I want a flat stomach and all round toning, HOW?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Asami

eleveninches
Do stuff like push ups (start with 20 or however many you feel comfortable with and try to increase that number by one each day) . Sit ups are quite good for the chest area as well.
There are those muscle toner things, but they dont get rid of fat, they just tone muscle that is already there, and being a student, you might not want to spend the money on one anyway.

dragonpisces272
you know, you dont need all these high-tech gadget stuff that advertise on TV. Brisk walking and stretching is a good warm up (but dont do the 'bouncing exercises'). Sit-ups are a good idea, and curl ups, push-up, do some sports. Run further to increase endurance and your breath rate. I used to be a physical person but got lazy and now need to start over like you sad I feel the pain

forumcrew
(start with 20 or however many you feel comfortable with and try to increase that number by one each day)

not really the best strategy.. do as many as u can do every time.. push yourself to your limit.. if you can add 5 then do it the next time try to add 100.. working out is all about taking urself to ur limit dont just say ill do this and stop stuff like crunches and pushups and stuff u just gotta burn yourself out

Asami
I feel bloated after food. Is this normal? (Might sound duh, but not sure if lotsa ppl get bloated!)

forumcrew
i feel full usualy... not really bloated too much.. eat less or maybe slower or maybe just better quality food

you can eat what you want (within reason) and lose weight/look better you just have to eat smaller portions and take ur time and try to mix in more healthier foods too.. dont eat right before sleeping that sort of thing. and then just exercise!

Barf Heaven
Prolly gas... I get that too...

And I like the thing about increasing your pushups by 1 each day... He's not training for a bodybuilding comp here, he just wants to be in reasonably good shape. It's worse to hurt yourself and not be able to work out for 2 months than it is to start slowly and gradually get stronger.

I like pushups, but pullups are even better if you have a bar and are strong enough to do 'em without killing yourself every time. Also, you might invest in some weights... Just the little dumbell thingies you hold in one hand. They're not too expensive, and well worth the money.

Sports of any kind are always good too, especially martial arts if you can afford to pay for classes...

dragonpisces272
you can just get good exercise without even paying a thing. Jog outside...push-ups...use items around the house as those dumbell thingies.
forumcrew> yeah, thats all true. Don't eat so fast, or skip meals. Skipping meals will have you eat more in one go, and bloat you up. Meals here and there, but dont lay down right after a meal; that can cause some heartburn.

Barf Heaven
^yep

It's better for your digestive system to eat a lot of small meals than a few big ones

Not that you have to be like Dale Gribble and eat nine small meals a day or anything just be sure to have at least 3 meals a day

forumcrew
doing pushups u wont hurt urself and not be able to do it for 2 montsh thats rediculous.. u build muscle by destroying it and letting it rebuild if u dont get to a point that challenges u at all.. its useless

dragonpisces272
learn that the "no pain no gain" theory doesn't work.

botankus
$5000 for a tummy tuck / liposuction combo

Linkalicious
To get a slim toned stomache you need to run long distances. Sit Ups will give you strength and ripples, but if you got that light layer of fat over those abs (like most of us) then you need to run in order to knock down the belly. Jumping rope until you break a good sweat is excellent for this too. Then do all sorts of sit ups and push ups to help develop muscle definition.

If you're like me, i'd wait about 2 hours after i eat a meal before i start any ab work outs. If you're serious about working out, then you'll push yourself to the limit all the time...and that may cause you to lose your lunch.

And most important of all, remember that you'll probably be pretty weak at first, and that 6 packs don't happen over night. Strive to increase your repetitions so that each workout is better than the last one. The great thing about push ups and sit ups are that you can do them everyday...unlike weight training which requires a day of rest afterwards.

6 weeks ago when i started working out....i'd finish my lifting and go to the treadmill for 20 minutes and then go do 4 sets of 30 sit ups. Now 6 weeks later i finish my lifting and run for 35 minutes on the treadmill and do 4 sets of 90 situps....just remember to always push yourself to be better, but not so hard that you hurt yourself.

Linkalicious
oh and regarding diets....your working out will help that bloated feeling. I used to eat like 3 meals a day and would get fat from it, but since i started working out hard, i eat almost 5 meals a day. My metabolism has sped up dramatically and even with those 5 meals, i'm losing my gut. Also, i don't recommend counting the number of pounds you add or lose...it's all in how you feel about your looks, not how much you weigh.

Asami
Hey Linkalicious, thanks for the tips!

I used to find it odd when I'd eat 5-6 times a day and not get fat, guess I was more active back then. Its funny, I used to eat more than my bf and he weighs 4stone more than I do!

Really pushed myself today, when I walked down the stairs I really felt it in my thighs, must mean I'm doing something right wink

Barf Heaven
I know that's an exaggeration, but I hope what you posted originally was too. Adding 5 one day then a hundred the next?! That's just stupid!

boxofdeath2.0
EDIT

kal-el
I agree with everything said here. I have my own gym in my garage that has boxing equipment and weights and a rowing machine. I go running often too but the most consistent workout I get is cycling.I have no car and I'll be damned If I'm gonna wait for buses all day long. I cycle where ever I go including work so the least exercise I'll do on any given day, even a lazy day is 7 miles of cycling. It is great for legs and cardio vascular system. If you did martial arts, then you know~(asI do through boxing) that nothing makes you breathe harder than fight training(punchbag) or skipping. but if you get a bike and just cylcle everywhere, the fat will drop off

Barf Heaven
Cycling is great yes

I love riding my bike when the weather permits yes

SK88728
i want a noticable six pack, mine isn't that noticable. and i dont feel like what ever i do makes it better or worst.

DeNiro
ok here is what to do to get toned without machines or free weights.

To get ur abs back u must start eating healthy u can eat as much as you want just healthy. abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. wich means the food u eat will be the reason why u have abs or not.

Do cardio in the morning always in the morning before eating ne thing. The reason you do this is because in the mroning you will be burning pure fat instead of just burning what u ate earleier that day.

To get defined abs u must do abs three days a week but only do about 200 frontal ab workouts then about 200 side crunches to get the side of ur stomach defined. Dont do 600 situps more isnt better. Girls do alot of crunches to get a lfat stoamch the more crunches u do the less u will see striations and cuts because u will just make ur stomach flat so do less about 100 to 200 3 times a week.

then to get muscel mass without machines or free weights do push up wide for ur chest because doing a wide pushup will focus more on the chest area. then do closed handed push ups to work out the back of ur arms which is the tricep.

do biceps by lifting even paint cans unless u got dumbells.
for back pick up something that is on like a straight bar bend over with ur back straight and bring the bar up to ur belly button do this for reps of like 15 to 20 and just do 4 or 5 sets.

for legs just run and then squat in place with no weight. and calves rasies on stairs.

shoulders are harder but just pick something heavy up in both hands and shrug it for like 20 reps for 4 or 5 sets.

indoroids
CLENBUTEROL

Clenbuterol is a very interesting drug which has recently become popular amongst body builders.
Clenbuterol itself, is a third generation beta agonist. Clenbuterol's use as a bodybuilding drug item from a number of medical reviews which have cited its outstanding potential to promote muscle gains as well as fat loss. It has been used in parts of England for several years by a limited number of elite athletes.

More recently, due to the steroid crackdown, there have been an increasing number of American bodybuilders that are experimenting with this drug. Clenbuterol is indeed the most intriguing ergogenic aid I have studied with the sole exception of anabolic steroids.

Many athletes who use Clenbuterol claim that it promotes dramatic strength increases and a very noticeable reduction in body fat Some athletes claim that they enjoyed significant gains in muscle mass while using Clenbuterol. Clenbuterol's most valid application seems to be as a pre-contest, cutting drug.

It is not banned by any athletic committee; thus, numerous professional bodybuilders have used it for the last month of contest preparation. Athletes have used between 60-120 mcgs taken in divided doses daily. Because it causes a great deal of receptor downgrade it should not be used continually.

Research shows that using it for two days, then taking two days off prevents attenuation. Cycles range from 6-12 weeks in length. Side effects include nervousness, tremors of the hands, headaches, and insomnia. Usually these side effects are dose related. It comes in 20 mcg tablets.

With the recent wide scale use of clenbuterol by athletes, we can now gather quite a bit of evidence on what the real world effects of clenbuterol are in weight trainers.

To say that clenbuterol use is rampant in bodybuilding right now would be an understatement. Thousands and thousands of athletes are using this drug. I personally know a number of pro football players, foreign Olympic athletes, and professional bodybuilders who are using clenbuterol. In addition, I have received feedback from at least 200 other athletes who have experimented with this novel compound. Generally, the feedback from clenbuterol users is that the drug produces dramatic body composition alterations. One Canadian strength coach compared the results he has seen in athletes using clenbuterol to what one might experience while using a stack of Anavar and Halotestin.

Within weeks of beginning clenbuterol therapy, many athletes notice a significant strength increase and a dramatic reduction in body fat. The results that occur secondary to clenbuterol administration seem to occur equally in men and women as well as young and old.

The average dosage of clenbuterol used by athletes is 3-4 20 mcg tablets taken in divided dosages throughout the day. At the extremes, some athletes have reported positive effects on as little as 1 tablet a day and others have used up to 10. The trick to using clenbuterol successfully seems to be avoidin receptor downgrade which occurs rapidly with the use of this beta agonist. In fact, one clinical study s owe at receptor owngrade as much as 50% is experienced after using clenbuterol for as little as 18 days consecutively. This same study showed that attenuation can be avoided if clenbuterol is taken in a 2 day on 2 day off pattern.

Athletes using clenbuterol in this manner have reported much greater results than those who use the product continualy which seems to support the theory that attenuation can be at least partially avoided by staggering the dosage. Athletes have also made a habit of cycling clenbuterol in an effort to minimize side effects as well as prevent receptor downgrade. Average cycle length on clenbuterol is 8-10 weeks with a 4-6 week off period.

EPHEDRINE

First, ephedrine has clear fatburning characteristics. On the one hand, this occurs since ephedrine produces heat in the body (thermogenesis). Simplified, ephedrine slightly increases the body temperature so that the body burns more calories than usual. On the other hand, ephedrine stimulates the thyroid gland to transform the LT-4 (L-thyroxine) into the stronger thyroid hormone, thus accelerating the metabolism. The fatburning effect, with the additional intake of both methylzanthine caffeine and aspirin, can almost be doubled. Scientific research has shown that the combination of 25 mg ephedrine, 200 mg caffeine, and 300 mg aspirin is ideal to produce a synergetic effect. Those who apply this combination three times daily, approximately 30 minutes prior to a meal, will significantly burn fat. Competing bodybuilders have appreciated this for quite some time.

Second, ephedrine has anticatabolic characteristics. Thus it is especially useful for maintaining the muscle system while dieting. Finally, athletes often use ephedrine as a "training booster." Since it has a mild amphetamine-like effect on the central nervous sys-tem (CNS) it improves the concentration, vigilance, and the interplay of nerves and muscles. For this purpose, 25-50 mg ephedrine are taken approximately one hour before a workout. The athlete feels an immediate boost in energy which during work-out can manifest itself in a 5-10% increase in strength. Again, also in this case, the effect can be improved by taking caffeine and aspirin (s.a.). it is important to note that ephedrine, administered for this purpose, is not to be taken more than three times a week; otherwise, the body gets accustomed to it and the "boost effect" decreases, and much higher dosages are needed.

THYRAX (T4)

T4, or L-Thyroxine is a synthetically manufactured thyroid hormone. Its effect is similar to that of natural L-thyroxin (L-T4) in the thyroid gland.

It is often used for a longer time period than L-T3. Bodybuilders use L-Thyroxine to accelerate the metabolizing of carbohydrates, proteins, and fat. The body burns more calories than usual so that a lower fat content can be achieved or the athlete burns fat although he takes in more calories. L-Thyroxine (T4) was often used by competing bodybuilders. The athlete no doubt becomes harder. When used properly there are few side effects to L-Thyroxine.

The dosages taken by athletes are usually in the range of 200-400 mcg/day (2 to 3 mcg per kg of bodyweight, for human with age more than 12 years old). I advise that you begin with a small dose and increase it slowly and evenly over several days. L-Thyroxine is a prescription drug and available only in pharmacies. L-Thyroxine is rarely found on the black market.

Also recommended to consume T4 with ephedrine in order to stimulates the thyroid gland to transform the LT-4 (L-thyroxine) into the stronger thyroid hormone, thus accelerating the metabolism (namely, burning more fat).

For more information, contact [email protected]

Snipes
i would hate to have muscles as big as him, you wouldnt be able to put your arms by your side or hug someone.

wuTa
plus you lose all your quickness and agility......one of the best places to work if you dont have access to a gym or your tight on cash is the park.....you can do pullups on the swings....dips on on the monkey...you can do hanging sit ups on that like scale rope you climb up on...i have no clue whats its called....also.....its important to do variations of thing to work on different body parts...like insead of normal pushups...elevate your feet on a chair/couch/bed ect and make a trianlge with you hands on the ground and do pushups that way(great for the triceps)...or like instead od normal pullups have your fingers face outward and do pullups that way...its still works the bicep but a different part of the bicep or you could do the same execersise but pulluo your self up more inward so the back of your neck touches the bar...good for the upper back(this is a tough exerecise so its unlikey you gonna be able the touch the bar with your neck when you 1st do it so just try get it as close as you can)....there are alot more varioations to almost any nonweight exercise......to get all of them i suggest you go to wherever you have access to muscle magazines alot of them have exercises like im talkin about and they describe them alot easier than i can....but browse through the magazines before you buy one...make sure it has what your lookin for

Snipes
ive started doing around 50 situps and 50 pushups in the morning.

and run around 2km each day.

i also do different streches to target muscles around my stomach and side of stomach.

i am also eating healthy and have cut out most of the bad food in my diet.

how long till i start seeing results. i have been doing this for around about 3 weeks and im feeling great, but i wanna see results.

spidergrl
Eat healthy.
Cut out the crap food. Eat your main meal in the morning and cut out your big dinner at night. Have something small !! also cut out carbs at dinner.

Exercise.
make sure that your exercising everyday and doing ab work or what ever you want to work on! IF you want a smaller tummy then, do sit ups and push ups. Other things like running and going on the cross cicle or what ever are good!!

Anything else, just ask?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.