Any vegans out there?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fox_Mulder
I'm considering becoming one. So I just want to know what you eat. Do eat dairy and eggs or not?

Df02
Vegans dont eat/arent associated with nething that comes from an animal

so if u really wanna wear plastic shoes for the rest of ur life, be my guest stick out tongue

no dairy, no leather, no meat, no eggs, no furs, no skins, no wool, no animal products at all...

Fox_Mulder
I can do everything else except the leather thing.

lil bitchiness
No you cannot.

You cannot eat or wear anything that came from an animal.

Fox_Mulder
How will my pants stay up???? sad

lil bitchiness
Became vegetarian.

And there are belts that are not leather.

Mr Zero
I was vegan for nearly a year - but the ethical dilemma each time I ate or drank almost drove me mad: so i reverted to the far less moral but mercifully easier life of the vegetarian.

Fox_Mulder
I guess being vegetarian would work best.

Mr Zero
Well - you have to make your own mind up. My reasons for adopting a vegan diet were not because i think consuming dairy products is somehow "wrong" (if the animal doesnt die - i'm happy to celebrate the humble bee by eating honey...) It was because i figure if i'm using dairy i'm supporting the practice of dairy farming - which in turn feeds the meat industry.

From there - i worked out that even SHOPPING in the stores that also sell meat is supporting the meat-business, so I was not only vegan i was a vegan that would only shop in small locally owned health food stores that only sold organic produce. IE I almost starved to death.

You have to find what works for you - forget the labels of veggie and vegan and do what you think is right.

Fox_Mulder
I'm concerned about my health. I already stopped eating red meat and pork years ago.

lil bitchiness
You could have gone out and lived in the wild where the nature itself would feed you with its humble yet tasty, unaltared, non-supermarket related, meet free goods. happy

Fox_Mulder
LOL. No thanks nature.

Df02
its not healthy to not eat meat tho lol...
meat is just as important a part of ur diet as vegetables and soya based meat imitation products

Fox_Mulder
I want to avoid unecessary red meats and unhealthy fats.

Df02
but red meat is the main way the body gets protein into the system... which is used to build/repair muscles among other things

how about, rather than becoming a hippy, u just watch ur diet, and make sure u eat sensible portions of meats.
everythings unhealthy in large doses, but at the same time, its unhealthy to cut things out of ur diet

Royal Knight
nope sorry i am an omnivore

Fox_Mulder
I eat meat in decent doses, but I think eating veggies would be a healthier alternative.

Df02
in the long run it isnt...because unless u REALLY like peanuts, uve got no way of gettin decent amounts of protein into ur system. lol

Mr Zero
KMC Law # 274

Its inevitable that any thread labeled "any vegans out there" will end up with people posting about how great it is to eat meat.

Df02
im not saying its great to eat meat tho lol..
im saying its healthier to eat meat in sensible amounts than to completely cut it out of ur diet

idiot
hey, fair is fair lol

Fox_Mulder
True, but I just wanted a response.

Mr Zero
See, THATS funny.

BackFire
If your doing it because of your health then you probably are doing it for the wrong reasons. You can give up red meat without becoming a complete vegetarian. Chicken, and Fish are both healthy substitutes for red meat.

If you are concerned about your health the best thing to do is probably CUT BACK on fatty red meats rather then giving them up completely. Just don't eat hamburgers or the like, and exercise more.

Oh, and yes, I love eating meat. When I was like 7 I became a vegetarian for a year, then I was like "man, this sucks, meat is good, I want meat" and ever since then I've enjoyed hamburgers and steaks every since.

BackFire
http://maddox.xmission.com/grill.html

Humerous rant about vegetarians.

Fox_Mulder
LOL. Funny link BackFire.

Darth Revan
Heh, I've seen that before. Funny shit.

Df02
nething by Maddox is garuantee'd quality

Kaleanae
I'm vegetarian and I tried becoming a vegan but I can't live without milk chocolate

Ronny
i dont eat pork

but its just the taste i dont like i eat what looks good to me i dont get fat easly

Mightyrain
I am a vegan have been for about 14 years... I do eat dairy products though

Turbo-Cajun
Damn I would be a vegan if I had the self discipline... but those steaks and burgers have a thing for me. I would quit eating it if I could, but I tried before and that didnt last too long.

Mr Zero
which is a lot like saying "I'm a virgin - but I do like to **** like a crazed baboon, sometimes 8 men at a time..."

If you eat dairy you are not vegan. Same as if you eat fishies and chickens you are not vegetarian. Do you understand me? It's not hard.

Ronny
laughing

shellie
talk to a dietician sweetie...as helpful as most member here are you need to find out the facts from a professional then decide from there .

Tired Hiker
I gotta have my fish. erm

Ronny
sushi droolio and halibit with lemon droolio mmmmmmmmm

Tired Hiker
Yes, oh yes. And salmon. Oh, and red snapper! Oh, yes. Grilled with too much lemon for anyone's business. smile

Oh, yes.

shellie
laughing thanks alot , im hungry now

Tired Hiker
Then you should eat! smile *cooks shellie some animal free burritos*

shellie
oooooooooo....burritos love

Mr Zero
DITTO!

you just can't get good burritos in london....

Mightyrain
most people clump vegetarians and vegans together in the same group. I am fully aware that a vegan is someone that eats no meat or uses no animal products (including leather and fur). I find it easier just to conform to how the question is asked "are there any vegans" rather than start a sub-topic with-in the thread "I'm a vegetarian"... I do not eat meat and I do not use animal products with the exception of dairy.

Mr Zero
Subtopic? Conform? What?

Hensteeth if your going to try to justify making yourself look foolish - at least do a better job of it.

WindDancer
I think is better to become a vegan at a younger age. As you get older is harder to resist meat and dairy products. I can never give up cheese! No way.....eating more vegetables is fine.

MornGlory
I am on the zone diet- and there is very lvery little meat
but you eat a lot of egg whites--
I think becoming a vegatarian would be better-- I mean vegans dont eat animals or anything that comes from an animal- because they believe animals have feelings and souls.. blah blah --

now if you eat your own cat or goldfish- then you have problems- that's cruel! evil face

also you can't eat cheese and milk- that calcium is really important when you get to be a senior citizen - you don't want to be one of those old people that are hunched over all the time -and have a huge hump on your back- YUCK! sick

Creechuur
Jeez Zero, no wonder you're so hostile and sarcastically challenged, you need to eat some damn protein and stop worrying about industries you have no control over!

"how about, rather than becoming a hippy, u just watch ur diet, and make sure u eat sensible portions of meats.
everythings unhealthy in large doses, but at the same time, its unhealthy to cut things out of ur diet"

Seriously. Why do people feel they need to go to such extremes? Eating right has nothing to do with eliminating meat or carbs or anything else, just don't max out on anything...including vegetables and tofu, you damn hippies.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to eat my hamburger before it gets cold...and drink my milkshake before it melts...and put my leather-clad feet up...and kill a chicken for dinner tonight.

darkcrown
Damn straight!
cool

WindDancer
Too much red meat is bad for the blood pressure.

Jedi Priestess
natch wink

and it IS great to meat btw stick out tongue

Creechur! good to see you back! eek!

Creechuur
Thanks JP! The SW forums were getting scary for awhile and I was getting too pissed at the political threads so I stepped back for a bit. Got a job now too, so y'know.

Back ontopic, I had a "I eat vegans" bumper sticker on an old beat up van I used to drive. It mustve offended some hippy, cuz one day there was a note on my windshield saying:

"EAT ME. I would have keyed your car, but it didn't look like you would notice."

Jeez, a little sensitive over a bumper sticker, doncha think? Its funny, but the most hostile, unbalanced people I've ever known are vegans...hmmmm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.