What would you Change?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superfly4000
If you could fix anything about The Matrix Trilogy What would it be? I would delete some of those Burely Brawl scenes...

pr1983
the final battle between smith and neo really, not as much flying, more kicking the shit out of each other on the ground or in the building. also the end, i'd have changed it big time.

cal31
Only thing I would've change would have been to keep Tank as the operator, but I realize this wasn't all their fault, seeing as the actor wanted a huge raise.

Mordecai
All CGI in final fight and burly brawl, needs to be less cheesy and obvious.

deadly_force
i wouldnt change much except the 2nd and 3rd movie a big let down IMO after the first was so good

mc pee pants
much like some of our members here, i would definitely change some burly brawl scenes or make them live action. they mad a rig for neo and smith to shoot the ultimate burly brawl, i'm sure they can make one for neo stepping on all of those smith "clones'" heads. and the flying in the ultimate burly brawl... i would not completely eliminate it, but cut some of it. and i woulda made neo and smith fight in the building 'til it collapsed.

pr1983
cool idea, i think everyone wanted more actual fighting and less flying in the last burly brawl, because the first few mins of the fight were excellent

JediHDM
IMHO, i wouldn't change a thing. it worked out exactly as it needed to, the end was perfect, the fights were amazing, and it is in-essence a live-action anime. hence, nothing would be changed. I love the trilogy, and it is my favorite series of all time.

VenomVA
I agree with Jedi

DirectorFitz
yes it did work out...everything except some stuff in revolutions....maybe they could just fix the final fight....like how it kind of caught you off guard that smith can fly....i know he is neo...his opposite blahblahblah...but this would work better...

They fight on the street...then they only defy gravity to the point to where they are jumping off buildings....and going high into the air but not flying...and make it so they hit each other hard on the ground....that way, they knock down buildings and make an even bigger crater

Red Superfly
I'd redo Neo's character. I'd make him into a normal guy. This is hinted at in the first movie - but by 2 and 3 he's a lifeless robot.

Neo was great in the first movie, but in 2 and 3 he's so annoyingly dull.

I'd get rid of most of the CGI from 2 and 3, and instead opt to do everything like the first film i.e. all wire work and camera tricks, with SUBTLE CGI helping out some scenes.

The movies had some great ideas, absolutely ruined by a few truly awful ones.

I'd cut the amount of time spent in the real world down to a abre minimum. Cut out most of the blathering but keep in useful stuff, and on the whole make the story more obvious and conclusive - especially the God awful ending. Nobody wants to wait 4 years for an ending as crap as that.

Superfly4000
I know what you mean. The first Matrix was cool because of the human essance of Neo. Neo really was what made you feel that the Matrix could exist. It seems like once he becomes this "One" he is lifeless. Allmost all of his lines are questions and small statements. There is no character developement involved. Don't get me wrong, I love the movies, but there is and element missing in Neo's character that makes you feel for him.

Silver Stardust
thumb up I agree totally. I didn't like the ending at first, but after seeing it a few times, I realized that it was the only way to end it without it sucking horribly. So I say it's fine as it is.

JediHDM
well, the only thing i didn't really like was the slow motion flying of Smith. but it was fine in the scheme of things. one action is not cause to change an entire movie.

cal31
Yeah, I hate all these people saying the ending was gay and made no point, well I'd like to see the ending they would've come up with that actually made sense and fit the story. I loved the ending because it totally went against the hollywood ending which is what all of the Matrix films did, went against the normal hollywood film.

pr1983
but it did suck horribly, i am a huge fan and i even i can admit they ruined the ending, they could have used the time better

cal31
but again, whay do you think would've been a better ending? It really isn't an ending, it's more of a cliff hangar, it does not tell you how the story ends, it continues in the MXO.

Superfly4000
I wish they showed the damage that Smith made to the Matrix...

pr1983
they tried to integrate a poor console game(enter the matrix was bad, ive completed it, i know) into the story, it doesnt work, they should have just ended the movie, because all the fans who dont own pcs are left in the dark, which is very inconsiderate and cruel on the part of the filmmakers. i loved all three movies as much as anyone, but so many flaws permeated revolutions i was so angry, they f.ucked up big time imo, yes i bought all three dvds and the soundtracks, watch them over and over again. they should have finished it properly, instead we were left with more questions than answers.

OB1-adobe
I'm Going to get yelled at for this. What exactly is the 'Burly Brawl'?

Otherwise I thought the movies were fine. Revolutions was a little boring, but it was cool. The one thing for some reason I think the movie failed in(My opinion) was I never felt a sense of peril for zion. I mean there are millions of these sentinels coming down and killing and I just didn't care. I wasn't like: How are they going to get out of this one? It was just bunch people you couldn't remember their names, and you got introduced to for like 10-40 seconds of screen time in either the 2nd or the 3rd film and I was like: "Who died? Oh it was that guy, you know that guy that did that thing."
The ending reminded me in the way of Return of the king, in that you don't know what happened to Neo, and you don't know exactly where frodo sailed off to. It is always a film makers or writers delight to leave things abiguios.

I guess they are what they are. What can you do about it?

Silver Stardust
Burly Brawl was the fight between Neo and all the Smiths during Reloaded.

JediHDM
i don't mean to be rude, but what flaws? also, ETM was created as another part of the story; you can understand and enjoy the movies alone, but playing ETM, watching Animatrix and reading the comics allows a broader scope and better storytelling. also, the ending style is reminiscent of anime, which the brothers drew heavily on when making the series. the so-called "un-ending" of Revolutions is basically ending it like any anime is ended. And the "more questions than answers" is the point. The movies are designed to get you to think, and asking more questions with the end of the series is, specifically like every anime i have ever seen, and also makes you use the thing between your ears. i understand that you are a fan, and that you have seen them a million times, but believe me when i say, there is no other possible ending to the trilogy, that would make any sense and would end the trilogy.

btw, ETM was cross-platform, not only on PC, but also on Gamecube, PS2 and XBOX

Silver Stardust
Like JediHDM said, the Matrix has a very anime-ish feel. The ending, the fight scenes...very much like anime. And has anyone ever seen the anime Ghost in the Shell? If you're a Matrix fan and you haven't, I suggest that you watch it, because that's where a lot of inspiration for the Matrix came from.

And the whole point to the Animatrix and ETM and the comics is to add more to the story, but watching/playing/reading them isn't necessary to get the movies at the basic level; however, they DO answer some questions that are brought up but not addressed in the movies, or only glanced over.

And what's wrong with more questions than answers? Any good movie/TV show/anime will be like that, because it causes you to THINK. The Matrix isn't a movie that you can have just spoonfed to you, you have to actually make an effort to think about it and understand it.

The Ones
i wonder. as the years go by, will someone remake the matrix movies to what fans want?

JediHDM
well, i would watch it, but it would be totally wrong and would change the entire story...as i said before, believe me when i say that the ending is the perfect, and truly the only, pure ending.

cal31
the sequels the real fans wanted have all been ready made, it's the rest of you who don't understand them who need to wake up.

slinger
The only thing I would change would be more time in the Super Burly Brawl at the end of Revolutions. My version would be even bigger. And like Pee Pants said, I would make the building collapse. I wouldn't take any of the flying out, I would just add more martial arts...like 10-15 minutes of it Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

JediHDM
that is a great way to say it...and i am totally, 100% agreeing with that.

Korri
lol....

mc pee pants
burlybrawl

((The_Anomaly))
wow!....people are still going on about the ending and all that, geez, and as for people saying the CG is bad, i dont think so....espicially in Revolutions, its pretty damn amazing. I do agree about Tank as the operator, but what can you do, other then that, change nothing because all the movies are awsome..

Superfly4000
The CGI sucks. I could understand a little CGI every now and then for simple actions. But for them to have an entire sequence in computer animation, and expect me to think its real, is rediculous.

pr1983
i know, i had it on ps2, i was referring to matrix online pc wise, imo making u think is a great thing as far as the movies go, but sometimes it was reminiscent of star trek (of which im a fan) by adding uneccessary dialogue that didnt really have any purpose, not all dialogue was like that of course, but some of it was, thats what i hated. its ok to leave a few questions unanswered, in fact its good, but there were too many instances, those are the flaws imo.

mc pee pants
one more thing iw oulda chnaged, i would've brought back the twins. the twins versus trin, morpheus and seraph. in the coat check room, right after they killed all the vampires and werewolves.

right after the las t pee-on drops-- camera adjusts to the center focusing on double doors. when the doors open, we see the twins *insert evil twin smirk here*... our heroes the open fire, but the twins go into ghost mode. they rematerialize right in front of our trio just when they've run out of bullets... then @ss kicking ensues.some serious martial arts action between twin no. 1 and seraph and between twin no.2 against trin and morpheus. by the end of the battle-- camera angle right above the fight and the twins plastered to the ground side by side.

Korri
thats my smilie wink

mc pee pants
i like that smilie...

no, rephrase that... i ADORE that smilie.

Korri
i made it! eek!

mc pee pants
horray!!! i offer you the moonwalker...

moonwalker

Korri
mhm

mc pee pants
how about some twinkies...

Wolfie
I would change the ending. Peace between man and machine. Everyone sitting on a park bench with the sun shining bright. I really don't like those sappy happy endings. I would've had it so the humans barely beat the machines and they slowly free humans but know that it's useless, there are just too many people to free everybody.

I would also tone down the war against the machines. Is it just me or did anyone else go see Matrix Revolutions to see a movie in the Matrix.

mc pee pants
huh?

JediHDM
No, i went to see a movie about the end of the war, and to see how Neo stopped 4 Squiddies with his mind.

icansee
I agree.

Korri
i know what i would change wink

mc pee pants
more air time for the 40 year old man @ss? greenpeepants

Korri
droolio dont tempt me

mc pee pants
argh

Korri
sad

shaber
psst Korri

Korri
WHAT IS IT ?!?!?!?!?!

shaber
*coughs*

shaber
http://f.frost.bbboy.net/healnpd/cookiemonster.gif The cookie monster eek!

Korri
no expression go away

Wolfie
I was saying that Matrix Revolutions had next to nothing to do with the Matrix itself. The first one, it was all about the Matrix, that's why they called it that. Matrix Revolutions had about two scenes in the Matrix.

mc pee pants
because it was abuot the revolutions the humas held against the machines in the real world.

JediHDM
um...i am not sure what movie you watched, but Revolutions had _everything_ to do with the Matrix. after all, they were fighting a battle OVER the Matrix...

Wolfie
The first one had everything to do with the Matrix. Revolutions, for the most part, had to do with the war of humans against machines. All I was saying was Revolutions needed more scenes in the Matrix.

cal31
Why, how could they fight the machines in the matrix when they aren't in the matrix? Or we could've just watched Neo fight a million agents in the Matrix throughout the whole movie and not have seen anything that showed what happened to Zion which is what, for the most part, it is all about. The matrix is not about watching Trinity get her ass kicked by an agent over and over again, it's about trying to free the human race.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.