Alien vs predator.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eidolon
I've recently watched the feature video's (at http://www.avp-movie.com/ )regarding the upcoming Aliens vs Predator movie and was wondering what others are thinking about it.

Personally I was initially upset that it wouldn't be based off the novels and comics of Aliens vs Predator (specifically the triliogy with the Japaness women I can't remeber her name), but after looking at what is out on the movie so far I think it may have promise. It may not end up a perfect 10 of 10 or something to that effect, but I think it'll turn out to be a good movie or a O.K. one at the very least.

SuperNova
Hence the form
"comic book movies discussion"

Arachnoidfreak
Aliens vs Predator is a comic. from Dark Horse.

VENOMfan
hopefully it's good. Ive been waiting for a AvsP movie for a long time.
I dont think they plan on making a forgetable floop. the very least we should have some wicked fight scenes

Drifter101
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t292632.html alien vs predator discussion there. go talk about the upcoming film there

VENOMfan
anyhow is there any stat's for these guys? Ive been to dark horse's website and it dosent say anything about them. just Predators are stronger than regular humans and they are decent fighters not to mention have gadgets out the wazoo. but In a straight up fight how well can they do?

half way down this page is some great fanart by the genius's at www.Spawn.com
look for Wolverine vs Predator
http://board.spawn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014539;p=2

Spawnie
I've been waiting for this movie for a long time. Finally the time is come when the 2 meet in a movie enviroment, muahahahahaha. I think it's gonna be a fun movie.

Eidolon
Yeah, I think the movie will be at least decent because the the fact Preds and Aliens will be fighting. However, does anyone think it should have been based off of the Aliens vs Pred comic (and novel)? That's what I was hoping for when I first heard about it but now I'm thinking it may not matter.

ragesRemorse
well anderson, inquired to the original aliens vs predator comic writer on ideas and inspiration. Yeah and the only alien vs predator comics i could actually see being made into a movie would be the original series, all the others GREAT they may be are still to far fetched for a movie, or would leave the majority of the audience in the dark about what is going on. The concept of the movie sounds damn interesting. With the old alien style filmaking of closed spaces (anartica) and fast paced style of the predator genre. It looks to be a good mixture, but even hollywood can f-uck up a sure thing that has a loyal fan base

wolverine8888
the movie looks ill I hope predators beat the alliens

Jodo kast
What do you think about the upcoming movie avp? eek!

Jason Wyngarde
it looks sweet

Alpha Centauri
I haven't seen anything but a few pics but I hope it's actually a Vs movie and not just a dual appearance. I would actually like to see the Xenomorph Vs The Predator.

-AC

Kontraz
you do realize that "xenomorph" is only the scientific name for the aliens..... do you mean "xenoborg"?

oh, and for all the trailors/behind the scenes stuff, just go to www.avp-movie.com

Mane
i think it looks awesome!

moshtitan
i just hope they dont use too much CGI...its cool and all, but i always thought one of the coolest things was the realism Pred. and aliens brought to the screen.

Emma718
it looks awesome, i can't wait to see it!! but it's going to be freaky

Duke
I just wanna see who wins... if anyone wins at all.

Jodo kast
i think it will be a draw.

FeceMan
I think that it will be a movie with bad acting, little plot, and lots of action.

who?-kid
Yeah, I have the same feeling. And lots of (useless) explosions and running around... yawn...

But Aliens rule !! They are, in my opinion, a hundred times more scary than any predator.

FeceMan
Well, of course...but Aliens don't skin you alive. They just implant an egg into your lungs which later explodes out through your sternum in an incredibly horrendous and painful manner.

Kontraz
they might be more frightening, but the predator is still much deadlier. I mean, in the movies, whenever the guys had weapons, the aliens could only use their massive numbers to try and overrun their opponents. The predator, however, goes in single handedly and ONLY fights the humans that are armed.

About the CGI. The director already said he was using as little CGI as possible, and to summarize his reasoning behind it "CGI sucks"(no, thats not an actual quote). He basically said that he didnt want to use much CGI, because real creatures just look more frightening. As the Alien movies prgressed, they started using CGI,a nd the progressively got worse.

FeceMan
Hey, the original Alien movie did without it and looked fine. And it was made in the 80's.

Well, I see it this way:

Predator = Protoss
Alien = Zerg
Human = the suck

Therefore, the aliens must use their superior numbers to win.

Kontraz
way to relate it to a RTS... you should have just used AvP: Extinction as your example... its an RTS, works the same way, and it actually uses the correct species...

who?-kid
You mean the bad movie, or the very bad movie ? big grin.

The Alien fights everybody, it doesn't care if their prey carries a weapon or not.

Kontraz
im just saying, if their prey has any sort of weapon, the alien will most liekly lose in a one on one match, whereas the predator will ONLY fight its prety if it has a weapon...

also, the aliens try to outnumber their opponents, while the Preds try to have their opponents outnumber them...

FeceMan
The Predator have honor. The Alien have none.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU MAKE PLURALS OUT OF THAT?! Predators? Aliens? It sounds wrong! WRONG!

who?-kid
Wowowow, settle down big grin. (just kidding).

You really underestimate our ugly friend the Alien. Not only he's strong, he has this sharp claws, a creepy secondary jaw, an exoskeleton, the ability to climb walls, is far from stupid AND, his blood is a burning acid. It burns holes through you, so you better be not near the Alien when you actually hurt it.

And in the first and the third Alien-movie, there only was one Alien, and lots of people, so the Alien was certainly outnumbered. Guess who killed who ?

Kontraz
also in the first and third movies, the people were WEAPONLESS. The first was a group of minors (people that mine, not youngens like me) and in the third movie they were in a weaponless prison colony... Now, if i was a lot stronger, helluva lot faster, had good endurance, and could kill with a snap of my jaws or a slash of my claws, i think i could take them too....

oh, and im not bashing the bugs (i made a funny! hahahaha...) I mean, i think the aliens are lethal killing machines, but they have to make up for their lack in power and weaponry with massive numbers.

Now, for the sake of the movie, the humans will win... thats typically how the movies always end. But humans aside, i think the preds will clean house. I mean, even in the movie, one of the lead characters calls it a war between the two races, but it really isnt. The preds put the bugs there for the purpose of HUNTING them. Sure, it will be a difficult hunt, and many will die. Its kind of like trying to go in and hunt down a pride of lions... just not very logical, and you're bound to lose a few men. And yes, the preds are only teens, so arent as experienced as those in previous films. However, this is what they live for. They live for the hunt!!!

Alpha Centauri
I think the scariest thing about the chest burster scene was the thought of something foreign being inside of you, living and growing. Some psychologists believe that men fear that scene more because it taps into the male fear of pregnancy.

Predator for me always ruled but all you have to do it walk around unarmed as it only hunts for sport. Aliens just tear the shit out of you.

It's surprising that in this day and age when we can make the graphics as real as it gets, we don't see hardly any gore. You go and watch old zombie movies and they're throw up material. Go see the Dawn of the Dead remake and it's nothing at all.

If A.Vs.P is actually extremely gory, really. With a decent ENOUGH plot to just be fun, I'll be satisfied coz I aint expecting a work of art. Just something to go see just to go "OHHH! That was fricken awesome." or something to that effect.

-AC

FeceMan
I'm not afraid of being pregnant...or am I? What would happen if I started taking the pill?

Better question--what effect does progesterone have on males?

who?-kid
Just like you don't know big grin.

who?-kid
Something else, people : I just saw that a few "offensive" threads have been created by a certain mitch_is_back. I think it's best just to ignore him/her/it, because he/she/it will leave that way - I hope.

§nakehead
aliens gonna kick predators puny butt

Spawnie
Predators r strong single combattants and Aliens work perfectly in exeeded numbers. There's gonna be probably a crap load of aliens against the humans and the Predators. I guess the aliens could have the upper hand here cuz of their superior numbers, but humans turn guerilla when in dire straits, so we might see some heroes again( and they will die, well at least most of them). The predators on the other hand r great hunters and when 2 or 3 joined together they can really be destructive.

I look foward to seeing this cuz it just might be good enough.

Jodo kast
The predators got guns,knives,they are invisible,and in avp they got swords.

Alpha Centauri
Not to mention Predators have negotiated with Humans before. Aliens would never.

-AC

who?-kid
The Aliens must win, simply because I like them more than I like the "I hunt for honor"-Yautja.

And besides, the first Alien film had one of the best taglines ever :"In space, no one can hear you scream".

So has spoken Mr. Objective stick out tongue.

Mane
i dont know! ive always been a bigger fan of Predator, with their superior hunting skills and all, but i also liked Alien...just not as much. but im pulling for the Preds

Jodo kast
The new helmets of predator.

Jodo kast
ha

Jodo kast
ooh

Jodo kast
new claws

Jodo kast
New weapon.

Kontraz
or... just go to avp.com and watch the preview vids... they look really good.

Mane
yeah it looks like it isnt cheesy at all. the effects look great, and the costumes and sets are killer!!

Spawnie
Look I never expected anything less then really good. When I first saw the first scatches for some scenes I said it's gonna be nicely done. but that is all on the outside, I wanna se how they placed the action and the storytelling. Lately I have seen too many movies that r longer then they should be. Lately I haven't seen great editing and such so I hope it's done properly in this movie.

I give u the perfect example: Van Helsing
A movie that made me fall asleep, still it's 40 minutes longer then it should off been. Some parts of the movie r just removable and of no consequence to the story. Very stupid movie, and I watched it just cuz I thought that it would be cool. HELLBOY IS THE BEST! The most fun that I watched lately was him. It was a movie that is easy to follow and just fun to watch. I never thought of sleep while watching hellboy.

hopefully we won't get the same feeling in AvsP. I like it when the action keeps going at some pace, so they don't leave u hangin' with some stupid retrospective or sometimes unecessary flashbacks.

Arachnoidfreak
Very well said. I thought the same.

morbius
it looks cool

SnakeEyes
I hope AVP will turn out better than other "versus" movies i have seen; like Freddy vs. Jason, ugh.
Also i hope the film actually revolves around the aliens and predator, not mainly the humans. I have a feeling the humans will stop the fight, or be dumb and interupt it!

Kontraz
why do people keep comparing it to "vs" movies? Its not like freddy vs jason in the least. This movie has been planned (more or less) since before Predator 2 (which came out in 89, i think). There have been NUMEROUS crossovers between the two. In "predator mythology" i guess you would call it, it is just part of their regular lives to hunt the aliens.

Saying that it is no more than Freddy vs. Jason is like saying that X-men is just like "x-men vs brotherhood". Both have had appearances that do not deal with the other, but it is "understood" that the two go at it often.

about the human's interaction. They were lured there by the Preds on purpose. I mean, for aliens to exist, their face huggers need to find hosts. And judging from the previews, the Predators lured the humans there, captured a bunch of them and locked them into the egg chambers...

Spawnie
Hey, hey, hey, Freddy vs Jason is another pair of gloves my man.
As this is a forum about comicbook movies there r also forums about horror movies. There r also ppl there that have their horror heroes and fantasies like us. To that notion the Freddy vs Jason movie was made.
Hey I can't say that the movie rocked my world but I had laughs and fun watching it. I watrched Jason's and Freddy's movies before, and to tell u the truth it wasn't that bad. I didn't fall aslep watching it, that is a real + for the movie.

Kontraz is right, AvsP idea exists more then u think. Now they have the possibility and tech to make the movie possible. It was too big of a project 15 years ago.

I hate the idea of humans being present as a bigger role in the movie! They should just be hosts and all die after that! Let the big boys fight it out!

Kontraz
actually, they've tried to start an AvP movie about 5 years ago. But because sigourney weaver hates the entire concept of the Predator movies, she took convinced Fox to give her and a director the ENTIRE BUDGET they had set aside for AvP to go and make Alien Resurrection instead (which they were never planning on in the first place). And we all saw how crappy that movie turned out. She tried to pull the same BS this time to make Alien 5, but this time Fox was told her to shove it, cuz the last movie sucked.

ragesRemorse
yeah you cant compare freddy vs jason and avp. two totally different genres, and one is taken seriously and one is meant as a parody

ska57
The Predators are gonna win hands down!! It's going to be a turkey shoot for cryin' out loud!!! So what the aliens have superior #'s, that will just make it harder for the Predator to miss one while he's shooting his laser thingy!!!! No contest here

SnakeEyes
holy shit, don't get your panties in a twist everyone, i was just comparing one element from Freddy/Jason to something that might happen in AVP. I was not saying the movies were the same or even similar. I was clearly just stating that in FVJ they focused quite a bit more on the humans, and that i hope they do not do that with AVP. Is that such a wrong thing to say? no.
Guess i cannot make simple comparisons anymore.

Woody Woods
Predators have already killed Aliens before, they had its skull in predator 2.

but, still i m going to watch it also when it comes out.

"...You..one..ugly...mother...***ker...."

Spawnie
The reason why they evolved arround humans is cuz the humans r the main pray! Freddy can't exist without human fear of him, and Jason just can't stop killing. BUt the fight between them was pretty good.

SnakeEyes
lets go back to topic plz

Mane
in the voting polls on the internet, Predator is winning by far

SnakeEyes
well the Predators should win, but the movie is already done so the polls do not really matter.

Mane
no i edited my post!!! i just found out that the polls changed and the Preds are winning by far!

Alien's votes: 100,352
Predator's votes: 1,000,005,284

FeceMan
It's not going to have a clear-cut winner.

There will probably be an end in which one or two humans make it out alive and something will happen to allow the company to make a sequel, i.e., there's a lone Alien egg that hatches and a Predator who is dying sends out a signal to his spaceship (or homeworld or whatever) right before the facehugger clamps onto him. (Technically this would make an Alien-Predator hybrid, but I'm just hypothesizing.)

Arachnoidfreak
A hybrid would KICK ASS

Mane
heck yeah dude! i hope they dont pull a gay ending like Freddy vs Jason. but i dont think they will because the writer/director is really good and hes seen all the movies like 10 times.

plus there is going to be hardly any CGI at all! its going to be puppeteered suits for the Predators and alot of the Aliens are going to be puppets. the master Alien is a large mechanical puppet that's movements are fed into the computer, so its kinda like CGI but the movements are much more fluid and natural. definitely a good thing.

FeceMan
It doesn't really matter to me either way (CGI/puppets/suits/whatever) just because I love the Aliens and I just like seeing them in action.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly the same reason why I'm gonna see it. Except for Predators.

-AC

Mane
no way! the Preds kick ass! they have those tri-beam laser canons and they will burn all those Aliens up! miffed

rifle alien raygun

mwahahaha!!! evil face

smilie overload! smokin'

Joker1237
I like Jason Vs Freedy, I got it on DVD, and have been watching many times. That Movie was better than Freedys and Jason's last outting.

As for AVP I think it will rock, I loved the Tailer, and it will give horror fans something to talk about for a few weeks. I think the horror fans will love it, but the non horror fans will not have too much loved for it. Its for the FANS. JASON VS FREEDY WAS FOR THE FANS TOO.

SnakeEyes
Its Freddy, not Freedy.

Anyway, yeah i bought FVJ also on DVD.
Anyone know what movies the AVP director has done?

Mane
well hes been writing this film for over 10 years (he said that himself), so i know itll have good writing.

papablkbear
I see you have done your homework. I personally have worked on the movie. In what way i cannot say (i'm under contract) but everything your saying i can verify as true. these new predators are a different clan of hunters. Their soul purpose are to hunt thee aliens not so much humans.

Spawnie
Yeepee, I guess we're good wink. I didn't immagine that ppl that work in movies actually read our stuff, lol. I'm glad to hear that the plot is gonna go near my thoughts.

who?-kid
My God, 10 years to write a film scenario mainly based on a comic.

In that time, I write a new Bible and a sequel to Lord of the Rings (it will probably suck big time what I wrote, but nevertheless, I wrote it).

FeceMan
^ Lol.

Kontraz
it didnt take him 10 years. He tried for a similar movie about 10 years ago, but didnt get the funding. that script had been sitting there he whole time, and now he finally has the funding...

oh, and i jsut foound out it will be pg-13... really pissed me off at first. THEN i fought out that the guys that rate the movie DON'T count alien and pred blood as actual gore, so they can have as much alien and pred death as they want without the ratings going up at all!!!

FeceMan
The Holy Bible 2: When Jesus Got His Groove Back

§nakehead
Aliens are hive minded.

ohh and get Mr. parker off your suck list! mad he rocks thumb up

FeceMan
I am well aware that Aliens are hive minded. And Mr Parker DOES suck. A ton.

§nakehead
Mr Parker is a rebel he stands up for what he believes in so go ahead and keep him there your just making him a maytar. Add me if you want too.

FeceMan
I've already thought about it. However, if you would actually look at the list, it is not filled with people I disagree with. It is filled with people who suck. Go ahead and support Mr Parker; I don't care. Good for you for having your own opinions.

§nakehead
fine

who?-kid
Wow, these days, it doesn't take much to become a "rebel" : just speak your mind about a fictional superhero from behind your desk, and before you know it, you're Che Guevara. Am I a rebel too ?

Viva la Revolution !!!

(not dissing Mr. Parker, just speaking in general).

Kontraz
umm.... wanna try to get this derailed subject back on the tracks?

Wynndar
yea i think that is one of the coolest things about predator, they do have honor.....like when they respected Danny Glover after he killed one fair and square in P2...fighting a predator would be awesome

Kontraz
i dont really agree with that. Those preds most likely didnt do anything to danny glover because that pred he killed was rebellious. He didn't take heed to any of the "hunting regulations" i guess you would call them. Note how the pred in the first movie was. He hunted his prey. Killed them off slowly, and used limited weaponry. In 2 it was just a slaughter in the city. The other Preds probably just figured getting killed by Glover was just what the pred had comming to him stick out tongue

Spawnie
U keep what u kill, I guess is the moto. Same thing happened to Batsie, twice.

Nataku8188
Let me educate you all, being that I own both AVP games, all the movies and have read 50% of the 100 or so comics. (no lie, there are so many crossovers its crazy. Predator VS batman, 3 sets of it! Predator vs Superman, predator vs tarzan at the center of the earth! Alien vs batman! Etc. TONS!) I also have all the books. Yummy reading.

Predators:
-Hunt aliens as a 'blooding', or coming of age ceremony. They seed planets with the eggs, wait for appropriate levels of activity and go down to kick some alien ass.
-Have technology far beyond anything we've probably thought of, they each have a nuclear device in their arrmor which is attached to their self destruct mechanism. 30 square blocks of thermal boomies.
-3 vision modes in their masks, thermal, electromagnetic and Predtech. Alien's blood is acidic, therefore it has electrolytes, like a battery. Makes them show up all pretty on the electromagnetic view. Predtech tunes into the special chemistry of predator equipment and makes them glow all pretty.
-Unbelievably strong, predators are, pound for pound, in the same strength range as aliens.
-Skilled warriors, the predator lifestyle IS hunting, comparing anyone to these guys is like comparing a high-school basketball team to the '96 chicago bulls.
-Durability wise, predators really can't take all that much damage. They are built like humans and can take slightly more damage then us.
-Predator blood neutralizes alien acid to a small extent.

Humans:
-Focus of the movie because they are the easiest for people to relate to, obviously. Besides, most people are too idiotic to enjoy watching predators speak with subtitles, which is why they dubbed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. God that was an UBER sweet movie.
-Firepower, the humans, unlike predators, don't give a **** about honor. They use fully automatics to SHRED anything that gets in their ****ing way.
-Survival instinct is what drives the humans to survive, people have been known to do AMAZING things when forced to. Like flips cars and stuff.
-Teamwork, with the humans outnumbering the predators, they are going to be working together more, but not quite as much as the aliens.

Aliens:
-Hosting, aliens can be bred from any vertabrate species.
-Drone mind, the average alien drone has the intelligence of a dog. The queen is considered to be in the upper 100 ranges, making her a genius by human standards.
-Relentless, the Queen will throw drones away without a second thought, but will NOT endanger her eggs in any circumstances.
-Power, aliens do not need air to breath, have an 8-10 foot long tail, claws, ability to pounce more then 20 feet. Aliens can climb just about anything, their blood is extremely high pressurized and is acidic. Only knee and headshots are considered effect places to hit them because there is little acid blood in the top of the head, it is mostly brain matter. The knees bleed very little and slow the alien down. Aliens CAN and HAVE continued on without their lower bodies.
-Speed, the aliens are unbelievably fast, the runner aliens (bred from dogs) can move about 30-40 mph without stopping.
-Predaliens, we might see the predator borne aliens, predaliens. These things are COMPLETELY BADASS. They will not hesitate to **** EVERYTHING in this movie up.

Mane
Batman vs Predator I
Batman vs Predator II
Batman vs Predator III
Tarzan vs Predator
Turok vs Predator (i think, maybe im mistaken)
Superman vs Predator (again, i might be mistaken)
Batman vs Aliens
Superman vs Aliens I
Superman vs Aliens II
Superman vs Aliens III
Green Lantern vs Aliens

theres a few more, but those are the one ive seen (with the exception of a couple)

Nataku8188
Turok vs predator is the only one of those I don't think I've heard of. Hell there is TERMINATOR vs predators (or was it aliens) it's EFFING ridiculous.

Kontraz
thats a nice list of facts listed there.... and i have to agree with most of them, seeing as i have most of the comics, and ALL the games (from super nes, through comp and xbox). One problem though. The director already said he is going by JUST the movies, making this a seperate continuity from previous comics and books. They are also releasing a TPB "Alien vs Predator" that goes along with the movies' continuity, instead of other comics'...

Nataku8188
Damn, that sucks nuts.

Kontraz
how? I think its pretty cool. I thought it was gay how the preds adopted that girl into their culture, then she was able to take out 5 fully armed preds with her bare hands...

i like the way they are "starting fresh" with the AvP deal

Nataku8188
She was never truly adopted... she was barely accepted!

Kontraz
stilll, my point stands

Kontraz
one week from today... im so psyched!!!!

Kontraz
just curious, but how many of you guys are gonna go see it friday???

Nataku8188
Me, If I can, but bad news! The yugioh movie is coming out friday too, so the theater will be packed with raving 12 year olds! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Spawnie
I've seen the trailer and it really looks good. I'm really excited.

Kontraz
they should have yugioh vs Alien vs predator... that would be funny.... not really.... im just killing more cyber trees.

anyway, there are 5 preds going to earth.... how many do you think will make it out alive?

Kontraz
oh oh oh... go to www.avp-movie.com

They just got 2 new movie clips in!!! One shows a Pred's death (by alien) and the other shows a pred completely man-handling an alien!

GOD I CANT WAIT TILL FRIDAY!!!!!

Shadow_King
hey the leader of the humans looks like bishop the robot from aliens and the human bishop from alien 3

Shadow_King
coincedence.

Nataku8188
No, the synthetics in the aliens movies are made to look like BISHOP WEYLAND, their creator and leader of the human party. Also, I thought it was 3 predators...

... Just watched the trailers... Laughing my ass off at the predator manhandling the alien.

Shadow_King
well cuuz preds have weapons and aliens dont.

Nataku8188
That doesn't mean shit... He's manhandling it with his bare hands.

Shadow_King
ok. but if their are jsut 3 preds than thats cool cuz their a lot of aliens.

Shadow_King
i read that ellen ripley is gonna be in this movie.

Nataku8188
Nope. She ain't, thank god. I hate ripley with all of my body, including my pee-pee.

Mane
Preds are gonna kick ass

Shadow_King
so than why was the actress who plays ER did an interview?????

Mane
erm...what?? eer

Shadow_King
what??

Nataku8188
I'm confused. The chick whos in the movie said her character will derive a lot of its strength from ripley, but it wont be a copy character.

Shadow_King
see. and it also said this was before the alien movies. then how come when ripley and his crew stumbled upon the alien in alien 1 she didnt know what the hell the alien was.

Nataku8188
Because no one cares, thats why. They'll probably explain it, and besides, it would be a Weyland/Yutani secret anyways. They wouldn't release this info to the public.

Shadow_King
i think this movie is gonna be a flop.

Nataku8188
Then you know nothing. The first week turnout is going to be TITANIC. I don't want to jinx it but I think it may take #1, or at least top 3.

Nataku8188
Then you know nothing. The first week turnout is going to be TITANIC. I don't want to jinx it but I think it may take #1, or at least top 3.

Nataku8188
Then you are a fool, I bet itll make #1, or at least top 3. Very anticipated movie.

Nataku8188
WOAH! Triple post madness! Whoops!

Lenord
Anyone remember Freddy Vs Jason. I hate it when movie producers do things like this. What made the Alien and Predator (2nd one was so shit) good was that they were a an action/horror movie where the humans were hunted down one by one. If this Vs movie turns out to be a battle between the Aliens and Predator, with the humans there for nothing but screaming and dieing (which is ver likely) or worse if they decide to somehow team up the Predator with the human (ohhh I hope not) then I can see this going down the dumps.

Nataku8188
This has been in the works for so long... Look at the director! Resident evil! That movie was so underfunded and look at how well that did! This is going to be like alien 2. Totaly sweet.

Kontraz
notice that nobody knew anything about it EXCEPT for the android in Alien. The andriod was built by Weyland-Yutanni, and it was put on the ship just incase anything like that ever happened. Also, in Aliens (the 2nd movie) they colonized the planet KNOWING about the aliens there, though ripley had yet to be discovered floating out in space...

Shadow_King
ok so i am confused.

Shadow_King
this should not have anything to do with the alien stuff.

Kontraz
umm..... continuity is a good thing? What brand of crack are you on? Cuz my crack-head friends can at least grasp that much rolling on floor laughing

Shadow_King
well.... i should'nt judge a movie without seeing it first.

Nataku8188
..Or understanding the plot.

Kontraz
exactly...

Shadow_King
true.

Sinuar
This movie is going to be a dissapointment, first because of the PG-13 rating, and second because I wathced the new trailer clips.

I would post the link if I could but this is what dissapointed me from them.

Is that Alien Carapace is not that strong. Being thrown into a rock pillar would have shattered it.

And Alien blood doesn't harm predator metal.

Regardless I will pay to see this movie but it isn't going to be that great, they could have done so much better.

Shadow_King
i heard that this movie takes place between the events of alien and predator.

Shadow_King
this is at your discrission (sp) i will not be held with any responsibility if you look at this post. I am warning you very much if you do not want to know do not read. I AM SERIOUS.

Preadators WIN the war!!

One human survives!!

and at the end the last predator just drops dead and a alien/Preadator pops out of his belly!!

intresting facts

the teams leader name is CHArles Bishop coincedence?

and humans builded pyramids cuz preds told them how to build the pyramids and the humans thought that the preds were gods that comes to earth every 100 years!!

Spawnie
I figured as much. Nothing that is being said here is gonna spoil the movie for me, I'm watching it no matter what!

It's nice that they combined and sawed together with the alien quadrology. But that is all that is is, SAWED TOGETHER, so it doesn't mean that it's not gonna have mistakes and unanswered questions.
If u think about it the Predatoe movies should be first on the timeline, then come all the 4 Alien sequels, right? So AVP should be right in the middle. It's not a bad idea, it could work.

Nataku8188
This movie is going to be a dissapointment, first because of the PG-13 rating, and second because I wathced the new trailer clips.

It pg-13 because predator and alien gore don't count towards the rating.

Is that Alien Carapace is not that strong. Being thrown into a rock pillar would have shattered it.

Yes it is, Alien Carapace can stand the standard issue pistol bullets from Aliens with no damage. Figuring in a lot of things, such as the fact that that is so far in the future, I'm guessing those pistols have somewhere in the 1.5~2.0 times more power.

And Alien blood doesn't harm predator metal.

Says who? That was only in the comics/games/books. They already said they aren't basing any of this on those.

Regardless I will pay to see this movie but it isn't going to be that great, they could have done so much better.

I highly doubt it.

Sinuar
"Yes it is, Alien Carapace can stand the standard issue pistol bullets from Aliens with no damage. Figuring in a lot of things, such as the fact that that is so far in the future, I'm guessing those pistols have somewhere in the 1.5~2.0 times more power."

Sorry but if you have ever seen Aliens 4: Resurrection there is a scene where a guy is climbing up a ladder and a alien is chasing him. He leans back shoots the alien in the head with one pistol round and it explodes.

"Says who? That was only in the comics/games/books. They already said they aren't basing any of this on those."

So wait if he isn't basing anything off the books or anything then what is he basing it on?

Another problem is they are making Predators look wrestlers. Predators are skilled hunters, and agile.

Kontraz
"Sorry but if you have ever seen Aliens 4: Resurrection there is a scene where a guy is climbing up a ladder and a alien is chasing him. He leans back shoots the alien in the head with one pistol round and it explodes."

keep in mind, alien: res happened a long time AFTER the first 3 movies, and those movies take place a while after AvP. Technology for a regular pistol in Alien: res is probably so far advanced it could easily penetrate the alien's skin/shell whatever you wanna call it, while our weapons of today wouldn't do much at all.

"So wait if he isn't basing anything off the books or anything then what is he basing it on? "

he's basing it off of the 4 alien movies and 2 predator movies. Any of the books and/or comics he is drawing from to a slight extent, but not fitting them into his continuity directly. ALSO the reason the pred's metal melts might be because the AvP comics take place far into the future, and the preds would no doubt have better tech. by then.

"Another problem is they are making Predators look wrestlers. Predators are skilled hunters, and agile."

yes, predators in general are skilled hunters, but keep in mind these are TEENAGE predators, having never gone on an actual hunt. They are very inexperienced. Regular preds would probably destroy all the aliens without even breaking a sweat.

As for the wrestler-ness of them. Its mainly 2 of them that look real "bulky". One of them has the SAME BODY MOLD as the pred used in Predator 2 (different armor and skin patterns/color, but same mold).

Spawnie
Those rounds were not standard army issue my friend. That guy fired some plasma charges at the alien. He had 2 pistols strapped to his forearms, both with some kind of plasma rounds. his rounds went through the army helmet like it was butter. Thing is that the shoulder cannon that the preds have is really gonna do damage. Aliens can't withstand that blast.

Kontraz
yeah, too bad they dont HAVE their shoulder canons until 20 mnutes is left in the damn movie... what a disappointment...

Mane
use a spoiler you monkey-fuking queerball! i havent seen it yet!

i havent seen it because Florida is being hit by a category 4 hurricane and a shitload of tornadoes...

Beyonder
Mane

use a spoiler you monkey-fuking queerball! i havent seen it yet!

i havent seen it because Florida is being hit by a category 4 hurricane and a shitload of tornadoes...

It's stupid to say this cause you guys seem to be facing catastrophic disasters...but it does seem like the kind of awesome mode/condition to be sitting in a theater watching this movie. Sucks that even if you wanted too - theaters would still be shut down.

Spawnie
I just went through a load of reviews about the movie, and I can paste a fiew, but I'm not gonna cuz they got spoilers in it. Nedless to say is that the movie got a 5.9 out of 10 review on imdb.com. Not very good, and I read some really good reviews from actual fans, and those too were very bad. Basically they all say that James Cameron should off done it.
They say that with this movie they have desecrated what is holy for us, so I'm really down with the spirits about this one. All those comments that we had earlier, well basically we were all right and wrong. They all say that the new director is not a storyteller but a Fox corporate kissass.
All the storytelling that we were up for just went through the window. Ppl said that the movie was too short and that the characters r uninteresting and just plain. What bothered me the most is that the Predators r not acting like the ones in the other movies. They r not as sneeky and intelligent as we r expecting them to be. Oh well I just hope they get someone better for the sequel (director).

Mane
yeah this dude had many flaws in the plot. they need a new director for the sequel. i will post them as spoilers.

1. How did this group of experts just *happen* to know 1000 year old Aztec, Egyptain, and Cambodian hiroglyphics???
2. Why was there Aztec, Egyptain, and Cambodian architecture on the same structure!!?? and do NOT try to defend the theory that Native Americans, Egyptains, and Asians lived in the same civilization where Antarctica is now located because that is just stupid!
3. How come the Predator's armor's alloy was burned by Alien blood, but the alloy that they made their spears, hand-claws, and throwing statrs out of weren't burned by Alien blood? The main Predator killed 4 Aliens with the same spear, his hand-claws, and killed 1 Alien and sliced the mother Alien with his throwing star and every time pulled his weapons out of their body *undamaged* while the Alien's blood was MELTING THROUGH THE FLOOR! Why dont they make their armor out of the same alloy?
4. And WHY THE HELL WAS THAT GUY USING A DIGITAL CAMERA ON AN ARCTIC ISLAND! There is NO WAY those batteries would last in that kind of temperature!!
5. And where the fuk did that penguin come from when the guy was exploring the abandoned building?? Penguins live on the water where there is fish! Not on an icy wasteland that was 1000 miles from the nearest island!

sorry to ruin some of you guys' fun. i enjoyed the movie, but there were a lot of flaws. i could pick apart the movie some more, but i'll spare you.

but then again, like everyone else, i went to see the movie for some Alien/Predator ass kicking wink

Losty
if they **** it up like they did with freedy vs jason i will hunt them down my self

JuggernautFan
i actually liked it. it was kinda -off- and i thought it was kinda short. but none the less i liked it. to me though...... wait, i cant tell ya. you have to watch it yurself.

Tron
I kinda liked it too. Although, the movie should've been much longer to leave open time for much more needed storylines and plots, and they should've been more consistent with the whole "blood melting weapons thing" (although one pred's hand-claws did melt, that was just about it, from what I remember at the moment). But they did at least make the movie fit in with the rest of the movies somewhat. And I can forgive the pred's not being as slick and good as they should've been, since they were suppose to be youngsters after all. But regardless, it could've of been plenty better of course, and they didn't actually spend that much time putting the movie together either if I remember right. Didn't they only take a little less than a year or so to make this movie?

Mane
yeah, but the director had it all ready to be filmed almost 10 years ago, but didnt have the funding so he put it on the back burner. once he got the funding, he just tied up the loose ends that he'd left 10 years previous.

Kontraz
the movie sucked terribly. Though I'm biased cuz im a pred fan. But i think they should get a director that actually thinks decently of the preds, and doesn't want to make them the aliens' bitches...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>