wouldn't use Wolverine's victory over Lobo as evidence that Wolverine is a match for Superman because they would be laughed at. This is the reason why it is prudent to use a character's abilities that he displays more times than not. You have listed reasons why your opinion tilts towards Superman. I will list my comments towards the corresponding numbers.

1. I am going to help you out since you did not know. Superman has already beaten the Hulk. You can leave the tie out of this. Gladiator's loss was far from bad considering Hulk used radiation. How well would Superman fare if Hulk or Gladiator used kryptonite.
2. Like you know either of their exact win %.
3. Masterson Thor needed help to beat Gladiator. If Gladiator had a superpowerd ally to help, most people would not debate that Gladiator can defeat Superman.
4. I am going to let you slide with this comment, considering that you only listed your personal opinion. I argued your other comments because they consisted of incorrect facts.
5. You acted like the accusations of you using comic politics were so unfounded. But, as soon as we turn our backs you blatantly go right to using comic politics to determine your victor.

Finally, your last little comment was backwards. Stating a character's past accolades are the only time when the facts come into play. No matter who you are arguing for, listing possible scenarios and how you think the battle will play out is when the opinions come into play.

supremthor
My head heart from reading all these big goverment talk........ huh messed wacko

Beyonder
MatchesMalone, thanks for clearing things up. You get your points across better than I can mine.

SarKastic_OJ: My argument about Hulk beating Gladiator being politics because Superman beat Hulk in a fan determined fight. I even argued this in that entire thread. Marvel used Gladiator to show that Hulk could beat a Superman level. Additionally, how did Hulk knew Gladiator was weak to certain kinds of radiation? Tell me that. Hulk stated that before he dragged and dumped Kallark into the radiation. It's like if Doomsday all of a sudden go, "so your weak against Kryptonites eh, Superman?" Furtermore, Gladiator was written to fight like an idiot in that issue, and most of his other showings indicate superb fighting skills and tactics.

Unlike MatchesMalone, cross-overs IMO shouldn't hold much weight in a argument. Most cross-over shows inconsistency of characters. In Marvel vs. DC, Wolverine beat Lobo and CUT Thanos WITH his BONE CLAWS. Heck, he was assisting Lobo in fighting Thanos, giving Thanos a harder time than Lobo did. If you wanna throw around Superman beat Hulk etc...

Well, Gladiator>Wolverine>Lobo=<Superman.

Or Bone claw > Odin's strongest blast or Tyrant's strongest blast roll eyes (sarcastic)

Or Aquaman + Whale > Namor

Why would Gladiator win? Thor never beat Gladiator. Show me an instance where he did without help? Gladiator walked all over Wonder Man, fought with Silver Surfer to a stalemate, even when his speed was amped by Reed's tech (100X lightspeed) Thor was only moving at Gladiator's normal speed, only lost to a Thor with assistance (nearly killing Thor in one of their fights, only saved when Thorgirl interferred), shattered a planed in three blows, knocked the Thing through about five cars with one blow, broke through Sue's force field, extended Reed's body to it's utmost elasticity, beat down Human Torch easily, beat up Quasar, fought Ego fearlessly, etc.

SarKastic_OJ
MatchesMalone: LOL....I did know Superman beat hulk.....IN THE CROSSOVER AMALGAM...which I totally ignored since people on the forum deemed this confrontation "unofficial". Post what you know not what you assume...I'm not leaving the tie out of this because it is the seemingly "official" battle between the two, no fan-voting whatsoever.

Secondly, I do "know" for a fact that Superman has won "more" battles and lost "less" battles than Gladiator..that I "guarantee" you..
By bringing up his defeat by Masterson Thor just shows how little the Marvel world cares little for Gladiator as even though he was jumped he was "defeated", beaten by twice as many enemies as superman...
Yeah those accusations of me using politics were unfounded and I smothered him with the fact that he used them in the Glad vs Hulk post.

You say Beyonder was complaining about past comic politics am I right?.....So that is saying that they exist, although they are biased as hell THEY-DO-EXIST, and some writers used politics in determining the winner or certain battles, so what would stop them from using comic politics in the Superman/Glad battle? Why was using comic polictics "so unruly" in this debate when you know that if this battle were to happen then dc wouldn't let their flagship character lose to this unpopular soldier...Dude, you can post anything you want in a Vs forum if it fits the bill, if it convinces me that this character will win then I can say anything in my favor, two people took my posts into consideration which means its not "against the rules"..What, is Not posting about comic politics an "unwritten law" in Vs forums??

I did use politics openly and plainly..so what? You are indeed confused, you think I "became enraged " because they accused me of using politics when i only showed Beyonder than although I did use politics in my posts to prove a point he did the same thing and appeared as a hypocrit for doing it, you're making stupid assumptions..lol..I was ok with using comic politics from the start I just rubbed the comic politics that Beyonder declared I was using back in his face just because he said I was wrong for using them..which i wasn't..once again don't "jump in" an argument in attempts to save someone else you just make his stupidity
contagious...

Any my last comment was to save this argument from any notorious: "Gladiator beat Silver Sufer, he can beat Superman too" or "Gladiator lifted a mountain, hes STRONGER THAN SUPERMAN" Because superman never fought those foes or attempted at these objects, I literally smothered him with die hard facts....

lol...fought Ego fearlessly....so what....I can fight a army fearlessly...doesn't mean I'm gonna win does it? beat up Quasar.... oooohhh someone whom superman never met in his entire life but fought enemies just as strong...knocked "The Thing" through five cars...whoooaaaa cool...-_-.....you're just listing the basic fan things, i can sit back and say Superman spinned earth around, moved the moon, knocked Lobo through five cars...that doesn't mean he can beat the Apocalypse or Onslaught now does it...Just because Glad did those things doesn't mean Superman can't do it too...

Rogue shattered 1000 windows by punching juggernaut in the face, so what?! that doesn't mean she can beat Superman now does it??? Until you prove he did something Superman cannot do all your points sound like a 14yr olds ode to his favorite caped hero...

I can name Superman's high points all day, as a matter of fact I can fill up this entire forum with "Enemies" superman defeated or "Powerful deeds" he demostrated, but this is Glad vs Superman so I reduced this to naming an opponent whom they both fought, The HULK!! Glad lost Superman tied...need I say more???

You say Glad is stronger than Wolvie yet wolvie beat lobo and lobo beat superman???LOL, WHY are you using the amalgam "unofficial" comics as your ammunition?? You're only looking more and more stupid...Like I said in the beginning of this post, I ignored "anything" from the amalgam because they were deemed "unofficial" here yet you use them to prove an invalid point....

What the hell is Beyonder's idiocy contagious...LOL...you guys keep using the "unofficial' amalgams in your post...

Mainstream
I hate Superman, but I believe Supes would get him though (I'm like 85% sure anyway)

K3VIL
Gladiator (Kallark)

Superhuman strenght Class 100
Invulnerability and great resistance to injuries
Superhuman speed, reflexes, reaction time.
Superhuman stamina, durability.
Flight ability that can reach warp speeds
Heat vision projection over Superman level.

Superman (Kal' El, Clark Kent)

Superhuman strenght Class 100
Invulnerability and great resistance to injuries
Superhuman speed, reflexes, reaction time.
Superhuman stamina, durability.
Flight ability under that of lightspeeds, probably max 10% of lightspeed
Heat vision projection 11,000 degrees F at max

Assuming that Kallark wouldn't underrate a guy that shows his same powers, he would start to fight at superspeed and full force if he have to defend Shiar Empire.Obviously Supes is totally a good guy, the boy scout like Lobo says, but not stupid.Seeing that it's become a match for his life he would start to use his host of superpowers too, at this point Kallark only advantage is his superior heat vision, but nothing else.
After a fight of hours, i think it would be a draw, or a Supes victory after a run for his money.
I like Gladiator more of him, but Supes his probably smarter, also Supes has fought more fights that were a match for his life, like that with Doomsday, or with Lobo, Kallark fought Ego yes and that was a fight for his life, but he was able to stay and fight after being hit just cause his powers are psionic, it's his will that give him his powers.It's a form of physical abilities warping, we can say.But Supes has feel more pain that Kallark in his life, we can assume that in some way he would outsmart him or knockdown him, Kallark is smart too, he's a warrior and has experience and tactics, but he never fought something that his equal to him, totally, same powers.That would also weak his will, seeing he's not the only being with powers like that, and when his will is weakened, Kallark is defeated cause his powers starts to get to a low level of when he trust in his abilities and Supes would get the victory.

Beyonder
laughing

Keep bringing it up? Stop being such a retard, you're the one bringing up crossovers as if they hold a candle. This is what I wrote? Read it again, I guess you didn't get the sarcasm the first time:

And don't even bring Marvel Vs. DC up as "unofficial" because they wouldn't have RECONNED it if it was unofficial. But they did.

And like I said, crossovers shouldn't hold much of a candle. JLA Vs. Avengers for example, Superman would get his ass kicked in by Thor. The guy has trouble with vampires and werewolves, weak against magic and you think he'd beat Thor who's power and being is solely magic and magically originated? Mjlornir would've knock Supes out cold. And Thor tried to wade through he vision? Yeah, Thor is THAT retarded! He could've absorbed that blast with Mjlornir like he does with most blast. Thor isn't stupid. Yet you want to count this fight as EVIDENCE? laughing And again, when HAS Thor ever beaten Gladiator by himself? As for Gladiator being been beaten by Masterson Thor, well the comic book title was "The Avengers" not Gladiator. Marvel and writters do think highly of Gladiator, most books show him fighting competently and lose only do to PIS or CIS.

No we can't use Gladiator lifting a mountain as evidence, but Superman is the number one icon and the best superhero around we can use as evidence. Happy Dance

Beyonder
big grin

Beyonder
smile

SarKastic_OJ
pity he couldn't do that on the hulk....................

you have to be in the (14-16) age range....

face it, you're a Gladiator fanboy in the end, anyone who uses "He fought so and so fearlessly" as evidence is clearly a fanboy..lol

you're almost "alone" in your gladiator beating Superman assumption..

For the record, I can post Superman doing the same thing, many more times...

Beyonder
...he couldn't do that 'cause Marvel made him job to the Hulk to prove a point. The same way DC makes everyone job to Superman even gods like Darkseid, whose the equivilent of Highfather, both above almost every new god.

Funny when your the one who doesn't know how thread fights work and act as if DC's permission is a determining factor in a fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm almost alone? Most posters here know little of Gladiator as of you, and I should take that into account? Not to mention you who think crossovers are solid evidence? Go read post from superherochet.net or comicbookresources.com to get an idea as to how thread fights work...'cause you obviously know little of it.

If you can post Superman doing more things, then do so.

SarKastic_OJ
Why do you keep saying Marvel made him job? The comic book wasn't fan-voted and existed in the marvel universe...It happened and its official, you can say the writers did him injustice but the bottom line is THEY DECIDED ON HIM LOSING!! The writers consented him being beaten(badly) by the hulk and that's all there is to it...So what he fought like an idiot, so what hulk came upon his weakness spontaneously, the Marvel writers are in charge of what they do with their comics so who are you to say they did it wrong just because "your" favorite character got his ass "smashed" into the ground.

At least when Superman loss he loss with dignity and took his opponent(Doomsday) down with him..Gladiator got his ass kicked from beginning to end by the hulk...Go ahead, say its biased, say its one-sided, but the fact is at the end of the day it happened in the actual Marvel world, no unofficial fan-voting, just a battle in which the Marvel writers got together and said "Hey lets make the hulk TRASH Gladiator"...LOL and you say they "care alot" for his character....child please.....

What's the use posting "what Superman can do", you know he never loses, you know he moves planets, you know he tied toe to toe with the hulk, someone who completely destroyed Gladiator...Never been outsmarted by two heroes and beaten into the ground unlike Gladiator...

In the end both fighters in a "official battle" had an all-out slugfest with the hulk, no circumstances , just toe to toe slugging and Superman faired WAY better..

x_danny_x
You can say that they degraded Gladiator. They made him more weak. Not physically but when it comes to fighting smart. Marvel chosed to do so as by reading all the posts. So Gladiator is one step behind Superman. Whatever the politics involved, Marvel let it happend and made the Gladiator weaker or exposed that he wasnt the fighter that people thought he was.

P.S. Is Superman more popular than Batman??

Spiderninja008
....This would be an interesting battle. I think Gladiator takes this one. Pre-Crisis Supes is Jebus in a cape, and therefore irrelevent. anybody who manages to destroy an entire SOLAR SYSTEM with a SNEEZE, without destroying the planet you sneezed from is ridiculous. Post crisis Supes can't move whole planets. Gladiator can destroy planets with his fists on a bad day. His strength can't really be measured. He is almost as strong as he wants to be, until his confidence runs low, but against Supes, I don't see that happening. Classic Gladiator would rip a hole in Post-Crisis Supes. Not easily, but he would ultimatly win. Gladiator is almost a cosmic being.

supremthor
post-crisis Supes can move a whole planet he moved war would and krypton

muffin man
I say gladis the gladiator

Beyonder
Translation: If Doomsday pulled knowledge of Kryptonite out of his ass and used Kryptonite on Superman to beat him, you'd be fine with that. rolling on floor laughing And if Superman fought like an idiot despite all other portrayals of him, you wouldn't mind. doctor

Dignity? You mean stupidity right? His opponent who can ressurect himself? And go ahead what? Weren't you the one who also defended Gladiator's lost to Hulk and agreed that Marvel was biased in a thread posted by Wynndar? You some kind of wise ass Flip-Flopper, boy?

Tied against Hulk? What fight? When he was Pre-Crisis Superman? You ARE a newbie to fight threads aren't you? And I doubt you're talking Marvel Vs. DC 'cause you yourself said that's not what you're using. So now what's left? ...but Superman beat Thor aswell...! Please, stop bringing in your crossovers as if they mean much. Thor trying to wade through heat vision instead of absorbing it with Mjlornir - riiiight, that there sums up Thor, fighting like a brute without a brain. sick And again, when has Thor ever beat Gladiator by himself?

You have no arguments. Heck, aren't you the one to try and bring cartoon versions to argue in a debate? No wonder why Wynndar, JuggernautFan, Tron, or wrathofachilles hasn't posted in this thread. They've had enough of arguing with you in that Hulk Vs. Gladiator thread where you tried to use the X-Men cartoon as evidence to anything. And now crossovers, pleeeease...noob...go day to you. stick out tongue

x_danny_x
what is Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis??

Beyonder
Crisis on Inifinite Earth was a series where DC tried to weaken they're entire universe since every hero and villain were too powerful to be believable and relatable. It involved Anti-Monitor as the main villain. Before Crisis, Superman was able to do things like fly to the end of the universe within seconds, move planets with ease, and as mentioned sneeze an entire solar system out of existence. Pre-Crisis Darkseid was a badass, even Pre-Crisis Superman was afraid of him. From what I know, he mind controlled a billion Daxamites (Superman level beings) and fight two Kryptonians at the same time. This is the Darkseid that is said to kill pantheons of gods and absorbed their power. Post Crisis Darkseid has been tonned down so much that Superman is beating the hell out of him. Sad really since this is Kirby's creation that DC is allowing Supes to abuse.

MatchesMalone
Sarkastic, I can't believe you. Since my last post, you have made some ridiculous statements and you were somewhat insulting to Beyonder and myself. I could have picked apart your previous posts, but I did not. I decided to let you slide because your posts brought up nothing new and we would have gone in circles. However, Beyonder just brought up your comments in a Hulk vs. Gladiator thread. I decided to look it up to see what you stated exactly. In this thread, you adamantly argued that the Hulk vs. Gladiator fight was fixed so Marvel can save face. In that same thread you stated that the Amalgam crossover was official. You stated that Marvel and DC would not have put the crossover out if it was not official. Your statements in that thread completely contradict your statements in this thread. I don't even know where I stand with you, considering that you have split personalities. If you wanted to, you could take your statements from the different threads and start a debate with yourself. I believe I have found one consistent variable. In the Hulk vs. Gladiator thread, you stated that Superman is the #1 superhero. You appear to be a Superman fanboy. Its possible that you defended Gladiator against Hulk because you feared that people may think Hulk should be able to beat Superman if he can beat Gladiator. But, you throw away any points you brought up in that thread when Gladiator goes up against your boy.

SarKastic_OJ
Beyonder: Superman tied with the hulk in an "official" battle which was written by both the Marvel/DC writers, the fight ended in a draw as Superman used the hulk's bulky body to destroy Luthor's gamma cannon..you idgit....THIS was not fan-voted and was decided by both corrresponding companies...

You say if Doomsday pulled knowledge out his ass etc..etc..Once again we're dealing with "If", if Gladiator was more popular then he wouldn't have lost so easily to the hulk, If is a highly opinionated word and plagues debates more often than not, Let's not dribble on "what if's" but on "what did" happen,dc cares to much about Superman to make him "job" to Doomsday like Glad did to the hulk,my point is "IT DIDN'T HAPPEN", DC actually thinks of Superman in higher regards as you said yourself "They never let him lose" and when they do its at least with some sort of dignity or circumstances.You'll never see Superman get his ass handed to him like Gladiator did i'll tell you that :P

Yes I defended Gladiator and why because I actually "thought" he could defeat the hulk up until I went back and viewed the comic..I actually faced that facts and although I "disagreed" with him losing like an idiot I had to comprehend the reality that "it happened", the writers "let it happen", there's no nothing I can really defend besides the fact that I disagreed about the manner in which he lost...You yourself need to put aside your fanboyism and face facts, Glad lost badly to the hulk, no circumstances involved..This aren't real people so you can't use points like "Oh, they made him fight like an idiot" or "The writers were saving face for the hulk" because really in the all these characters and their battles are influenced by the writers opinions, some are reasonable and some suck, you have to deal with them because once a comic happens (excluding that fanvoted amalgam crossover where Superman beat the hulk) it official, you're allowed to "argue" that the the writers method of decision was bullshit but that doesn't take the hulks win away...

The writers condoned Gladiator losing badly to the hulk and your little "That fight was Bullshit" opinion means absolutely, positively "nothing", excuses excuses, we can sit here and complain all day about the writers being biased but IN THE END they made the comic, it wasn't fan-voted, IT WAS OFFICIAL!!Face it.. Deal with it.....

Your points are fanboyish(Example: Gladiator fought fearlessly) lol......*wipes tear from eye" hilarious..

PS. Batman is not more popular than Superman in any respect, his movies may do better or he might even make better storylines in cartoons/comics, but their popularity is about 50/50...What gives Superman the edge is that he came "before" batman and he embodies that all-american, save the day-goodygood-type persona..Thus he's DC's flagship character, leader of JLA etc...Although Batmans a 10x's more complex/interesting character Superman covers more "heroic" ground, immense power, x-raw vision...the all around perfect hero whom was molded to "outdue" the competition..

SarKastic_OJ
Matches: I said I can argue that the fight was decided on pure bullshit alone BUT that still doesn't change the fact that the battle was "Official" AND before I posted about the Hulk/Superman battle being official I knew nothing of how the people on this board considered the amalgams "unofficial, I came into this particular thread ignoring the amalgams because I knew now that this board in general considered them "unofficial"..

You can't sit there and tell me that when the term "super-hero" comes to mind you don't think of Superman, if you say otherwise you're a liar.He's arguably the most popular and well-known(next to Batman)..
I proved two of your assumptions wrong in my last post and I don't feel like "retredding" the same waters and going back to bother with your "jumping in" again..

Me and Beyonder are going back and forth while "most" people are posting around our particular debate which is fine by me, then you come in through the side door with your own "wrong" highly-opinionated assumptions and don't know what you're talking about..If I insulted you...LOL..so what, don't jump in insulting me if you don't expect to be insulted back(da phuck outta here)..posting such things as me not knowing Superman beat the hulk in the amalgams in which i did but ignored because people view them as "unofficial" here. You also stated I got offended when Beyonder accused me of using politics, when I just laughed and showed him he used politics as well.Da phuck outta here

x_danny_x
wow, thanks Beyonder for what Pre-Crisis and Post Crisis means. Holy moly, yeah they really made their Characters really God like.

I believe then that is why they came with Superman Prime so he can keep this toughness and not lose to anyone, well not anyone when it comes to a CrossOver.

SarKasticOJ, thanks for the popularity clarification! So Batman and Superman are equal.

I happend to agree with you on the Gladiator thing on him losing. It is official, regardless why or how it happend he got his ass handed to him. Marvel messed up the Gladiator. I think of it as a Pre-Crisis/Post Crisis event that they did to Gladiator. He was stronger and powerful but after his battle with the Hulk they made him weaker.

MatchesMalone
x danny x, I just want to make sure you are not misinformed. Gladiator has not had any Superman Pre-crisis/Post crisis done to him. He was not weaker or less powerful "after" his battle with Hulk. He was made weaker and less powerful specifically in the comic where he battled Hulk. Gladiator has the exact same powers and abilities that he had when he was first created.

Sarcastic, as usual, you make no friggen sense. I am not going to break down and debate what you have posted because your posts usually are pretty long and contain no new points. It looks like debating you would result in a great deal of time wasted going in circles. However, I would appreciate it if you took the time to answer a question of mine. Do you confirm or deny being a Superman fanboy?

Fieldy69
i was lookin in the marvel directory and i was lookin at gladiators info

he seems pretty much exactly like superman

crazyspinz
he is, he was created to mock superman.

they made him look like an absolute idoit, they gave him outraguos amounts of power, that is based on his self confidence. and in one of his 1st visits to eath he gets the shyte beaten out of him by hulk, just to show DC who is boss.

Tron
First visits? He didn't fight Hulk til much later in his career. And, this thread's been done already:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316587&perpage=20&highlight=Gladiator%20vs%20Superman&pagenumber=1

Paola
use Tron's link to talk about this

closing...

wolverex84
gladiator, defender/leader of the shai'r imperial gaurd. got to give it to him. wink

Scoobless
Originally posted by Beyonder
JuggernautFan

Yes. The Mighty Thor #34-35.

it was in continuity but it was also at one of those times where Thor turned human if seperated from the hammer...... and at the end of it Thor kicked the living crap out of Gladiator

Scoobless
Originally posted by ash007
well Superman needs a yellow sun to give him his powers. So lets say for example both of them were fighting in space and they were no were near a Yellow sun then Superman will grow weaker.

Also Superman i believe can only hold his breath for 2 hours

holding your breath for any time limit is not the same thing as holding your breath while someone is trying to beat you to death........ in that instance i doubt supes could hold it for 5 minutes

Scoobless
Originally posted by Vash TFA
once he started to believe he was going to lose, his power would drop and he'd get his ass kicked.

Gladiator has tons won of battles and has the love and respect of the entirety of the shi'ar empire, his confidence will not drop easily, and as he has fought the likes of Thor and the Silver Surfer to standstills i doubt he'll be worried about a guy in skintight spandex, red underwear and knee high boots

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Scoobless
i doubt he'll be worried about a guy in skintight spandex, red underwear and knee high boots You're talking about Superman right?

kgkg
Gladiator is stonger , faster etc than normal superman.

But i whould give this to Superman , since Gladiator stregth decreases if he looses confidense which he will..
facing the man of steal who will go blow for blow with Gladiator is def a prob on his confidence.

And eventual put him down.

Superman is NO joke.

Man of steel takes this

juggernaut74
Gladiator is Marvels toughest hero imo and fighting Superman would be a stalemate I believe. Too close to call.

hoorayforpeepee
gladiator is as powerful as pre-crisis supes (arguably). so if this is current supes, gladiator will win.

juggernaut74
well imo there is only one Superman and the is pre-crisis.

kgkg
pre crisis superman willknock the shit out of Gladiator.

Gladiator says he can move planet etc never showed such power.

normal superman will beat him , well even tho Gladiator is stonger than normal sups , his confidence(bullshit) he will loose

Tron
Merging

wolverex84
if it ain't hulk, juggernaut, solomon grundy, thor, darksaige, colossus(new), thing, apocalypse, onslaught, domsday, then who else but gladiator.

Cosmic Cube
Gladiator is much faster than Superman, and stronger. He could knock Superman out before he thinks about it. The only reason Gladiator lost to Hulk is that Hulk is stronger. Gladiator's confidence fell, and he lost. Gladiator is stronger and faster than Superman. He will not lose confidence in this fight.

Gladiator wins.

Hegemon875
Originally posted by Manowar
Gladiator...because Superman is a dick

Wow how pathetic is this, this is the kind of constructive post that has become so prominent in this forum. People who don't know very much about comic book history failing to give respect where respect is due. Whats your reasoning for calling him "overpowered" is it because he's never challenged, well thats wrong, trying picking up a comic or two once in a while. Marvel fan boys constantly rave about how "gay" or "lame" superman is because many of their favorite Marvel characters pale in comparison to him. How about growing up and realizing that a heroes powers is not what makes him great, its what and why he does what he does.

blowup ok I feel better now.

jplatinum
No,no,no.

Gladiator is as powerful as pre-crisis superman. Post crisis superman isn't fit to spit shine gladiator's boot. Gladiator with full confidence would just fly up at hyper speed(several times the speed of light) and stop right in front of clark, cock his fist back, and punch him in the face, crushing his face in with one blow. Then turn around and fly off.

the Darkone
Amen. This version superman is so water down, he got his butt kicked by booster gold by all people, that's bad. When gladiator loses he loses to top notch beings SS,tyrant,champion of the universes,hulk,thor, DP, I mean damn superman wouldn't last long in the Marvel universe.

the Darkone
by the way which issue did the hulk did beat down gladiator.

Swanky-Tuna
This is pretty old but I'd go with Gladiator. He's not just a brawler like Superman seems to be. He has the skills and uses them at "lightspeeds" often.

Originally posted by Hegemon875
Wow how pathetic is this, this is the kind of constructive post that has become so prominent in this forum. People who don't know very much about comic book history failing to give respect where respect is due. Whats your reasoning for calling him "overpowered" is it because he's never challenged, well thats wrong, trying picking up a comic or two once in a while. Marvel fan boys constantly rave about how "gay" or "lame" superman is because many of their favorite Marvel characters pale in comparison to him. How about growing up and realizing that a heroes powers is not what makes him great, its what and why he does what he does.

blowup ok I feel better now. No, seriously, Superman is a dick. You should see all the covers of him killing people or screwing around with his friends' lives.

jplatinum
pre-crisis superman would give gladiator a good fight.
Post-crisis superman would get killed in 10 minutes.
Gladiator(at full confidence) is as powerful and as fast if not faster than pre-crisis superman.

Pre-crisis superman: Juggle planets,sneeze galaxy away, push the moon, etc.

Gladiator: shoot massive amounts of energy,rip huge stars in half, near unlimited strength that just doesn't stop( unless he begins to loose confidence in himself), and etc.

Post-crisis superman: pull a few tricks out his a##.

As you can see, gladiator would crush the latter supes.
Next!!!!!!!!!

jplatinum
Gladiator got caught off guard by canonball's special attack.
Not to mention he was not very confident(I know it sounds stupid but his confidence is his real power). Any other time and he would've stood there and been uneffected by canonball ,but cannonball would have been knocked out by hitting such a dense powerhouse.

IronClad
Originally posted by Beyonder
cool

that shot from Gladiator in that pic would've KOed Superman no doubt!

python99
superman would get turned to cosmic dust

Mainstream
true.

kgkg
not true superman will put a good fight.

can even win , if glads weakness kicks in.

I have seen ; Thor , hulk put a good fight with Glad so will superman.

Mainstream
Kal-el would put up one hell of a fight...but he'd go down like fat man on a skinny tree branch...hard. baum06character57

kgkg
if he didn't have that weakness i whould say Glads hand down.

but it makes you think.

Mainstream
yeah.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It took Gladiator 3 days to get from mars to earth It took Superman under 4 minutes to get from Earth to Saturn.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>