exams!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

barbie_girl
help everyone lara and i aboth have our gcses comin up in just over 7 weeks. they are very important to us as they are our ateway to college! i need to get 5 A*-C passes to get in and lara only needs 1 C!!!! all wish us luck!

who else has any kind of exams or tests comin up?
wot are they for?
if uve done urs wot were they like (but dontscare us and make us nervous)? eek!

finti
how is the grading system in England?

barbie_girl
A*- is the best
F -is the worst
U -u is ungraded!

finti
more like the Yank system
A = 100 -90%
b= 89-80%
C= 79-70 %
D= 69-60 %

Under this and you flunk F

mechmoggy
Get revising then BG!

I've got a bloody exam tonight on Statistical Process Control for variables and attributes, sounds riveting doesn't it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
a lunch with Belzeebub sounds like a better deal smokin'

mechmoggy
Tell me about it, I was up half the night reading about that crap too. I would have revised when I got home from work but my bloody fence blew down in the high winds and so I was re-concreting in a post. mad sad

finti
oh those picked fences

Bad Boy
Record Bitesize on BBC 2. These programmes are excellent and if it wasn't for them, I would be flipping burgers right now!!!!

Finti- You mean exam system in Britian, not England!

mah
good luck, lara and bg!!
and I have exams soon too, but they're not that importantsmile

finti
Well Bad Boy yeah Britain, but I asked BG who is English so It was naturall to say English. If I had asked you I would ask for the grading system in Wales, ...if any big grin

barbie_girl
pls dont argue on ma thread??? ill cry.. sad and bad boy thanks for the advice but aready doin that!!!! any one got any other revising techniques??? confused

yerssot
yes, you have to open your books big grin

I have exams too ... in about 3 months

Texas
So I'm assuming that this test your talking about is a test where the results are submitted to the college of your choice and then they decide based on your scores and high school grades to accept or regect you?

So they are like the SAT's here in the US.
If I were you, I would go out an buy one of those 400 page practice books. I'm sure they have some. That should help.

Are you a good student?
Cause if you are, odds are that you will pass the test very easily, cause they really aren't testing you on anything new.
But if your dumb and stuff, I would go out and get a study guide! smile

Ushgarak
Really, what you would consider college entry exams we call A-Levels, Tex. BG is doing GCSE's, so if she needs' grades that would be for a further education college (where she will be aged 17 and 18).

Raz
GCSE's? I remember doing them a loooong time ago. Before I was frail and weak...

yerssot
Before the Dark Times, before the Forum...

LanceWindu
I always hated exams. But I would pass (barely).

Edna Witch
Oh I remember GCSE's. They were a piece of p**s! Don't worry about them. You'll breeze them. And then in 3 years time you will wonder what the hell you were even worried about.

I have an exam in a week and a half. Dreading it. I also have exams in June. They are my first year medical exams and I'm really scared! Lots and lots of work to be done me thinks!

LadyEowyn
im taking the nothing GEPA's. wait, correction, i FINISHED taking the GEPA's. real easy.
tip for you guys: dont stress too much, it'll make you all nervous and sweaty during the tests and then you waste yur time on calming down.

barbie_girl
thanx guys for the support

i am really nervous!!! i finish for easter this time nxt week have 2 wks off and then my gcse's start 6 weeks back!!!

i had best start my revision hadnt i?

yerssot
If you get nervous, close your eyes, take a deep breath and relax.
Don't worry, be happy

It always works

mah
...or give up and go homebig grin

yerssot
that's the way to support her...

mah
must be allowed to make a joke now and thensmile
but of course I support her, of course!

mechmoggy
Edna, GCSE's may have been a piece of p**s to you but you've got into Medical School!!

My exam was terrible, I'd revised all the wrong things and think I may have to re-sit the bloody thing. Bunch of arse. sad

yerssot
poodoo mech! That's bad luck

mechmoggy
Tell me about it, there's nothing worse than exams.

yerssot
shuss! Still need to do a lot of those!

barbie_girl
thanx mah mad great support and to others of u thank u thank u!!! im just writing myself a revision timetable!

finti
you will do fine

barbie_girl
i hope so but thanx! smile

mah
sowwy sad

barbie_girl
i forgive u!!! ive got two exams for science nxt lesson!!!!!!! im worried i aint revised sad

Bad Boy
G.C.S.E.'s are easy. Well, they are compared to A/S Level.

Just relax, take your time, watch a few Bitesize programmes and take your time.

It's good to revise for 20 mins, have a break for 10 mins, then revise for 20 mins, then have a break for 10 mins..................... and so on, and so on!

R E L A X ! ! !

barbie_girl
i took ur advice for ma scince exams and i seemed to do much better and i feel more confident and happier in them now *crouches into darkest corner and weeps*

yerssot
you see! Relaxing! That's the best!

Edna Witch
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't watch bitesize. That is revision suicide! I tried that and soon realised that it bore no relevance to my syllabus whatsoever. At GCSE they are two diverse for some national revision programme to actually work properly. Just revise the notes your teachers have given you. That is the best way. Believe it or not they do actually know what they are doing!

barbie_girl
ahh now im even more confused about my revision!! wot shall i do wot shant i do what shall i watch or look at or not?? confused

Edna Witch
Well in some cases it is useful but you MUST make sure beforehand that it is related to your syllabus. It is no good revising something you didn't need to learn. Particularly important for something like English or History. But I still maintain your own notes are the best thing to revise from. At GCSE level the stuff your teachers give you is pretty much all you need. It isn't till you get to A level that you are expected to be able to find your own material for this kind of stuff. But I guess soem of the bitesizes might be useful. It all depends on how you revise best.

barbie_girl
thanx!

maya
hi barbie how r u xxx

barbie_girl
fine babe im gettin nervous!

barbie_girl
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh only 5 weeks-ish till our exams start but i got my pe and music moderation on the 8th of may!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.