KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » exams!

exams!
Started by: barbie_girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

Worried exams!

help everyone lara and i aboth have our gcses comin up in just over 7 weeks. they are very important to us as they are our ateway to college! i need to get 5 A*-C passes to get in and lara only needs 1 C!!!! all wish us luck!

who else has any kind of exams or tests comin up?
wot are they for?
if uve done urs wot were they like (but dontscare us and make us nervous)? eek!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:01 AM
barbie_girl is currently offline Click here to Send barbie_girl a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

how is the grading system in England?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:04 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

A*- is the best
F -is the worst
U -u is ungraded!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:06 AM
barbie_girl is currently offline Click here to Send barbie_girl a Private Message Find more posts by barbie_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

more like the Yank system
A = 100 -90%
b= 89-80%
C= 79-70 %
D= 69-60 %

Under this and you flunk F

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:08 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Get revising then BG!

I've got a bloody exam tonight on Statistical Process Control for variables and attributes, sounds riveting doesn't it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:15 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

a lunch with Belzeebub sounds like a better deal smokin'

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:24 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Tell me about it, I was up half the night reading about that crap too. I would have revised when I got home from work but my bloody fence blew down in the high winds and so I was re-concreting in a post. mad sad

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:36 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

oh those picked fences

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 11:36 AM
Bad Boy
Kevski

Record Bitesize on BBC 2. These programmes are excellent and if it wasn't for them, I would be flipping burgers right now!!!!

Finti- You mean exam system in Britian, not England!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 12:20 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

good luck, lara and bg!!
and I have exams soon too, but they're not that importantsmile

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 02:22 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well Bad Boy yeah Britain, but I asked BG who is English so It was naturall to say English. If I had asked you I would ask for the grading system in Wales, ...if any big grin

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 03:17 PM
barbie_girl
pole dancing princess

pls dont argue on ma thread??? ill cry.. sad and bad boy thanks for the advice but aready doin that!!!! any one got any other revising techniques??? confused

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 03:20 PM
yerssot

yes, you have to open your books big grin

I have exams too ... in about 3 months

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 04:16 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

So I'm assuming that this test your talking about is a test where the results are submitted to the college of your choice and then they decide based on your scores and high school grades to accept or regect you?

So they are like the SAT's here in the US.
If I were you, I would go out an buy one of those 400 page practice books. I'm sure they have some. That should help.

Are you a good student?
Cause if you are, odds are that you will pass the test very easily, cause they really aren't testing you on anything new.
But if your dumb and stuff, I would go out and get a study guide! smile

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 07:37 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Really, what you would consider college entry exams we call A-Levels, Tex. BG is doing GCSE's, so if she needs' grades that would be for a further education college (where she will be aged 17 and 18).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 08:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

GCSE's? I remember doing them a loooong time ago. Before I was frail and weak...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 08:33 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Before the Dark Times, before the Forum...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 08:35 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I always hated exams. But I would pass (barely).

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:32 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Oh I remember GCSE's. They were a piece of p**s! Don't worry about them. You'll breeze them. And then in 3 years time you will wonder what the hell you were even worried about.

I have an exam in a week and a half. Dreading it. I also have exams in June. They are my first year medical exams and I'm really scared! Lots and lots of work to be done me thinks!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 10:49 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyEowyn
found

im taking the nothing GEPA's. wait, correction, i FINISHED taking the GEPA's. real easy.
tip for you guys: dont stress too much, it'll make you all nervous and sweaty during the tests and then you waste yur time on calming down.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 03:37 AM
LadyEowyn is currently offline Click here to Send LadyEowyn a Private Message Find more posts by LadyEowyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote